Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 201400 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #138: Dec 03, 2017 02:01:52 am
      Well played lad v Brighton.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #139: Dec 26, 2017 09:14:45 pm
      Going to be a very special player this kid.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Threa
      Reply #140: Dec 26, 2017 09:25:25 pm
      Give him squad number 23 once Emre is gone. The number for Scousers.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #141: Dec 26, 2017 10:48:10 pm
      Cracking goal and his passes into the box are amazing.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #142: Dec 26, 2017 11:48:10 pm
      I got tanked toward the end of the Man U-Burnley game, so.... Hardywood Kentucky Christmas Morning 2017 will do it to ya. However, when TAA scored I went through the roof. Loved that finish and what better day to do it than Boxing Day. Had a bunch of American clueless over, May have planted a seed in one Cats mind. I lost it on his and Ox goal, and they loved the passion
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #143: Dec 27, 2017 09:35:26 am
      Very promising young player, especially going forward. He scored a very good goal, against the Swans yesterday.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #144: Jan 01, 2018 05:24:39 pm
      Not his best game today very sloppy on the ball and caught out defensively a bit too often.

Starting to think his skill set it more suited to the midfield position.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #145: Jan 01, 2018 05:31:24 pm
      Not his best game today very sloppy on the ball and caught out defensively a bit too often.

Starting to think his skill set it more suited to the midfield position.

Struggled defensively. Was limited in attack because the way we played but a couple of dangerous crosses and a lethal shot that was well kept out.

Sometimes think games like this are better for his development than the likes of the Mancs because you don't know what you are going to get against a team like Burnley, they can make it very difficult.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #146: Jan 28, 2018 11:09:06 am
      What a terrible performance from TAA last night. He's only young so fluctuations in performance are normal and to be expected. I just hope he doesn't go the same way as other supposedly promising fullbacks we had in the past few years, Martin Kelly, Jon Flanagan, Andre Wisdom...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #147: Jan 28, 2018 11:43:42 am
      He’s just not a full-back for me Diego, not ultimately.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #148: Jan 28, 2018 11:49:46 am
      What a terrible performance from TAA last night. He's only young so fluctuations in performance are normal and to be expected. I just hope he doesn't go the same way as other supposedly promising fullbacks we had in the past few years, Martin Kelly, Jon Flanagan, Andre Wisdom...

Should sign a RB and try him in the 6 during pre-season.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 516 
      Reply #149: Jan 28, 2018 01:52:10 pm
      Only saw the highlights so can't say much about his performance ( other than the mistake for their first goal), but sounds like it wasn't good.

I wouldn't be digging him out on the basis of one bad game though. He is inexperienced and you have to expect it ( it's not like Moreno over on the other flank where we have had 3 or 4 years of watching him f**k up.)

I disagree that he is not a natural RB. I think he could be a good one, it's just too early to be sure. At any rate I think he is a more natural RB than Gomez ( who has also made plenty of mistakes this season, again cos he is still pretty inexperienced.)

If TAA does not look ready yet to be our first choice RB ( with Clyne out), then to me the best solution would be to play Milner there. it's not ideal, cos he's not the quickest, but he is solid and reads the game well. I will have no problems if Jürgen continues to give TAA games though.

(Obviously we need to get Clyne sorted out one way or another though. Unusual for a back injury to keep somebody out this long.)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #150: Jan 28, 2018 06:26:04 pm
      Only saw the highlights so can't say much about his performance ( other than the mistake for their first goal), but sounds like it wasn't good.

I wouldn't be digging him out on the basis of one bad game though. He is inexperienced and you have to expect it ( it's not like Moreno over on the other flank where we have had 3 or 4 years of watching him f**k up.)

I disagree that he is not a natural RB. I think he could be a good one, it's just too early to be sure. At any rate I think he is a more natural RB than Gomez ( who has also made plenty of mistakes this season, again cos he is still pretty inexperienced.)

If TAA does not look ready yet to be our first choice RB ( with Clyne out), then to me the best solution would be to play Milner there. it's not ideal, cos he's not the quickest, but he is solid and reads the game well. I will have no problems if Jürgen continues to give TAA games though.

(Obviously we need to get Clyne sorted out one way or another though. Unusual for a back injury to keep somebody out this long.)

Was the worst player on the pitch (maybe bar Can)

I'm sure he can dust himself off and get back in form though. These things happen at his age.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #151: Jan 28, 2018 06:29:47 pm

Anyone questioning Klopp for selecting Gomez got the reason why last night.
      Struggled defensively, and going forward not great either, crosses poor and didn't look confident.

I'd have started him last night though cause was expecting WB to sit back, but they really had a go and TAA looked a bit shell shocked.

Clyne was getting stick for being poor going forward before he got injured, but reckon most people would be glad to see him coming back in...
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #152: Jan 28, 2018 06:35:10 pm
      Difficult night for the lad but it's all part of the development and how you deal with setbacks.

He showed the effort, and in time that consistency will come no doubt.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #153: Jan 28, 2018 06:46:09 pm
      Difficult night for the lad but it's all part of the development and how you deal with setbacks.

He showed the effort, and in time that consistency will come no doubt.

Deffo. Potential is there. Can go missing in games though imho which he needs to work on.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,138 posts | 1084 
      Reply #154: Jan 29, 2018 02:52:47 pm
      Milner needs a look at RB. Honestly it would seem to make more sense than LB (right foot dominant). He did well at fullback last year and it would be nice to have a guy who players respond to wearing the arm band. If for nothing else than having him on the field to take penalties. TAA and Joe are young and I like them both, but I would like to see Mily given a chance.

bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #155: Jan 29, 2018 02:59:32 pm
      Milner needs a look at RB. Honestly it would seem to make more sense than LB (right foot dominant). He did well at fullback last year and it would be nice to have a guy who players respond to wearing the arm band. If for nothing else than having him on the field to take penalties. TAA and Joe are young and I like them both, but I would like to see Mily given a chance.

You've sold me :) I'd be willing to give it a go.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #156: Jan 30, 2018 06:01:13 am

Good shout. Couldn't hurt I don't think.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #157: Jan 30, 2018 10:59:08 am

Nope, I know he's made one or two silly mistakes, but Gomez hasn't done a bad job there, same goes for Trent, playing Milner there would slow us down significantly. And as others have pointed out, they can only learn from their mistakes.

And won't be long before he's binned off as well as he was sh*te when he came off the bench and looked fu**ed after about ten minutes on Saturday. Legs are starting to go on poor old James.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #158: Feb 06, 2018 09:30:57 am
      No one talking about the way he bounced back from his nightmare the other week.

Was superb.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #159: Feb 06, 2018 09:49:44 am
      No one talking about the way he bounced back from his nightmare the other week.

Was superb.

Funnily enough I didn’t think so.

Some nice delivery yes but I thought he was very vulnerable defensively at times.

Top talent but other than that delivery I don’t like him at fullback.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #160: Feb 06, 2018 11:11:47 am
      Funnily enough I didn’t think so.

Some nice delivery yes but I thought he was very vulnerable defensively at times.

Top talent but other than that delivery I don’t like him at fullback.

Have been thinking the same and stated a few weeks back that his skill set is more suited for midfield imo.

Quick Reply