Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who Will Take Charge?

JΓΌrgen Klopp
      (83.1%)
      Carlo Ancelotti
      (11.6%)
      Frank De Boer
      (2.2%)
      Somebody Else
      (3.1%)

The Next Manager of Liverpool FC?

Read 78367 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: The Next Manager of Liverpool FC?
      Reply #23: Oct 04, 2015 09:39:39 pm
      The guy who called The Rodgers sacking

Graeme Kelly ‏@GraemeKelly1  1m1 minute ago
      FSG have listen to the fans apparently. #Klopp to change things internally. #LFC #CommiteeStay

The only thing that will petrify us all is CommiteeStay?!?!?! Surely to F**k not.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #24: Oct 04, 2015 09:42:06 pm
      I will be nothing short of ecstatic if JΓΌrgen Klopp is appointed as the new manager of this great club.

Big club. Big character.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #25: Oct 04, 2015 09:44:54 pm
      The only thing that will petrify us all is CommiteeStay?!?!?! Surely to f**k not.

I suppose the committee would have to stay in place until we find a DOF.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #26: Oct 04, 2015 09:45:35 pm
      The only thing that will petrify us all is CommiteeStay?!?!?! Surely to F**k not.
      No point in changing the knickers if we don't wash the sh*t from our arse , committee out .

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #27: Oct 04, 2015 09:46:13 pm
      We need Klopp. He has the hunger for trophies in him.

Ancelotti won it all, i don't think he's a good solution for us. Won only 3 titles in his career as a manager.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #28: Oct 04, 2015 09:46:31 pm
      Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  7s8 seconds ago
      JΓΌrgen Klopp is the leading candidate to be named as Liverpool’s new manager. #lfc (James Pearce)

Ok now I'm getting slightly excited.

"I have a dream!"

We get Klopp
      We get Reus
      We get Draxler
      We win the CL

Might not be Martin Luther King but then again I'm not black so it's not exactly equal terms ;D
      (sarcasm)

That makes two of us excited!

Please make this happen...
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #29: Oct 04, 2015 09:48:52 pm
      We need Klopp. He has the hunger for trophies in him.

Ancelotti won it all, i don't think he's a good solution for us. Won only 3 titles in his career as a manager.

;D

Won it all but not won enough eh?

Think it's very harsh to judge him only on that considering what else he's won in his career.

No point in changing the knickers if we don't wash the sh*t from our arse , committee out .

I suppose the committee would have to stay in place until we find a DOF.

Agreed, as long as we are changing to a D.o.F., surely either of those guys would insist on that disaster of an experiment dismantled and consigned to history.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #30: Oct 04, 2015 09:50:43 pm
      Ancelotti is the safe option - would hit the ground running and is I'm sure highly adaptable. But I don't think we would have him for longer than two-three years. That's not good enough for me.

Klopp would be a longer term option. It may take time to adapt but his sheer force of personality alone would be outstanding in sweeping aside some cobwebs of delusion and copper bottomed shits that infest the club. I'd go for him.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #31: Oct 04, 2015 10:01:50 pm
      Ancelotti is the safe option - would hit the ground running and is I'm sure highly adaptable. But I don't think we would have him for longer than two-three years. That's not good enough for me.

Klopp would be a longer term option. It may take time to adapt but his sheer force of personality alone would be outstanding in sweeping aside some cobwebs of delusion and copper bottomed shits that infest the club. I'd go for him.
      And he needs to be given the time needed to turn it around , kick out ayre and the committee , then a new keeper , cb , dm .

harrydunn08

• 5,924 posts | 966 
      Reply #32: Oct 04, 2015 10:02:32 pm
      I hope it's Ancelloti because it would be a real sign of intent from the owners. Carlo would certainly demand guarantees over transfer funds, wage limitations, and potential targets. So, if we sign him it would suggest to me that our owners are serious about making us great again. Yes, Ancelloti may have had a lot of money at other clubs, but he is also the most qualified person for the job. In the last 15 years he has won the CL 3 times, Seria A, the Prem, Ligue 1, La Liga, the FA Cup, and Copa Del Rey. He's basically won everything  a manager can win and he'd be my vote for the job!!

However, I think it will be Klopp. He seems to fit the profile of an FSG manager better than Ancelloti.....
      MsGerrard
      Reply #33: Oct 04, 2015 10:05:12 pm
      Exciting times for us, I just hope we get the right man to turn things round for Liverpool Football Club, it's one of the biggest jobs in football.

Klopp would be my choice.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #34: Oct 04, 2015 10:05:44 pm
      I hope it's Ancelloti because it would be a real sign of intent from the owners. Carlo would certainly demand guarantees over transfer funds, wage limitations, and potential targets. So, if we sign him it would suggest to me that our owners are serious about making us great again. Yes, Ancelloti may have had a lot of money at other clubs, but he is also the most qualified person for the job. In the last 15 years he has won the CL 3 times, Seria A, the Prem, Ligue 1, La Liga, the FA Cup, and Copa Del Rey. He's basically won everything  a manager can win and he'd be my vote for the job!!

However, I think it will be Klopp. He seems to fit the profile of an FSG manager better than Ancelloti.....

He didn't win La Liga.

Also at Milan, Berlusconi said that he was deciding the first 11 while Ancelotti was in charge. You know that Inzaghi played against us because Berlusconi demanded it and scored 2 goals.

And winning the Ligue 1 with PSG isn't a major achievement at all.

I think Klopp is a way better solution.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,608 posts | 752 
      Reply #35: Oct 04, 2015 10:07:47 pm
      Klopp has only managed Mainz and Dortmund. He isn't the greatly experience manager that people make out to be.

