Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....

Read 12366 times
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Re: The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....
      Reply #92: Sep 05, 2015 04:08:31 pm
      maybe somebody needs to rock the boat it might just help.
      Isn't that our job? Sadly they have a lot of supporters fooled that they're doing their best for the club.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Re: The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are....
      Reply #93: Sep 05, 2015 04:16:03 pm
      Isn't that our job? Sadly they have a lot of supporters fooled that they're doing their best for the club.

Personally I'd say it's more of Brendan's job. If he truly wants this club to be successful than he would fight for quality players to be signed. Regardless, guess you can't blame him, he's making the money and living the lifestyle, he's kept the fans convinced until now, and more than that he's been able to keep himself convinced that there might be hope in JWH's strategy. In reality, we're a bit of a circus.

I guess FSG need to understand that this is not some kind of an experiment here, this isn't baseball where you can sign a bunch of young "players" based on their statistics on the cheap and more than likely they'll turn out. Statistics mean next to nothing in football and this strategy is costing them way more than buying proven experienced players. Footy is a completely different animal.

Can't wait for Stevie's book now, I'm sure they'll be subtle, but I've got a feeling that he might come out with a lot of information about it.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #94: Sep 05, 2015 05:12:35 pm
      There can only always be one alpha male at a club and that should be the manager.

Decent teams are FULL of alpha males.
      An alpha male doesn't demand he makes all the decisions. He comes out fighting each and every time, and he isn't intimidated by a charlatan like Henry, Ayre or Rodgers.

We have a club devoid of leaders. A team of jellyfishes. And Henderson encapsculates that more than anyone.

Think of the great old Lpool teams. They had half a dozen or more leaders, all of which would/did make terrific captains. We dont have a single alpha male in the team now. So we are utterly turned over by crap like Stoke.

As a side point, Tommy Smith and Shanks absolutely hated each other. I'm sure Smith had a few enemies in the team too. Did it matter? No. It only made LFC greater.

Bottom line is, Fenway are bas**rds and bullshitters. They sell anything that isn't nailed to the floor. And would sell anything that is, given half a chance.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #95: Sep 05, 2015 05:30:14 pm
      An alpha male doesn't demand he makes all the decisions. He comes out fighting each and every time, and he isn't intimidated by a charlatan like Henry, Ayre or Rodgers.

We have a club devoid of leaders. A team of jellyfishes. And Henderson encapsculates that more than anyone.

Think of the great old Lpool teams. They had half a dozen or more leaders, all of which would/did make terrific captains. We dont have a single alpha male in the team now. So we are utterly turned over by crap like Stoke.

As a side point, Tommy Smith and Shanks absolutely hated each other. I'm sure Smith had a few enemies in the team too. Did it matter? No. It only made LFC greater.

Bottom line is, Fenway are bas**rds and bullshitters. They sell anything that isn't nailed to the floor. And would sell anything that is, given half a chance.

FSG will not even admit to making decisions, scapegoats abound to absorb the blame spread-shot of 4+ years of their bullshit and blunder.
      H&G must be F***ing kicking themselves for not being as subtle as JWH & Co.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #96: Sep 05, 2015 07:02:07 pm
      By the very definition of the term they aren't but ... as I'm trying to shake of my pedant tag - I'm happy to pretend that you're right.  :gt-happyup:

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,670 posts | 7156 
      Reply #97: Sep 05, 2015 07:33:01 pm
      By the very definition of the term they aren't but ... as I'm trying to shake of my pedant tag - I'm happy to pretend that you're right.  :gt-happyup:

Messi,Neymar ,Suarez and 8 other winners.
      most Liverpool teams through the 60/70's and 80's had real strong characters in the team lots of them this team has none.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #98: Sep 05, 2015 08:41:20 pm
      Messi,Neymar ,Suarez and 8 other winners.
      most Liverpool teams through the 60/70's and 80's had real strong characters in the team lots of them this team has none.

That may well be very true Walt.

That 'fact' has nothing to do with what I wrote  mate and I've had my say - I'm leaving it there.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,670 posts | 7156 
      Reply #99: Sep 05, 2015 09:35:35 pm
      That may well be very true Walt.

That 'fact' has nothing to do with what I wrote  mate and I've had my say - I'm leaving it there.

no problem I thought we were now talking about the lack of leaders on the pitch of course I agree the manager should be the one voice that everyone listens to and that includes FSG
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #100: Sep 08, 2015 10:59:43 pm
      The things that went wrong between us is that I say things the way they are and I expect others to treat me the same way.

Daniel Agger on Brendan Rodgers and the deterioration of their working relationship.

Agger Challenged Rodgers for feeling unappreciated - result - shipped out.

Reina - Vocal, not the kind to sit quietly and not speak his mind - result - shipped out.

Sterling - Challenged Rodgers - result - shipped out.

Balotelli - Challenged Rodgers - result - shipped out.

Enrqique - Challenged Rodgers - Result - Can't get a look in at left back when were playing Gomez there who has no left foot. - would have been shipped out if a deal was agreed.

Are we seeing a trend developing here ?

I'm concerned for the club and the direction we are heading in, when you start piecing all the little bits together, we really are in disarray.

Were rudderless, lacking in real leadership and direction, our transfer strategy is a joke, compounded by the fact that not one single signing from last summer can be seen as a massive success.

The management of the club from the top to the bottom is also a joke.

The only genuinely good thing happening at the club at the moment is the growth of the finances and the expansion of the stadium, beyond that the owners/directors/management are failing miserably.

I haven't had a chance to scan down through the replies in this thread but i don't really see any issues In This respect. Players often get on their high horse the minute they stop being first choice and no longer get the minutes they feel they deserve. I mean was anger really being disrespected or was he simply pissed he wasn't getting a game? And if a player (any player) can't sit quiet and be truly professional when they are dropped then it's. O surprise if they get shipped out. Plenty of top managers over the years have got rid of players the moment they begin to kick up a fuss about not playing. I'm not sure there is much of a story here in this respect.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,670 posts | 7156 
      Reply #101: Sep 08, 2015 11:24:09 pm
      Brendan favors his signings. His first point of major action was to create tension between those who were here and phase them out so he can have a new breed of players that are his own. Anyone who can't see that agenda isn't paying close enough attention in my opinion.

It's not uncommon for managers to do that though.

When the company I worked for bought out a competitor the first thing we did is get rid of the tier of management that could cause problems and we replaced them with our own people. It is understandable Brendan wants his own players but hasn't he got that now

Quick Reply