Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....

Read 12500 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....
      Reply #23: Sep 02, 2015 03:51:20 pm
      Personally I don't see why Enrique has been frozen out

He went against medical advice Si.  He insisted on having surgery for his knee injury when he was advised it could end his career, he's barely been available for selection since due to the recurring problems the surgery caused.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....
      Reply #24: Sep 02, 2015 03:52:06 pm

13 players out of 24 bought over a 2 year period are no longer with us.  We've sold, loaned, released or allowed contracts to run down for 16 players this summer, how can you build anything with such a massive turnover of staff.  Either the plan's wrong or the people implementing it are wrong.

Garuntee you GH, Rafa, Woy & King Kenny have had similiar numbers to that.

We have been re-building a title winning team since 1991. 24 years of failure in that respect.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: Sep 02, 2015 03:56:09 pm

Like I said mate, they've tinkered with everything else except the plan itself.  They clearly think the plan will work and that Brendan is the best person to see it through to fruition otherwise they'd have changed one or both.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #26: Sep 02, 2015 03:59:14 pm
      Like I said mate, they've tinkered with everything else except the plan itself.  They clearly think the plan will work and that Brendan is the best person to see it through to fruition otherwise they'd have changed one or both.

Sad state of affairs, the club and the fan base suffers.

If the finances were suffering, you'd see more action.

You can only lead a horse to the water though....
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #27: Sep 02, 2015 04:06:29 pm

You can imagine the movement in finances if we were ever to win the league or a European cup once more, FSG for all their ills have backed the manager with money but as pointed out earlier those implementing this flawed strategy need to move out.

A DoF is more important than ever.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #28: Sep 02, 2015 04:25:07 pm
      Read what he said - the narrative is a lot different to the reality.

I did read what he said.  His record since he left bears it out as well.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #29: Sep 02, 2015 04:30:23 pm
      Brendan favors his signings. His first point of major action was to create tension between those who were here and phase them out so he can have a new breed of players that are his own. Anyone who can't see that agenda isn't paying close enough attention in my opinion.

It's not uncommon for managers to do that though.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #30: Sep 02, 2015 04:32:35 pm

I think they'll act as soon as the finances are affected Daz and it could rear it's ugly head in the next few weeks, never mind waiting till Christmas.  The way that Anfield emptied at the weekend, no YNWA sung at the end we're not far off Roy territory.  They're about to add nearly 10000 new seats that need paying for and although all the corporates have sold out, the 4500 general tickets still need to sold, some of them at premium prices. 

For all those who think "Anfield will always be a sellout", think again because if we're playing sh*t on a stick football, losing games we shouldn't be and being knocked out of competitions before we should whose going to fork out a hefty wedge for that.  The diehards maybe but they don't want the diehards, they don't pay the bills, the tourists do.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #31: Sep 02, 2015 04:33:17 pm
      You can imagine the movement in finances if we were ever to win the league or a European cup once more, FSG for all their ills have backed the manager with money but as pointed out earlier those implementing this flawed strategy need to move out.

A DoF is more important than ever.

Actually, I suspect if we won a major trophy, I think we'd see a substantial sell off of players.
      As a stock market analogy its "selling at the top".

You can hardly say they've backed the manager/s. Just look how much has been sold.
      These have virtually all been cheap, young, lower waged, Europa level players.
      Much as I think BR is an arse, he can't make a silk purse out of a sow's sh*t.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #32: Sep 02, 2015 04:39:46 pm
      Actually, I suspect if we won a major trophy, I think we'd see a substantial sell off of players.
      As a stock market analogy its "selling at the top".

You can hardly say they've backed the manager/s. Just look how much has been sold.
      These have virtually all been cheap, young, lower waged, Europa level players.
      Much as I think BR is an arse, he can't make a silk purse out of a sow's sh*t.

The selling at the top strategy does not apply in this case to the stakeholders with full ownership control over the company unless they were planning on selling the entire company.

