Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1544809 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14559: Oct 23, 2017 11:19:43 am
      Thing that worries me most is IF he did leave one way or another who would we end up with?

I shudder when I think of it.

I remember the exact same negative argument before Brendan left, in hindsight perhaps Klopp was a step backwards but he was a big name manager at the time and we can still attract the top managers in the world.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017 11:26:53 am by heimdall »
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,059 posts | 547 
      Reply #14560: Oct 23, 2017 11:48:41 am
      There is no way we should even be thinking about getting rid of Klopp. He is the man for us. He's taken a gamble on getting away with it for a season with sub standard defenders and it's bitten him on the arse. It was a mistake, but it's one he won't make again. Next 2 transfer windows he will surely get his finger out ( if not, THEN ok his position becomes a question, but not now).

He is still one of the best motivators, if not the best, in world football, and that counts for a huge amount. There is nobody around amongst the top managers that I'd rather have at the club.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #14561: Oct 23, 2017 11:49:45 am
      Apart from:

- Stadium expansion, with the owners currently looking at ways to develop the Anfield Road end
      - Investing millions in the redevelopment in the club stores in Liverpool, making them double the size they were previously
      - Further investment planned in the Academy / Melwood training facilities
      - The steady increase in our gross revenue - according to Forbes, our revenue was $295m in 2012, $296m in 2013, $313m in 2014, $415 in 2015, $471m in 2016.

The problem is that we are still miles behind Man Utd. Whilst we are closing the gap financially, they are still a long way away - their revenue for 2016 was $765m

It is frustrating when we see them sign players for mega amounts of money but the reality is that we are not even close to their level in terms of financial clout. The current owners have invested in long-term sources of revenue that will enable us to close the gap and built a solid base to begin to compete more steadily with the likes of Man Utd and Real Madrid etc.

However, we won't see the fruits of this investment for another few years. But to say that they don't invest in the club is nonsense and does not bear any scrutiny when held up against facts.

I'm almost certain that Stuey means "improved our fortunes" on the football front fella.

F**k... sure we ALL know that, on the otherhand, their business and capital assets portfolio (along with a huge return, for no further personal risk) has grown massively.

Sadly most of us are more concerned about the football team, (than wealthy businessmen getting richer off LFC's name) otherwise... you'd have a really, really, good point. 👍
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017 12:07:06 pm by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #14562: Oct 23, 2017 12:04:12 pm
      It saddens me to see fans (fans I genuinely hoped had learned) call for Jürgen's head in the same way they called for the head of Brendan and the King.

A [well F***ing documented btw] transfer "philosophy" which relies on searching for 'Value' first, rather than ability will see failure on the football front - irrespective of who the boss is.

Every time you get rid of a manager - you buy multi-millionaires another 3 years to get rich off your team; the team you say you love.

Wake up and smell the coffee - time to get rid of the carpetbaggers NOT another manager.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #14563: Oct 23, 2017 12:18:45 pm
      IMO we look a lot like last year's City.. good going forward creating a lot of chances but with no fullbacks.. a bad goalkeeper and a bad pair of center backs.. unfortunately the similarities stop there as I don't think FSG will spend 250mil to fix that :-\
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14564: Oct 23, 2017 12:21:26 pm
      Those calling for a change are knee jerking massively. Without coming across with my head buried in the sand or with rose tinted specs on I firmly believe Jürgen can turn it around. He's not faultless and has made a multitude of sins of which the patience and belief  in some of the no marks have now significantly impaired us.

I also believe that this has now come to a head and will stop I don't see some of those clowns running out for us again and rightfully so.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14565: Oct 23, 2017 12:41:18 pm
      Apart from:

- Stadium expansion, with the owners currently looking at ways to develop the Anfield Road end
      - Investing millions in the redevelopment in the club stores in Liverpool, making them double the size they were previously
      - Further investment planned in the Academy / Melwood training facilities
      - The steady increase in our gross revenue - according to Forbes, our revenue was $295m in 2012, $296m in 2013, $313m in 2014, $415 in 2015, $471m in 2016.

