Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1532308 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #10120: Oct 08, 2016 03:44:45 pm
      Love that we have Klopp as our boss, wouldn't honestly trade him for any other manager in football right now...but the premature hero woship stuff is cringeworthy.

Not really my cup of tea I guess. In fact I think it's a bit demeaning. Jürgen himself would find it off-putting I believe.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #10121: Oct 08, 2016 04:08:16 pm
      Love that we have Klopp as our boss, wouldn't honestly trade him for any other manager in football right now...but the premature hero woship stuff is cringeworthy.

Not really my cup of tea I guess. In fact I think it's a bit demeaning. Jürgen himself would find it off-putting I believe.
      Pointing out your happy with the progress  hardly constitutes hero worship .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10122: Oct 08, 2016 04:41:24 pm

What hero worship? From what I can see people are just very very happy that we finally have a good manager again who seems to have instilled confidence into the players and fans.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #10123: Oct 08, 2016 04:43:33 pm
      I think you're forgetting the threadbare rabble of a squad BR inherited, the TC left BR with Suarez as the only senior striker until Sturridge came. He had to clear out the dross of Adam, Carroll etc with limited funds to rebuild after the monies wasted by KK and Comolli
      Jürgen has said himself he inherited a good bunch of players and that has proven to be his true feelings given the limited amount of changes he's made in 2 windows he wouldn't have even taken the job when BR joined given the state of the team

Firstly, Brendan could've done a lot worse than walking in to a team with Reina, Carra, Gerrard and Suarez! Compare that to what Jürgen got. Good players with morale lower than the basement after playing a handful of systems within the space of one season.

Jürgen has managed to save the careers of Lallana, Lovren and Firmino that Brendan's management nearly ruined.

We had no identity under Brendan and he rebuilt the team no less than three times.

No bad words about the man himself. He always has spoken well and seemed to get what the club meant, but he was a shambles of a manager who stumbled upon the best two players in our Premier League history and was carried by them plus Sturridge.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #10124: Oct 08, 2016 05:38:04 pm
      Do we only use net spend for managers we like? :) I don't remember much net spend being mentioned when Brendan was manager.

Sure I done a net thread for Rodgers ;)

You're getting the wrong end of the stick mate.

Both managers in to their second season is what i'm on about.

First season isn't really a true reflection as both managers arrived under completely different circumstances.

So second season in, Rodgers £100m or so, Klopp £67m or so.

Now they've both started their second season with a pre-season and a summer transfer window, this season will be a fairer comparison.

Not the one where Rodgers has a pre-season, summer transfer window & 31 game advantage on Klopp before he had the same.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #10125: Oct 08, 2016 05:40:01 pm
      He wasn't a shambles of a manager at all. Luis said just the other month that if it wasn't for Rodgers' management then he wouldn't be the player that we see at Barca today.

Is Rodgers on Klopp’s level? No.

Is Rodgers a shambles of a manager? No.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #10126: Oct 08, 2016 05:56:51 pm
      Pointing out your happy with the progress  hardly constitutes hero worship .

Wasnt really referring to you, but there are some folks on here that would seemingly eat Klopp's turds with a smile.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #10127: Oct 08, 2016 06:14:01 pm
      Wasnt really referring to you, but there are some folks on here that would seemingly eat Klopp's turds with a smile.

Fair enough but I just feel that the fans are just excited at what this guy could bring us ,

Admittedly it could all go south , but for now their is I feel a genuine optimism  amongst the natives , as for the comparisons to tpm , I don't really see the need for it but each to their own

For me all this comparing is bollox , we have different players now , who knows how Klopp would have fared with tpm team same as we don't know how he'd fare with this team it's all supposition ,

Even other teams have different managers and players   , so how can you really compare them to now. I'm just happy with our style  and our gaffers no nonsense approach also his lack of bullshit is refreshing , anyhow I'm just going to try and enjoy the ride without getting too serious or wound up .
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #10128: Oct 08, 2016 11:28:23 pm
      Sorry if this is a repost but ladies and gents I give you - Jürgen Klopp playing bowls

https://youtu.be/q1fzZUUPtac
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,791 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #10129: Oct 08, 2016 11:29:19 pm

Celebrating his one year in charge of LFC by playing Lawn Bowls with the Locals. How can you not love this man?  :)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #10130: Oct 09, 2016 07:11:30 am

