Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)

Read 570161 times
      Rhys Jones and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Re: Mohamed Salah Player Thread (F)
      Reply #6486: Apr 30, 2024 02:16:03 pm
      His own personal anger at being crap past couple of months, and being injured for a long time boiled over and got the better of him Saturday that's it nothing more complicated.

For me think he was annoyed at Klopp for leaving it as long as he did to bring him on. And with WH equalising. And maybe he has a point. Tho in Jurgens defense Mo has been pretty ineffectual of late. Frustrating end to season for him. For everyone really.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6487: Apr 30, 2024 02:16:55 pm
      But if you don’t give up goals you don’t lose. Granted if you don’t score you don’t win but if you keep clean sheets, it’s much easier to win.

100%
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6488: Apr 30, 2024 02:18:02 pm
      For me think he was annoyed at Klopp for leaving it as long as he did to bring him on. And with WH equalising. And maybe he has a point. Tho in Jurgens defense Mo has been pretty ineffectual of late. Frustrating end to season for him. For everyone really.

Probably the thing that tipped him over the edge.

But as you say he's been rotten last wee while so klopp has every right to bench him.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,589 posts | 741 
      Reply #6489: Apr 30, 2024 02:24:34 pm
      Have we taken a moment to think Salah doesn't want to leave and the core players of the team are aware of this. It could be as simple as if the club forces Salah out, players like VVD, Ali, Trent may look the other way.

Yes he has been out of form but he is a true professional when it comes to how to live as a pure athlete and that might be a strong influence behind the scenes, coupled with how important he has been with his output since being here, other senior players may not take too kindly to the club forcing him out if he doesn't have any intentions of leaving.

So much we don't know, so we will have to just wait and see.

Now we're bordering on the ridiculous. This is Real Housewives of Merseyside stuff.

Occam's razor , he is a competitive person and wants to win the league as long as its mathematically possible. He wanted to start against west ham because he believes he could help the team win. He was mad he was left out. You could see his frustration when West Ham scored while he was on the touchline.

Thats the story IMO.

The furthest i would go beyond this, is that he's mad at Klopp because he thinks Klopp has already given up because he's leaving. But Klopp has said  it's been sorted post match.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,924 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6490: Apr 30, 2024 02:33:20 pm
      Now we're bordering on the ridiculous. This is Real Housewives of Merseyside stuff.

Occam's razor , he is a competitive person and wants to win the league as long as its mathematically possible. He wanted to start against west ham because he believes he could help the team win. He was mad he was left out. You could see his frustration when West Ham scored while he was on the touchline.

Thats the story IMO.

The furthest i would go beyond this, is that he's mad at Klopp because he thinks Klopp has already given up because he's leaving. But Klopp has said  it's been sorted post match.

Oh sorry I wasn't suggesting that was why the spat happened, I was talking more to those who think Salah isn't an Edwards play because of his age or that if he isn't going to be putting up the same stats he isn't worth it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,251 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #6491: Apr 30, 2024 07:10:06 pm
      Taking his words out of context…

If Mo spoke to media they would twist the knife further by manipulating his words or create some bullshit up..

No chance Mo was fuming and HE would have twisted the knife had he spoke to the press not the press themselves
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #6492: Apr 30, 2024 07:50:49 pm
      All players who are on the subs bench are annoyed...it would be a bit odd if they weren't ....That doesn't give him, or anyone else the excuse to have a hissy fit and get into the gaffer's face...He was bang out of order and should have made an official apology.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #6493: Apr 30, 2024 07:56:40 pm
      No chance Mo was fuming and HE would have twisted the knife had he spoke to the press not the press themselves

Your a 💯 certain Mo would have twisted the knife..? Interesting.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 837 posts | 300 
      Reply #6494: Apr 30, 2024 08:05:24 pm
      All players who are on the subs bench are annoyed...it would be a bit odd if they weren't ....That doesn't give him, or anyone else the excuse to have a hissy fit and get into the gaffer's face...He was bang out of order and should have made an official apology.

