Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      8 (8.3%)
      Martin Skrtel
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (4.2%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      15 (15.6%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      11 (11.5%)
      Christian Benteke
      49 (51%)
      Jordon Ibe
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (2.1%)
      Alberto Moreno
      4 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 93

Voting closed: Sep 16, 2015 07:24:24 pm

Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character

Read 40369 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Man Utd 3-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match character
      Reply #690: Sep 12, 2015 08:16:33 pm
      As we speak there are 369 "guests" reading this thread and I bet there's a good few Mancs on here laughing their tiny cocks off at our anger and frustration...
      I F**KING HATE getting beat by Man U and when we don't put any effort in it's even f**king worse...

Dreadful , shocking performance and I honestly don't think it would've been any different had Lallana and Henderson played..

The ONLY plus point for me is that Milner takes a good corner...

I need a drink....
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #691: Sep 12, 2015 08:18:03 pm
      I feel like Benteke has proven that Balotelli wasn't really the problem. We have REALLY good players in our squad, we should be challenging. They are just not being used correctly.
      Exactly
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #692: Sep 12, 2015 08:18:27 pm
      Got a feeling this will be goodbye to Mr Rodgers. It's been coming for a while now...
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #693: Sep 12, 2015 08:18:51 pm
      I switched off, what was said in the interview?
      Bubonic
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 634 posts | 25 
      Reply #694: Sep 12, 2015 08:19:45 pm

The ONLY plus point for me is that Milner takes a good corner...

Beneteke's goal was alright

chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #695: Sep 12, 2015 08:20:00 pm
      I switched off, what was said in the interview?

tiny dick faces the sack
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #696: Sep 12, 2015 08:20:15 pm
      Embarrassed and disgusted by that performance, half the time we looked like we had no F***ing plan and happy to defend for a draw, when we actually attacked them for all of 5 minutes we did actually cause them problems, so why not F***ing start like that, again though the manager's perseverance with this system is starting to do my head in, so many players out of position, no real support for Benteke, who despite some, I think is a good player, yeah maybe hasn't got the pace, but if you play players properly off him, he can be a very good striker. We just don't do that!

Our first proper test, we looked half good against Arsenal, then we sat back into the old routine and settled for a draw. Today was the second test and we failed miserably (obviously Coutinho missing is a big loss, as imo he's the only creative player we've got at the moment).

This might not go down well but at the moment I think Can is a headless chicken, might be down to the way the manager is playing him, but looked nowhere near ready for a midfield place and tbh thank god we've still got Lucas, otherwise I'd generally fear for our midfield.

The last two performances are like a left over from last season and I wanted him gone then, I'm sorry I don't see us heading into any direction with him and his tactics leave a lot to be desired. Down to Gordon and Ayre to see of they are happy with what they are F***ing watching, cos I'm not. It's on the level with some of Hodgson's worst and it can't be tolerated for much longer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #697: Sep 12, 2015 08:20:30 pm
      I feel like Benteke has proven that Balotelli wasn't really the problem. We have REALLY good players in our squad, we should be challenging. They are just not being used correctly.

Maybe but Balotelli still does not belong at this club.

He never did.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #698: Sep 12, 2015 08:21:45 pm

Oh... yeah, I forgot about that...
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #699: Sep 12, 2015 08:28:29 pm
      Let's not forget that was (as someone said) probably the worst Utd side in the last 25 years.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,067 posts | 548 
      Reply #700: Sep 12, 2015 08:31:02 pm
      Agreed with the team selection ( apart from Lovren as usual), but then baffled to see Ings and Firmino playing out wide.
      The only explanation I can think of is that we are playing fearful football - Brendan was so worried about stopping the Manc fullbacks, he decided to sacrifice any real counter-attacking threat to do so.

Maybe he doesnt realise that after last season, what we as fans need to see is some brave, spirited, passionate football. We need to see that right now Brendan. Its not good enough to just set up to play damage limitation football, and hope that we can muddle through. Your team need to be showing NOW, in no uncertain terms, that last season's mediocrity was a blip.

They aren't showing it. So far this season we've had 1 good performance against Arsenal, and the rest mediocre or worse.
      I'm at the end of my tether with it as a fan now.
      I hope the owners are too. Another 3 or 4 games I think, to find some bottle and some passion is about all we can put up with.
      Our biggest rivals and, again, we didnt turn up in the first half.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #701: Sep 12, 2015 08:34:28 pm
      Let's not forget that was (as someone said) probably the worst Utd side in the last 25 years.

