Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1561548 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13777: Sep 19, 2017 10:11:35 pm
      Jürgen do yourself a favour. Ask Kenny for Steve Clarkes number. Get him on board. Hell sort your defence out. We can move on from there.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #13778: Sep 19, 2017 10:12:00 pm
      So Klopp says we can't find four defenders better than the ones we have?

Never mind defenders, I could find him four strikers who are better than the ones we have!

It's pathetic
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13779: Sep 19, 2017 10:17:01 pm
      If we not careful mane will leave too our great club became a joke we need manger like conte won't be easy on eye but will know how defend and defense midfielder like kante
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #13780: Sep 19, 2017 10:29:19 pm
      I’m starting to not even listen to Klopps pre and post match chat. It’s all becoming lathargic and defensive.

He is not addressing the issues and has had far too many garbage performances. It’s also dissappointing that players heads r dropping very easily
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13781: Sep 19, 2017 10:43:08 pm
      http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/19/Jürgen-klopp-slams-liverpool-defence-after-leicester-city-defeat-6940790/

Defence of his defence now turning to anger and rightly so. I'll say something most wont agree with, they do well a lot of the time but the ease at which we give away big chances is astonishing. It's like absolutely nothing can be happening and then boom the opposition have a open shot at goal with no defender in sight.

Hopefully this rocket will hit some of their minds, of course the first bit of anger is at Joe which seems unfair in a way considering this is his first start at CB for us this season (competitively) but it's clearly at the lot of them.

Have to buck up their ideas in the simple stuff, because it really is simple stuff that we just F**k up time and again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #13782: Sep 19, 2017 10:51:43 pm
      Might be worth considering going to a 4231 as 433 is leaving us just too open and without a dedicated DM our CB's and continually being exposed.

Hopefully Lallana is back soon, I would have him and Gini as the two.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #13783: Sep 19, 2017 10:52:41 pm
      You're entitled to your opinion Rush - as is everybody - but I honestly struggle with that. 

Remember the 6-1 tonking by Stoke?

We're in the Champions League for only the 2nd time in 8 years.......

Clearly lots work to do but I honestly can't see how we haven't moved forward.

But with our defence, it's two steps forward, one step back!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #13784: Sep 19, 2017 10:58:40 pm
      http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/19/Jürgen-klopp-slams-liverpool-defence-after-leicester-city-defeat-6940790/

Defence of his defence now turning to anger and rightly so. I'll say something most wont agree with, they do well a lot of the time but the ease at which we give away big chances is astonishing. It's like absolutely nothing can be happening and then boom the opposition have a open shot at goal with no defender in sight.

Hopefully this rocket will hit some of their minds, of course the first bit of anger is at Joe which seems unfair in a way considering this is his first start at CB for us this season (competitively) but it's clearly at the lot of them.

Have to buck up their ideas in the simple stuff, because it really is simple stuff that we just f**k up time and again.

Quite frankly there are a number of senior players who deserve a full on Teutonic force 10 f**king from Klopp at the moment. He should go easy on Joe though - as you say, first start at centre back in the league cup as well (it certainly wasn't Gabriel Paletta against Arsenal in 07). He started the game off well and certainly not Lovren levels of sheer fuckery this season.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13785: Sep 19, 2017 10:58:58 pm
      End of day it about results look at Chelsea and utd don't leak many goals because their top defense midfielder our style play won't win league
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13786: Sep 19, 2017 11:10:33 pm
      So what pearls of wisdom did our greatest ever manager come out with tonight?
      F**k me I'm starting to get annoyed with Jürgen now, is he utterly incapable of changing formations or players after a match has started, it's pathetic.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13787: Sep 19, 2017 11:11:04 pm
      Quite frankly there are a number of senior players who deserve a full on Teutonic force 10 f**king from Klopp at the moment. He should go easy on Joe though - as you say, first start at centre back in the league cup as well (it certainly wasn't Gabriel Paletta against Arsenal in 07). He started the game off well and certainly not Lovren levels of sheer fuckery this season.

Yeah I think there were others who deserved the anger more and it's clear that's he's not just singling him out but more towards all the lads at the back. Someone posted the stats which showed we concede, as a percentage of overall chances, by far the highest number of clear cut chances. Has to stop.

I was personally gutted for Joe, thought he was actually brilliant in the first half but it was a real rookie mistake that at least has an excuse. The second goal, from perspective was worse because it all happened in front of him, as a CB you have to sniff the danger, it was one man, with nobody to pass to, go to him and give him no room to shoot. In the end all of Klavan, Grujic and Gomez combined did nothing but give him a runway to goal. That for me, is downright shocking.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #13788: Sep 19, 2017 11:32:42 pm

Have to buck up their ideas in the simple stuff, because it really is simple stuff that we just f**k up time and again.

It's a strange one. If you look at other teams, when someone at the back has a brainfart, there's usually a fellow defender or in the end the goalkeeper bailing him out. It looks like whenever something happens with us, it's a collective brainfart, everyone is out of position, making the wrong decisions and it almost always results in a goal. Our numbers in that area must be crazy.

