Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Brendan Rodgers VS Rafael Benitez Transfer Spend

Read 25887 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: Brendan Rodgers VS Rafael Benitez Transfer Spend
      Reply #69: Sep 01, 2015 06:47:30 pm
      No it was an error of syntax (google it).

You know it's incredibly funny when someone just ploughs on digging themselves a hole instead of just admitting they were wrong.

I explained to you the difference between a typo and a factual error and the fact is you don't even know how to spell the manager's name - now that I've helped you out people can take your posts more seriously and address all those brilliant points you are so desperate to get out.

Oh, but wait, you were hung over right? Sure everyone can spell someone’s name wrong occasionally if it’s a typo but you’re not that guy. You just don’t know how to spell his name.

Happy to help – thanks for playing son.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Admitting im wrong, yes I spelt the gaffers name wrong - I will admit that totally - however its not quite as 'amazing' as someone who sits there going through someone's post history to prove a point. That my friend is called trolling (google it)...

I will go out on a limb and say you are either a troll or a bully - I would go with the latter. Your statement about 'thanks for playing' says more about you than you realise. Enjoy your time on here, and have a great season...

Admin, feel free to remove this post - there will be no more on this topic or directed towards this fellow user and reds fan... Apologies...
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #70: Sep 01, 2015 08:17:07 pm
      Quote from Hollywood Balls
      One coach won trophies the other didn't. One coach was wise enough to get rid of dross like Robbie Keane the other one has built his defence around dross.

I've lots of ammo available if I want to comment on Rafa's record at this club and elsewhere if necessary, but when you're finished laughing, you might actually get the point. Here it is explained to you for the third time.

Rafa Benitez was hired by Liverpool FC to win the English Premier League. He failed and was consequently fired.

Brendan Rodgers was hired by Liverpool FC to qualify us for the European Cup. He succeeded and is still here.

Understand? Good.

On the Robbie Keane jibe, I'll explain to your good self the facts. Robbie Keane was shown the door after scoring 7 goals in the short time he was here, including vital goals that won us important points at Atletico Madrid and Arsenal. Instead of collecting his league winners medal on the final day of the season as he should have, (and would with someone who has the ability to win English league titles) he scored for the opponents instead, and we lost the league by 4 points. While Rafa is STILL waiting to win another league title, Robbie Keane has gone on to rack up more league championships in the years since, and is on course for another one this year.

They are the facts.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,518 posts | 8685 
      Reply #71: Sep 01, 2015 08:25:46 pm
      On the Robbie Keane jibe, I'll explain to your good self the facts. Robbie Keane was shown the door after scoring 7 goals in the short time he was here, including vital goals that won us important points at Atletico Madrid and Arsenal.

They are the facts.

Wrong Robbie Keane cost us three points at the Vicente against Atletico trying to do some stupid back heel when it was easier to side foot home. We were 1-0 up at time and should of been 2-0!!

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #72: Sep 01, 2015 08:34:42 pm
      I've lots of ammo available if I want to comment on Rafa's record at this club and elsewhere if necessary, but when you're finished laughing, you might actually get the point. Here it is explained to you for the third time.

Rafa Benitez was hired by Liverpool FC to win the English Premier League. He failed and was consequently fired.

Brendan Rodgers was hired by Liverpool FC to qualify us for the European Cup. He succeeded and is still here.

Understand? Good.

On the Robbie Keane jibe, I'll explain to your good self the facts. Robbie Keane was shown the door after scoring 7 goals in the short time he was here, including vital goals that won us important points at Atletico Madrid and Arsenal. Instead of collecting his league winners medal on the final day of the season as he should have, (and would with someone who has the ability to win English league titles) he scored for the opponents instead, and we lost the league by 4 points. While Rafa is STILL waiting to win another league title, Robbie Keane has gone on to rack up more league championships in the years since, and is on course for another one this year.

They are the facts.

you do realise the harder you hit the keys all that happens is your fingers hurt. Show me where Rafa's contract said he had to win the league and where Brendans was just top 4. Whatever planet you are on I hope to God you stay there . The voices inside your head are wrong why not actually do some research and stop making things up
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #73: Sep 01, 2015 08:44:24 pm

Understand? Good.

They are the facts.

I didn't realise you sat on the LFC board handing out those end of year objectives?

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #74: Sep 01, 2015 09:20:18 pm

Understand? Good.

They are the facts.

I honestly thought I was imagining it when I read that.

I think I'll stay away.
      Talk about the Cult of Fenway's Saccerball.. :roll:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #75: Sep 01, 2015 09:23:50 pm

I think I'll stay away.