That would just devalue their investment completely in terms of assets and credibility.

Even FSG understand that one.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4978 
      Reply #33: Sep 02, 2015 04:54:27 pm
      He went against medical advice Si.  He insisted on having surgery for his knee injury when he was advised it could end his career, he's barely been available for selection since due to the recurring problems the surgery caused.

I actually didn't know that Debs.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34: Sep 02, 2015 05:00:00 pm
      Blood if it were any other man, I would say this topic is a thinly veiled attack on Brendan!  ;)

Of the players mentioned, Reina is the only one I had a real problem with leaving, then again that was only with hindsight of seeing Mignolet performing like a clown.

I'm.a big believer in respecting the manager, follow orders or sit on the bench. If it was Kenny or Rafa I think more people would agree with me.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #35: Sep 02, 2015 05:01:26 pm
      I actually didn't know that Debs.

The surgery wasn't necessary Si, the injury would have sorted itself out with proper rehab so god only knows why he went against the advice but if Carra was right that he doesn't listen on the pitch, then I'm guessing he thought he knew better.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #36: Sep 02, 2015 05:17:57 pm
      The selling at the top strategy does not apply in this case to the stakeholders with full ownership control over the company unless they were planning on selling the entire company.

That would just devalue their investment completely in terms of assets and credibility.

Even FSG understand that one.

Its a "tried and trusted" strategy of the usual vampires. Just check out some of the teams that got into the PL, and rather than building on, they sold their stars.

You could argue it was done in a "lite" manner when we came 2nd and sold Suarez. Just like G&H started their exit after we came 2nd. Did they bring in a crowdpuller when Luis went? Nope, it was the sh*te that was Balotelli.

They wouldn't sell everyone if they won a major trophy. Just the key 1/2/3.
      Their argument amongst themselves would be as it is now. They don't want to compete with the 2 Mancs and Arse/Chavski. And the argument to the fans would be "no one's bigger than the club"/"stars have left the club in the past" etc etc.

Academic really at the moment, because we won't be winning a Champs Lge etc any time soon!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Sep 02, 2015 05:18:16 pm
      Blood if it were any other man, I would say this topic is a thinly veiled attack on Brendan!

Its not a thinly veiled attack on Brendan mate, its full on attack on all levels of management within the club, from John Henry, Tom Werner, Mike Gordon to Brendan Rodgers.

I'm.a big believer in respecting the manager, follow orders or sit on the bench.

So am I mate.

If it was Kenny or Rafa I think more people would agree with me.

Again I agree with you mate.

But then I also think there's other ways to sort disagreements than binning people off.

If I binned our lass off every time we disagreed over something, I'd be laid in bed most nights mopping up rapidly cooling spunk from my belly button with a sweaty sock.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #38: Sep 02, 2015 05:25:22 pm

If I binned our lass off every time we disagreed over something, I'd be laid in bed most nights mopping up rapidly cooling spunk from my belly button with a sweaty sock.

Thanks for that image mate!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #39: Sep 02, 2015 06:06:26 pm
      Alpha males don't need to remove challengers from their territory completely, they have enough followers that the challengers remain in a quiet corner feeling sorry for themselves.

Brendan isn't an alpha male  he's a self obsessed control freak with some serious issues regarding managing strong characters. You can throw Sakho into the mix, Sahin too. I'm sure if you dig hard enough there's guys from Reading and Watford who he clashed with.

People who clash with Brendan, regardless of talent are moved on as a show of strength for the man not the club. He's constantly lied to these people and manipulated the situation to see the back of them and for me that's more the mannerism of a coward than an alpha male. I know this will come off as sounding very harsh on Brendan but I've been thinking of starting a topic like this for a while because the leaders/characters/fighters have been ripped from our squad until we've become the most timid group of individuals you could wish to find.

