Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Will we miss Harry Kewell?

Yes
      (16.5%)
      No
      (83.5%)

Harry Kewell (Liverpool - > Galatasaray)

Read 36337 times
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Re: The Official Harry Kewell thread
      Reply #69: Feb 08, 2008 07:27:11 pm

I have heard Rafa is looking for other player to replace Kewell. He considers J.Cole for Kewell's place.
      Is it true?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #70: Feb 08, 2008 08:00:10 pm
      Not heard a dicky bird about this, not even on the BBC gossip (randomly made up rubbish) page. I presume it's Joe Cole, can't see it my self, can you? Kissing the Liver Bird. No not a chance. I like Kewell but he's just injured too much for a serious option in the team.
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #71: Feb 08, 2008 08:06:58 pm
      Yes, it's about Joe Cole who can't decide what to do with his future and wants to play in the team in CL
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,264 posts | 2859 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #72: Feb 08, 2008 08:17:53 pm
      Will be VERY shocked if he comes to Liverpool.
      ste_macca
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,175 posts | 22 
      Reply #73: Feb 08, 2008 08:56:50 pm
      Will be VERY shocked if he comes to Liverpool.

Yeah will be a bit of a shock, wouldn't mind seeing him here tho. Does anyone no if we have tried to sign him in the past??
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #74: Feb 08, 2008 08:58:04 pm
      Not heard a dicky bird about this, not even on the BBC gossip (randomly made up rubbish) page. I presume it's Joe Cole, can't see it my self, can you? Kissing the Liver Bird. No not a chance. I like Kewell but he's just injured too much for a serious option in the team.

From the Liverpool Daily Post

JOE COLE is said to be a summer target for Rafa Benitez.

The unsettled Chelsea midfielder is apparently in Benitez's sights to take over from Harry Kewell.

Cole is said to want to move to a team which will be playing Champions League football next season

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/02/06/lfc-rumour-mill-xabi-alonso-back-to-spain-joe-cole-to-liverpool-and-lfc-miss-out-64375-20444386/

Cant see it myself just more media hype

getting back  :ontopic: I think this is Harrys last Season as a red, its a great shame he has had so many injuries and never really showed how good he could be, he made such a promising start in his first season
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #75: Feb 08, 2008 09:15:17 pm
      Has to be just hype, I could bet my left ball that won't move here. I won't though just incase.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #76: Feb 08, 2008 09:47:53 pm
      He has wanted him before though so not definately just hype. Has been reported as being interested in buying him before and Jose wouldnt let him leave.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #77: Feb 09, 2008 01:05:55 am
      getting back  :ontopic: I think this is Harrys last Season as a red, its a great shame he has had so many injuries and never really showed how good he could be, he made such a promising start in his first season

Agreed. I certainly think it's a matter of months until Kewell has gone to the likes of Reading or Wigan. Just wasn't meant to be was it. I think it's fair to say, his best days for football was at Leeds. His best days for getting paid was at Liverpool - not entirely his fault I know. But I bet he wishes it was the other way round.

All that said, he'll lose any remaining respect if he doesn't pull his weight when picked til the end of the season...

Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #78: Feb 09, 2008 10:45:08 am
      His performances so far this season certainly haven't set the world on fire, maybe hes saving himself for a big Final ;)
      justice96
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #79: Feb 09, 2008 10:52:57 pm
      Harry will leave at the end of the season, but not before he scores vital goals against .... Arsenal (away win) and Manchester United (away win)
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #80: Feb 11, 2008 08:08:47 am
      benitez signed babel as a LW for kewell so i dont think he'll be buying another winger, i personally reckon its rubbish, i like kewell and in most games hes been back hes had some good shows. benitez is still a fan of his and im hoping he pulls his weight, so to speak with out getting injured.

tho IF cole does come here he'll be a good player
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #81: Feb 11, 2008 08:27:54 am
      Rafa said he had the rest of the season to earn a new contract, and to date he's done nothing of the sort. Like most I feel he'll be gone in the summer, and we'll get a replacement for sure, Rafa's not gonna leave us with Babel as the only option.

Joe Cole would be brilliant, but who can see Chelsea selling us a player that will make us a better team?
      Olliver
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 778 posts | 11 
      Reply #82: Feb 11, 2008 07:16:18 pm
      I like Kewell. Some matches with him he showed great performance that showed he is still fine quality player! I would like to see him in Liverpool then!
      He will be able what he really is!

I agree, EddieC, Cole is an option too. He is a quality player too, but he isn't satisfied with the role of sub in Chelsea side. So everything is possible. I don't think Chelsea consider the selling Cole to us will make stronger!
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #83: Feb 27, 2008 11:47:58 pm
      Kewell's changed his boots from Nomis to Nikes (dont know which model though). Seems like everyones wearing Nikes since the laser came out, not comlaining they are a an excellent boot.  :)
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #84: Feb 28, 2008 12:07:29 am
      Yeah i saw his change of boots too, was kinda suprised to be honest.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #85: Feb 28, 2008 12:08:07 am
      Rafa said he had the rest of the season to earn a new contract, and to date he's done nothing of the sort. Like most I feel he'll be gone in the summer, and we'll get a replacement for sure, Rafa's not gonna leave us with Babel as the only option.

Joe Cole would be brilliant, but who can see Chelsea selling us a player that will make us a better team?

Why not? I mean Chelsea and Arsenal sell players to eachother and they are London rivals. It only really seems to be Scumchester United that are reluctant to sell to other top teams in the prem, E.g. Them preventing us from getting Heinze, although I do actually have a feeling Rafa might sign him in the summer as a replacement for Riise.

As for Kewell I think that there is a good chance he will get a new deal, maybe only a 1 year extention but at least its something. Rafa seems to like him because he was supporting him 100% through all his injury problems and kept faith and he has done well when he has played this season and he is stayng injury free. Peresonally i feel he should be given the new contract, but only if we are not able to get in a world class replacement first.
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #86: Feb 28, 2008 12:12:06 am
      I dont think we will get joe cole, i think arsenal and chelsea only sold to eachother because they both were benefiting. Chelsea wouldnt sell to us, he would be more of a replacement for kewell than riise.

I dont think kewell should stay to be honest, he isnt a matchwinning player, doesnt have his pace anymore and doest take players on anymore. If we can get a good replacement i think he should go.
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #87: Feb 28, 2008 12:30:17 am
      If we cant get Silva or Cole in for Kewell then i think he will get a new contract, i cant see rafa selling him otherwise.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #88: Feb 28, 2008 12:40:47 pm
      To be honest Harry has impressed me a bit this season. He seems to have regained his thirst for football and against Man City he was ripping the left wing up !!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #89: Feb 29, 2008 03:08:50 pm
      His Mrs was on Radio City news today saying how she's not sure whether she'll be living in Liverpool soon. As much as she wants to. Apparently it's 'all up in the air'.

Will this thread be locked at the end of the season?
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #90: Mar 02, 2008 02:22:25 am
      i think harrys as good as gone,unless he has a blinder for the rest of the season. simple fact is he has never done anything for liverpool to suggest he deserves to stay. dont get me wrong i like the guy and feel sorry for him with his injuries but theres no room for sentiment and we'd be better off selling him come june and try and get a few quid back. would be surprised if we got j.cole but delighted if we did, he really is a top player, i wouldnt care where he came from
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Reply #91: Mar 02, 2008 02:25:55 am
      He's got to go in the summer. Even if he is fit he's been at the club long enough. We need someone new, fresh and raring to go.

Quick Reply