Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1549216 times
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15295: Dec 25, 2017 05:34:32 am
      Why not? Guardiola did. Comes in, bins off Hart because he's sh*t, brings in Bravo. He doesn't work out so he goes out and gets Ederson who proves the difference maker this season. Let me put it another way to you. How long do you think Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Keita, whomever else comes in is going to stay at our club if all their efforts to win enough matches to win silveerware are wasted because the gaffer doesn't sort out the defensive side of the squad? There's a stat knocking around, I don't know if you've seen it or if it's been posted up here, but 41 points we've dropped from winning positions, more than anyone else in Europe since Klopp took over. If not now, over the next two windows, then when?

Guardiola spent $150m in the summer bolstering his full backs. Not sure if you are aware but our owners are hardly oil rich tycoons throwing silly money around.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #15296: Dec 25, 2017 05:35:58 am
      Merry Christmas to the gaffer  wouldn't want anyone else in charge.

Still the main man for me.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #15297: Dec 25, 2017 08:08:39 am
      Merry Christmas to the gaffer  wouldn't want anyone else in charge.

Still the main man for me.

Me too, love him.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #15298: Dec 25, 2017 09:27:11 am
       :mad:
      Anyone calling for Klopp’s head is an outright idiot.

As for change....I’m sure he will be making the changes he feels are necessary. I’d love to have a new keeper but I suppose he can’t snap his fingers and have one right now. Hopefully....soon......

Said it before Ward is as good if not better than the 2 before him in the goalkeeping stakes
      Anyone calling for Klopp’s head is an outright idiot.

As for change....I’m sure he will be making the changes he feels are necessary. I’d love to have a new keeper but I suppose he can’t snap his fingers and have one right now. Hopefully....soon......

It's all about opinions mate on the subject of goalkeepers I was delighted when Liverpool signed Adam Bogdan, I had the stupid impression he was exactly what we needed, everytime I watched him he stuck out like a sore thumb commanding brave agile a real goalie ,put a Liverbird on his chest and he was shot to F**k the job was too much for him what was once pretty good and rock steady got the jitters and become a liability sadly very much like our number 1 and 2 at this moment in time IMO.

We do need another keeper of that I have no doubt but before we go and spend millions  I think it would be foolish not to give
      Danny Ward a chance to stake his claim ,I`d hate to think we won't see him till a cup game next year let's be up front your sitting in the stand watching Tic & Toc your thinking   

" Jürgen your having a laugh" .

If a bit off Santa's magic saw Ward. VVD, & Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang as our spine would it be so bad,yeah Ive had a beer or 3 up since 5 place is a nut house already ,going to buy f***in batteries  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Merry Xmas All  :food-smiley-005:
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15299: Dec 25, 2017 09:28:55 am
      For me Klopp is safe through this season, next and 2019/20. Let him do his stuff and don't bother him. If he hasn't brought us any silverware (FA Cup, CL, PL) up to the summer of 2020 then I'd analyze the situation rigorously (which doesn't mean I'd fire him, just a serious and scrutinizing scouting of Klopp's work). We as fans and the management need to stay patient and don't let minor stuff like the latest Mig mistakes drives us nuts. Of course, b*tching is still allowed after a game, that's just natural, in fact Jürgen does it too, in his way.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15300: Dec 25, 2017 09:35:29 am
      For me Klopp is safe through this season, next and 2019/20. Let him do his stuff and don't bother him. If he hasn't brought us any silverware (FA Cup, CL, PL) up to the summer of 2020 then I'd analyze the situation rigorously (which doesn't mean I'd fire him, just a serious and scrutinizing scouting of Klopp's work). We as fans and the management need to stay patient and don't let minor stuff like the latest Mig mistakes drives us nuts. Of course, b*tching is still allowed after a game, that's just natural, in fact Jürgen does it too, in his way.
      If I were JW & Co, as long as Klopp gets rid of Migs and puts who should be decent in goal, he should be fine. If he continues to think Migs is the bees nees hes gotta go, seriously! It's probably not too far from reality as Klopps job could be on the line with the Mignolet situation or getting close to it.
      Kopite78
      Reply #15301: Dec 25, 2017 09:41:09 am
      If I were JW & Co, as long as Klopp gets rid of Migs and puts who should be decent in goal, he should be fine. If he continues to think Migs is the bees nees hes gotta go, seriously! It's probably not too far from reality as Klopps job could be on the line with the Mignolet situation or getting close to it.

