Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 5th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W2 D1 L0

Players for the chop now Rodgers has gone?

Read 24693 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Players for the chop now Rodgers has gone?
      Reply #69: Oct 05, 2015 11:05:36 am
      Am I the only one who thinks that if Klopp arrives then he might want to take a close look at Allen?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,493 posts | 8676 
      Reply #70: Oct 05, 2015 11:35:02 am
      They won't allow him to leave unless its to a foreign club. Bellend should have chosen us when he had the chance.

Valdes was fu**ed off the minute he asked for £90,000.

We'd just fu**ed off a Spanish keeper on the same money, we were never going to sign another on the same wage, were we?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #71: Oct 05, 2015 11:35:05 am
      I may have missed the others as I've not been paying too much attention but I've only heard of Mignolet posting a thank you to Brendan on social media reported on SSN.  If that's the case that's a damning reflection on how the players feel about him. and I'm surprised Hendo hasn't said anything as Club Captain even though there could be instructions from the Club not to.

He was very keen to get rid of Hendo until the lad gave him a F**k you and proved he was worth a spot.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #72: Oct 05, 2015 11:35:55 am
      Am I the only one who thinks that if Klopp arrives then he might want to take a close look at Allen?

Not alone.

I'm not sure he totally fits into Klopp's 4 2 3 1 but I think he's a player who he might be keen to keep around.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #73: Oct 05, 2015 11:47:29 am
      He was very keen to get rid of Hendo until the lad gave him a F**k you and proved he was worth a spot.

True Si, it just seems weird that we've heard nothing from our senior players especially the Captain he promoted.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #74: Oct 05, 2015 11:49:01 am
      I'm not sure what to think, but as we can't do any real business until January, lets see if a new manager can make an impact on the players we'd all nominate and probably agree on before we write them off completely.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #75: Oct 05, 2015 11:57:32 am
      Like I said mate I may have missed others but if they're the only 2 to acknowledge it, it's a pretty poor showing from our senior players.

Only just happened though, mibees see more appear today \ tmrw. or they might keep it private and just phone or txt him.

Not everyone is into the social media.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #76: Oct 05, 2015 11:59:10 am
      BTW. Klopp if it is him, will have the same restrictions that BR had under FSG.

Will be interesting, they just think it was time for a new man, but their philosophy etc. will stay/
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #77: Oct 05, 2015 12:03:39 pm
      I will wait for some more time before deciding on this. With a manager like Klopp or even Ancelloti, we might see some of the players turning a corner. Lovren, Lallana and Mignolet all have the talent to be very good players, let's just see if a change can turn their careers around.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #78: Oct 05, 2015 12:04:36 pm
      Hopefully the friction will be less of an issue between Klopp and the committee as I doubt Klopp is going to restrict himself to midtable rubbish like Rodgers wanted.

It's a lot easier as a committee member to get on board with the manager's targets when they are Bender, Reus, Gundogan etc than when they are Borini, Lovren and Lallana.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #79: Oct 05, 2015 12:04:37 pm
      I reckon Klopp will like Allen and Lallana. Needs players with very good stamina for his gegenpressing game. I think people are just picking players they don't like, rather than thinking about how they might fit into a new manager's plans.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #80: Oct 05, 2015 12:06:19 pm
      Valdes was fu**ed off the minute he asked for £90,000.

We'd just fu**ed off a Spanish keeper on the same money, we were never going to sign another on the same wage, were we?

We might have signed one who was far less risk for the same wage. Valdes was (and is) a huge risk.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #81: Oct 05, 2015 12:11:37 pm
      Which players do you think are curled up in the foetal position now Brendan has been sacked?

For me I'd say

Allen
      Mignolet
      Lovren
      Lallana

Are you referring to the "Klopp Chop" JD?

Or perhaps "Chopped by the hand of Klopp"

Or even "Klopp's Kop Chop"

Any how........all of the above. Plus Jose Enrique.

Not at all.

Sakho is one of the best young CB in Europe.

You're way off the mark here mate.

