Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)

Read 24209 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Re: Pre Match: Arsenal V Liverpool (24th Aug 2015 - 8pm)
      Reply #161: Aug 22, 2015 09:39:04 pm
      Quote from LFCexiled link=topric=48023.msg1817681#msg1817681 date=1440260262
      Megawank.

Certainly makes Mondays at work seem that bit easier
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #162: Aug 22, 2015 09:45:20 pm
      Got a feeling we'll play a very good match and get a win after a long time at Emirates.

C'mon You mighty reds!

YNWA
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #163: Aug 22, 2015 10:06:44 pm
      Watching football on a Monday night is like watching The Human Centipede with your sweet, innocent dear old granny. Totally inappropriate.

That said, we DO have a mission to complete! What Brendan said about dictating space and all that is all very fine and totally relevant but we must also just get stuck into them. Collect a few yellow cards here and there, prepare to dance with danger in the form of a red. Show no sign of concession.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #164: Aug 22, 2015 10:12:09 pm
      Genuinely intrigued by our next game. Gut feeling is that we've been very lucky to get 6 points so far. Could easily have been 2 points or even 1!

This game is going to shape a lot of opinions.

If we lose then some will say 6 points from 3 is a decent start. Some will say we will have made a very unconvincing start. Both will be right.

But a win will certainly make many of us reassess our thoughts on the season ahead.

Big game.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #165: Aug 22, 2015 10:17:07 pm
      Genuinely intrigued by our next game. Gut feeling is that we've been very lucky to get 6 points so far. Could easily have been 2 points or even 1!

This game is going to shape a lot of opinions.

If we lose then some will say 6 points from 3 is a decent start. Some will say we will have made a very unconvincing start. Both will be right.

But a win will certainly make many of us reassess our thoughts on the season ahead.

Big game.

Couldn't agree more with this.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #166: Aug 22, 2015 10:41:04 pm
      I think we will do well. Arsenal do not start well and as long as we do not sit back and watch them play we can take the game to them and win. We will see how good Benteke is at being a lone striker.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #167: Aug 22, 2015 11:19:32 pm
      You know what,i am eagerly expecting this game.Last two games showed us really litlle,if non,we scored two goals(one was passive offside) and we kept two clean sheets against Stoke and Bornemouth.Ok we won six points and that is the most important,the away game was a tough one,but a home game against the Bornemouth was really poor game,we did not had a decent scoring chance there,and even we were under pressure defending in our box for a couple of times...and than taking out Coutinho and bringing in Moreno,what was that,defending,keeping the score,against the Bournemouth???Come on Brendan...
      The game agaisnt the Arsenal will show us were the two wins out from two games just a coincidence and luck.I would be thrilled geting away with three points,would love to see Firmino,Can and Sakho from the start.
      A win here would be awesome,but if that does not happen i just hope that the lads will leave their hearts out on the pitch!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #168: Aug 23, 2015 12:23:26 am
      Arsenal is certainly beatable. We must have crosses into their boxes from all directions and their slow defence will struggle with that. If we try to play it too neat with square and backpasses and waiting for openings that's where we will find it difficult to break Arsenal down. Crowd the midfield and if we can keep the score down 0-0 in the first 30 mins, Arsenal may launch more players forward and we can explore the space behind.

We were able to thump them 5-1 because Suarez is unpredictable, hence we must be unpredictable when on the offensive. Unleash Moreno and Ibe as an element of surprise I'd say.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #169: Aug 23, 2015 01:13:00 am
      This is funny coming from sad cafe  :-
      I blame the ref, gave 3 points to Liverpool last week, gave every decision against us this week, he couldn't wait to blow his whistle in first half and in the end, Rooney was not offside.

And i blame Krull, game rising cnut, his position was spot on, we have some good shoots but he made them look like poor one with his position.

This is the class of fans they have, no wonder they are labelled scums, blaming everything and anything except themselves. They not scoring becomes our fault, referees decision in our games becomes a fault in them not winning the game and not scoring. But they have conveniently forgotten they have lost an idiot called webb that has helped them won most probably 1/2 of those league. When some of their own fans acknowledged that shriek was offside, still there are idiots that say he was not. Stupidity of the tallest order. Lets hope Brugge bury them next week and stretch them to the limits.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #170: Aug 23, 2015 01:28:24 am
      This is funny coming from sad cafe  :-
      I blame the ref, gave 3 points to Liverpool last week, gave every decision against us this week, he couldn't wait to blow his whistle in first half and in the end, Rooney was not offside.

And i blame Krull, game rising cnut, his position was spot on, we have some good shoots but he made them look like poor one with his position.

This is the class of fans they have, no wonder they are labelled scums, blaming everything and anything except themselves. They not scoring becomes our fault, referees decision in our games becomes a fault in them not winning the game and not scoring. But they have conveniently forgotten they have lost an idiot called webb that has helped them won most probably 1/2 of those league. When some of their own fans acknowledged that shriek was offside, still there are idiots that say he was not. Stupidity of the tallest order. Lets hope Brugge bury them next week and stretch them to the limits.