Irregardless of  Mignolet's level the first time the owners get involved in 'team selection' then I'd imagine he would walk... And rightly so

They know less than you about the game
      I know it's hard to believe right
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15302: Dec 25, 2017 09:47:13 am
      Irregardless of  Mignolet's level the first time the owners get involved in 'team selection' then I'd imagine he would walk... And rightly so

They know less than you about the game
      I know it's hard to believe right
      i understand that side about managers choice, but the pressure is mounting for a change in goal and frustration is penetrating to deep within the fans and players can feel that. It's going to absolutely destroy moral to leave things as they are.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #15303: Dec 25, 2017 09:52:01 am
      I’m hoping Real drop their interest in De Gea. If he stays at Utd. We can make a move for Schmichael.
      I’m sure he would leave Leicester, but would favour Utd due to his Dads connections there. As long as DeGea stays there it won’t happen.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15304: Dec 25, 2017 11:09:56 am
      If we talk about goalies I'd recommend Ulreich from Bayern. He does a pretty good in the absence of Neuer and will be available soon if Neuer returns. He's 192cm and that's better than Karius' 189cm. That matters in top level goalkeeping. Also he's German and should be comfortable with Klopp and of course we Germans have the best goalkeepers anyway.^^

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15305: Dec 25, 2017 11:33:43 am
      Should it bother Klopp that Conte won the league in his first attempt and now Pep is all but set to win his first one in his second season here but he has not even come close to winning it yet? I think it should.

Truth is that nearly every manager in the top European leagues who have won something in the past 30 years have done so in the first couple of seasons at their clubs. Some notable exceptions apply - Ferguson being the obvious one. Klopp himself won the league with Dortmund in his third season.

I think context matters here. I wouldn't really have expected Klopp to have won the league at this point. But I do beware of the shouts of Rome wasn't built in a day type, after I checked the past 30 years of every one of the main European leagues. Most of the time the calls for patience are just wishful thinking. No point waiting too long if then we start losing our best players and just start over again. If we want to win something, we have to go for it, keep the core of our best players and spend money.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #15306: Dec 25, 2017 11:45:53 am
      If we talk about goalies I'd recommend Ulreich from Bayern. He does a pretty good in the absence of Neuer and will be available soon if Neuer returns. He's 192cm and that's better than Karius' 189cm. That matters in top level goalkeeping. Also he's German and should be comfortable with Klopp and of course we Germans have the best goalkeepers anyway.^^

The Mignolet fan wants us to sign this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s7Ryke7s6A
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #15307: Dec 25, 2017 01:14:35 pm
      He needs get better goalkeeper better cbacks maybe other midfielder and still think we need other forward but problem we have anytime good players like salah mane Phil have great season clubs like Barcelona real Madrid city come looking buy our players
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #15308: Dec 25, 2017 01:59:48 pm

Yeah, it all went wrong for England goalies after Clemence.
      The fat tw*t Shilton was so far up Bobby Robsons arse, surprised he managed to get his boots on.
      And From there on we were in decline.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #15309: Dec 25, 2017 05:07:27 pm
      Jürgen Klopp's Christmas message to Liverpool fans

I would like to wish all of our supporters, however they choose to mark this time of year, a very happy and peaceful Christmas.