I must be one of those who still doesn't see it as clearly as some Si - there's something really likeable about the big fella's commitment etc and his passing stats are better than you'd think but............he does just make me nervous. His positional play needs work for sure.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #82: Oct 05, 2015 12:18:32 pm
      Who will he take to - hard to say. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The lads playing regular will be worried they'll fall out of favour ... the ones not playing will see it as an opportunity. It's all up in the air.

We can play a lot better than we are now though (with existing squad).
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #83: Oct 05, 2015 12:45:20 pm
      Who will he take to - hard to say. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

The lads playing regular will be worried they'll fall out of favour ... the ones not playing will see it as an opportunity. It's all up in the air.

We can play a lot better than we are now though (with existing squad).

Indeed.

Origi
      Benteke
      Markovic
      Allen
      Lovren
      Lallana
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #84: Oct 05, 2015 01:23:34 pm
      Which players do you think are curled up in the foetal position now Brendan has been sacked?

For me I'd say

Allen
      Mignolet
      Lovren
      Lallana

I'd agree with that list apart from Lallana, I think he still has something to offer.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #85: Oct 05, 2015 02:23:38 pm
      Migs is a great shot stopper when he has clear space in front of him, it's when there's a packed area that he doesn't have the physical nor mental strength to plough through everyone to claim his ball.
      He hasn't got enough "nutter" about him to be a truly great keeper.

A good goalie breeds confidence throughout the team.

True Si, it just seems weird that we've heard nothing from our senior players especially the Captain he promoted.

Maybe LFC have contracted the players not to quote on club business.
      Like stated. Surely they have BRs "Im always available to you anytime" phone number.

I must be one of those who still doesn't see it as clearly as some Si - there's something really likeable about the big fella's commitment etc and his passing stats are better than you'd think but............he does just make me nervous.
      His positional play needs work for sure.

Sakho ...... Exactly.
      He finds himself off the mark too many times in a game, expecting someone else to pick up a player... or being blindsided.
      Been fully responsible for not "being there" at recent goals scored against us.
      Not surprising. No attention was paid to our defence in three years.
      I used to close my eyes when Henchoz was anywhere near the ball.... similar thing here.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #86: Oct 05, 2015 02:26:06 pm
      I see a lot of people putting Allen down, but IF Klopp were to be manager for us, wouldn't he favour Allen, at least as a backup? Allen offers the same intensity as Hendo or Milner in the pressing game, and probably a better passer than both too.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #87: Oct 05, 2015 03:39:25 pm
      Hopefully Allen will be off.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #88: Oct 05, 2015 03:50:03 pm
      I would imagine we will soon see the following leave:

Enrique, Lovren, Lucas, Allen, Origi, Flanagan, Balo and Luis Alberto.

Will be sorry to see some leave but just a gut feeling.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #89: Oct 05, 2015 03:51:20 pm
      Not so sure Lovren will be (immediately) on the chop.  He grew up in Germany and speaks it fluently.  He also speaks Croatian which is essentially the same language as Bosnian (they all just decided to call themselves individual languages after Yugoslavia broke up), and Klopp's assistant is Bosnian.  So Lovren might have that language connection with both of them.  I think Klopp might give him a chance.

I don't even know what we're going to do about Mignolet.  We all know he's not good enough but top keepers are at a premium.  Cech was the one we should've gone after.  He's off the table now.  What top keeper will realistically be available in January or even next summer?  Lloris is the only one I can think of but he would probably see moving to us as lateral.

This is actually a very good point. Plus, we've only seen Lovren play with Skrtel 90 percent of the time. Would be interesting to see if a different manager can get more out of him.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #90: Oct 05, 2015 03:53:52 pm

Am i the only person who likes Joe Allen? I mean, I know he isn't a world beater but as a squad player he is great to have around
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #91: Oct 05, 2015 03:55:37 pm
      Am i the only person who likes Joe Allen? I mean, I know he isn't a world beater but as a squad player he is great to have around

I feel the same way too. For now, when all are fit, I see him 3rd choice to Milner and Hendo if we were to play with 2 box-box players, and 2nd choice to Lucas in that DM role.

Quick Reply