So many people in denial these days we have one who constantly tries to re-write Rafa's tenure and another group who still think Brendan is the second coming
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #76: Sep 01, 2015 09:24:49 pm

Understand? Good.

They are the facts.

Oh great, when's our next Champion's League match then bud?

According to our owner Brendan has been hired to win the league so I have no idea where you have come up with your made-up standards for both managers.

And in any case, even if what you said was true, Rafa Consistently qualifying for the. Champions League, making two finals and winning it whilst missing out on the league makes him a better manager than Brendan who hasn't consistently qualified for the Champions League and has also missed out on the league.

And Robbie Keane was hired to be a top level striker - he failed and was given the boot back to Spurs. The next season he felt the sensation of leather against his backside again and was shunted off to Celtic. The season after his rump got kicked down to West Ham on loan.

In other words, Spurs actually paid him to play for one of their London rivals rather than have him in their team - not that they were rivals for long as he helped them get relegated and is now earning big dollars in the heady heights of the MLS.

I kind of admire your tenacity in sticking to your point after being proven wrong so many times; admittedly you did go a bit quiet when Keane's career took a nosedive. Then you went quiet for a while when you said Rafa would never manage at a top club again. Then you went quiet after he won the Europa League despite your prediction. Then there was a long period of silence after you had predicted he would never be the manager of Real Madrid. Then you quietened down after your prediction of Brendan winning more than him failed. Now you have bet the farm on Rafa never winning a league again - wonder how that will turn out for you? ;D  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;) :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Sep 01, 2015 09:38:15 pm by Hollywood Balls »
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #77: Sep 01, 2015 09:30:57 pm
      Admitting im wrong, yes I spelt the gaffers name wrong - I will admit that totally - however its not quite as 'amazing' as someone who sits there going through someone's post history to prove a point. That my friend is called trolling (google it)...

I will go out on a limb and say you are either a troll or a bully - I would go with the latter. Your statement about 'thanks for playing' says more about you than you realise. Enjoy your time on here, and have a great season...

Admin, feel free to remove this post - there will be no more on this topic or directed towards this fellow user and reds fan... Apologies...

Dry your tears Princess - i pointed out you didn't even know how to spell the managers name and you tried to bluster your way out of it with some excuse about being hungover ; I pulled you on it by pointing out your previous examples - no trolling involved.

It's a forum - you don't just get to make up whatever you like and expect not to have it pointed out.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #78: Sep 01, 2015 09:34:25 pm

I think I'll stay away.

And here's the third Stooge.

Come back to tell us all how the owners haven't backed the manager once again?

;D, it's like an apocalypse of idiot zombies, just when you think you have dealt with one another one staggers up and starts lurching towards you.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #79: Sep 01, 2015 09:42:21 pm
      And here's the third Stooge.

Come back to tell us all how the owners haven't backed the manager once again?

;D, it's like an apocalypse of idiot zombies, just when you think you have dealt with one another one staggers up and starts lurching towards you.

Oh no no. I think your bosses are TERRIFIC.
      I have seen the light. Praise be to John and Tom. Hallelujah  :angel: :angel:
      Our cuppeth run over with the delights of the Lord Brendan, patron saint of footballing genius.
      And the first apostle  of the soccer brand business, Hollywood Balls.

Did you enjoy Saturday? (Or were you here instead?) xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #80: Sep 03, 2015 11:09:10 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      Robbie Keane cost us three points at the Vicente against Atletico trying to do some stupid back heel when it was easier to side foot home. We were 1-0 up at time and should of been 2-0!!

There isn't a forward in the game that doesn't miss chances, it's part and parcel of the game.

The facts about that game are stark. Without his goal that night, we would have lost the game 0-1. As we did the following season.

Quote from Hollywood Balls
      Oh great, when's our next Champion's League match then bud?

When we make it again.  :-\

According to our owner Brendan has been hired to win the league so I have no idea where you have come up with your made-up standards for both managers.

If Brendan was hired to win the league, we would have a different man in charge now, as he has not won the league. Instead, he was hired to make the European Cup. Having done so, he got a new contract, which has just started.

In 2004, Houllier was replaced as finishing fourth was described by Rick Parry as "a minimum acceptable target, not a goal". So it's clear what the target of his replacement would be.

even if what you said was true, Rafa Consistently qualifying for the. Champions League, making two finals and winning it whilst missing out on the league makes him a better manager than Brendan who hasn't consistently qualified for the Champions League and has also missed out on the league.

This is all completely irrelevant as the difference in personnel quality is stark, while the number of league rivals is less. With Rafa's players, qualifying for the European Cup should have been a formality. There was no City or Spurs around to trouble us either. Now there is, which make the job of qualifying a greater challenge.