Celebrating his one year in charge of LFC by playing Lawn Bowls with the Locals. How can you not love this man?  :)

The question is did he win and did he have any subs.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Reply #10131: Oct 09, 2016 09:39:53 am
      Sorry if this is a repost but ladies and gents I give you - Jürgen Klopp playing bowls

Well I for one haven't seen this before, so many thanks for posting it, I really enjoyed it!
      He really is so natural, no sides to him, no big ego, just a genuinely nice, kind human being who is interested in others not himself! I wouldn't  wish for any other manager of our great club, he was made for us.
      craventom
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | 68 
      Reply #10132: Oct 09, 2016 06:14:09 pm
      You got to love this man!

To him this is not an obligatory appointment for public relations reasons.

He really enjoys the bowl game and the conversation with the nice elder people and even gives away private details of his life.

As he said he´s always positive and turns (nearly) everybody from doubters to believers.

This HAS to end in winning the league under his command in the foreseeable future.

And if he might leave the club one day after achieving a lot with LFC, many tears will be shed.

As have been in Mainz and Dortmund before with his goodbyes.

Until then, let´s have loads of fun with him and the lads!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #10133: Oct 09, 2016 06:42:30 pm

6:28 had me in stitches  :lmao:

Boom!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #10134: Oct 09, 2016 06:57:23 pm

1:20 where the gent told him "They are all LFC supporters and they have a lot to say about your strategy" 

Jürgen in almost a resigned cry...."I look forward to it"

Ha!! what a guy!
      RedWilly

• 9,198 posts | 1641 
      Reply #10135: Oct 09, 2016 07:46:44 pm
      I absolutely love this man, that bowls video is something else!

He is just such a good fit for this club, his outlook on football and his approach to life is so in tune with this club.

Going to take us to great things is Jürgen!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #10136: Oct 09, 2016 08:23:27 pm
      Brill.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,791 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #10137: Oct 09, 2016 09:16:02 pm
      The question is did he win and did he have any subs.

Of course he won mate, he's a Winner in life.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #10138: Oct 09, 2016 11:58:27 pm
      They make people delirious.

Like comparing Brendan's management to Jürgen's.

Brendan took over a healthier team after Kenny rebuilt the club, fans and playing squad. Jürgen had to pick us up from the sh*t show that Rodgers left.

Astonishing. Do you actually really believe this?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #10139: Oct 10, 2016 07:13:08 am
      Astonishing. Do you actually really believe this?

Do you not think the club was in a much better state after Kenny came and got everyone excited about footy again?

We went from being in the gutter and having Woy to actually enjoying our team play some of the best football in the league under Kenny.

Brendan would've had a much tougher job if he immediately replaced Woy. And he walked in to a team with Reina, Carra, Gerrard and Suarez.

Meanwhile Jürgen took over a team that had no identity, fans were fighting with each other and a playing squad that was constantly reshaped to fit in to Brendan's 3 month cycle of tactics. On top of that, we had no spine that we could rely on like Brendan did. We had Mignolet, Lovren, Milner and ??? He didnt even have a recognised striker to call on except for a youthful Origi and a misfit in Benteke whilst Sturridge and Ings was injured. Origi, he even managed to get firing and lead us to Basel.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind Jürgen had it all to do when he arrived at this club and it was in no way in better shape than when Brendan walked in.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #10140: Oct 10, 2016 07:53:38 am
      In fairness the recognised striker hasn't changed all that much. Jürgen has just made it so we don't need one just get everyone to score...
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,953 posts | 5011 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10141: Oct 10, 2016 09:42:49 am
      Just watched it, it's brilliant, what a bloke he is, so down to earth isn't he, his "the normal one"  is exactly what he is no ego,no soundbites, no bullshit just a honest bloke who loves life and those he meets each and every day,  he is the perfect fit for us no question.

Love it

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #10142: Oct 10, 2016 12:19:05 pm
      In fairness the recognised striker hasn't changed all that much. Jürgen has just made it so we don't need one just get everyone to score...

Getting the best out of players and finding a formation to fit everyone in.

Consistent team on the pitch and consistent roles within the team.

Signing players with a plan to use them, not shifting from week to week.

Good manager :gt-happyup:

Quick Reply