Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Game tying goal feels better than game winning goal

Read 2062 times
      TheForge
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 22 posts |
      Game tying goal feels better than game winning goal
      Feb 03, 2016 07:18:55 pm
      Anyone else feel like game tying goals in the waning moments actually feel better than game winning goals?  even though such goals are only worth 1 point, whereas game-winning goals are worth two.  It just feels so crappy watching a losing game about to get nothing and then all of a sudden, you're ecstatic to get a point.  Game-winning goals are obviously nice too but you don't get such the swing in emotion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Re: Game tying goal feels better than game winning goal
      Reply #1: Feb 03, 2016 09:14:34 pm
      Anyone else feel like game tying goals in the waning moments actually feel better than game winning goals?  even though such goals are only worth 1 point, whereas game-winning goals are worth two.  It just feels so crappy watching a losing game about to get nothing and then all of a sudden, you're ecstatic to get a point.  Game-winning goals are obviously nice too but you don't get such the swing in emotion.

Think I might need an interpreter for this, read it three times and still haven't a scooby what you're on about!!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2: Feb 03, 2016 09:17:52 pm
      Think I might need an interpreter for this, read it three times and still haven't a scooby what you're on about!!

I think TheForge is making the argument that a tying goal in stoppage time feels better than a game-winning goal.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #3: Feb 03, 2016 09:22:11 pm
      I think TheForge is making the argument that a tying goal in stoppage time feels better than a game-winning goal.

It's called an equaliser  ;)  you yanks and you're bastardising of our language  :lmao:

And he's talking sh*te too!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #4: Feb 03, 2016 09:51:34 pm
      It's called an equaliser  ;)  you yanks and you're bastardising of our language  :lmao:

And he's talking sh*te too!

"Equalizer" has a zee in it. As does "bastardizing" ;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Feb 04, 2016 01:29:11 pm
      A hundred times no. An equaliser makes me feel relief most of the time, a winning goal makes me feel joy. I prefer joy over relief. I prefer wins over draws.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #6: Feb 04, 2016 02:11:43 pm
      "Equalizer" has a zee in it. As does "bastardizing" ;)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  ;D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,039 posts | 3963 
      Reply #7: Feb 04, 2016 02:24:41 pm

An entirely negative proposition.
      A supporter by definition aspires to a winning endgame, a feeling of 'relief' at not getting defeated is most certainly not a preferred emotion when compared to the elation of a resounding win.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #8: Feb 04, 2016 11:56:48 pm
      I much prefer game winning goals. I struggle to get elated at equalising goals especially in games that we should be winning. I just feel sh*te that we have dropped two points. The West Brom game was a bit of an exception because I was delighted with what Klopp did after the match.

Lallana's goal was probably the most I've celebrated a goal this season. That was amazing. Had that been an equaliser, no way would I have felt the same.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9: Feb 05, 2016 12:13:16 am
      An equalizer a better feeling than a winner? I'm going to let the "Lock Topic" function answer that.

I'd rather a winning goal and the extra 2 points than the "emotion" of a last minute equalizer.

Quick Reply