Robbie Keane was hired to be a top level striker - he failed and was given the boot back to Spurs. The next season he felt the sensation of leather against his backside again and was shunted off to Celtic. The season after his rump got kicked down to West Ham on loan.

In other words, Spurs actually paid him to play for one of their London rivals rather than have him in their team - not that they were rivals for long as he helped them get relegated and is now earning big dollars in the heady heights of the MLS.

He was brought here to score goals, which he did, 3 in a week before he was dropped in one instance. 2 days after he left, we went out of the cup, and Torres got injured. 3 months after he left, we went out of the European Cup. 4 months after he left, the league winning record we enjoyed for so long, went. In the years since, he has gone on to win more league titles, and break more records at international level. Meanwhile we wait for Number 19, and Rafa waits for another league championship.

I admire your tenacity in sticking to your point. Now you have bet the farm on Rafa never winning a league again - wonder how that will turn out for you?

I have never been quiet on any issue I feel strongly about, however I have other threads to post on.

As it is, 8% of Real fans wanted him in charge, and it took him the grand total of 1 game to fall behind in the La Liga title race. As I said before, Real Madrid don't give coaches 6 years to deliver the goods, like we did for him. There's no honeymoon period, you deliver or you make way for someone else. Real fans have the chance to vote the President out of office if they disagree with his decisions. By contrast, we're stuck with ours until such time as they decide they can't be bothered running the club anymore.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #81: Sep 03, 2015 11:13:31 pm
      3 months after he left, we went out of the European Cup. 4 months after he left, the league winning record we enjoyed for so long, went. In the years since, he has gone on to win more league titles, and break more records at international level.

Yet we still only lost 2 games all season in the league so Keane wasn't that much of a loss and our biggest winning run came after the Boro defeat, to which we were then thumping 4 past Madrid and United. When Keane was back at Spurs.

Yeah in the U.S. He done F**k all after he left us though and was bouncing round from club to club until LA Galaxy. International goals is irrelevant.

If Brendan was hired to win the league, we would have a different man in charge now, as he has not won the league. Instead, he was hired to make the European Cup. Having done so, he got a new contract, which has just started.

Hmm...

You are basically saying that if Rodgers was hired to win the league but failed to do so then he'd have been sacked.
      Instead you say he was hired to make the Champions League. Which we have done once in his 3 seasons, so by your logic of being hired to win the league, he should have been sacked by now seeing as he has failed to make the Champions League twice! (with a massive transfer warchest). Also his contract started last year, not just this season. Seems like you are a year behind reality lad.

He's still got a job because he's a yes man and most likely pinned the blame for our piss poor season on Pascoe and Marsh.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #82: Sep 03, 2015 11:35:32 pm
      "When is our next Champion's League game?"

Well, hold on a second - your whole argument is that Brendan is a better manager than Rafa because he was hired to qualify for the Champion's League rather than win the title.

Well, the facts are that Rafa qualified every year, got to two finals and won the thing.

And you're arguing that Rafa is a WORSE manager? You are too ridiculous to take seriously  :lmao:
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #83: Sep 03, 2015 11:50:29 pm
      Just seen your reply:

This is all completely irrelevant as the difference in personnel quality is stark, while the number of league rivals is less. With Rafa's players, qualifying for the European Cup should have been a formality. There was no City or Spurs around to trouble us either. Now there is, which make the job of qualifying a greater challenge.

Difference in personnel? Who do you think decides on the personnel? What evidence do you have that Brendan can sign stellar players with a Rafa-style consistency?

There are more teams competing for the Champion's League - that's true. But the reason for that is, back then, the standard of football was much higher. Mourinho's Chelsea or Ferguson's United of that period would have walked the current league. The standard of football in that era, the balance between attack and defence, were higher than now. Think most people would back Rafa's 2008-9 team over Brendan's 2013-14 side over the course of a whole season.

He was brought here to score goals, which he did, 3 in a week before he was dropped in one instance. 2 days after he left, we went out of the cup, and Torres got injured. 3 months after he left, we went out of the European Cup. 4 months after he left, the league winning record we enjoyed for so long, went. In the years since, he has gone on to win more league titles, and break more records at international level.

Again "he was brought here to score goals". According to who? Every striker scores goals and contributes to the rest of the team. He didn't score enough or do enough otherwise we would have fought tooth and nail to keep him. But you've again made up an arbitrary target for what the owners and manager wanted to guide your judgment. It's funny - you don't even realise you're doing it.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #84: Sep 04, 2015 08:52:57 am
      There isn't a forward in the game that doesn't miss chances, it's part and parcel of the game.