Ancellotti was at milan for 8 years. Chelsea, Madrid and PSG are the 'kind' of clubs to chop and change managers. Its a bit unfair to put that down to him. There aren't many managers at those clubs that last much longer than 3 seasons.

If anything it says a lot about him that he managed all 3 of those clubs.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #36: Oct 04, 2015 10:08:15 pm
      And he needs to be given the time needed to turn it around , kick out ayre and the committee , then a new keeper , cb , dm .

I don't know how anyone could work under that transfer committee and in particular Ian Ayre.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #37: Oct 04, 2015 10:09:34 pm
      Klopp has only managed Mainz and Dortmund. He isn't the greatly experience manager that people make out to be.

Ancellotti was at milan for 8 years. Chelsea, Madrid and PSG are the 'kind' of clubs to chop and change managers. Its a bit unfair to put that down to him. There aren't many managers at those clubs that last much longer than 3 seasons.

If anything it says a lot about him that he managed all 3 of those clubs.

Winning Bundesliga, getting Dortmund to the CL final (beating Real on the way)? Is that not experience enough?
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #38: Oct 04, 2015 10:11:54 pm
      If FSG were willing to spend the kind of money that Ancellotti is used to then BR would still be here. Klopp ticks all the boxes. There are others though.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,371 posts | 1538 
      Reply #39: Oct 04, 2015 10:12:18 pm
      I think klopps personality in the dressing room, training pitch and dug out would be z great asset to us, but if he'd agree to work under the same constraints it would likely be the same old nonsense when it comes to signing top players.
      With Ancellotti, you know he'd only tKe the job without those limitations , so that would be a positive improvement in more ways than one.
      Difficult decision
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #40: Oct 04, 2015 10:15:01 pm
      He didn't win La Liga.

Also at Milan, Berlusconi said that he was deciding the first 11 while Ancelotti was in charge. You know that Inzaghi played against us because Berlusconi demanded it and scored 2 goals.

And winning the Ligue 1 with PSG isn't a major achievement at all.

I think Klopp is a way better solution.

George stop ffs lad.

This is Carlo Ancelotti you're talking about.

His win % at Chelsea/PSG/Real is 67% and you're trying to suggest it's not good enough?

His career win % over 970 games is 58% the man is a legend in anyone's book.

Managerial Honours:

Juventus (1999–2001)

UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1999

Milan (2001–2009)

UEFA Champions League: 2002–03, 2006–07
      UEFA Super Cup: 2003, 2007
      FIFA Club World Cup: 2007
      Serie A: 2003–04
      Coppa Italia: 2002–03
      Supercoppa Italiana: 2004

Chelsea (2009–2011)

Premier League: 2009–10
      FA Cup: 2009–10
      FA Community Shield: 2009

Paris Saint-Germain (2011–2013)

Ligue 1: 2012–13

Real Madrid (2013–2015)

UEFA Champions League: 2013–14
      UEFA Super Cup: 2014
      FIFA Club World Cup: 2014
      Copa del Rey: 2013–14

That is absolutely incredible by anyone's standards.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #41: Oct 04, 2015 10:15:09 pm
      Ideal headline?

"KOP COP KLOPP!"
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #42: Oct 04, 2015 10:23:20 pm
      Here's a few wildcards, purely for mischief you understand:
      SG to cut short his LA flirtation to take the reigns?
      Big Sam - forever associated with the phrase " He'd keep us up!"
      Maureen to jump out of the frying pan of Stamford Bridge into the Anfield fire (God no)?
      Pardew? Currently the pundit's darling as was Brendan 3.5 years ago...?
      Guardiola- after all we are Liverpool and he's the dog's nads?
      Carra - to come in, apologise for slating current players in public and sort out the defence (it's a bugger of a job but somebody has to do it)?
      What a chuffing circus.  Where's Coco?
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #43: Oct 04, 2015 10:26:39 pm
      George stop ffs lad.

This is Carlo Ancelotti you're talking about.

His win % at Chelsea/PSG/Real is 67% and you're trying to suggest it's not good enough?

His career win % over 970 games is 58% the man is a legend in anyone's book.

Managerial Honours:

Juventus (1999–2001)

UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1999

Milan (2001–2009)

UEFA Champions League: 2002–03, 2006–07
      UEFA Super Cup: 2003, 2007
      FIFA Club World Cup: 2007
      Serie A: 2003–04
      Coppa Italia: 2002–03
      Supercoppa Italiana: 2004

Chelsea (2009–2011)

Premier League: 2009–10
      FA Cup: 2009–10
      FA Community Shield: 2009

Paris Saint-Germain (2011–2013)

Ligue 1: 2012–13

Real Madrid (2013–2015)

UEFA Champions League: 2013–14
      UEFA Super Cup: 2014
      FIFA Club World Cup: 2014
      Copa del Rey: 2013–14

That is absolutely incredible by anyone's standards.

It definitely is although count the number of league titles there....not as many as it should have been, maybe like Rafa a bit of a cup manager?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #44: Oct 04, 2015 10:34:57 pm

It definitely is although count the number of league titles there....not as many as it should have been, maybe like Rafa a bit of a cup manager?

Could be, he's also finish 2nd a few times also and reached another CL final (as we know) so there's the argument that so much success can have impact on other competitions.

Personally I look at him as the most proven manager out there without a question but he's nearing the end of his career and in Klopp I see a manager that might actually deliver for a long time with us. That 'legacy' option, where he wouldn't just win one but win many is the appeal for me.

Personality, I like both of them for their individual reasons and I honestly think that either will be accepted wholeheartedly by the fan base.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8619 
      Reply #45: Oct 04, 2015 10:39:57 pm
      I'll take Klopp if he can get Hummels and Reus in January or next summer :)

Quick Reply