Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Watching Liverpool FC

Will Always Be a Joy For Me
      8 (12.3%)
      Tests Me But I've Loyalty
      20 (30.8%)
      Pains Me Cause of What I See
      33 (50.8%)
      For How Much, No It's Not For Me
      0 (0%)
      A Slowly Fading Memory
      4 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Sep 17, 2015 04:58:09 pm

Watching Liverpool FC

Read 12572 times
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Re: Watching Liverpool FC
      Reply #46: Sep 15, 2015 09:50:18 am
      I voted "will always be a joy for me"

But I need to caveat that by preceding the phase with... "Before Kick Off it....
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #47: Sep 15, 2015 10:10:42 am
      I have stopped supporting Liverpool

You're on the wrong forum then.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #48: Sep 15, 2015 10:58:21 am
      The club in the present day is only a shadow of its former self, people need to acknowledge this. When something will change, starting with the man in charge of the team and finishing with the board of directors, only then we will see this club reemerge like a Pheonix from its ashes. We need someone who could inspire people and bring out hope for our fans. In the current setup, with the confidence our players and fans have, we will never win a trophy again.

If the yanks can't see there is something painfully wrong with how our club is being ran, then they can f**k off and stick to baseball.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #49: Sep 15, 2015 11:12:16 am
      Money in football is like drugs in cycling. In cycling if you want to compete you either take the drugs, stop everyone taking the drugs, or just accept you wont win much. In football if you want to compete you either spend the money, stop everyone from spending the money or just accept you wont win much. We have already tried stopping the spending (ffp) and that didn't work so the choice is spend the F***ing money or accept you wont win much ... I think we all know which option FSG picked.

100% saint. The money is there they just chose to be smart arse with it: protecting investment instead of trying to win.

Play the game or F**k off. It's that F***ing simple.

Truth is: I find it dismaying that there are still mugs being hoodwinked into believing that FSG are on some noble quest to, unilaterally, rewrite the 'rules' and therefore, somehow deserve praise.   :-\

Five F***ing years under these charlatans next month... The only thing which has improved (and massively at that)? The value of their investment. 

On topic - I'm loyal so option #2 but I'm also loyal enough to have made a conscious decision not to go back to Anfield til they've fu**ed off. The couple of grand it costs me, a season, will be better spent elsewhere.

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #50: Sep 15, 2015 11:18:16 am
      What did it for me was when he said he no longer supported Liverpool.

You don't just stop....

A true fan CAN'T stop mate, but get your sentiment !
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #51: Sep 15, 2015 11:34:54 am

Oh yes.

Actually its made me think of the things that I've enjoyed watching this year more than the reds.

F1, Open golf, bikes and tennis have gave me more enjoyment this year than my first love which is always football.

Hate feeling like this as I do love the game and the club.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #52: Sep 15, 2015 11:37:01 am
      Oh yes.

Actually its made me think of the things that I've enjoyed watching this year more than the reds.

F1, Open golf, bikes and tennis have gave me more enjoyment this year than my first love which is always football.

Hate feeling like this as I do love the game and the club.

This season has made me get the head down into Motorsport.
      Any Motorsport to get enjoyment from the sports that I watch.

Get the head into those and forget about analysing LFC.
      Otherwise it would be bloody miserable.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #53: Sep 15, 2015 11:38:48 am
      This season has made me get the head down into Motorsport.
      Any Motorsport to get enjoyment from the sports that I watch.

Get the head into those and forget about analysing LFC.
      Otherwise it would be bloody miserable.

Yep.

I remember saying to you that I had made a decision to make more time to get back into watching F1 properly this season and I did that.

Probably because I needed something to switch off from where LFC was concerned as much as anything.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 33,654 posts | 3888 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #54: Sep 15, 2015 11:42:27 am
      Yep.

I remember saying to you that I had made a decision to make more time to get back into watching F1 properly this season and I did that.

Probably because I needed something to switch off from where LFC was concerned as much as anything.

Exactly.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #55: Sep 15, 2015 12:04:34 pm

I think it deps on what you mean by "support". Many of us refuse to support the company. And think that by giving them money, it will only harm the institution ie the club in the future.

I don't give the company my money. Or rather, my tickets go to real fans, so its cannibalising (ok to a tiny degree!) the Thomas Cook type revenue stream.

Many/most of us would never have started supporting Liverpool the company if it existed back then, the way it does now.

To many of us, the club/institution means far too much to us to encourage its captors/"owners" to continue their abuse of it.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #56: Sep 15, 2015 12:37:37 pm
      I think it deps on what you mean by "support".

I think the tone of the post by the original poster showed what he meant, he's basically had enough of modern football and I sort of get that. The maxim used by some of us going crazy over a bunch of millionaires kicking a bag of air around is well used and if looked at outside the realms of the love of our club does actually hold water. How many matches have you watched (all, not just us) and thought 'brilliant match that', they're few and far between but the hype just grows and grows. Reality like so many things in this modern, social led society is so blurred that it's just a concept now.

Having said all that, you can't stop 'supporting' Liverpool FC, it's a birth right and come what may your stuck with it for life.
      « Last Edit: Sep 15, 2015 12:58:18 pm by LFCexiled »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #57: Sep 15, 2015 01:16:12 pm
      I think it deps on what you mean by "support". Many of us refuse to support the company.