I generally agree with you but football players are not emotionless machines, they are human beings with anger, frustration and other normal emotions. I think Klopp has encouraged passion and fight within the players since he arrived with his full on heavy metal football. What Mo did was wrong, he set a bad example for the other players and he deserves some criticism but there is no point forcing him to make a public apology.
      I think we can assume it was dealt with in the dressing room and we should focus on the future.
      Longy-Shops
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,335 posts | 779 
      Reply #6495: Apr 30, 2024 08:46:25 pm
      I generally agree with you but football players are not emotionless machines, they are human beings with anger, frustration and other normal emotions. I think Klopp has encouraged passion and fight within the players since he arrived with his full on heavy metal football. What Mo did was wrong, he set a bad example for the other players and he deserves some criticism but there is no point forcing him to make a public apology.
      I think we can assume it was dealt with in the dressing room and we should focus on the future.
      A forced apology isn't an apology at all...Mo should have chosen to make a public statement saying he was wrong, heat of the moment etc.etc.....I don't think as many people on here would have been so forgiving if it had been a different player.   Anyway it's history...life goes on.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 3444 
      Reply #6496: Apr 30, 2024 09:24:01 pm
      Why is there some sudden demand for public apologies

As our manager has said - the incident has bern dealt with , end off

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6497: Apr 30, 2024 09:27:53 pm
      Why is there some sudden demand for public apologies

As our manager has said - the incident has bern dealt with , end off

Its the modern way. isnt it

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,269 posts | 4935 
      Reply #6498: Apr 30, 2024 09:39:46 pm
      Seen the incident on MOTD.

Yea not a great look, he lost his head had a go at the manager.

Shouldn't have happened but as we know these things do happen. Matter seems to be dealt with and we move on.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #6499: Yesterday at 07:53:44 am
      I think now that it’s been a few days

A better way to now look at things is can mo get back to the intensity of last year or year before ?

We can’t have this version of Mo who does not press with intensity etc

Watching mo was like watching Ronaldo and messi when they were 33 ish. Saving their energy for attacks only etc (even tho they still scored but my point is the work rate)

Big decisions indeed need to be made and j hope the correct one is made
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 12 
      Reply #6500: Yesterday at 08:59:47 am

I'm surprised someone hasn't decided to take both Salah and Klopp to court for arguing on the touchline because watching it has effected their mental health.

world is fk'd mate
      redno7
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 12 
      Reply #6501: Yesterday at 09:01:33 am
      I hope he finds form again and stays. He might get another couple of seasons here at high level before heading to the retirement league. It's still in there and his reactions suggest the fire is still in his belly.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,558 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6502: Yesterday at 09:14:35 am
      Storm in a teacup etc.

Salah will give us another season like the rest of the senior guys who's contract ain't up.

Then who knows.  Life changes, we move on, the world doesn't stop. L o l
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #6503: Yesterday at 09:28:14 am
      I'm surprised someone hasn't decided to take both Salah and Klopp to court for arguing on the touchline because watching it has effected their mental health.

world is fk'd mate

That it is my friend
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 451 
      Reply #6504: Today at 12:13:20 am
      Storm in a teacup etc.

Salah will give us another season like the rest of the senior guys who's contract ain't up.

Then who knows.  Life changes, we move on, the world doesn't stop. L o l

I think you are spot on.  With Edwards,  I don't think he will gamble giving him a big lucrative contract, similar to his position on Henderson.   If we get a huge offer in the summer then the club would be willing to listen, but it will also depend on Salah.  He has been amazing and deserves his pay packet just as much as anyone in this squad that have won every trophy, he has been as been involved in all our success and ever present.  But like most don't like anyone disrespecting Jürgen, especially especially right now in his final moments.   
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,125 posts | 451 
      Reply #6505: Today at 12:16:55 am
      But we know one thing about Salah he is desperate to be on the pitch for every minute of every game.   He works extremely hard on his fitness and is very very very competitive.   I think we should just let this go.   A lot of posters and media are just dragging this thing.  It's all done and dusted. 

Quick Reply