Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Allan Rodrigues De Souza

Read 37681 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Allan Rodrigues De Souza (On Loan at Hertha Berlin)
      Reply #92: Sep 21, 2016 07:54:16 pm
      Tough game for the lad to start in. They probably won't see much of the ball. Judging from the first few minutes, he is playing in a slightly more advanced role than I'm used to seeing him play, it's similar to Wijnaldum's and Lallana's. Lustenberger is the more defensive midfielder of the two.

I agree with this.

Difficult to judge Allan in this game, but each time he's gotten to ball, he has done well with it.

Can't see much changing in the second half, might switch to Real match tbh.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #93: Sep 21, 2016 08:27:56 pm
      Just had a shocker, sat on the ball in his own box and robbed of it by Thiago for an easy goal for Bayern. Hopefully something to learn from
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #94: Sep 21, 2016 08:33:40 pm
      Don't think I'll judge the lad too much on tonight, baptism of fire and from the very first minute Hertha were pinned back. A tough lesson for the lad but a lesson nonetheless.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #95: Sep 22, 2016 01:18:33 pm
      Great to see one of our lads on loan playing a monster side like Bayern. For years we had lads playing at places like Exeter or Crew or Darlington.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #96: Nov 04, 2016 09:23:40 pm
      Gone a bit quiet in here, so a little update:

He played the full 90 in a 1-0 loss against Hoffenheim, who are 4th in the league at the moment. Wasn't able to watch that game, but I might if I have some time tomorrow.

Today he came on early in the second half and played in a midfield two in a 4-2-3-1. It was an easy game though, 'that German team' (Borussia Mönchengladbach) were down to ten early in the first half after Kramer got his second yellow of the game. He often dropped deep between the two CB's or close to them to get on the ball and keep it going, pretty similar to what Henderson does for us and I think that's a great role for him. He has the passing range and defensive ability to do that. Hertha Berlin won 3-0 and are now 3rd in the league, so he's in good company and has played some top teams (Bayern, Hoffenheim and now Gladbach).
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #97: Dec 17, 2016 02:29:51 pm
      Allan starting against RB Leipzig in a minute! He always seems to start against the top teams. He is playing in midfield in what looks like a 4-4-2.

First half: 1-0. Leipzig by far the better team, have to admit, they play some good footie. Very high tempo, good pressing, well organised, I'm impressed. The stats say it all really: 67% vs 33% possession and 8 goal attempts vs 2 goal attempts. Can't say much about Allan as Hertha collectively didn't see much of the ball. The only thing I can say is his positioning has been good and put in some good challenges. His passing has been below his usual standard though.

Second half: Leipzig controlled the game. Hertha didn't even try, poor game by them. Allan tried to push his team higher up the field a few times, but to no avail. He was pretty much the only one showing some urgency. Nothing more to add, game ended 2-0.
      « Last Edit: Dec 17, 2016 04:20:24 pm by Danzel »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #98: May 20, 2017 04:31:26 pm
      Hertha Berlin qualified for Europa League, so it is likely Allan will stay for another season as they requested for another year :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #99: May 20, 2017 05:20:06 pm
      Hertha Berlin qualified for Europa League, so it is likely Allan will stay for another season as they requested for another year :)

Yeah he needs to anyway as he still doesn't qualify for a work permit yet.
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Re: Allan Rodrigues De Souza
      Reply #100: Aug 31, 2017 05:00:52 pm
      Joining Apollon Limassol on loan - interesting move after Hertha. But Apollon Limassol are in the same Europa League group as Everton...
      Go on son
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #101: Sep 28, 2017 08:19:21 pm
      Allan in the starting eleven for the game against the bitters in the EL if anyone is interested. (Playing right now.)

He is playing in what looks like a 4-3-3 as the left midfielder of the three. Similar to Wijnaldum's position. Saw him play more as the #6 for Hertha last season, interesting.
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2017 08:31:32 pm by Danzel »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #102: Sep 28, 2017 08:55:19 pm
      Allan in the starting eleven for the game against the bitters in the EL if anyone is interested. (Playing right now.)

He is playing in what looks like a 4-3-3 as the left midfielder of the three. Similar to Wijnaldum's position. Saw him play more as the #6 for Hertha last season, interesting.

Thanks for the reminder, I was watching the Milan match for 30 mins, then saw your post and switched over :)

Not much to talk about from what I have seen so far as Apollon Limassolare are mainly defending and playing long balls. Hopefully, we will see Apollon Limassol play some football and see what Allan is capable of.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #103: Sep 28, 2017 10:42:05 pm
      Thanks for the reminder, I was watching the Milan match for 30 mins, then saw your post and switched over :)

Not much to talk about from what I have seen so far as Apollon Limassolare are mainly defending and playing long balls. Hopefully, we will see Apollon Limassol play some football and see what Allan is capable of.

It's a bit hard to really judge the lad on all the games I've seen from him. The three teams I've now seen him play for (Sint-Truiden, Hertha and Limassol tonight) are all teams that like to sit deep and then hit it quickly on the counter-attack. I don't know how they play in their domestic competition though.