Don't think it's unfair that he points the first bit of anger at Gomez. First start there or not, he is a CB by trade, always has been. That first goal is as basic a mistake as you will ever see. Lesson one after a clearance from a corner / setpiece: GET THE F**k OUT OF THE BOX AS QUICK AS YOU CAN! At least that's what they always taught me. Honestly no idea what was going through Gomez's head at that point.

Second goal is also poor, as you say later, everything is happening in front of him. He sees both runners: Okazaki on the left who isn't a threat and the main striker coming through the middle. He's way too deep there, if he holds a higher line he gets to Slimani fairly easily.

All these things are such silly mistakes. He's a very talented lad, but he did himself no favours today. Everyone wanted to see him start as a CB because "He could not possibly be worse than everything else we have there.". Well, after a great first half, he had a nightmare of a second half and his inexperience showed.

I do agree that the lot of them need a rocket shot up their arse though and that it's not Gomez alone tonight.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13789: Sep 19, 2017 11:38:50 pm
      It's a strange one. If you look at other teams, when someone at the back has a brainfart, there's usually a fellow defender or in the end the goalkeeper bailing him out. It looks like whenever something happens with us, it's a collective brainfart, everyone is out of position, making the wrong decisions and it almost always results in a goal. Our numbers in that area must be crazy.

Don't think it's unfair that he points the first bit of anger at Gomez. First start there or not, he is a CB by trade, always has been. That first goal is as basic a mistake as you will ever see. Lesson one after a clearance from a corner / setpiece: GET THE F**k OUT OF THE BOX AS QUICK AS YOU CAN! At least that's what they always taught me. Honestly no idea what was going through Gomez's head at that point.

Second goal is also poor, as you say later, everything is happening in front of him. He sees both runners: Okazaki on the left who isn't a threat and the main striker coming through the middle. He's way too deep there, if he holds a higher line he gets to Slimani fairly easily.

All these things are such silly mistakes. He's a very talented lad, but he did himself no favours today. Everyone wanted to see him start as a CB because "He could not possibly be worse than everything else we have there.". Well, after a great first half, he had a nightmare of a second half and his inexperience showed.

I do agree that the lot of them need a rocket shot up their arse though and that it's not Gomez alone tonight.

Fair enough mate, can you see your points on that.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13790: Sep 19, 2017 11:51:30 pm
      Lot that team still Brenden Rogers players taught klopp come in he get rid of lot them but still here l gut feeling lf we bad season he walk
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #13791: Sep 20, 2017 12:21:09 am
      Klopp needs to wake up and fast! Now!

His decision making is appalling at the moment. Responsible for another loss, and a cup exit at that.

What "lessons will be learned" this time? When will we be "back to winning ways"?
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #13792: Sep 20, 2017 12:24:13 am
      It's hard to understand Jürgen these days.. when he arrived we needed a solid defence, a better keeper, a leader and a world class striker.. three years later and we still need them.

Why do we still need them and why the hell is he persisting with the same average players that deliver the same sh*t every game I will never understand :-\
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #13793: Sep 20, 2017 12:51:14 am
      It's hard to understand Jürgen these days.. when he arrived we needed a solid defence, a better keeper, a leader and a world class striker.. three years later and we still need them.

Why do we still need them and why the hell is he persisting with the same average players that deliver the same sh*t every game I will never understand :-\

And why is he "tired" of us conceding these type of goals when there's not really been any obvious effort to improve?
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #13794: Sep 20, 2017 01:14:32 am
      And why is he "tired" of us conceding these type of goals when there's not really been any obvious effort to improve?

Maybe (hopefully) he finally realized he put his faith in the wrong guys.. no matter how much he builds them up, pats them on the back and gives them hugs this is their level, won't further improve and will fcking change something.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #13795: Sep 20, 2017 01:29:30 am

You know, he was like this at Dortmund, giving players 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #13796: Sep 20, 2017 01:44:39 am
      You know, he was like this at Dortmund, giving players 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances.

And look where that got him.. Look I have no problems with 2nd chances but some player around here are at their 10th chance already.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #13797: Sep 20, 2017 04:43:51 am
      So 3 wins out of the opening 9 games. Surely doesn't make for a good reading when you consider we have played only one top team. Though it has taken him this long but Klopp is finally sick of it(must have strong immunity), now let's see what he can do to put it right. This is the true test of his coaching skills because he clearly believes in this set of players.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #13798: Sep 20, 2017 06:21:37 am
      Simply put, I am starting to doubt Klopp's credentials

The reason is that 2 seasons later, our defence might be worse than it was under Rodgers' stint, and Klopp either can't fix it or doesn't think it's a problem.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #13799: Sep 20, 2017 07:53:52 am
      Back in the Champions League.
      Half season league form excellent.
      Exceptional hit rate with his transfers to date.
      Should have brought in a centre-back.

So 3 wins out of the opening 9 games.

4 wins and 3 draws.

Quick Reply