We don't have the stomach to fight back in the dressing room as much as we don't on the pitch. Brendan is a fraud in my opinion, I think far too many have been duped by his bullshit and the amount of excuses the man gets in the name of loyalty is ironic because it's at the expense of some of the most loyal players ever to pull on that famous red shirt.

Me personally, I'm more loyal to the likes of Agger, Reina, Lucas than I ever will be to Brendan because I don't believe he'll 'fight for his life' for Liverpool Football Club, I think he'll do it all in the name of Brendan Rodgers. A man that can quite happily see his number 2 pushed out the door and all he has to say for the man is "we're moving in a new tactical direction", sure I called for the change but as I said at the time I'd gain respect for his ruthlessness but lose total respect for his loyalty. He's loyal to one man and I don't support Brendan Rodgers football club and believe the sooner he's gone the sooner we can get to work on rectifying his many mistakes.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #40: Sep 02, 2015 06:13:38 pm
      The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are and I expect others to treat me the same way.

Daniel Agger on Brendan Rodgers and the deterioration of their working relationship.

Agger Challenged Rodgers for feeling unappreciated - result - shipped out.

Reina - Vocal, not the kind to sit quietly and not speak his mind - result - shipped out.

Sterling - Challenged Rodgers - result - shipped out.

Balotelli - Challenged Rodgers - result - shipped out.

Enrqique - Challenged Rodgers - Result - Can't get a look in at left back when were playing Gomez there who has no left foot. - would have been shipped out if a deal was agreed.

Are we seeing a trend developing here ?

I'm concerned for the club and the direction we are heading in, when you start piecing all the little bits together, we really are in disarray.

Were rudderless, lacking in real leadership and direction, our transfer strategy is a joke, compounded by the fact that not one single signing from last summer can be seen as a massive success.

The management of the club from the top to the bottom is also a joke.

The only genuinely good thing happening at the club at the moment is the growth of the finances and the expansion of the stadium, beyond that the owners/directors/management are failing miserably.

Some of this is incorrect, others is a little unfair.

- Reina, as much as I loved him as a goalkeeper, he wasn't performing in accordance with FSG's philosophy on not paying high wages for under performers. Result? Shipped out.

- Sterling didn't just challenge Rodgers, he was a menace. He acted like the spoilt brat he is allowing his agent to operate out of control, leaking things left, right and centre to the media, unauthorised interviews, and allowing his agent calling Carragher a "knob". That could not carry on under any circumstances, absolutely no team anywhere in the world would have put up with that and it's why both Arsenal and Real went cold on his signature. Given the aberrant behaviour of both Sterling and his Agent, we did well to get the fee we did for him.

- Balotelli was shipped out because of his attitude. His entourage would hang around Melwood every day, he was the last in, first out of training when everyone else stayed behind for extra conditioning or training, he refused to mix, claimed not to know who Joe Allen was (;D) and even cried sick in training so he could get one of his minions to go buy him an iPhone 6 (all this was in the Echo last week). The guy will never change and should never have been bought in the first place.

- Enrique admitted this week that he's spent more time on social media than he has trying to regain fitness after his injury and has vowed to regain it and prove himself.

In regards to Agger, I'll remind everyone we only have his side of the story and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. We're unlikely to know what happened there any time soon. What I would say is there is a time and a place for raising concerns or even challenging someone over a decision and if he was doing that in the dressing room in front of others then it's no wonder he was shipped out. It's also not something unique to Rodgers or FSG. Many of our former managers had run ins with players whom they swiftly shipped out.

I'm all for criticising the manager for his failures but honestly, some of these posts are becoming ridiculous now. What can we expect next? A forum post criticising the whiteness of his teeth?  :roll:
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #41: Sep 02, 2015 06:16:15 pm
      he's a self obsessed control freak with some serious issues

You could say that about some posters on this board Luke... :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #42: Sep 02, 2015 06:36:43 pm

That is if you believe all the narrative that comes out of club.

Frankly I don't, quite the opposite if truth be told, the powers that be at the club try and control the narrative to paint themselves in a better light leaking their little stories in the media.

