Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Players for the chop now Rodgers has gone?

Read 24321 times
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Re: Players for the chop now Rodgers has gone?
      Reply #46: Oct 05, 2015 07:34:18 am
      We have to see WHO the next manager is first !!!
       the new boss has to stick with the current squad at least till January
       we have to see how the manager likes to play (formation)
      who knows? maybe he can turn a so flop into a good performer(which I doubt on a few players)
        hope he, who ever he is going to be, will find fast a  solution to our recent setbacks/ difficulties ,ideal players' position etc, etc
      We can expect some new signings (apart from others leaving) maybe  players who already worked with the coming in boss, ex..reus  if its klopp. Illarmendi if its carlo to name a couple
      hope the new manager insists the transfer committee is scrapped

YNWA
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #47: Oct 05, 2015 07:49:05 am
      Interesting topic - and no doubt a new manager will want to implement his mark on the club.

Allen - cant see him staying and believe that he could be the first out of the door
      Lovren - will get a bit of time, but if he continues to splutter he will be out
      Enrique - is there a way back for selfie, who knows but there might just be
      Migs - can see him staying a long time now
      Benteke - new manager has a get out clause here, never his signing and if he flops then he will be out (personally, I hope he starts banging them in)
      Lallana - will get another chance, but needs to perform or he will be out
      Flanno - got his chance under Rodgers, never really cemented his position and a horror injury put him back, hope he gets another chance

We have a lot of players out on loan too, that the new manager may call back, or may not...

Ballo - cant see this happening no matter who is in, but its a funny old game eh
      Ilori - hope this chap comes back
      Alberto - hope this chap dosent come back
      Yesil - after a shocking injury he could come good, get him back for pre season

Either way, its another 'rebuilding' process we enter...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #48: Oct 05, 2015 08:35:40 am
      so manager only gone a few hours and we are onto what players to sack now as well.

#classy.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #49: Oct 05, 2015 08:37:16 am
      The worst player to ever play for Liverpool, apparently.

;D lallana seems to divide folks, personally think he is a very good player, but 1 who needs loads of games, and is unfortunate cos Coutinho is in his position.

Has lallana not scored a few goals this season as well. ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,308 posts | 2852 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #50: Oct 05, 2015 08:42:38 am
      Only for Migs the blueshite be having a nice laugh at our expense. Made some vital saves yesterday.

He's not perfect but even clem would look dodge with that defence in front of him.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,466 posts | 4591 
      Reply #51: Oct 05, 2015 09:00:09 am
      Will all players out in loan be recalled?.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #52: Oct 05, 2015 09:09:02 am

guess not, if they have ONE year loan deal contract
      defence is a must ,to look at from the new boss, whoever it is going to be
      YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #53: Oct 05, 2015 09:45:19 am

No
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #54: Oct 05, 2015 09:53:09 am
      Under a new manager there'll be a clean slate for all the players. I hope that applies from the fans too, there'll be lads who haven't looked like much lately who will flourish under a new boss, just as there'll be players who were in favour who find themselves frozen out. My guess is players such as Jordan Ibe, Joe Gomez, Alberto Moreno, Adam Lallana etc may just show us some form which we haven't seen previously off them, probably Christian Benteke too. It's hard for anyone to look good in a disfunctioning team, the task of the manager is to change the dynamic.

I cannot over stress though how important I think it is for the FANS to give the new manager a proper chance and with it his team selections. There is no point whatsoever in claiming you are "f****** fuming" if the new manager selects Allen over Lucas in his first team selection, lets see what the new dawn brings.   
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #55: Oct 05, 2015 09:54:36 am
      Mignolet , Allen , Lovren , Skrtel , Toure , Henderson , Lallana

Henderson  :lmao:

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #56: Oct 05, 2015 09:56:23 am
      I may have missed the others as I've not been paying too much attention but I've only heard of Mignolet posting a thank you to Brendan on social media reported on SSN.  If that's the case that's a damning reflection on how the players feel about him. and I'm surprised Hendo hasn't said anything as Club Captain even though there could be instructions from the Club not to.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,827 posts | 2457 
      Reply #57: Oct 05, 2015 09:59:08 am
      Only for Migs the blueshite be having a nice laugh at our expense. Made some vital saves yesterday.

He's not perfect but even clem would look dodge with that defence in front of him.

Mignolet was excellent yesterday.

I still think he can be a brilliant keeper for us with better coaching.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #58: Oct 05, 2015 10:00:38 am
      Under a new manager there'll be a clean slate for all the players. I hope that applies from the fans too, there'll be lads who haven't looked like much lately who will flourish under a new boss, just as there'll be players who were in favour who find themselves frozen out. My guess is players such as Jordan Ibe, Joe Gomez, Alberto Moreno, Adam Lallana etc may just show us some form which we haven't seen previously off them, probably Christian Benteke too. It's hard for anyone to look good in a disfunctioning team, the task of the manager is to change the dynamic.

I cannot over stress though how important I think it is for the FANS to give the new manager a proper chance and with it his team selections. There is no point whatsoever in claiming you are "f****** fuming" if the new manager selects Allen over Lucas in his first team selection, lets see what the new dawn brings.   

Couldn't agree more Mick.  At this stage we have no idea who the new man will be or how they'll set us up to play so they all have a chance to stake their claim.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #59: Oct 05, 2015 10:01:03 am

It's very true that Mignolet has had the misfortune to not only play behind a disfunctional defence, but he's also been asked to play as an 11th outfield player on occasions which he is clearly uncomfortable with. He may well be one of the players who looks better under a new manager/system.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #60: Oct 05, 2015 10:03:10 am

Migs is a great shot stopper when he has clear space in front of him, it's when there's a packed area that he doesn't have the physical nor mental strength to plough through everyone to claim his ball.

He hasn't got enough "nutter" about him to be a truly great keeper.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #61: Oct 05, 2015 10:07:30 am
      Wonder if we can get Valdes out of manure

cant be worse than Migs
      Dynami:t
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 701 posts | 31 
      Reply #62: Oct 05, 2015 10:18:25 am

Yeah, he has been totally invisible in the last few games, should fire him  :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,568 posts | 1802 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #63: Oct 05, 2015 10:35:39 am
      I may have missed the others as I've not been paying too much attention but I've only heard of Mignolet posting a thank you to Brendan on social media reported on SSN.  If that's the case that's a damning reflection on how the players feel about him. and I'm surprised Hendo hasn't said anything as Club Captain even though there could be instructions from the Club not to.

Sure IBE did something on his instragram.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #64: Oct 05, 2015 10:38:05 am
      Sure IBE did something on his instragram.

Like I said mate I may have missed others but if they're the only 2 to acknowledge it, it's a pretty poor showing from our senior players.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #65: Oct 05, 2015 10:40:39 am

What about the ton of times each season when he should come for the ball but doesn't and fails to collect the ball out of the air? I agree his shot stopping is unreal at times but that's not the only part of a keeper's game that should be good.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #66: Oct 05, 2015 10:41:17 am
      Wonder if we can get Valdes out of manure

cant be worse than Migs

They won't allow him to leave unless its to a foreign club. Bellend should have chosen us when he had the chance.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #67: Oct 05, 2015 10:42:49 am

I doubt the club would tell players not to thank a manager that's just been relieved of his duties. Poor showing from Hendo if he has't posted anything, especially after Brendan's the one that made him vice-captain and then captain. Poor showing from other players too like has been mentioned.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #68: Oct 05, 2015 11:01:53 am
      Allen and Lovren. Surely.

Quick Reply