Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 202310 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,133 posts | 2772 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread
      Reply #690: Jan 04, 2021 10:08:23 pm
      Hes not alone
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,867 posts | 165 
      Reply #691: Jan 04, 2021 10:14:58 pm
      Worst bit of defending I've witnessed for a long time, looks to be in a trance, daydreaming through the game.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #692: Jan 04, 2021 10:24:32 pm
      His mind looks just not on it.

Hopefully he finds his form against United because he seems to have been coasting the last few games and has been left floundering! Maybe the big game challenge will bring out the best of him!

Honestly though, at this point, I’d rather start Milner RB against them Manc cu*ts!
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,902 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #693: Jan 04, 2021 10:26:54 pm
      His defending hasn't been up to scratch but even more worryingly he seems off the pace moving the ball forward.

Yes, he can play a diagonal pass which I am sure the official LFC IG account will clip and post 100 times, but in terms of getting us moving, playing in Salah early or finding the front three, he is just not doing it anymore, seems more comfortable to simply play it back to whoever the CB is.

Maybe he does need a couple of games on the bench.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #694: Jan 04, 2021 10:50:55 pm
      His defending hasn't been up to scratch but even more worryingly he seems off the pace moving the ball forward.

Yes, he can play a diagonal pass which I am sure the official LFC IG account will clip and post 100 times, but in terms of getting us moving, playing in Salah early or finding the front three, he is just not doing it anymore, seems more comfortable to simply play it back to whoever the CB is.

Maybe he does need a couple of games on the bench.

Yep his defending at times questionable he has always overcome that with marauding down the right and assists but doesn't look interested getting down there now and his distribution at times abysmal and hit and hope
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #695: Jan 04, 2021 11:01:30 pm
      Has been useless this season so far but we need him back ASAP as his replacements Milner and Neco offer nothing.

If he continues to play so poorly the midfield needs a rethink to provide more help to the front 3.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #696: Jan 05, 2021 01:36:43 am
      We miss his output big time. Hasn’t put in one half decent cross apart from the one for the fourth goal against wolves since he came back from injury. Doing very brain dead things on the pitch too like trying to lob it over players heads and run ahead? Since when did he ever try things like that?
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,149 posts | 1090 
      Reply #697: Jan 05, 2021 01:47:36 am
      Look i truly like this kid, like a lot. But I just don't see that dog in him. He's kind of like a glam car. There's a lot to love about it and it looks sweet, but it doesn't handle well in the rain and you can't take it off road. Trent is an attacker, but he doesn't seem to understand the defensive side of the game, and that's concerning because he's been a FB for a while now. In all honesty, on that side of the ball he's not that much worse this season than he was the last few, its just that his offense has dried up a lot and so that makes his other mistakes stand out more.

He doesn't have a defenders mindset, and teams are seeing and targeting that now. Robbo looks to relish the grind, he has a meancstreak to him and he also doesn't seem to mind going unnoticed. Trent seems to be a quiet kid and I dont think he craves attention or anything like that, but he seems to have fallen into this idea of what he's supposed to be and forgot that he's also just a cog in the wheel. Thats why I say move him forward and let someone who knows thats their role do that job and let TAA focus on a job that better fits his personality.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,133 posts | 2772 
      Reply #698: Jan 17, 2021 06:56:53 pm
      Needs a kick in the arse. Either dropped for a spell or torn to shreds verbally by the boss to shske him out of his slumber
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #699: Jan 17, 2021 08:33:41 pm
      Needs a kick in the arse. Either dropped for a spell or torn to shreds verbally by the boss to shske him out of his slumber

He's not slumbering, or resting on laurels, he's just out of form. People forget how young he is, it happens, and he'll come back. Verbally tearing him to shreds is not going to bring out the best in him.

Anyway, today he looked a bit better.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,034 posts | 2090 
      Reply #700: Jan 17, 2021 08:44:36 pm
      Probably the first time in 3 years that he's been out of form. Players are allowed to go through these periods - they are human after all. He has not done all he has done these past few years for us to fling sh*t at him when all of a sudden he can't quite get in gear.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #701: Jan 17, 2021 08:46:57 pm
      Probably the first time in 3 years that he's been out of form. Players are allowed to go through these periods - they are human after all. He has not done all he has done these past few years for us to fling sh*t at him when all of a sudden he can't quite get in gear.