The facts about that game are stark. Without his goal that night, we would have lost the game 0-1. As we did the following season.

When we make it again.  :-\

In 2004, Houllier was replaced as finishing fourth was described by Rick Parry as "a minimum acceptable target, not a goal". So it's clear what the target of his replacement would be.

He was brought here to score goals, which he did, 3 in a week before he was dropped in one instance. 2 days after he left, we went out of the cup, and Torres got injured. 3 months after he left, we went out of the European Cup. 4 months after he left, the league winning record we enjoyed for so long, went. In the years since, he has gone on to win more league titles, and break more records at international level. Meanwhile we wait for Number 19, and Rafa waits for another league championship.

I have never been quiet on any issue I feel strongly about, however I have other threads to post on.

As it is, 8% of Real fans wanted him in charge, and it took him the grand total of 1 game to fall behind in the La Liga title race. As I said before, Real Madrid don't give coaches 6 years to deliver the goods, like we did for him. There's no honeymoon period, you deliver or you make way for someone else. Real fans have the chance to vote the President out of office if they disagree with his decisions. By contrast, we're stuck with ours until such time as they decide they can't be bothered running the club anymore.

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, confabulation, dogma, illusion, or other effects of perception.

Delusions typically occur in the context of neurological or mental illness, although they are not tied to any particular disease and have been found to occur in the context of many pathological states (both physical and mental). However, they are of particular diagnostic importance in psychotic disorders including schizophrenia, paraphrenia, manic episodes of bipolar disorder, and psychotic depression.
       :f_whistle:
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #85: Sep 04, 2015 09:44:02 am
      Reading through the thread I think there's one absolute thing we can all agree on, Rodgers has to do better with the resources he is being given, I'm not talking winning the league here, I'm talking about his ability to build a settled first XI and a good core of squad players.

4th season in and were fielding 5 new first XI players, this after buying 9 players last summer, there is no consistency, every summer the plan appears to be ripped up, not all Rodgers doing may I add, players leaving for pastures new has not helped.

Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #86: Sep 04, 2015 12:15:56 pm
      Everyone agrees there are no excuses now - it's time for Brendan to deliver.

At least the best performances in our games have come from the new signings. We need to build on our progress so far - Brendan is ow under pressure to get results every game.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #87: Sep 05, 2015 10:44:25 pm
      https://youtu.be/fOaZYhTd2BU?t=14

How can anyone watch this and not like Rafa? Legend!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #88: Sep 05, 2015 11:36:58 pm
      Quite a good talk about the transfer spending, spending it wisely etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gekHR0FXMSw
      kookkai
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts |
      Reply #89: Sep 06, 2015 04:29:29 pm
      Rafa turned Madrid down, then got sacked by H&G via Purslow... Felt very sad to read this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rafa-benitez-snubbed-real-madrid-6388068
      lfc across the water
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #90: Sep 07, 2015 12:38:40 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      Yet we still only lost 2 games all season in the league so Keane wasn't that much of a loss and our biggest winning run came after the Boro defeat, to which we were then thumping 4 past Madrid and United. When Keane was back at Spurs.

Yeah in the U.S. He done F**k all after he left us though and was bouncing round from club to club until LA Galaxy. International goals is irrelevant.

Hmm...

You are basically saying that if Rodgers was hired to win the league but failed to do so then he'd have been sacked.
      Instead you say he was hired to make the Champions League. Which we have done once in his 3 seasons, so by your logic of being hired to win the league, he should have been sacked by now seeing as he has failed to make the Champions League twice! (with a massive transfer warchest). Also his contract started last year, not just this season. Seems like you are a year behind reality lad.

He's still got a job because he's a yes man and most likely pinned the blame for our piss poor season on Pascoe and Marsh.

He is a Yes man, but he is still in the job as he qualified us for the European Cup in his second season. The owners don't care whether we win the league or not, they just want this club to be in the European Cup for the finances. He got what they wanted so he got his new contract. It's my understanding that a new contract begins after the old one expires, which did so at the end of last season.

Keane was at the club while we were drawing at home to Stoke, Hull, Everton, and West Ham. He was been hauled off with anything up to half an hour remaining in those games when we needed a breakthrough, he didn't get to play in one of them. We win any 2 of those games and No. 19 is home. We didn't so the wait goes on.

Keane has won league titles in 2 countries since.  It doesn't matter where it is, what matters is he has them.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #91: Sep 07, 2015 12:53:17 pm

Keane has won league titles in 2 countries since.  It doesn't matter where it is, what matters is he has them.

I'd imagine had Rafa gone to manage in Scotland and America and won league titles you would just be as full of praise for him

:D

Quick Reply