Carrick and Schwartz whatever his name is didn't even break sweat !!..

I don't see any way out of this for Rodgers...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,991 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #702: Sep 12, 2015 08:46:21 pm
      I can't remember feeling this low, probably the Hodgeson era, it's just so f***in awful,  no fight. No passion, no anger shown by Rodgers in his post match interview,  that in itself tells me he cannot instill any kind of motivation to his players, Why?,  because the players themselves can't work in a system that has square pegs in round holes,
      The fact Rodgers persists with this failing system is worrying,  it means he is either to scared to change it, or he feels that by sticking to his guns it will work eventually,
      It won't, but he's to blind to see it,either way, what's blatantly obvious is he is completely out of his depth and I think he knows it,

He has to go now, admit defeat and bow out with a decorum of respect,
      I'd be inclined to let S O'd and Gary mac run things in the interim,
      Until a fit and proper knows what he's doing manager starts yet another rebuild,

Jog on Brendan!

YNWA

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #703: Sep 12, 2015 08:46:45 pm

No but it's one of those things that made us supposedly "the most knowledgeable fans in football" because we have the ability to applaud even a good goal from our most hated rivals.

It's not on the level of Thierry Henry taking the piss out of Carragher at Highbury, but it was a good goal.

I must have missed the days when our fans would applaud Utd for beating us.  :roll:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #704: Sep 12, 2015 08:58:30 pm
      I must have missed the days when our fans would applaud Utd for beating us.  :roll:

Now you're just moving the F***ing goalposts you tit. We were talking about the F***ing Martial goal, not them actually beating us!!

I've appluaded a United goal at Anfield before - Mata's last season was one and I wasn't the only one!!

Some of us still know the old ways.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #705: Sep 12, 2015 09:00:01 pm
      Now you're just moving the f**king goalposts you tit. We were talking about the f**king Martial goal, not them actually beating us!!

I've appluaded a United goal at Anfield before - Mata's last season was one and I wasn't the only one!!

Some of us still know the old ways.

banging on about his goal as if it matters when we have had a really bad day says it all mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,520 posts | 8685 
      Reply #706: Sep 12, 2015 09:02:18 pm
      banging on about his goal as if it matters when we have had a really bad day says it all mate.

I know - if I start going on about our actual problems might as well find a post about last season and repost that, just change the names of players!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #707: Sep 12, 2015 09:03:55 pm
      Games like this make me realise that we were lucky to have witnessed Carra and Gerrard at the club.

Oh and I miss when Brendan tried systems to get the best of of the players he had.

4-4-2 diamond or 3-4-3 would have been better than the sh*t served in the guise of 4-2-3-1.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #708: Sep 12, 2015 09:06:27 pm
      What a weekend to be an Evertonian.  Well lets pick ourselves up and move on. I'm no Rodgers expert, he did seem capable and the 13/14 season seemed like a turnaround, so whats gone wrong since then?  We cannot afford to drop points so early in the season.  Of course we'll improve (we have to) and others will drop off in the latter part of the season, but these losses could prove crucial at the end of the season.  I seem to recall that 13/14 was'nt a good start either but look what happened......
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #709: Sep 12, 2015 09:06:43 pm
      Games like this make me realise that we were lucky to have witnessed Carra and Gerrard at the club.

Can you imagine the carnage at half time if Carragher was still playing
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #710: Sep 12, 2015 09:07:07 pm
      We need an experienced interim manager to come in if we can't get the Klopps or Ancelottis of this world. As long as Brendan is our manager, there is no way forward. I'd be happy for Harry Redknapp to come in as interim. At least you're guaranteed he can fire the players up!
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #711: Sep 12, 2015 09:07:46 pm
      What a weekend to be an Evertonian.  Well lets pick ourselves up and move on. I'm no Rodgers expert, he did seem capable and the 13/14 season seemed like a turnaround, so whats gone wrong since then?  We cannot afford to drop points so early in the season.  Of course we'll improve (we have to) and others will drop off in the latter part of the season, but these losses could prove crucial at the end of the season.  I seem to recall that 13/14 was'nt a good start either but look what happened......

you do know that Suarez has gone and Stevie has also gone and Sterling has gone
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #712: Sep 12, 2015 09:08:08 pm
      Can you imagine the carnage at half time if Carragher was still playing

Yep. No fight in the club. At any level.

Quick Reply