I know our fans, be they from Liverpool the city itself, across the UK or from anywhere around the world, have a diverse set of beliefs and customs – and some who choose to follow none. This is the case within our team, for example – a wonderful and diverse coming together of cultures and backgrounds.

But regardless of faith or religion, at this time of year in the UK and many parts of the globe people come together with friends and family to enjoy spending time with each other. I absolutely love this.

This is my third Christmas as manager of Liverpool Football Club and I feel more energised and excited than I ever have done about the times we have ahead of us.

Of course, we would like more wins, more points and to be on track to win everything we compete for. I know this is important for our supporters. But I think in football, as in life, you can make a choice to be joyful and enjoy great moments and great times together. We have had these moments and we have had them in the last few years. These moments have been more special for those of us blessed to work for the club because we have shared them with our supporters.

It is important never to make specific promises that you can’t guarantee 100 per cent you can deliver on – but that doesn’t mean we should ever try to hide our ambitions in the shade or stop ourselves lifting our heads high and love being part of LFC. I say again – when I look at where we are as a team and a club and the progress we make, and the strides forward we take, I am filled with positivity and hope for 2018 and the years beyond.

There are crazy things happening in the world at the moment and football is not immune to it. For our supporters, wherever in the world, who are experiencing tough times, I hope that Christmas brings some respite from the day-to-day struggles of life.

Very close to us, Anfield and Melwood, we have two causes that demonstrate perfectly why those of us who are blessed with health and opportunity should always be thankful for it and not ignore our friends and neighbours.

At Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, there’ll be brave kids and parents today who are fighting some of the most important battles you could ever imagine – and doing it with courage and spirit. They’re courageously battling with the help and support of the world-class staff, be it doctors, nurses, porters, cleaners, security or admin staff. Their dedication and compassion makes Alder Hey the amazing place Liverpool is so unbelievably proud of.

Locally – at Anfield and across the city – the various foodbank projects have supported families and individuals who are in need of a helping hand, not because of any fault of their own, but the circumstances they find themselves in, completely beyond their control. For this to be the case in a country that has wealth and resources like this one, is simply beyond belief. The extent the volunteers from organisations like Fans Supporting Foodbanks go to, to help and support others in their local community, is very humbling.

There’ll be hundreds and hundreds of other volunteers across Merseyside giving up their Christmas Day to help and support others – and also others working their regular jobs for the care and safety of others. To these special people we say a very loud Merry Christmas.

On behalf of the team, we look forward to seeing a good number of you at Anfield on Boxing Day and I know many more will be watching, listening and following the match through other means. We always appreciate your support and recognise that in doing so you invest a great deal in us. We will never take this for granted.

Have a great day, however you choose to spend it.

You’ll Never Walk Alone

Jürgen

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/285054-Jürgen-klopp-s-christmas-message-to-liverpool-fans

Merry Christmas to you too, Jürgen. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching us since your arrival. Here's to many more years under your management.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #15310: Dec 25, 2017 06:42:54 pm
      I’m hoping Real drop their interest in De Gea. If he stays at Utd. We can make a move for Schmichael.
      I’m sure he would leave Leicester, but would favour Utd due to his Dads connections there. As long as DeGea stays there it won’t happen.

Let’s just go in for De Gea.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #15311: Dec 25, 2017 06:44:49 pm

I would like to wish all of our supporters, however they choose to mark this time of year, a very happy and peaceful Christmas.

I know our fans, be they from Liverpool the city itself, across the UK or from anywhere around the world, have a diverse set of beliefs and customs – and some who choose to follow none. This is the case within our team, for example – a wonderful and diverse coming together of cultures and backgrounds.

But regardless of faith or religion, at this time of year in the UK and many parts of the globe people come together with friends and family to enjoy spending time with each other. I absolutely love this.

This is my third Christmas as manager of Liverpool Football Club and I feel more energised and excited than I ever have done about the times we have ahead of us.