There's been a clear change in his position. When he arrived he was more described as a mobile #6 and he's now playing more as an #8.

Just a few observations:

- He's really comfortable on the ball, even under pressure
      - Passing is very clean most of the time
      - Moves across the pitch well
      - Gives cover when needed 
      - Good positioning again tonight (as far as I saw, he's much more aware of his surroundings compared to Can for example who you rarely see checking)

A few moments where he could have done better were one long diagonal that he completely missed and once where he tried to break off a counter-attack on Everton's half but didn't get to it enough and left a huge gap in midfield.

I think he's being held back a bit by the general quality of his team and I still find it a strange team to loan him to. There were a few occasions where he was leading the press but his teammates didn't follow and he was visible annoyed by it. I noticed that a few times at Hertha too. He's natural instinct clearly isn't to sit deep and soak up pressure.

I'd love to see him play for a team that dominates possession a bit more.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #104: Sep 29, 2017 04:47:19 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOKeq7OluZ0

First video of this kind I've found from him. Every touch in there (apart from the missed long diagonal it seems, haha)

Look tailor made for the #8 role in our system. A few good turns and quick passes in transition, good under pressure, clean passing (short and long) and good pressing.

Don't want to say he'll be good enough to do it for us, but everything I've seen from him over the past 2 years looks good and he's developing well it seems.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #105: Sep 29, 2017 04:51:18 pm
      I think he took a couple of poor free kicks and corners,so yeah get him in the first team. :)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #106: Sep 29, 2017 05:32:54 pm
      Look tailor made for the #8 role in our system. A few good turns and quick passes in transition, good under pressure, clean passing (short and long) and good pressing.

Adding to what you mentioned earlier post, his positional and player awareness is very good. His distribution seems Lucas like from deep but with more of a range on him. I think he looks tailor made for the #6 position from the little i have seen of him in this match and at Hertha.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #107: Sep 29, 2017 06:10:12 pm

First video of this kind I've found from him. Every touch in there (apart from the missed long diagonal it seems, haha)

Don't want to say he'll be good enough to do it for us, but everything I've seen from him over the past 2 years looks good and he's developing well it seems.

The signs are there though.
      Now I suppose it depends on if he can step up to the next level.
      Looking at this, he has the technical ability, so it's really up to the lad himself to keep working hard.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #108: Sep 29, 2017 07:50:43 pm
      Adding to what you mentioned earlier post, his positional and player awareness is very good. His distribution seems Lucas like from deep but with more of a range on him. I think he looks tailor made for the #6 position from the little i have seen of him in this match and at Hertha.

His distribution from deep is indeed Lucas-like, which is why I had compared him to Lucas when I was watching him at Sint-Truiden and when he occasionaly played there for Hertha.

Either Klopp wants him to play the #8 role or Limassol's manager rates him higher as an #8 than as a #6 right now. The only 'problem' or 'negative' with him being a #6 in our current team is that he's another small player in one of the few positions we should be looking at taller players.

He would of course be perfect cover in case of injuries or in certain games where teams sit deeper and his distribution from deep would be a big plus.

The signs are there though.
      Now I suppose it depends on if he can step up to the next level.
      Looking at this, he has the technical ability, so it's really up to the lad himself to keep working hard.

The signs are certainly there, which is why I still don't get the loan move. He was often used at Hertha to play in all the games against the bigger teams. You'd expect him to make the next step and move to a better team or a team at a level similar as Hertha's. Limassol looks like a step down in a league where they don't have much competition other than Apoel Nicosia I think it is.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #109: Sep 29, 2017 09:53:11 pm

The signs are certainly there, which is why I still don't get the loan move. He was often used at Hertha to play in all the games against the bigger teams. You'd expect him to make the next step and move to a better team or a team at a level similar as Hertha's. Limassol looks like a step down in a league where they don't have much competition other than Apoel Nicosia I think it is.

Last I read, he was still having work permit issues.
      That was a while ago, but if he's still having problems it would explain a few things.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #110: Sep 29, 2017 10:56:36 pm
      Last I read, he was still having work permit issues.
      That was a while ago, but if he's still having problems it would explain a few things.

This.

I think with this club he is virtually guaranteed to start most league games and a lot of European games too. Whatever dark art is involved in knowing the formula for a work permit, i think Liverpool were looking for a way he could play in continental matches.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #111: Sep 30, 2017 03:41:52 am
      Decomposer
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
      Reply #112: Sep 30, 2017 12:59:45 pm

Thought he looked pretty poor?
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #113: Jan 10, 2018 10:25:01 pm
      Any updates on his performances?
      After all the work the club has gone through to get him a permit to play in England, I am massively hoping that he turns out to be worth waiting for.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #114: Jan 10, 2018 10:40:15 pm
      Any updates on his performances?
      After all the work the club has gone through to get him a permit to play in England, I am massively hoping that he turns out to be worth waiting for.

I have a feeling he was bought as a punt to increase his value before selling on.
      He hardly got a game at Hertha and not really a regular this season at Limassol.

I doubt we will see him at Anfield.

Quick Reply