Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Watching Liverpool FC

Will Always Be a Joy For Me
      8 (12.3%)
      Tests Me But I've Loyalty
      20 (30.8%)
      Pains Me Cause of What I See
      33 (50.8%)
      For How Much, No It's Not For Me
      0 (0%)
      A Slowly Fading Memory
      4 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Sep 17, 2015 04:58:09 pm

Watching Liverpool FC

Read 12592 times
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Watching Liverpool FC
      Sep 14, 2015 04:58:09 pm
      Cheer up, it's only a poll.
      Where are you at with Liverpool?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Re: Watching Liverpool FC
      Reply #1: Sep 14, 2015 05:06:28 pm
      Pains me cause of what I see.

Its becoming a bit of a chore to watch the turgid sh*te we've had to watch over the last year.

If I was a regular at the ground I'd seriously be considering of it was worth the money.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #2: Sep 14, 2015 05:11:52 pm

Its becoming a bit of a chore to watch the turgid sh*te we've had to watch over the last year.

If I was a regular at the ground I'd seriously be considering of it was worth the money.

Same here Si.....it's paining me too  :(

Trying to decide whether its worth me getting a ticket for the Sion game tomorrow, can I be bothered if the players can't :confused-smiley-013:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,657 posts | 3891 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #3: Sep 14, 2015 05:11:58 pm

That's another question.
      Are the big names there to justify the cost?

Alonso, Mascherano, Torres.
      Agger and Reina (For me anyway)
      Gerrard and Suarez.
      Even Sterling.

The big names have gone, and only the Little Magician remains.
      One season where it clicks and Coutinho will be gone too.
      Where is the ambition that should soak through LFC?

Same here Si.....it's paining me too  :(

Trying to decide whether its worth me getting a ticket for the Sion game tomorrow, can I be bothered if the players can't :confused-smiley-013:

That's the thing.
      Suarez was worth the admission price on his own.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #4: Sep 14, 2015 05:30:19 pm
      That's another question.
      Are the big names there to justify the cost?

Alonso, Mascherano, Torres.
      Agger and Reina (For me anyway)
      Gerrard and Suarez.
      Even Sterling.

The big names have gone, and only the Little Magician remains.
      One season where it clicks and Coutinho will be gone too.
      Where is the ambition that should soak through LFC?

That's the thing.

Its a good point mate but personally if I was close enough to Anfield to justify buying tickets on a regular basis big names wouldn't sway but much for me but if I was continually watching drab football with little sign if progress if be thinking if it was worth my money.

Obviously players like Luis make watching football a joy but you can achieve attractive football with lesser players.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Sep 14, 2015 05:39:12 pm
      It's hard going at the moment but i will always come back for more irrespective of who the manager or owners are or who is playing. Lfc have given me some of my happiest memories so although it feels like an obligation at times i feel that i have to give something back
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Sep 14, 2015 05:56:58 pm

That's the thing.

Absolutely....oh if only we still had him !!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8660 
      Reply #7: Sep 14, 2015 06:17:09 pm
      Liverpool FC -

A very, very slowly fading memory.

Everything about the club I grew up with and learnt about has virtually been wiped out.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #8: Sep 14, 2015 06:17:42 pm
      It's a pain these days and for me feels like you're watching it...well just because it's Liverpool.

It's boring to watch us, and more than that it's going into the games knowing you're going to be watching us struggle no matter who we play that is the worst feeling for me.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 491 
      Reply #9: Sep 14, 2015 06:26:31 pm
      West Ham game killed all the optimism i had.

Manu game went as i thought it would(Sadly).

For now it pains me to watch us play badly but i hope things would change soon.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #10: Sep 14, 2015 06:31:44 pm
      As sh*t as we are it will always be a joy for me.

I still get the same buzz at 27 years of age walking to the ground as I did when I was 7.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #11: Sep 14, 2015 06:31:58 pm
      Liverpool FC -

Everything about the club I grew up with and learnt about has virtually been wiped out.

In all honesty its probably all gone now what is left is just a shadow of what the club used to be and what it stood for.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,335 posts | 4960 
      Reply #12: Sep 14, 2015 06:35:47 pm
      As sh*t as we are it will always be a joy for me.

I still get the same buzz at 27 years of age walking to the ground as I did when I was 7.

Fair play to you mate.

I can't share your enthusiasm at the moment though.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #13: Sep 14, 2015 06:41:20 pm
      Really becoming painful under the current manager, test the patience of a saint at times, not that I profess to be a one by any means. On the subject perhaps too many ex saints in the side.
      Redtrader
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 124 posts | 29 
      Reply #14: Sep 14, 2015 06:57:32 pm
      The buzz of going to a match, walk up, in the pub and afterwards dissecting the match is still there, but the match itself whether live or on the telly is painful. Simply because I feel we are going backwards and not utilising our players to their maximum.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #15: Sep 14, 2015 07:04:12 pm
      For me the anticipation is still the same as it ever was. I always look forward eagerly to our next game.

