Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 583472 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6555: Yesterday at 02:51:16 pm
      Unless we get silly money for him I wont him to stay because to get a 15-20 league goal player is going to cost us well in excess Ā£50mil.
      This season was defined by some moments that just didnt happen for us it was so much better than last year and we won a trophy too so its a bit soon to be thinking about failures. I didnt agree with Mo getting that contract as it appeared to be for what he had done and it was bound to be a noose around his neck for some people to have a pop at him. He can be a goal scorer and a provider next season playing out wide.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,236 posts | 3485 
      Reply #6556: Yesterday at 02:53:59 pm
      His lowest tally of league goals since he arrived indicates a decline....I'm not saying he's garbage, I'm saying we are witnessing him going into decline...as all players do. It's an opinion, you have a different one......

Quick Question: How long should we accept this "poor run of form"?

Itā€™s the players first period of poor form since he arrived and itā€™s not surprise itā€™s after his first period of injuries -

He will go away now , refresh and then go again next season.

It seems too many are far too quick to write him off
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 1226 
      Reply #6557: Yesterday at 07:59:13 pm
      When he leaves nobody will complain about how he was paid 350k a week on his last contract. He was probably underpaid at his peak and overpaid since his form hasn't (inevitably) reached those heights. If the decision were made to cash in I would feel a lot more comfortable if there weren't so many question marks over our remaining forwards.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,458 posts | 820 
      Reply #6558: Yesterday at 09:11:44 pm
      Itā€™s the players first period of poor form since he arrived and itā€™s not surprise itā€™s after his first period of injuries -

it's not just poor form though is it.....His attitude has been questionable, he's looked a shadow of what he was for some time. I hope he comes back next season unrecognisable to this last few months and proves me wrong....I just can't see it...sorry
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,236 posts | 3485 
      Reply #6559: Yesterday at 09:15:47 pm
      it's not just poor form though is it.....His attitude has been questionable, he's looked a shadow of what he was for some time. I hope he comes back next season unrecognisable to this last few months and proves me wrong....I just can't see it...sorry

Attribute questionable ? What ā€œattitudeā€ ? Do you mean someone not happy with his own form and disappointment of not playing well
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,214 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #6560: Yesterday at 09:20:43 pm
      He'll see out the last year of his contract, make no attempt to sign a new one and leave for a big signing on fee somewhere.  We'll get nothing.  That's how it works.

So I doubt we are going to see a particularly reinvigorated forward next season.

Surly not? 😱 If thatā€™s the case you have to sell him and get the 100/150 million now from the Oilyā€™s
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,458 posts | 820 
      Reply #6561: Yesterday at 09:46:06 pm
      Attribute questionable ? What ā€œattitudeā€ ? Do you mean someone not happy with his own form and disappointment of not playing well
      I don't really get this "out of form" tag....there seems to be a suggestion that it's something outside of a players control or influence...I don't believe that. A player like Salah who has proven his ability on multiple occasions can and will have an off game, usually due to something concrete...a niggle..lack of focus; but you can't lose form for 4/5 months. The attitude issue I was was referring to was, and I'll say it as clear as possible; Was a player looking and playing (to me) like he didn't give a flying Fcuk.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #6562: Yesterday at 10:00:48 pm
      Seems to be a lot of people talking about wide players or forwards arriving

We currently have 5 in the first team

Mo
      Diaz
      Nunez
      Jota
      Gakpo

Then you add in the likes of Doak , Danns and other young lads

I canā€™t see any forward arriving unless one of those 5 leaves

I think many, myself included, feel we should move at least one on and freshen it up.

That's where the talk is.

Whether it happens is difficult to judge.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,236 posts | 3485 
      Reply #6563: Yesterday at 10:03:51 pm
      I think many, myself included, feel we should move at least one on and freshen it up.

I donā€™t think or see the need for too much upheaval and especially not the forward line which until the end of the season performed well

A lot imo are making a lot of judgements based on the last 4 weeks where the form dropped

There is a lot of talent there to work with
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,326 posts | 4959 
      Reply #6564: Yesterday at 10:05:50 pm
      I donā€™t think or see the need for too much upheaval and especially not the forward line which until the end of the season performed well

A lot imo are making a lot of judgements based on the last 4 weeks where the form dropped

There is a lot of talent there to work with

I'm not sure it's just based on last four months but maybe it is who knows.

For me it happily let Diaz go and get a forward who can play right side and CF.

Nunez and Gakpo for the left, and also can play through the middle.

Jota likewise. Were very limited on the right in my opinion.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,972 posts | 5031 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6565: Yesterday at 10:37:33 pm

Iā€™m not so much writing him off, however another season with us and the price will drop quite rapidly, Iā€™d love him to stay and recapture the form he had when Mane & Bobby were on his left, but there is no guarantee heā€™ll even get close to it,
      Iā€™m sure Arne will have a conversation with him soon enough and that will be a deciding factor, if Mo still has the passion and will to lead the line for another campaign Iā€™m happy for him to remain, but what if the Saudiā€™s come back in for him and offer North of Ā£100m, then Iā€™d really have to consider letting him go,

Mo is unique, there isnā€™t another goal scorer like him, heā€™s irreplaceable, however his wee hairy Egyptian legs wonā€™t last for ever no matter how ripped he is, I believe he is on the wane, itā€™s only natural, and Iā€™d think weā€™d be mad not to accept Ā£100m + for him, plus the dollar already set aside for Arne, we can bring in another younger 20/30 goal a season striker, strengthen the midfield further and add further quality needed for us to build a title challenge within a couple of seasons,

Donā€™t ask who I think would that striker would be, thats for another debate, itā€™s a head scratcher this is, if he stays itā€™s debatable whether he regains his magic, a solution could be we hang on until Crimbo, if heā€™s bang on form we hold fire, if heā€™s not as prolific we cash in !!

YNWA

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,878 posts | 6814 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #6566: Today at 05:54:40 am
      I agree with Racer, play him up top. Nunez, Cody or a new striker can be Batman, Mo can be Robin.

We will rip them apart next season.

A lot of people keep forgetting with Mo, is that he falls in the category of  Form is temporary, Class is permanent. F**k yeah, he has been sh*t ever since coming back from injury. But he's still creating chances our forwards don't finish, he still looks menacing every time the ball goes out to him. Teams still sh*t themselves at the sight of him on the Team sheet, so let's give him the courtesy of seeing how he goes with the new gaffer in, before we go wishing him to move on elsewhere.

I'd hate to see him in any other shirt then ours.

Come on Mo prove the doubters wrong and rip them a new one next Season.
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 18 
      Reply #6567: Today at 10:27:55 am

Yeah 3 of those can't hit a cows arse with a banjo mate.

Needs a freshen up for sure

Quick Reply