Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Crimewatch

Read 2135 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Crimewatch
      Oct 29, 2007 09:35:37 pm
      Seeing as it's on - just got me wondering...

Anybody ever rang in? Or recognised somebody? Or sh*t on a stick - been on it?
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: Crimewatch
      Reply #1: Oct 29, 2007 09:48:53 pm
      Not personally but that photo of Glenbuck in the what you look like thread looked very familiar  ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Oct 29, 2007 10:43:30 pm
      Haha nope. I'd be so scared if I saw someone I recognised tho!! :o Imagine!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #3: Oct 29, 2007 11:29:06 pm
      Someone I went to school with was on it years back.  ::) Wasn't surprised.....
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #4: Oct 30, 2007 12:08:23 pm
      THIS is someone I know, can't find the original crimewatch stuff but this article in The Mirror mentions that he was on there.

God I know some lovely people don't I?

:D :D :D
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #5: Oct 30, 2007 01:19:32 pm
      Somebody I Know got done for stealing last week...

what he would do is "Obtain/Find" a receipt ( left in a trolley) for an expensive item, walk into the store, pick up the same item, walk around for a bit then walk out with it, having a receipt for it...

the silly thing was, he never needed to as he had a very good, high paying job ( which he will now lose because of his police record)
      and was only doing it to see if he could get away with it....

IDIOT
      MsGerrard
      Reply #6: Oct 30, 2007 02:01:55 pm
      Somebody I Know got done for stealing last week...

what he would do is "Obtain/Find" a receipt ( left in a trolley) for an expensive item, walk into the store, pick up the same item, walk around for a bit then walk out with it, having a receipt for it...

the silly thing was, he never needed to as he had a very good, high paying job ( which he will now lose because of his police record)
      and was only doing it to see if he could get away with it....

IDIOT

What a fool, I wouldn't have the courage to do anything like that, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night, and I'd be terrified of getting caught.

Eddie, you know some dodgy characters mate!!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #7: Oct 30, 2007 02:53:38 pm

I used to be a right little scally when I was about 14 or 15 (back when I hung about with the guy I mentioned above) and that was one of my favourite tricks. You're right though, he is an idiot. I've got a decent job now & would never fream of doing something like that now.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Oct 30, 2007 07:19:00 pm
      Someone I went to school with was on it years back.  ::) Wasn't surprised.....

Thats what they all say  ;) :f_whistle:
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #9: Oct 30, 2007 08:39:15 pm
      I don't watch Crimewatch, because I get freaked out and get really scared :tv_horror:. But I don't know anyone that's been on it, I wouldn't hang out with them type of people.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,674 posts | 6968 
      Reply #10: Oct 30, 2007 09:51:58 pm
      I don't watch Crimewatch, because I get freaked out and get really scared :tv_horror:. But I don't know anyone that's been on it, I wouldn't hang out with them type of people.

But you could have innocently been the witness to events leading up to a crime... It's your public duty to watch it ;)
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #11: Oct 30, 2007 11:02:57 pm
      Well if they had it on at a less scary time maybe I'd watch it more hehe :P

My boyf is in the middle of a court case. Well, he's back in 2 weeks to finally get the verdict. It's for "theft & handling of stolen goods" because - he was out on his 19th birthday in JULY (!!) and was trashed off his face, outsdie Tiger Tiger, fell over.. [blank in his mind until..] gets arrested for shouting abuse at coppers, they keep him in over night and found a mobile phone and bank card on him that weren't his. Now he doesn't remember how the hell he got them, BUT we have concluded he probably saw them on the floor when he fell over and figured they were his; now I know he's bit of a thug but would never steal something off a person, and so many times in his work (Asda) he's found phones, wallets etc on the floor and taken them to customer services where customers can get them back. Mad.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #12: Oct 31, 2007 12:23:29 am

:D :D They certainly do! It was for robbing a jewellers in Southport. Shame really because he was a decent lad but got in with the wrong crowd.

Good luck to your fella Nic. Doesn't sound a very convincing tale that though. You'll have to put your foot down on him!! ;)
      5strs
      • Forum David Johnson

• 222 posts |
      Reply #13: Nov 06, 2007 02:51:20 pm
      Well if they had it on at a less scary time maybe I'd watch it more hehe :P

My boyf is in the middle of a court case. Well, he's back in 2 weeks to finally get the verdict. It's for "theft & handling of stolen goods" because - he was out on his 19th birthday in JULY (!!) and was trashed off his face, outsdie Tiger Tiger, fell over.. [blank in his mind until..] gets arrested for shouting abuse at coppers, they keep him in over night and found a mobile phone and bank card on him that weren't his. Now he doesn't remember how the hell he got them, BUT we have concluded he probably saw them on the floor when he fell over and figured they were his; now I know he's bit of a thug but would never steal something off a person, and so many times in his work (Asda) he's found phones, wallets etc on the floor and taken them to customer services where customers can get them back. Mad.
      Tell ya fella to sort his blag out,,,,SHARPISH!! >:D  or he won't be workin' in Asda no more :-[ He will still be done for,'Theft by Finding'.wish him good luck anyway Nick.I hope it dos'nt cost him his job,especially with Crimbo in a few weeks an all   :(
      « Last Edit: Nov 07, 2007 02:13:17 am by 5strs »
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Nov 09, 2007 04:19:03 pm
      Aw thanks guys :) It's annoying, he's back in court again in a few weeks, but probs won't get the verdict until after Christmas errr what the hell?! He's not worried about losing his job in Asda, the Leisure Centre is more important to him I think. I dunno. It's just a silly little thing and it's been blown up so much, whilst there are people being cruel to animals and they are fussing about a frigging fone and card >:(
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #15: Nov 09, 2007 04:31:13 pm
      Solicitors should have already mentioned this Nic, but the definition of theft includes the vital passage 'with the intent to permanently deprive the owner'. If he wasn't even aware that he had these items on him then how can there be any intent to deprive? The burden of proof is on the prosecution under the rules of innocent til proven guilty, so if it was me I would be going not guilty on this basis.

Also is he in the Crown Court or Magistrates? If he's at mag I hate to say it but he doesn't stand a chance, their mentality is that you're guilty the second the police charge you. If he still can, I would advise him to go to Crown, chances are with a case this size they'll just throw it out to save the expense if he goes for that option, and if they don't at least he'll get a fair trial.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #16: Nov 09, 2007 09:46:54 pm
      not on crimewatch but this happen a couple of streets from where I used to live, and I played Rugby with the bloke involved for a couple of years.

http://www.adver.co.uk/

MURDER UPDATE: Divers search lake
      By Hayley Court
      POLICE have recovered a black Range Rover from a lake in South Cerney in connection with last night's Rodbourne murder.

The body of 44-year-old Dawn Williams was discovered at her home in Fosse Close at 7.15pm on Thursday.

Police have launched a murder investigation and Dawn's boyfriend 42-year-old Andrew Veal - also known as Bruce - is helping officers with the inquiry.

Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #17: Nov 10, 2007 12:08:41 am
      ^ That's creepy. The uncle of someone I know's friend went to jail for about 10 years for.. 'abusing' some girls aged 14 even though they were dressed like tarts and came on to him. Although I don't think 'abusing' is the right word to use here.

I'm not sure Eddie, he has been to both Magistrates and Crown Court so I'm not sure which.. ??
      Apparently he definitely won't go to jail which I'm happy about. Prob some community service ?
      Yeah, he had no idea he had the phone and card on him until they showed him the next day, he didn't even remember like, but he vaguely remembers picking up 'something' from the floor as his mate(s) pulled him up.. ?
      Grr.

Quick Reply