They certainly do tend to come out with a load of sh*te and make excuses, must think that's their M.O after whiskey slurgison bullied the prem/media with his rich gangster backers with tentacles in the FA's pockets. That's the real truth if they want the truth the bunch of farmer sounding yokels.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #171: Aug 23, 2015 03:09:28 am
      Got a feeling we'll play a very good match and get a win after a long time at Emirates.

C'mon You mighty reds!

YNWA
      Ja jok.
      But who knows.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #172: Aug 23, 2015 03:45:02 am
      I F***ing hate Monday games. Gotta be up at 5am for it.

Nevertheless its not a hard one to drag yourself out of bed for. Its gonna be a big match for both sides. Both teams havent looked great but we can be no worse than level on points with them after the match which is a positive of course.

Interesting to see what happens with our midfield. We need to stack the numbers in there and let Phil do his thing when we have the ball.

Our fullbacks are going to be worked over full time so we have to cope with being stretched out. 

Benteke hopefully can get in to Koscielny early and isolate him so our little men can target Mertesacker.

Id take a draw, hoping for a win but excited to see how it goes.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #173: Aug 23, 2015 03:53:20 am
      I F***ing hate Monday games. Gotta be up at 5am for it.

Nevertheless its not a hard one to drag yourself out of bed for. Its gonna be a big match for both sides. Both teams havent looked great but we can be no worse than level on points with them after the match which is a positive of course.

Interesting to see what happens with our midfield. We need to stack the numbers in there and let Phil do his thing when we have the ball.

Our fullbacks are going to be worked over full time so we have to cope with being stretched out. 

Benteke hopefully can get in to Koscielny early and isolate him so our little men can target Mertesacker.

Id take a draw, hoping for a win but excited to see how it goes.
      Clyne will handle them ok,but how will young Joe Gomez cope with them?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #174: Aug 23, 2015 04:36:20 am
      Clyne will handle them ok,but how will young Joe Gomez cope with them?

1 on 1 i think he'll be ok but when they get Bellerin, Cazorla and Ramsey on the one side he'll need the numbers in midfield to help out. Can't leave him exposed, likewise with Clyne.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #175: Aug 23, 2015 04:45:17 am
      1 on 1 i think he'll be ok but when they get Bellerin, Cazorla and Ramsey on the one side he'll need the numbers in midfield to help out. Can't leave him exposed, likewise with Clyne.
      Maybe Can could help him there.Whats happening with Hendo,is he available for that game?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #176: Aug 23, 2015 04:51:42 am
      Maybe Can could help him there.Whats happening with Hendo,is he available for that game?

Looks more like a no than a yes.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #177: Aug 23, 2015 05:00:24 am
      Than Can it is,i would love to pair up Can and Hendo rather than Hendo and Milner.It looks like this will be the first time with Can and Milner starting together,hose 40 minutes that they played againts the Bournemouth didnt looked that impressive,we will see what will happen against the Arsenal if those two start together.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #178: Aug 23, 2015 05:02:31 am
      Than Can it is,i would love to pair up Can and Hendo rather than Hendo and Milner.It looks like this will be the first time with Can and Milner starting together,hose 40 minutes that they played againts the Bournemouth didnt looked that impressive,we will see what will happen against the Arsenal if those two start together.

Ideally, all three would be starting with Coutinho, Firmino and Benteke in front of them.

Just when it looked like it was getting closer to be a reality with Emre and Robbie coming back to full fitness Hendo gets a knock.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      Reply #179: Aug 23, 2015 05:13:55 am
      Ideally, all three would be starting with Coutinho, Firmino and Benteke in front of them.

Just when it looked like it was getting closer to be a reality with Emre and Robbie coming back to full fitness Hendo gets a knock.
      Why would tha be ideal,why do you think that playing with three central midfielders would be ideal?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #180: Aug 23, 2015 07:01:36 am
      Why would tha be ideal,why do you think that playing with three central midfielders would be ideal?

In my eyes it's all our best players on the pitch in their favoured positions that gives us a nice balance.

Can slightly deeper than Milner and Hendo but given some freedom. Coutinho in front of them and Firmino running around Benteke.

Hendo has been forced to play that deeper role and it's taken everything he brings to the side away.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #181: Aug 23, 2015 09:24:32 am
      Criticise the captain? For sure. Relentlessly goading him and belittling him? That's low.

I doubt the majority of this forum regards you with anything other than sheer contempt!

I will criticise Henderson, because i don't rate him as a footballer and he is not LIVERPOOL captain material.
      But , what on earth are you talking about? "relentlessly goading and belittling him"
      Wipe the tear from your eye and have a cup cake, you'll feel better in no time at all.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #182: Aug 23, 2015 09:44:54 am
      I have a feeling Firmino will get a start in this game with either Lallana, or more likely Ibe dropping to the bench. If he starts he needs to behind Benteke to get the best out of him.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #183: Aug 23, 2015 09:48:17 am
      So you won't get behind the team and have absolutely nothing positive to contribute to this forum.

Classic WUM.

It never fails to surprise me how aggressive,  most of the "positive" members, react to members with a negative side  to the debate.
      It must be a sign of a weaÄ· argument.
      My favourite though , has to be "Get behind the team !" Ha.
      How on earth do you get behind the team on a forum? Go the match and cheer on the team , yeh. but, how do you get behind the team on a forum?

Quick Reply