Oh did you miss the 3 previous games? wasn't it 55 misplaced passes against Southampton
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #702: Jan 17, 2021 09:28:38 pm
      Oh did you miss the 3 previous games? wasn't it 55 misplaced passes against Southampton

No, actually it was 38, nothing like 55  :mad:

He's a young lad ffs, still learning the game, give him a break for gods sake, he's been absolutely outstanding along with Robbo on the other wing, we wouldn't have won the champions league or the Premiership last season without these two, so a little bit of understanding in the current climate wouldn't go amiss at the moment.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #703: Jan 17, 2021 10:16:10 pm
      He'll come good again
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #704: Jan 18, 2021 12:59:19 am
      He had a much better defensive game this time out minus the silly corner he gave away. He had no help from Shaqiri which Hendo does well when he plays in his usual position.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,146 posts | 8540 
      Reply #705: Jan 18, 2021 05:22:56 pm
      He's not slumbering, or resting on laurels, he's just out of form. People forget how young he is, it happens, and he'll come back. Verbally tearing him to shreds is not going to bring out the best in him.

Anyway, today he looked a bit better.

Did he F**k, he was sh*te and he knows it.

Followed on from his F**k up at Southampton, he still needs to learn to defend properly

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,721 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #706: Jan 19, 2021 11:03:32 pm
      Can anyone please explain to me what he was thinking with that short pass on the very last corner?

We all know the Ref is gonna blow his whistle at any second, get that f**king cross in to the box....we could have got a header, an own goal or even a penalty to win it but we will never know coz Trent had a brain fade and passed it short to Ox! Pissed me off that did!!!

He F***ing did it again!!! 30 seconds left, already got ripped off by Tierney when he blew the whistle early first half and what does Trent do with the last free kick of the game? Passes it F***ing inboard for Thiago to put the ball up into the box?? What the F**k Trent!!!!!  Walks around like he's the be all and end all!!! Pull your finger out, was actually screaming for Neco to come on in the last 10 minutes!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #707: Jan 19, 2021 11:10:42 pm
      He f**king did it again!!! 30 seconds left, already got ripped off by Tierney when he blew the whistle early first half and what does Trent do with the last free kick of the game? Passes it f**king inboard for Thiago to put the ball up into the box?? What the f**k Trent!!!!!  Walks around like he's the be all and end all!!! Pull your finger out, was actually screaming for Neco to come on in the last 10 minutes!

That pissed me right off, mate.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #708: Jan 20, 2021 09:05:30 am
      He f**king did it again!!! 30 seconds left, already got ripped off by Tierney when he blew the whistle early first half and what does Trent do with the last free kick of the game? Passes it f**king inboard for Thiago to put the ball up into the box?? What the f**k Trent!!!!!  Walks around like he's the be all and end all!!! Pull your finger out, was actually screaming for Neco to come on in the last 10 minutes!

Our set pieces in general are an utter shambles, you look at other teams and see clever switches/variations etc but we just lump a ball in time after time with predictable results. I'm curious why Klopp doesn't get someone in to help with that, considering he has no imagination/inclination himself.

I really am starting to get the sense that Klopp might be running out of steam with us, it might explain why he was so embarrassed to be awarded manager of the year. Perhaps it be time to welcome Stevie G back?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #709: Jan 20, 2021 12:09:18 pm
      Our set pieces in general are an utter shambles, you look at other teams and see clever switches/variations etc but we just lump a ball in time after time with predictable results. I'm curious why Klopp doesn't get someone in to help with that, considering he has no imagination/inclination himself.

I really am starting to get the sense that Klopp might be running out of steam with us, it might explain why he was so embarrassed to be awarded manager of the year. Perhaps it be time to welcome Stevie G back?

Go and jump you F***ing bad egg.

Are you going to go into hiding again when we get back to winning trophies like you did after the CL and league?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #710: Jan 20, 2021 12:54:30 pm
      Go and jump you f**king bad egg.

Are you going to go into hiding again when we get back to winning trophies like you did after the CL and league?

Erm there was no hiding from me, in fact quite often when everyone else is doom and gloom I'm quite optimistic but don't let facts get in the way of your wumming.

In any case please tell us about how amazing we are at set pieces.
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #711: Jan 20, 2021 01:35:54 pm

Jesus wept.

WTF are you on?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,133 posts | 2772 
      Reply #712: Jan 20, 2021 02:04:18 pm
      Amazes me sometimes. People will have a go at players who rarely play but when a top player plays sh*te for a spell thry get away with it.

Hes class. And yes hes young. But hes been sh*te for weeks. Never woirld class defensively but hes a shambles in that regard at the minute. His big plus was always going forward but what have we got from him lately in that area?

Quick Reply