The problem is that we are still miles behind Man Utd. Whilst we are closing the gap financially, they are still a long way away - their revenue for 2016 was $765m

It is frustrating when we see them sign players for mega amounts of money but the reality is that we are not even close to their level in terms of financial clout. The current owners have invested in long-term sources of revenue that will enable us to close the gap and built a solid base to begin to compete more steadily with the likes of Man Utd and Real Madrid etc.

However, we won't see the fruits of this investment for another few years. But to say that they don't invest in the club is nonsense and does not bear any scrutiny when held up against facts.

Spurs are behind us, at least in terms of both wages and transfer spend, yet in all but one year since FSG took over, they've finished above us, proving that the lack of money when viewed in isolation is not the problem. Spurs might operate on a lower budget to us but they are a lot better at identifying who they need and getting them in through the door. Where we fu**ed around over Deli Ali, they walked in and slapped the money on the table. When we had an agreement with Van Dyke to join the club, we spent our time breifing the press how he'd chosen us over City and Chelsea rather than putting an offer in.

Of course having more money is going to be helpful but without a recruitment team capable of getting the business done, what does that money count for? We could be the world's richest team and it counts for nought if we can't close deals. Then there's a manager who still thinks we have quality in the side and that coaching is the solution to all our problems. To quote his press conference, “You don't have to talk about quality, if they didn't have quality, they would not be involved in the squad of Liverpool, 100%. We talk about this from the first match day, the only way to fix it is to stay strong and work on it.". Without a manager who is ruthless enough to cut dead wood from the team and be a little less arrogant about his ability to polish turds into diamonds, having rich owners with a recruitment team capable of closing deals is worth very little because you won't get every deal right, not every recruited player is going to be a succes and you cannot keep players in who persistantly fail because of a misguided confidence in your own abilities.

This is why I've said the problems we have are systemic. No one area in isolation can improve our fortunes. Having that revenue increase, the new stand and a state of the art training facilty doesn't guarantee you success without all the other parts of the puzzle being addressed. This club needs a major restructuring and a lot of dead wood, both on and off the pitch, needs to be cleared out.
      3rdJune1892
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #14566: Oct 23, 2017 12:44:23 pm
      The way our club is being run LFC and Klopp are a mismatch that isn't working.

With our buy value not at the top of the market policy we need a manager who can work with what he's got and players with potential and over his time here I'm not seeing any evidence with our team that this is Klopp. He is seemingly excused because he didn't get his players over the summer. If that's what he needs it's patently obvious to me Klopp is the wrong man. He's a likeable guy who seems to have great personal PR but that's not good enough for LFC.

As much as it hurts my, and our, footballing egos to admit it we don't need a galactico manager we need a blood and guts manager who can improve and organises the players we have not keep pining for those players that got away in the transfer market.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14567: Oct 23, 2017 01:37:30 pm
      The way our club is being run LFC and Klopp are a mismatch that isn't working.

With our buy value not at the top of the market policy we need a manager who can work with what he's got and players with potential and over his time here I'm not seeing any evidence with our team that this is Klopp. He is seemingly excused because he didn't get his players over the summer. If that's what he needs it's patently obvious to me Klopp is the wrong man. He's a likeable guy who seems to have great personal PR but that's not good enough for LFC.

As much as it hurts my, and our, footballing egos to admit it we don't need a galactico manager we need a blood and guts manager who can improve and organises the players we have not keep pining for those players that got away in the transfer market.
      Sean Dyche it is then!

:D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14568: Oct 23, 2017 02:02:49 pm
      There is no way we should even be thinking about getting rid of Klopp. He is the man for us. He's taken a gamble on getting away with it for a season with sub standard defenders and it's bitten him on the arse. It was a mistake, but it's one he won't make again. Next 2 transfer windows he will surely get his finger out ( if not, THEN ok his position becomes a question, but not now).

He is still one of the best motivators, if not the best, in world football, and that counts for a huge amount. There is nobody around amongst the top managers that I'd rather have at the club.

