Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Football Manager 2016

Read 70795 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Football Manager 2016
      Reply #92: Jan 26, 2016 11:53:04 pm
      Looking good mate. I've just started the off season and looking at players to buy. I bought Shelvey for a couple of mil, Flanagan for 2.5m, Rajkovic for about 3.5m and Sturaro for 6.5m. I got a war chest to go into battle with, about 58m haha! The only problem is, a LOT of the players I'm about won't join. I wanted Chadli but he was happy where he was despite being transfer listed. I think I'll be signing Mahrez thought for about 13-16m.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #93: Jan 27, 2016 07:13:45 am
      I still wait for the final update before i'll buy it, i bought the last 2 versions on release day but decided to wait on this one. I heard it will be released around mid-february.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #94: Jan 27, 2016 07:39:16 am
      Looking good mate. I've just started the off season and looking at players to buy. I bought Shelvey for a couple of mil, Flanagan for 2.5m, Rajkovic for about 3.5m and Sturaro for 6.5m. I got a war chest to go into battle with, about 58m haha! The only problem is, a LOT of the players I'm about won't join. I wanted Chadli but he was happy where he was despite being transfer listed. I think I'll be signing Mahrez thought for about 13-16m.

That's the sh*t thing about being a team not in premier league at the start. All the gems are gone and your targets rarely want to join.

That's why I'm trying to get as much quality now for free and slightly higher wages. Lots of scouting and swooping on unhappy players.

I still wait for the final update before i'll buy it, i bought the last 2 versions on release day but decided to wait on this one. I heard it will be released around mid-february.

Yeah about then.

I admire your strength. The bugs are annoying but I have to play still :D
      veselier
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #95: Jan 27, 2016 03:37:48 pm
      I'm playing with Liverpool. I have played 7 games and grabbed 4 points so far ffs. I have just scored 3 goal and that was first week against Stoke but i lost 4-3. I sold lallana, skrtel and bought Texeira, Donnarumma, Sandro and Geromel. Benteke, Firmino, Clyne, Sturridge,  Coutinho, Henderson got injured. This game makes me sick . for example Ryan Mason is €20M this is so ridiculous. Any suggestions lads ? I really need one.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #96: Jan 27, 2016 03:46:54 pm
      8 games in after promotion and sitting top with 7 wins. Beaten Aston Villa and Norwich who just came down from the Premier League as well as Wolves, Fulham and Brighton. Lost to Cardiff though but they're all teams who should be challenging for promotion.

Transfers in:

Only transfers out that you'd probably know are Anthony Gerrard who i got for free but let go for £100k to Sheffield United and Gavin Gunning who i also got for free and went to Gillingham for £250k.

Tactics:

Jota looks like a very good player for that level
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #97: Jan 28, 2016 02:14:16 am

Probably good enough for a mid table club in the Premier League. Hasn't really done much for me yet but hoping he clicks soon.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #98: Jan 28, 2016 06:45:13 am
      Couldn't resist until the update and bought it yesterday, i'm thinking when coming back from work at starting a save with either of Swansea, Southampton, Newcastle or Stoke.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #99: Jan 28, 2016 07:04:34 pm

Probably good enough for a mid table club in the Premier League. Hasn't really done much for me yet but hoping he clicks soon.

Broke his foot and out for four months anyway. Lovely.

End of January and still clinging on to top spot. Brought in Tom Carroll for free, Jesse Lingard for £1.7m in instalments and Ryan Tunnicliffe as well as some striker as back up for Gayle.

About to play against Brighton who are second and then Cardiff three days later who are fourth. Lets go!
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #100: Jan 28, 2016 07:12:53 pm
      Havent bought an FM since 2012. I've read the latest instalments have myriad problems, is the latest one still the same? I've read alot about stupid players in the match engine, over the top injury lists and all the usual complaints. Do you guys play it in spite of those issues, or are they not as bad as some reviews make out?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #101: Jan 28, 2016 07:43:39 pm
      Havent bought an FM since 2012. I've read the latest instalments have myriad problems, is the latest one still the same? I've read alot about stupid players in the match engine, over the top injury lists and all the usual complaints. Do you guys play it in spite of those issues, or are they not as bad as some reviews make out?

The game could look like FIFA 96 and i'd still play it :D

I really like this year's. Still annoying transfer market and the injuries seem to be periodical whereby you either have no injuries or half a dozen come at once.

But they're making progress with the game for sure.

BTW Swindon beat Brighton away 1-0 and Cardiff 4-0 at home! 7 points clear after 30 games.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #102: Jan 28, 2016 08:50:39 pm
      Nice one crouchie. Been flirting with this one for a while and just seen it for 26 quid online so might pick it up and dive in. See you in 6 months  xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #103: Jan 29, 2016 11:48:00 am
      Back to back promotions!! Now to try and clinch the Championship title on the way.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #104: Jan 30, 2016 02:48:20 pm
      F**k this game. I swear it sometimes decides you won't win no matter what for periods. No matter what i do, nothing works.

