Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1532037 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,976 posts | 3059 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15502: Jan 06, 2018 11:24:13 am
      If we can add another quality striker, 2 creative midfielders, 1 CB & 1 goalie, then I believe we have a title winning side..

Man it's a joy to have Klopp bossing us..

Ps: Klopp still not appointed that defensive coach yet ?  :roll:

Yeh I was just meaning this window Shabs - totally agree overall / longer term.

Karius / Mario about as close to “iffy” signings as he’s made this far?

Look forward to the next batch of “one dimensional”, “tactically naive” posts from the belters who you you wouldn’t trust to set up a subbuteo team without eating one of the players and a floodlight

:f_doh:
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #15503: Jan 06, 2018 05:35:38 pm
      Lying pos, don’t say not for sale and then lie and sell him

God I wish we had a winner in charge willing to buy the players we need

No doubt people lapping up using ever word will be here to defend him but f***in hell,
      No excuse not buying 3
      Players to fix our issues unless his ego stops him

Wenger mark 2

We are turning into arsenal
      « Last Edit: Jan 06, 2018 05:45:59 pm by KeepTheFaith »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #15504: Jan 06, 2018 05:41:39 pm
      Lying pos

No doubt people lapping up using ever word will be here to defend him but f***in hell,
      No excuse not buying 3
      Players to fix our issues unless his ego stops him

Wenger mark 2

We are turning into arsenal

Can we get this nutter banned yet? Calling the boss a lying POS I would think should seal the deal.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15505: Jan 06, 2018 05:45:43 pm
      Can we get this nutter banned yet? Calling the boss a lying POS I would think should seal the deal.
      look at this guy, trying to influence mods into banning people. I'm sure that the moderators can make decisions on their own.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #15506: Jan 06, 2018 05:48:39 pm
      He lied and that if a fact. You call a back cat a black cat

If you have your head too far up his arse then that is your problem.

We need a winner in charge, maybe not you but the club does

You can’t trust fsg or klopp, one of the same
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #15507: Jan 06, 2018 05:49:52 pm
      He lied and that if a fact. You call a back cat a black cat

If you have your head too far up his arse then that is your problem.

We need a winner in charge, maybe not you but the club does

You can’t trust fsg or klopp, one of the same

17 games unbeaten since the Spurs lost. You've lost the plot, go troll some other forum you numpty.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15508: Jan 06, 2018 05:50:58 pm

We needed a CB...we signed one, not even a week ago. He then put us in the next round of the FA cup.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #15509: Jan 06, 2018 05:53:05 pm
      We needed a CB...we signed one, not even a week ago. He then put us in the next round of the FA cup.

We just need so much more which he refuses to buy. He has the money!! God I wish we had Rafa still here

Dare to be the best, if we don’t get top 4. Klopp has to go, this is all on him
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #15510: Jan 06, 2018 05:54:04 pm
      17 games unbeaten since the Spurs lost. You've lost the plot, go troll some other forum you numpty.

Look man, I ain’t down doubting it but if he wanted to try to win, we would not have our keeper, defence or cm

He also lied to us, he lied to us!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #15511: Jan 06, 2018 05:56:18 pm
      Look man, I ain’t down doubting it but if he wanted to try to win, we would not have our keeper, defence or cm

Where did he lie to US? I don't remember Klopp ever telling me that he wouldn't sell Coutinho in January. What I seem to remember is him saying that he doesn't want players that don't want to be here.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,489 posts | 220 
      Reply #15512: Jan 06, 2018 05:57:59 pm
      Where did he lie to US? I don't remember Klopp ever telling me that he wouldn't sell Coutinho in January. What I seem to remember is him saying that he doesn't want players that don't want to be here.

Pip was not for sale, yet he sells him in jan... available for city...no he isn’t

We can’t be the best with someone willing to sacrifice cl footy for money

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15513: Jan 06, 2018 05:58:23 pm
      We just need so much more which he refuses to buy. He has the money!! God I wish we had Rafa still here

I agree it would be Klopps fault if we don't finish in the top four, but it will be because of his stubbornness to not get a better goalkeeper more than anything else. Coutinho with all hus fancy goals couldn't tackle or win anything in the air. Being a deep lying playmaker without being able to challenge for balls near the back is a non starter. We don't typically use #10 in a front three, which means Coutinho was on the wing. He's a good winger but not world class. Barcelona overpaid and if anything, it will hurt them more in future sales. Nobody will sell good players for under 140m to them now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15514: Jan 06, 2018 05:58:56 pm

We tried to get Keita and VVD last summer. We got a Keita deal done and VVD done before the window even opened. We signed a player who had 23 goals before the new year!
      How do you know we haven’t got deals lined up now?

