Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)

Read 207463 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold Player Thread (D)
      Reply #1564: Jul 20, 2023 10:33:37 pm
      I like Trent coming into midfield from the right because he is at his very best and most dangerous when he gets the ball facing forward, especially if given space to spread the ball around with his world class passing range.

I'm not sure if I would like him to be a full time number 6 though, a big part of this role involves playing facing your own goal and often under pressure, you need to be cautious but also good on the turn when the opportunity arises, and I'm not sure if this plays to his strengths.

Curious to see how this develops next season, and trust Klopp to make the right call.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1565: Jul 21, 2023 06:37:12 am
      Trent at 6 is a temporary measure, however what it does show is his versatility, he’s morphing into a player who can operate in 3/4 different positions very comfortably, that clip along with his inverted role last season he played with ease, ok the opposition won’t afford him the same time he had but he’s no slouch and with time plus fitness and game management he’ll adjust/adapt, relatively quickly, add the armband and suddenly we have a Steven Gerrard esq midfield dynamo,

Stefan Bajcetic will be our new DM, with vary able back up from Tyler Morton, Conor Bradley could emerge in Trent’s former RWB role, if we indeed play with a back 4, Szlobaslai further forward, left side will be dominated with Robbo and Diaz, and the option’s of Gary, Gakpo, Curtis, Harvey, Thiago(he’s still with us),as the link up men,  and of course Mo Jota & Nunez providing the goodies up top,

We add Lavia (still possible) and we have a very very strong dynamic enterprise ready and able to conquer the bloody world,  Again!!

This is the emergence of Klopp part deux, so all the oily Fuckers out there , the Chavinistas, the Arse bottlers, the Spudettas, them seagull’s, the Villa-notras, be afraid, be very afraid cos the Red Machine is back, and back with a system with alternative playing styles to suit what ever you can throw at us,

Note; I haven’t on this occasion mentioned those Scummy F**k pigs Keith jizzes over each and every day, FFP. Has put paid to their miniscule hopes of any kind of success this season, it gives me the greatest pleasure imaginable knowing that the AF effect continues to haunt them and how their slide down into mid table mediocrity is inevitable, sometimes yanno’s, that feels better than Sex, you experience this emotion, you will notice, as you get to be a old Cnut like me, and without the effort 😁

Edit;  AF; After Fergie !!

YNWA

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,126 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1566: Jul 21, 2023 08:45:24 am
      Trent at 6 is a temporary measure, however what it does show is his versatility, he’s morphing into a player who can operate in 3/4 different positions very comfortably, that clip along with his inverted role last season he played with ease, ok the opposition won’t afford him the same time he had but he’s no slouch and with time plus fitness and game management he’ll adjust/adapt, relatively quickly, add the armband and suddenly we have a Steven Gerrard esq midfield dynamo,

This is the emergence of Klopp part deux, so all the oily Fuckers out there , the Chavinistas, the Arse bottlers, the Spudettas, them seagull’s, the Villa-notras, be afraid, be very afraid cos the Red Machine is back, and back with a system with alternative playing styles to suit what ever you can throw at us,

Note; I haven’t on this occasion mentioned those Scummy F**k pigs Keith jizzes over each and every day, FFP. Has put paid to their miniscule hopes of any kind of success this season, it gives me the greatest pleasure imaginable knowing that the AF effect continues to haunt them and how their slide down into mid table mediocrity is inevitable, sometimes yanno’s, that feels better than Sex, you experience this emotion, you will notice, as you get to be a old Cnut like me, and without the effort 😁

Edit;  AF; After Fergie !!

YNWA

Temporary measure? You’ve already eaten plenty of humble pie you fat oily scouser how much more can you take? 😂  Klopp rang me and we’ve decided that predominately he will play in midfield now ( thanks to me ) but there will be times he will drop back to RB pending on who you play for tactical reasons.

AF? Show respect you fcukwit it’s SAF to you lot!    :f_whistle: Judging by our summer signings  so far looking like top 6 but with my rose tints maybe top 4.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1567: Jul 21, 2023 10:34:37 am
      why are people so wound up about Trent Jürgen will play him were he will most contribute to the team as he has done since the first game against UTD Trent is always going to be a positive force on the pitch .
      Regarding Ferguson it is not AF it is Whisky nose not fit to clean the boots of Sir Bob Paisley.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,126 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1568: Jul 21, 2023 10:36:44 am
      why are people so wound up about Trent Jürgen will play him were he will most contribute to the team as he has done since the first game against UTD Trent is always going to be a positive force on the pitch .
      Regarding Ferguson it is not AF it is Whisky nose not fit to clean the boots of Sir Bob Paisley.

You need to put your dummy back in Walt, you’re going back to your old ways. Thought you could handle banter.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,293 posts | 4939 
      Reply #1569: Jul 22, 2023 12:23:13 pm
      For me if he starts in midfield he's more if an 8 than a 6.