Oh so its only 1 transfer window he hasn't addressed the issue then, F***ing bollocks the man has been here nearly 2 and half seasons now and had more than enough time to fix the team and specifically the defence but its arguably worse than ever. He simply does not see a need or does not know how to do it, both are deeply worrying and sorry but that does inevitably  lead to talk of replacing Klopp as the manager.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14569: Oct 23, 2017 02:08:54 pm
      It saddens me to see fans (fans I genuinely hoped had learned) call for Jürgen's head in the same way they called for the head of Brendan and the King.

A [well f**king documented btw] transfer "philosophy" which relies on searching for 'Value' first, rather than ability will see failure on the football front - irrespective of who the boss is.

Every time you get rid of a manager - you buy multi-millionaires another 3 years to get rich off your team; the team you say you love.

Wake up and smell the coffee - time to get rid of the carpetbaggers NOT another manager.

Please remind me how the owners are taking money out of the club, I'm intrigued to hear this, no one has ever been able to back up the libellous statement. BTW if they increase club revenue then that is a very very good thing, its just a shame that we waste it on it buying top players like the Ox ;-)
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14570: Oct 23, 2017 02:38:28 pm
      I love klopp think he great manager Christ make job hard for himself simple really sell mig can what leave get rid he not good enough should sold Phil l know he one best players but maybe money be better lf sold him brought in two top centre backs and other top forward give woodburn Chance and loven should be sold too
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14571: Oct 23, 2017 02:39:10 pm
      Henderson never should be captain of our club squad player at best
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #14572: Oct 23, 2017 03:20:42 pm
      Jesus - the amount of people blaming Jürgen for Lovren and Migs contracts / wages.

Seriously? What club you been watching for the last 7 years?

Had more input than you or me but that’s about all you can say........
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14573: Oct 23, 2017 03:25:26 pm
      Jesus - the amount of people blaming Jürgen for Lovren and Migs contracts / wages.

People are blaming him because he's the one that keeps playing them, he's the one that recommended them for long term contracts rather than shipping them out the door, failing to recognise what many of us have said for years in that these players aren't good enough to play for Liverpool, and he's the one that publicly stated it was too difficult to find upgrades on our defenders so we wouldn't even bother trying if we couldn't get Van Dyke. He brought this criticism on himself, he dug this hole we're in and leaped head first into it, so the onus is on him to climb his way out, dragging the team along behind him. It's perfectly acceptable to criticise when its due.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #14574: Oct 23, 2017 03:29:39 pm
      People are blaming him because he's the one that keeps playing them, he's the one that recommended them for long term contracts rather than shipping them out the door, failing to recognise what many of us have said for years in that these players aren't good enough to play for Liverpool, and he's the one that publicly stated it was too difficult to find upgrades on our defenders so we wouldn't even bother trying if we couldn't get Van Dyke. He brought this criticism on himself, he dug this hole we're in and leaped head first into it, so the onus is on him to climb his way out, dragging the team along behind him. It's perfectly acceptable to criticise when its due.

How many players over the last 8 years have been bought that aren't good enough for LFC?
      The common factor once again among the assorted managers is FSG,
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #14575: Oct 23, 2017 03:29:43 pm

Yep criticise him for playing them - no problem with that.

The contracts he will have little input on - beyond “are you arsed about losing them”.....in my opinion.

He deserves criticism just now, players even more so.....But not for pay/rations of the players. Anybody who thinks he’s in charge of that is deluded.

Might as well criticise him for a lack of decent veggie food in the “Boot Room” cafe........
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017 03:35:20 pm by Scotia »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #14576: Oct 23, 2017 04:02:15 pm
      Truly awful performance, especially in defence. Think Spurs could have won by an even bigger margin tbh. Gifting them with the first goals with shambolic defending nothing new. Where do we go from here, I am not too sure, it is mainly down to Klopp to sort out the defence, which seems to be going from bad too worse. On the other side of the coin, is he receiving the support from FSG, to bring in the defenders required to do the job, if not he will be fighting a losing battle. Unfortunately if this is the case the club will fall further behind the top sides, ending up in relative obscurity, which is what no one wants.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017 04:15:01 pm by David Wright »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14577: Oct 23, 2017 04:17:45 pm
      How many players over the last 8 years have been bought that aren't good enough for LFC?
      The common factor once again among the assorted managers is FSG,