Of course, we would like more wins, more points and to be on track to win everything we compete for. I know this is important for our supporters. But I think in football, as in life, you can make a choice to be joyful and enjoy great moments and great times together. We have had these moments and we have had them in the last few years. These moments have been more special for those of us blessed to work for the club because we have shared them with our supporters.

It is important never to make specific promises that you can’t guarantee 100 per cent you can deliver on – but that doesn’t mean we should ever try to hide our ambitions in the shade or stop ourselves lifting our heads high and love being part of LFC. I say again – when I look at where we are as a team and a club and the progress we make, and the strides forward we take, I am filled with positivity and hope for 2018 and the years beyond.

There are crazy things happening in the world at the moment and football is not immune to it. For our supporters, wherever in the world, who are experiencing tough times, I hope that Christmas brings some respite from the day-to-day struggles of life.

Very close to us, Anfield and Melwood, we have two causes that demonstrate perfectly why those of us who are blessed with health and opportunity should always be thankful for it and not ignore our friends and neighbours.

At Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, there’ll be brave kids and parents today who are fighting some of the most important battles you could ever imagine – and doing it with courage and spirit. They’re courageously battling with the help and support of the world-class staff, be it doctors, nurses, porters, cleaners, security or admin staff. Their dedication and compassion makes Alder Hey the amazing place Liverpool is so unbelievably proud of.

Locally – at Anfield and across the city – the various foodbank projects have supported families and individuals who are in need of a helping hand, not because of any fault of their own, but the circumstances they find themselves in, completely beyond their control. For this to be the case in a country that has wealth and resources like this one, is simply beyond belief. The extent the volunteers from organisations like Fans Supporting Foodbanks go to, to help and support others in their local community, is very humbling.

There’ll be hundreds and hundreds of other volunteers across Merseyside giving up their Christmas Day to help and support others – and also others working their regular jobs for the care and safety of others. To these special people we say a very loud Merry Christmas.

On behalf of the team, we look forward to seeing a good number of you at Anfield on Boxing Day and I know many more will be watching, listening and following the match through other means. We always appreciate your support and recognise that in doing so you invest a great deal in us. We will never take this for granted.

You’ll Never Walk Alone

Jürgen

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/285054-Jürgen-klopp-s-christmas-message-to-liverpool-fans

Merry Christmas to you too, Jürgen. I have thoroughly enjoyed watching us since your arrival. Here's to many more years under your management.

How can you not love the man. Long may he stay with us.

Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15312: Dec 25, 2017 07:05:01 pm
      How can you not love the man. Long may he stay with us.

You mean Klopp or the guy who wrote the letter for him?
      3rdJune1892
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #15313: Dec 25, 2017 10:28:53 pm
      For me Klopp is safe through this season, next and 2019/20. Let him do his stuff and don't bother him. If he hasn't brought us any silverware (FA Cup, CL, PL) up to the summer of 2020 then I'd analyze the situation rigorously (which doesn't mean I'd fire him, just a serious and scrutinizing scouting of Klopp's work).

5 years winning nothing and you'd review his performance rigorously. I wish you were my boss.  :lmao:

The problem is top players want to win stuff and if we're not winning how do we keep top players and attract new ones.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15314: Dec 25, 2017 10:47:47 pm

You’ll Never Walk Alone

Jürgen

Merry Christmas Jürgen.

zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15315: Dec 25, 2017 10:55:27 pm

You’ll Never Walk Alone

Jürgen

Merry Christmas Jürgen
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #15316: Dec 25, 2017 11:12:29 pm
      You mean Klopp or the guy who wrote the letter for him?

Don’t act like such a pr**k.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,328 posts | 773 
      Reply #15317: Dec 26, 2017 10:42:13 am
      "Hard to beat" but need to "sort out defence". Sounds oxymoron, but it's not wrong. Yeah, that's our team. :lmao:

oxymoron - good word !

Quick Reply