Despite me having no real time for Southgate the way he played him at the end of the season there Trent looked on fire, albeit against lesser opposition.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #1570: Jul 31, 2023 06:10:36 pm
      New vice captain, well done.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,665 posts | 1599 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1571: Jul 31, 2023 10:29:27 pm
      Thought there would be a few more congrats for him in his thread, local lad done good, just like Stevie, future Captain for sure.

Vice-Captain is not to be sniffed at and I think he deserves the title, I'm sure just like his Captain he will relish the role he's been given by Jürgen, well done Trent lad.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1572: Jul 31, 2023 10:44:51 pm
      Thought there would be a few more congrats for him in his thread, local lad done good, just like Stevie, future Captain for sure.

Vice-Captain is not to be sniffed at and I think he deserves the title, I'm sure just like his Captain he will relish the role he's been given by Jürgen, well done Trent lad.

No slur on Virgil Cas, but yep, I’d have preferred Trent, but I guess between the two of them Virgil has that aura about him and he will be a fantastic leader & Captain, Trent’s time will come, probably when the big fella decides to hand them up or go camel racing !!

Congrats Virgil, so us proud !!

YNWA
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,184 posts | 527 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #1573: Jul 31, 2023 11:07:33 pm
      Congrats Trent, well deserved la!

Super proud of this kid. He's given and won so much at such a young age and I just know he's got a whole lot more to offer. Just keep at it Trent! YNWA
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1574: Jul 31, 2023 11:14:36 pm
      Delighted for him, well deserved and also an astute choice by Klopp. I wonder who is next in queue? Has to be Robbo or Mo.
      gazred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 841 posts | 302 
      Reply #1575: Aug 01, 2023 09:46:51 am
      Congratulations to Trent. I think it's probably good that Virgil is the captain as there has been a lot of change this summer.
      Trent will get time to grow and can be captain for many years.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #1576: Aug 01, 2023 09:52:48 am
      Congrats kid. Make us proud.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,665 posts | 1599 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #1577: Aug 01, 2023 09:32:47 pm

No slur on Virgil Cas, but yep, I’d have preferred Trent, but I guess between the two of them Virgil has that aura about him and he will be a fantastic leader & Captain, Trent’s time will come, probably when the big fella decides to hand them up or go camel racing !!

Congrats Virgil, so us proud !!

YNWA

Trent's time will come, you're correct Billy and he'll learn from one of the best, he needs that time as Vice Captain to learn the ropes.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,606 posts | 751 
      Reply #1578: Aug 02, 2023 06:14:24 pm
      Trent has no interest in being a right back and no human is quick enough to recover when he's roaming into midfield (apart from maybe Kyle Walker). It's time to put him as right back to bed. We may get away with it for some games. But IMO we need to be in the market for a CDM and a RB asap
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #1579: Aug 02, 2023 06:37:09 pm
      Trent has no interest in being a right back and no human is quick enough to recover when he's roaming into midfield (apart from maybe Kyle Walker). It's time to put him as right back to bed. We may get away with it for some games. But IMO we need to be in the market for a CDM and a RB asap

Yeah no one seems to want to admit this. Idk why. They seem fascinated with Trent playing this hybrid role. It is a recipe for a disaster.

We will rely on only him being able to play the role and only Konate being able to cover him. Injury to one of them changes the whole set up.

I'll bet my house it won't be addressed in the market
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6774 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1580: Aug 02, 2023 11:55:04 pm
      Please for the Love of God, can we get a proper F***ing RB?

Trent just isn't one. Full time MF for me, F**k off the Hybrid role.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,309 posts | 768 
      Reply #1581: Aug 03, 2023 10:55:38 am
      Yeah Trent more suited to MF role, as long as he keeps creating chances for our forwards to score. It seems to be the best position for him.
      Bleedingred
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 486 posts | 79 
      Reply #1582: Aug 03, 2023 01:16:24 pm

Will completely refuse to sign a rb trust me
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,140 posts | 3466 
      Reply #1583: Aug 03, 2023 01:22:33 pm
      Will completely refuse to sign a rb trust me

Because they clearly want to promote up Bradley

Surely that’s a good thing bringing young players through
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,126 posts | 2742 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #1584: Aug 03, 2023 04:45:34 pm

He’s a RB all day long, just ask Billy Buster.    :f_whistle:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1585: Aug 03, 2023 04:52:15 pm
      He’s a RB all day long, just ask Billy Buster.    :f_whistle:

he would be if he wasnt also a winger and a midfielder all in one, FSG will be putting out a 5 aside team with "Hybrid players" that can play in different positions. If we leave spaces again like last season we will get ripped apart.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,202 posts | 1101 
      Reply #1586: Aug 13, 2023 09:25:56 pm
      I saw a different game than most, apparently. I saw him getting run by and not tracking back far to often. Not sure what he's supposed to do and I'm not sure he is either. World class in possession when he has protection, but when the other team has most of the possession, hes a liability.

Robbo is a shell of himself in the new system. Do we really want to run this thing if we don't have new LCB and DCM? Is our traditional 4-3-3 a better choice with this new mid field (assuming we get a new DCM)? If we persist on this new system than I think we need 2 new starters, the other being another CB.

Quick Reply