Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Lazar Markovic (Fenerbahçe - loan)

Read 13237 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Lazar Markovic (Fenerbahçe - loan)
      Reply #23: Aug 28, 2015 08:32:27 am
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #24: Aug 28, 2015 08:45:39 am
      Too bad,he rarely played in his natural position and id no get a real chance to show what he could do.I hope i will see him back in the Reds shirt again.

Agreed, there is a general trend with those that are considered 'committee' signings that they aren't exactly given the chances that Brendan's obvious choices are. I can understand this, it seems natural but the list is growing and growing.

Now of course people will suggest that the 'committee' signings weren't good enough and at the end of the day it may prove to be the case, we've sure as sh*t signed a lot of what appears low standard players.

All players thrive on confidence from their manager, when they're bought for £20m+ they probably expect to be given the chances in their natural position to show their worth. Markovic certainly played like a player short on confidence to me and, while I'm not saying it's the only contributing factor, Brendan's handling of him, both in playing him out of position and the constant early subs, would have done nothing to help that.

I believe Lazar has all the attributes to be a decent player, he was one of the best talents in Europe before he came here and it's a worry for me to see these kinds of patterns repeating themselves. If we'd been winning because of these methods then I'd worry a lot less.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #25: Aug 28, 2015 08:48:46 am
      Why not loaning him out to an EPL side ? What's the point in loaning him to a piss poor league ?
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #26: Aug 28, 2015 08:50:06 am
      Agreed, there is a general trend with those that are considered 'committee' signings that they aren't exactly given the chances that Brendan's obvious choices are. I can understand this, it seems natural but the list is growing and growing.

Now of course people will suggest that the 'committee' signings weren't good enough and at the end of the day it may prove to be the case, we've sure as sh*t signed a lot of what appears low standard players.

All players thrive on confidence from their manager, when they're bought for £20m+ they probably expect to be given the chances in their natural position to show their worth. Markovic certainly played like a player short on confidence to me and, while I'm not saying it's the only contributing factor, Brendan's handling of him, both in playing him out of position and the constant early subs, would have done nothing to help that.

I believe Lazar has all the attributes to be a decent player, he was one of the best talents in Europe before he came here and it's a worry for me to see these kinds of patterns repeating themselves. If we'd been winning because of these methods then I'd worry a lot less.
      If thats any consolation to him(it is not) but he is not the only player that was out of position last season,i mean Can played as a right back for F**k sake.I hope he will have a good season in Turkey and maybe if he comes back he gets a decent chance in Liverpool.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #27: Aug 28, 2015 08:52:47 am
      Whether he's a committee signing or not, whoever is the manager at the time a player signs ultimately takes the credit or ridicule for his success. Markovic is obviously a talented footballer, but equally obviously at this stage he's worth nowhere near 20 million quid. It's probably doubtful he ever will be IMHO, and Brendan must do significantly better than this in the market.

Fortunately so far this season the acquisitions appear better. I am personally a little unsure about Firmino yet, and I'm very unsure about Origi, but mixed in there are some top buys.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Aug 28, 2015 09:08:21 am
      Awful signing and and awful season. One great game against Sunderland is all he had to show for it.

Hope we can half of what we paid for him eventually.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #29: Aug 28, 2015 09:10:17 am
      Smells a bit of Rodgers v committee signing losing out here.

Marko has more talent and a higher ceiling than Lallana and is shoehorned into the team at every single opportunity!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30: Aug 28, 2015 09:11:34 am
      Whether he's a committee signing or not, whoever is the manager at the time a player signs ultimately takes the credit or ridicule for his success. Markovic is obviously a talented footballer, but equally obviously at this stage he's worth nowhere near 20 million quid. It's probably doubtful he ever will be IMHO, and Brendan must do significantly better than this in the market.

Fortunately so far this season the acquisitions appear better. I am personally a little unsure about Firmino yet, and I'm very unsure about Origi, but mixed in there are some top buys.

Agreed with this year appearing to be an excellent set of lads, this window is looking that good it could even rival the Sturridge / Coutinho window (only due to Studge's injury problems). Clyne looks first class, Gomez looks potentially the best of the bunch and Milner is, for a free, a fantastic bit of business.
      Benteke is quickly winning me around with each performance and I really like Firmino, even though we're yet to see much in a red shirt, I know it's there.

I also agree that managers are fully culpable no matter how the signings come about, the only reason I worry about it is that I personally believe if Markovic were given the same chances that Lallana has we'd currently be sending Adam out on loan and be left with a real gem rather than being unconvinced by both. Of course I could well be wrong on that, I often am, but it's what I believe.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #31: Aug 28, 2015 09:28:32 am
      Awful signing and and awful season. One great game against Sunderland is all he had to show for it.

That was a good signing awfully managed by BR.
      He newer got a real chance and when he got it he was usually played out of his natural position,so we should not blame him for not showing what he can do.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #32: Aug 28, 2015 09:36:25 am

And this is showing what exactly?

Smells a bit of Rodgers v committee signing losing out here.

Marko has more talent and a higher ceiling than Lallana and is shoehorned into the team at every single opportunity!

This is one of the points I was getting at last night when I said that others who aren't showing much either are still getting regular game time.

