Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1532281 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,252 posts | 924 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13133: Aug 12, 2017 05:14:53 pm
      Come on guys Klopps great just needs to deligate the defending to a better qualified coach he clearly needs help
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #13134: Aug 12, 2017 05:18:00 pm
      Capability and accountability rest at both manager and players alike ,having the same problem with the biggest war chest in Liverpool history for 18 months is ludicrous, other issues have us waiting on sales and departures we were told that things were well in hand months ago for the coming transfer window , its got 19/20 odd days to go I would suggest sales and departures were sorted rapidly to get everybody singing of the same hymn sheet .
      YNWA
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,620 posts | 3851 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #13135: Aug 12, 2017 05:18:10 pm
      Come on guys Klopps great just needs to deligate the defending to a better qualified coach he clearly needs help

He needs better playing staff. City spent over a hundred million on theirs this summer. Both teams had weakness in defence. Liverpool's lack of ambition has been glaringly laid bare.

Not sure what Klopp can do about it but that's what he is up against.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #13136: Aug 12, 2017 05:25:47 pm
      He needs better playing staff. City spent over a hundred million on theirs this summer. Both teams had weakness in defence. Liverpool's lack of ambition has been glaringly laid bare.

Depends doesn't it because apparently he's not a cheque book manager and he won't 'overpay' for players.

Well what is overpaying? If Man City walk the league from spending 50 million on Walker and 40 Million on Mendy, then they've not over paid, they've spent well.

Meanwhile we're either shopping at Hull, playing midfielders there or persisting with Moreno on one side and relying on a kid to fill in for the average and injured Clyne on the other.

Means we get left behind before the seasons even began. Is Klopp behind that philosophy too? Ancelotti told Fenway we needed to buy a brand new spine and it would cost them 150 million. No shock that they then chose Klopp.

For what it is worth full blame on our disgraceful record defending from set pieces has to go to him.
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2017 05:33:56 pm by fields of anny rd »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13137: Aug 12, 2017 05:41:35 pm
      Klopp is simply not up for it, he has no desire to fix our problems

Our main strength last season was our end product with our attack

Our biggest weakness was our back 5 and then our cm

Yet he has only strengthened our attack, this means our potential to better is going to be minimal as we are improving an already great attack

Klopp is finished at Liverpool, he has no desire to be the best. Only a poor manager has no plan b or c in terms of buys
      Username makes this Ironic post of the year and the season is only the 2 days old.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13138: Aug 12, 2017 05:42:16 pm
      ;D

We have over 150m and klopp has no plan b

He is a great coach but not a great manager

He has killed our optimism and season

I think I speak for the majority when I say shut the F**k up you utter fuckwit!
      Its one game, where we had a massive amount of bad luck and the defence and team in general were off colour, hardly surprising really when you take the Coutinho situation into account. Perhaps give it a few more games before you start calling for the return of Hodgson!!
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #13139: Aug 12, 2017 06:05:34 pm
      I think I speak for the majority when I say shut the f**k up you utter fuckwit!
      Its one game, where we had a massive amount of bad luck and the defence and team in general were off colour, hardly surprising really when you take the Coutinho situation into account. Perhaps give it a few more games before you start calling for the return of Hodgson!!

Of course bad luck

It's always bad luck, god what game did you watch and where were you last season

Its people like you who will never allow this club to push on

Keep blaming bad luck, when we finish 4th or less, blame luck

It's not bad luck when the manager does not buy a plan b or c

It's call fckn up in the summer transfer window

Quit your excuses and loser mentality
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #13140: Aug 12, 2017 06:18:09 pm
      Of course bad luck

It's always bad luck, god what game did you watch and where were you last season

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32bdevGClD4
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13141: Aug 12, 2017 06:26:59 pm
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #13142: Aug 12, 2017 06:29:01 pm

I'm
      Already broken and it's only been one game

What made it so bad was it was a carbon copy of last season
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #13143: Aug 12, 2017 06:33:24 pm

He could buy some players.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #13144: Aug 12, 2017 06:40:21 pm
      Of course bad luck

Got an early contender here...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #13145: Aug 12, 2017 06:40:51 pm