Say we signed Lemar. Surely VVD and Lemar, the arrival of 2 quality players is better than the departure of 1 who keeps missing games by faking injury? Coutinho is a great player but what good is he if he can’t play because he is faking an injury? It then makes no difference if he’s at the club or not.

We are supposedly in for Mahrez too, what if that’s 3 arrivals this month? Maybe even the signing of Goretzka for the summer? Then what, then will you “keep the faith”?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,342 posts | 6391 
      Reply #15515: Jan 06, 2018 05:59:53 pm
      Pip was not for sale, yet he sells him in jan... available for city...no he isn’t

We can’t be the best with someone willing to sacrifice cl footy for money

He never said he wasn't for sale did he? Only that he wasn't going to talk about it. Phil was available for Man City until he wasn't. C'mon, are you that thick? You think Managers are going to tell everyone what's going on the behind the scenes with players that are going to get sold. You aren't that effing stupid are you? Are you?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15516: Jan 06, 2018 06:01:22 pm

That last line is almost Trumpian in it's unjustified false rage.

Behave yourself you tart!
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15517: Jan 06, 2018 06:17:04 pm
      Either Jürgen sincerely thinks C. is replaceable or C. did scam in a way so that Klopp threw every principle over board to get the cancer out of the team asap. I have to say I tend to the first. C*ntinho is not de Bruyne.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #15518: Jan 06, 2018 06:25:47 pm
      From this point on - no aggressive and unnecessary arguing, no bitching at each other for minor disagreements.

Show each other a bit of respect. Something that we seem to be sorely lacking at this moment in time.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #15519: Jan 06, 2018 06:39:06 pm

sigh...here ya go.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr8jy8h4Rkc
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,296 posts | 1666 
      Reply #15520: Jan 06, 2018 06:57:44 pm
      Big test for the boss now obviously had his say in him leaving so must think he can replace him or cope with what he has
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #15521: Jan 06, 2018 07:00:34 pm
      All of Klopp's signings have been big success so far. So I trust him in finding proper replacement for Coutinho. Just hoping that he'll get all the help he needs to get the players he wants in a timely manner...
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15522: Jan 06, 2018 07:11:44 pm
      Jürgen Klopp offered his reaction to the news Liverpool Football Club have today reached an agreement with FC Barcelona for the transfer of Philippe Coutinho, subject to the player passing a medical and agreeing personal terms with the La Liga side.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “It is with great reluctance that we – as a team and club – prepare to say farewell to a good friend, a wonderful person and a fantastic player in Philippe Coutinho.

“It is no secret that Philippe has wanted this move to happen since July, when Barcelona first made their interest known.

“Philippe was insistent with me, the owners and even his teammates this was a move he was desperate to make happen.

“Despite that, we managed to keep the player here beyond the summer window, hoping that we would be able to persuade him to stay and be part of what we are looking to do.

“I can tell the Liverpool supporters that we, as a club, have done everything within our means to convince Philippe that remaining part of LFC was as attractive as moving to Spain, but he is 100 per cent certain his future – and that of his family – belongs at Barcelona. It is his dream and I am now convinced there is nothing left at our disposal to change his mind.

“Philippe has made a fantastic contribution to this club over his five years of service and as disappointed as we are he doesn’t want to extend that, the relationship we have for him means with a heavy heart we wish him well.

“The player remained dedicated and committed to helping us win matches, producing good performances and training hard each day at Melwood after the summer window had closed, despite failing to convince us to allow him to leave during that period and that level of professionalism reflects positively on him.

“Of course, it is totally understandable that supporters will be disappointed; this is always the case when you have to say goodbye to someone special. But, as hard as it is sometimes to accept, it is part of life and part of football – individuals have their own dreams and their own goals and objectives in life.

“Players will come and players will go, that is football, but as a club we are big enough and strong enough to continue with our aggressive progression on the pitch, even when we lose an important player. We have never been in a better position in recent times, as a club, to react in the right way. We will use our size and strength to absorb moments like this and still move forward.

“I have been here long enough now to know in the history of Liverpool, key players have left before – but the club always goes on. You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.

“I have so much belief in the talent we have here already and even more faith, together with our owners, that we will make continued investment into the playing squad, which will allow more growth and more improvement.

“So as we bid farewell to Philippe, we continue on our path of progress and development as we work towards our common goal of bringing trophies back to Anfield.”
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15523: Jan 06, 2018 07:15:46 pm
      Between the lines I read: They tried all they could, but C. played the c*nt, at the end they were so frustrated that they pulled the trigger rather than play along. Klopp is frustrated and has no cunning plan to replace C, but will go along.

This is bad. Apparently C. did so much havoc that LFC just lost the cool. Worst case scenario. I hope something good comes out of this, somehow.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #15524: Jan 06, 2018 07:27:16 pm
      “Keep the faith” is singleton in disguise 🤣 F**k off lad you talk sh*te 💩

Quick Reply