I'd prefer to bring him back next season and see if he's improved. He is only 20 after all.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #33: Aug 28, 2015 09:37:36 am
      Agreed with this year appearing to be an excellent set of lads, this window is looking that good it could even rival the Sturridge / Coutinho window (only due to Studge's injury problems). Clyne looks first class, Gomez looks potentially the best of the bunch and Milner is, for a free, a fantastic bit of business.
      Benteke is quickly winning me around with each performance and I really like Firmino, even though we're yet to see much in a red shirt, I know it's there.

I also agree that managers are fully culpable no matter how the signings come about, the only reason I worry about it is that I personally believe if Markovic were given the same chances that Lallana has we'd currently be sending Adam out on loan and be left with a real gem rather than being unconvinced by both. Of course I could well be wrong on that, I often am, but it's what I believe.

Cup half full comes to mind.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #34: Aug 28, 2015 10:41:16 am
      Doesn't make sense no matter how you look at it, we have cup games and all it takes is an injury or two and then we'll be wondering where the options have went. It's also adding pressure on Ibe. Can't believe this crap.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #35: Aug 28, 2015 10:45:16 am
      Doesn't make sense no matter how you look at it, we have cup games and all it takes is an injury or two and then we'll be wondering where the options have went. It's also adding pressure on Ibe. Can't believe this crap.

Wage bills seem a priority to team strength.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: Aug 28, 2015 11:01:00 am
      Queue the doom sayers.

I will try a positive spin.

Marko needs to play regularly to be at his best, he is young, we have decided giev him a loan, if he plays well out there, he will come back a better player.

Where's the problem, he is way down the pecking order with us.

I thought he might get games in Europa, but I can see us playing most of the 1st team in that, its a very important comp. that leaves eraly rounds of league and FA cup, not many games.

Good luck to him.

Maybe 1 more thing, he mibees asked for the loan himself.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #37: Aug 28, 2015 11:04:17 am
      Thought he would have come in handy, what with the UEFA Cup and all that. Also, given the fact Ibe and Lallana have both been ordinary to put it politely, I would have thought having him around may give us the kind of options we need.

Not convinced of Markovic either personally, but I think it would be worth a shot to give him a run in the UEFA; just to see if that brings out his confidence given the hype that surrounded him when we bought him.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38: Aug 28, 2015 11:19:45 am
      We play 4-3-3 right.

Have to fit in these strikers \ forwards. Assuming they not in the central 3, that will be from Hendo, Milner, lucas, can, allen & rossitor.

so these guys...

Studger
      Benteke
      Firmino
      Ings
      Origi
      Lallana
      Ibe
      Coutinho
      Marko

who drops out for marko ?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #39: Aug 28, 2015 11:22:49 am
      Thought he would have come in handy, what with the UEFA Cup and all that. Also, given the fact Ibe and Lallana have both been ordinary to put it politely, I would have thought having him around may give us the kind of options we need.

Not convinced of Markovic either personally, but I think it would be worth a shot to give him a run in the UEFA; just to see if that brings out his confidence given the hype that surrounded him when we bought him.

Is correct mate.
      Can't help but think there is a none football related issue affecting the decision to limit the manager's options with the EUFA cup on the itinerary.
      Irrespective of people's opinion on Markovic that is the crux of the matter.
      As the season progresses we will be stretched in the Prem and the manager will be asked to field his strongest side for a European tournament, not an appealing prospect.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #40: Aug 28, 2015 11:28:45 am
      We play 4-3-3 right.

Have to fit in these strikers \ forwards. Assuming they not in the central 3, that will be from Hendo, Milner, lucas, can, allen & rossitor.

so these guys...

Studger
      Benteke
      Firmino
      Ings
      Origi
      Lallana
      Ibe
      Coutinho
      Marko

who drops out for marko ?

We may not have the luxury of choice.
      Some on that list are way off automatic selection and the possibility of injury to the key players mentioned mean the bigger the choice of replacement, the better.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,560 posts | 1793 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #41: Aug 28, 2015 11:32:07 am
      We may not have the luxury of choice.
      Some on that list are way off automatic selection and the possibility of injury to the key players mentioned mean the bigger the choice of replacement, the better.

mibees aye, but Id say Ings & Origi are ahead of Marko out of ones not started a game yet, and obv studger will walk back into team.

Could argue Ibe for Marko.

Anyway decision made, I try not to get too worked up about players leaving or going on loan, unless they are homegrown lads.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #42: Aug 28, 2015 12:44:47 pm
      Of all the Suarez money spent on attacking talent only Lallana left and you could argue he is not a first choice.

Scandalous waste of money and opportunity to develop the first team!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #43: Aug 28, 2015 01:57:58 pm
      Hasn't produced for us since arriving for a chunk of change ... and if we weren't in the Europa, I'd have no problem moving him on. But we ARE in the Europa, we have the league cup, games on a Thurs ... we need to use the squad, so I'd have kept him purely for those matches.  Allen is injured, Hendo has a niggle. We need backup in midfield. Would also give him a 2nd season to show something ... but looks like he'll get the chance somewhere else ...
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #44: Aug 28, 2015 03:35:01 pm
      Lallana is far worse than Markovic, at least this lad can run.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #45: Aug 28, 2015 04:03:20 pm
      Lallana is far worse than Markovic, at least this lad can run.

If running is the prerequisite then Lallana wins. Comfortably the harder worker.

Markovic hasn't made the bench in the first couple weeks. It's clear Brendan doesn't want him. People will have their theories because they live in tin foil hats but when someone is sh*te, they deserve to be moved on.

I hope he can find some form and return a quality player but, in my opinion, i don't think he's capable of being good enough based on last season.

Quick Reply