I was against a 9 man Leicester and created one chance in 30 minutes and they F***ing had more possession in that time? F**k off.

It's just ridiculous.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #105: Feb 02, 2016 10:56:55 am
      Relegated. F***ing sh*t heads.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #106: Feb 02, 2016 12:12:57 pm

Unlucky mate bounce back straight away!

Started a game with Leeds cos I wanted a low expectation Championship club with good youth facilities and a couple of prospects. Went on a 5 match unbeaten run till I lost to Middlesborough last night.

How do you guys do things tactically? Do you change formation most games or just mentality/instruction? Im playing  4-1-4-1 and changing mentality, tempo, passing etc game by game.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #107: Feb 02, 2016 12:26:38 pm
      F**k this game. I swear it sometimes decides you won't win no matter what for periods. No matter what i do, nothing works.

I was against a 9 man Leicester and created one chance in 30 minutes and they F***ing had more possession in that time? F**k off.

It's just ridiculous.

I've had a similar experience mate. They defended and played better with 9 than my team did with 11 :D.

I spent a crazy amount of money in the summer and although my points and league position don't look that great, there has been a fair few tough fixtures. After 11 games I've won 3, drawn 5 and lost 3 but I've played Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Everton and Spurs. I got 1 win, 2 draws and 3 losses out of those games.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #108: Feb 02, 2016 03:16:42 pm
      Must be the first club in Championship history to have £135m worth of transfer dealings in one window :lmao:

Made £5m profit though :D

Had to sell a lot of them due to release clauses and them becoming unhappy we went down:

Hurt seeing Correa, Toloi, Savic and Carroll go but 3 of them came in the January window when we were last anyway and i made about £25m profit on them so not all bad.

Hopefully going straight back up. If not, i'm for sure sacked :D

Unlucky mate bounce back straight away!

Started a game with Leeds cos I wanted a low expectation Championship club with good youth facilities and a couple of prospects. Went on a 5 match unbeaten run till I lost to Middlesborough last night.

How do you guys do things tactically? Do you change formation most games or just mentality/instruction? Im playing  4-1-4-1 and changing mentality, tempo, passing etc game by game.

I keep the same shape but sometimes adjust my defensive line based on their strikers' pace, or maybe i switch from having wingers to inside forward to try and exploit the middle etc.

Then again i got relegated so don't take my word :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #109: Feb 02, 2016 03:47:13 pm
      Must be the first club in Championship history to have £135m worth of transfer dealings in one window :lmao:

Made £5m profit though :D

Had to sell a lot of them due to release clauses and them becoming unhappy we went down:

Hurt seeing Correa, Toloi, Savic and Carroll go but 3 of them came in the January window when we were last anyway and i made about £25m profit on them so not all bad.

Hopefully going straight back up. If not, i'm for sure sacked :D

I keep the same shape but sometimes adjust my defensive line based on their strikers' pace, or maybe i switch from having wingers to inside forward to try and exploit the middle etc.

Then again i got relegated so don't take my word :D

I love seeing crazy transfer windows like that :lmao: Is Toloi still a really good centre back? He used to be a quality player a few seasons ago on it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #110: Feb 02, 2016 03:57:44 pm
      I love seeing crazy transfer windows like that :lmao: Is Toloi still a really good centre back? He used to be a quality player a few seasons ago on it.

I loved him for the 6 months i had him and the 1 clean sheet we kept :lmao:

He was on £15k per week and i snared him for £1.8m i think it was from Inter. Cheap as chips and became my best defender after 2 games. Just won everything in the air or on the ground and could pass the ball.

Now i spent the money i got for him on Jamaal Lascelles :(
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #111: Feb 02, 2016 03:58:17 pm
      Glad I didn't invest in it this year, already stressed with work don't need the extra stress ;D
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #112: Feb 02, 2016 04:28:17 pm
      19/20 here's my team Liverpool team

GK : Courtois
      LB : Gaya
      DC : Varane/Sule
      DC : Rugani/Tah
      RB :Clyne

CM : Pogba
      CM : Tielmens/Hojberg
      CM : Henderson

AML : Neymar/Malcolm
      AMR : Sterling/Zivkovic

ST : Dyabla
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #113: Feb 02, 2016 04:28:57 pm
      Any good recommendations for players on the cheap? Championship level but preferably with the potential improve.

I've only got about 450k and about 15k wage budget left in the kitty.

Ideally looking for a striker, left back or GK. Any tips much appreciated
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #114: Feb 02, 2016 04:41:02 pm
      Any good recommendations for players on the cheap? Championship level but preferably with the potential improve.

I've only got about 450k and about 15k wage budget left in the kitty.

Ideally looking for a striker, left back or GK. Any tips much appreciated

Tough to say as a lot of it has to do with luck with players being transfer listed.

I had Jak Alnwick come in as keeper and did a good job even in the Prem. Brad Smith on loan is a good option, too. Maybe a good striker is available on loan.

Quick Reply