zzzzzzzzzzzz yes of course its all the owners fault isn't it Stuey, every sodding thread that little agenda of yours comes back again, change the bloody record please and realise that whi9lst the owners are not perfect the blame for the display against Spurs has f all to do with them.
      The owners do NOT tell what formation or players Klopp should play.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14578: Oct 23, 2017 04:19:50 pm
      Yep criticise him for playing them - no problem with that.

The contracts he will have little input on - beyond “are you arsed about losing them”.....in my opinion.

He deserves criticism just now, players even more so.....But not for pay/rations of the players. Anybody who thinks he’s in charge of that is deluded.

Might as well criticise him for a lack of decent veggie food in the “Boot Room” cafe........

Oh come on but that's crap, if Klopp didn't want to play them then they wouldn't play and if they didn't play then we'd sell instead of giving them new lucrative contracts. Klopp sadly has his favourites and he's to bloody stupid or arrogant to admit his faults and fix them, it's quite sad really, I had high hopes for the German.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14579: Oct 23, 2017 04:59:14 pm

I don’t blame him for that, but I do blame him for not addressing our weaknesses.

Let this sink in a bit;

- Conceded more than we’ve scored
      - Most we’ve conceded at this stage since the 40’s
      - 12 points behind City after just 9 games
      - For all our so called attacking power, our GD is -1. City have +30
      - we’ve been thumped 5-0 and 4-1 within the first 9 games

I don’t t care if you are Jürgen Klopp, Brendan Rodgers, Rafa Benitez, Woy or even the king. That is completely and totally unacceptable and I’m not for one second accepting FSG as the reason for this, we’ve not had proper investment from them from day 1 but we’ve proven last season we can get the points from the so called big teams. Klopp needs to get his head out the clouds right now and sort this joke of a team out.

City spend money on a keeper, Mendy, Walker and whoever else they need to improve and at this rate they will have the league won by March! Not to mention they were close to getting Sanchez.
      We waste £50mill on Ox and Robertson, one of which had a year on his contract and was in an area we are well packed.

This season has been abysmal since day 1, get a grip or we are in danger of slipping further behind the pack.

We are all happy to praise how good Klopp is when things are going well, when we are hitting 4 past Arsenal but it goes both ways.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017 05:16:34 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14580: Oct 23, 2017 05:12:43 pm
      Out of the top five European leagues, we've conceded the most goals (or joint top)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #14581: Oct 23, 2017 05:19:56 pm
      I don’t blame him for that, but I do blame him for not addressing our weaknesses.

Let this sink in a bit;

- Conceded more than we’ve scored
      - Most we’ve conceded at this stage since the 40’s
      - 12 points behind City after just 9 games
      - For all our so called attacking power, our GD is -1. City have +30
      - we’ve been thumped 5-0 and 4-1 within the first 9 games

I don’t t care if you are Jürgen Klopp, Brendan Rodgers, Rafa Benitez, Woy or even the king. That is completely and totally unacceptable and I’m not for one second accepting FSG as the reason for this, we’ve not had proper investment from them from day 1 but we’ve proven last season we can get the points from the so called big teams. Klopp needs to get his head out the clouds right now and sort this joke of a team out.

City spend money on a keeper, Mendy, Walker and whoever else they need to improve and at this rate they will have the league won by March! Not to mention they were close to getting Sanchez.
      We waste £50mill on Ox and Robertson, one of which had a year on his contract and was in an area we are well packed.

This season has been abysmal since day 1, get a grip or we are in danger of slipping further behind the pack.

We are all happy to praise how good Klopp is when things are going well, when we are hitting 4 past Arsenal but it goes both ways.

I’m in no way saying he is or should be immune to criticism of our performances.

I am saying blaming him for length / remuneration in contracts is absurd. Patently so.

That’s all.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017 06:14:59 pm by Scotia »

Quick Reply