Username does not check out.....
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13146: Aug 12, 2017 06:45:00 pm
      I know if l was Liverpool manger tommory won't have side ways Jordon captain he sh*t all he does run around our defence is joke not that hard buy one midfield who score goals control game get in couple better cbacks grujic should be get chance he look much better then Jordon
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,349 posts | 6394 
      Reply #13147: Aug 12, 2017 06:47:26 pm
      Klopp didn't sound to happy about the Coutinho situation...maybe it's lost in translation but it seemed to me that  he would be fine with Phil leaving. I think Klopp is taking this all very personal. With how he's shut  out Sakho....Phil may be in for a long road back if he isn't sold.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #13148: Aug 12, 2017 06:53:21 pm
      Chelsea played sh*te, I know it's not Liverpool but people would be touching themselves up at the prospect of grabbing a few of their players and look same opening day and champions rekd.
      Let the season unravel, I am worried about that text about Klopp, Coutinho and the owners because it seems to fit in to what he was acting like today. Couldn't put my finger on it but in the interview before the match he wasn't right.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13149: Aug 12, 2017 06:57:02 pm
      Of course bad luck

Oh come on both the second and third goal were very lucky for Watford in that the ball pinged off about 3 players before landing beautifully in front of a Watford player, they were both scrambled ugly goals. You could argue it was poor defending and I'd probably agree with you but to get all doom and gloom after one game where we played a pretty decent Watford side, who were certainly highly motivated and well drilled, to a high scoring draw is a bit pathetic and is definitely a LOSER mentality.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13150: Aug 12, 2017 06:58:14 pm
      Chelsea played sh*te, I know it's not Liverpool but people would be touching themselves up at the prospect of grabbing a few of their players and look same opening day and champions rekd.
      Let the season unravel, I am worried about that text about Klopp, Coutinho and the owners because it seems to fit in to what he was acting like today. Couldn't put my finger on it but in the interview before the match he wasn't right.

Exactly, opening games are always a bit weird, no need to panic yet, any other day and we would have won that game with 3-4 goals to spare.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,555 posts | 1669 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13151: Aug 12, 2017 07:10:23 pm
      Leaving aside the selection, and the lack of transfers etc. 2 things:
      - not just the back 4, but as a team we still can't defend set pieces
      - thought the substitutions today were terrible and took any wind that was in our sails, out.

Origi when I've seen him preseason looks off pace, and not fully fit/sharp, a player who has big swings in form, up and down. Did he touch the ball after coming on?  No clue why Solanke didn't come on, who has actually looked sharp.

Ideally our CBs would be more dominant. Hope we sign VVD. But last goal was a F***ing sh*te attempt at a header by Gini, followed by a meek effort from Migs to make the space, and ball, his. First goal I think Firmino looses his man. Matip doesn't get off the ground. It's not just down to the CBs though, anyone in that box should have a job to do, but continue not doing it.  BR got lacerated for not being able to get the side, and defense, to defend. Things haven't changed under Jürgen, yet.

A dominant CK and CB though would make a diff. But that's old news. Was this not part of the big summer transfer plan then?!?!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #13152: Aug 12, 2017 08:03:50 pm
      https://youtu.be/_tDbEbrStZU

Jürgen interview. Seems Jürgen isn't as in control off transfers as some of you want to believe!

"I have bosses yeah? And if bosses decide for example, just in general, we sell a player or we don't sell him, then I have to accept it. If we don't sell him then I'm not involved anymore. I'm responsible for all the players. I've to work with the players I have."
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1509 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #13153: Aug 12, 2017 08:15:09 pm
      FSG will go before Klopp goes :mad:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #13154: Aug 12, 2017 08:57:08 pm
      "I have bosses yeah? And if bosses decide for example, just in general, we sell a player or we don't sell him, then I have to accept it. If we don't sell him then I'm not involved anymore. I'm responsible for all the players. I've to work with the players I have."

I think this is a big change in how Klopp is talking about the transfers etc and leads me to believe he isn't happy.

And who'd blame him?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #13155: Aug 12, 2017 09:00:59 pm
      I think this is a big change in how Klopp is talking about the transfers etc and leads me to believe he isn't happy.

And who'd blame him?

Well he signed up knowing the score, just like Brendan did. No point complaining about it now, unless of course he was misled by FSG 🤔 Surely not!

Quick Reply