I think we mean watch/go the match!!

Does anyone really give a F**k about the company. It's what happens on the pitch.

AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #58: Sep 15, 2015 02:06:24 pm
      I think we mean watch/go the match!!

Does anyone really give a f**k about the company. It's what happens on the pitch.

This is it. The company has a stranglehold over the club, and is harming it and refusing to heal it. Or even let others (eg fan investors) help heal it.

Then there's the "it might have to get worse before it gets better" aspect. If BR is sacked, does that mean FSG have now become "the good guys". Ofcourse not.

If we cut off Fenway's money, things can improve. I mean there aren't even any stars left to sell these days.

To me, they might wear red, they might sport the liver bird. They might play at Anfield. But can I really say its "Liverpool FC" whilst its held captive and humiliated by mickey mouse teams like WHam and Stoke all the time?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #59: Sep 15, 2015 05:06:41 pm
      Will always be a joy for me.....

....well, I do have a penchant sadomasochism.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #60: Sep 15, 2015 05:24:53 pm

you just havent found your pain threshold. give it time.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #61: Sep 15, 2015 05:27:08 pm

I don't know, I've had trips to the dentist more entertaining than the first half on Saturday.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #62: Sep 15, 2015 08:21:00 pm
      Will always watch but it's becoming embarrassing
      LFCexiled
      Reply #63: Sep 15, 2015 08:25:40 pm
      you just havent found your pain threshold. give it time.

Or rectal razor blades.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #64: Sep 19, 2015 04:13:40 pm
      ....is a chore
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #65: Sep 20, 2015 04:33:35 am
      What did it for me was when he said he no longer supported Liverpool.

You don't just stop....

In fairness, I have stopped for a reason, there is no love here, whereas before I loved the idea that any grievance I used to have with the club could be shared, we are divided now, for the reasons I mentioned.

I noticed how quick people where to jump on this point, and how many dont support England, and yet during the Olympics here any bad word said was shot down in an instant!

Its all hypocrisy, and posts shooting down my "I dont support Liverpool anymore" give it credence to what I have said. Just read the Brendan Rodgers insults, just read the FSG insults, what it comes down to is money, shallow supporters, and todays game in general.

The Liverpool, indeed the game I used to know have changed a lot. There was a point in time when we, as supporters came first, both for the clubs and the league.

Now, we dont.

Take offence by all means, but I am sick and tired of being taken for a ride, which we all are.

I am done with our game, its all money. Its all bullshit.

When Rooney becomes Englands top scorer you know something is seriously wrong here in our game.

When players like Sterling holds a club to ransom, you know something is wrong.

So forgive me if I dont want to be a part of our once called "beautiful game", because now, its just ugly.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #66: Sep 20, 2015 12:12:09 pm
      In fairness, I have stopped for a reason, there is no love here, whereas before I loved the idea that any grievance I used to have with the club could be shared, we are divided now, for the reasons I mentioned.

I noticed how quick people where to jump on this point, and how many dont support England, and yet during the Olympics here any bad word said was shot down in an instant!

Its all hypocrisy, and posts shooting down my "I dont support Liverpool anymore" give it credence to what I have said. Just read the Brendan Rodgers insults, just read the FSG insults, what it comes down to is money, shallow supporters, and todays game in general.

The Liverpool, indeed the game I used to know have changed a lot. There was a point in time when we, as supporters came first, both for the clubs and the league.

Now, we dont.

Take offence by all means, but I am sick and tired of being taken for a ride, which we all are.

I am done with our game, its all money. Its all bullshit.

When Rooney becomes Englands top scorer you know something is seriously wrong here in our game.

When players like Sterling holds a club to ransom, you know something is wrong.

So forgive me if I dont want to be a part of our once called "beautiful game", because now, its just ugly.

LFC is in my veins lad and always will be regardless if they play in the Premier league or end up in Conference I still won't give up I still will love and support my club.

You'll Never Walk Alone is a way of life not a "slogan" you try and associate yourself with when your team is winning only.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #67: Sep 20, 2015 12:25:07 pm
      LFC is in my veins lad and always will be regardless if they play in the Premier league or end up in Conference I still won't give up I still will love and support my club.

You'll Never Walk Alone is a way of life not a "slogan" you try and associate yourself with when your team is winning only.

Amen.

While I will say the passion for our football is not exactly high at the moment - inevitable when you're struggling, one will always be more trepidatious in their hope when the product is struggling - but my passion for the club will never waver. I still get excited every time I see XI men of Liverpool take the field, no matter who those men in the shirts may be.

It F***ing sucks to watch much more often than it used to, but I will never stop hoping it'll be at the glorious heights of the past again. In the meantime? I'll wear my tear stained jersey, drink many ales, and toast to the good times and the bad with my fellow reds. YNWA motherfuckers.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #68: Sep 20, 2015 01:26:07 pm
      Watching them on TV is hard, of late, but I live for the 6-12 times a season that I get to see them live, especially at Anfield.  Don't know if I've been lucky or the city and people are as great as I think they are, but I've not had a bad trip yet, results may not always have been so good.

Quick Reply