I long for the days a player left, we wished him well at his new club and that was the end of it.

Its getting to the point that almost any player that leaves who arrived for a decent wedge of cash, leaves with tales of being a wrong un to protect the arses of those who selected and sanctioned the deals.

As I said earlier, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a story about Marcovic dressing as a Gas Man and defrauding old ladies of their pension come to light and the funny thing is, majority of the fan base would lap it up and the lick the spoon that was used to stir such bull sh*t.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #43: Sep 02, 2015 06:57:02 pm
      You could say that about some posters on this board Luke... :)

I don't think you are a control freak mate :)

The only thing I would say is that for whatever reason we have let a lot of good, very experienced players leave for not much money when they could still have given us good service and perhaps helped the young players with "potential" that Brendan was bringing in.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #44: Sep 02, 2015 07:03:05 pm
      I don't think you are a control freak mate :)

The only thing I would say is that for whatever reason we have let a lot of good, very experienced players leave for not much money when they could still have given us good service and perhaps helped the young players with "potential" that Brendan was bringing in.

I am more concerned about loaning out Illori, Markovic and Sakho not getting playing time than I am with Reina (who spread his legs for Barca on more than one occasion and has done jack sh*t in football since he left) or Stirling playing the fool for Man City.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #45: Sep 02, 2015 07:06:24 pm

- Reina, as much as I loved him as a goalkeeper, he wasn't performing in accordance with FSG's philosophy on not paying high wages for under performers. Result? Shipped out.

- Sterling didn't just challenge Rodgers, he was a menace. He acted like the spoilt brat he is allowing his agent to operate out of control, leaking things left, right and centre to the media, unauthorised interviews, and allowing his agent calling Carragher a "knob". That could not carry on under any circumstances, absolutely no team anywhere in the world would have put up with that and it's why both Arsenal and Real went cold on his signature. Given the aberrant behaviour of both Sterling and his Agent, we did well to get the fee we did for him.

- Balotelli was shipped out because of his attitude. His entourage would hang around Melwood every day, he was the last in, first out of training when everyone else stayed behind for extra conditioning or training, he refused to mix, claimed not to know who Joe Allen was (;D) and even cried sick in training so he could get one of his minions to go buy him an iPhone 6 (all this was in the Echo last week). The guy will never change and should never have been bought in the first place.

- Enrique admitted this week that he's spent more time on social media than he has trying to regain fitness after his injury and has vowed to regain it and prove himself.

In regards to Agger, I'll remind everyone we only have his side of the story and the truth usually lies somewhere in the middle. We're unlikely to know what happened there any time soon. What I would say is there is a time and a place for raising concerns or even challenging someone over a decision and if he was doing that in the dressing room in front of others then it's no wonder he was shipped out. It's also not something unique to Rodgers or FSG. Many of our former managers had run ins with players whom they swiftly shipped out.

I'm all for criticising the manager for his failures but honestly, some of these posts are becoming ridiculous now. What can we expect next? A forum post criticising the whiteness of his teeth?  :roll:

But remember that divvie Rodgers saying "Raheem's been given a fantastic offer".
      Turned out the offer was EIGHTY K a week, less than the Man C offer.

Also, RS only wanted to win trophies. And I believe that. He also said "I would have signed a contract the previous Summer". The same Summer Rodgers was gobbing it about how Raheem was just a little rookie implying he was only worth 35k a week.

All in, I really don't like Rodgers or Ayre. They lack class, they lack talent, I get the feeling they can be very snide, insincere and bullies. Looking out for number one, and number one alone.

Compare them to Paisley, Shanks, Rafa, Peter Robinson, John Smith and the like. These people OOZED clash.

Rodgers and Ayre just seem to be like some Steve Coogan characters. Who didn't just swallow a cheesy "self improvement" book, they swallowed a whole library of the books". Remembering Chang, and I can just guess what some of the American crowd are like.

Quick Reply