Where things have really changed for me is the expectation is no longer the same. I always used to expect a Liverpool win no matter who we were playing or how badly we had played the last time out, but now my expectations have diminished and while the hope is still there it is more rationalized.

I have never been a football purist, I have always preferred us to win however we can, rather than play well and lose, but the dire football we have endured towards the end of last season and the start of this one has even tried my patience, but again maybe more for the lack of success that has accompanied it.

The biggest problem for me however is the lack of "hero's" for want of a better term. Now Gerrard has gone, for me there is only little Coutinho at the moment. Too many new players and not enough players who have built a history with us has taken something away from my enjoyment.

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #16: Sep 14, 2015 08:06:25 pm
      Not even the thought of the new stand has me buzzing , our soul is being eroded quicker than an ebbing tide, I've said before I've driven hundreds of miles and seen us lose plenty of times but in all those times I never thought on the way we would lose , now it's common that I expect us too ,
      Perhaps I'm being too emotional over it but I hate what them c###s  have done to us and I include the first lot in that as well, as for Brendan he makes me want to put my foot through the telly , like I said perhaps too emotional , but I've always been that way with this bird .
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #17: Sep 14, 2015 08:12:41 pm
      Not even the thought of the new stand has me buzzing , our soul is being eroded quicker than an ebbing tide, I've said before I've driven hundreds of miles and seen us lose plenty of times but in all those times I never thought on the way we would lose , now it's common that I expect us too , perhaps I'm being too emotional over it but I hate what them c###s  have done to us and I include the first lot in that as well, as for Brendan he makes me want to put my foot through the telly , like I said perhaps too emotional , but I've always been that way with this bird .

If you cant get emotional whats the point. For many of us and I am sure you are the same its been a focal point of our lives for decades it is a constant in family conversation. But now its all about what does he have to do to get sacked followed by many expletives. They sacked Kenny for non football reasons because he was more succesful and spent less than Brendan .
      The only reason I have Sky is so I can see the odd match its getting to the point were you ask if it is worth it. After many years of going to Anfield I dont get there much these days and I am not that bothered at the moment if I dont get there again.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #18: Sep 14, 2015 08:21:43 pm
      The thing is, these creeps use our passion against us. Every penny we give em, means they ask for more from us/anyone else when "we" (the company) is sold on.

If we stopped feeding the leeches, they'd be overcome with being "Mr Niceguy".

They took over the assets and the revenue, and I'm still waiting for them to fix the disease they are responsible for fixing. Instead, they have simply accelerated it.

They wont get the steam off my piss.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #19: Sep 14, 2015 08:24:43 pm
      If you cant get emotional whats the point. For many of us and I am sure you are the same its been a focal point of our lives for decades it is a constant in family conversation. But now its all about what does he have to do to get sacked followed by many expletives. They sacked Kenny for non football reasons because he was more succesful and spent less than Brendan .
      The only reason I have Sky is so I can see the odd match its getting to the point were you ask if it is worth it. After many years of going to Anfield I dont get there much these days and I am not that bothered at the moment if I dont get there again.
      You're right about the family bit mate ,my dad has been on the phone from Spain tonight  chatting about the game the last time I heard him like this was when the owl was in charge to say he not happy is an understatement .
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #20: Sep 14, 2015 08:29:09 pm
      You're right about the family bit mate ,my dad has been on the phone from Spain tonight  chatting about the game the last time I heard him like this was when the owl was in charge to say he not happy is an understatement .

its the first thing you ask "did you see the match?". I guess your Dad will be old enough to understand what a team and a manager should look like and I bet he doesnt think we have either at the moment
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #21: Sep 14, 2015 08:40:14 pm
      Always a joy for me but can feel a little bit of "tests me" dripping in. We're in a down turn, but nothing ever lasts forever, good or bad.

The reality is I like football. I like watching it, I like playing it, I like coaching it, I like writing about it, I like reading about it, I like discussing it, etc. I'll never stop liking it. The only thing I like more is the guitar. That's my first love.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #22: Sep 14, 2015 08:52:48 pm
      Liverpool FC -

Where I'm at Pete, unrecognisable we have become, I hardly watch us play & only look at for the score now.

The sacking of Rafa was the beginning of our demise & I don't think we will ever hit those dizzy heights of Europe for a very long time.

Quick Reply