Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1544186 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #7153: May 03, 2016 09:12:18 pm
      Thought there was another manger in the not so distant past that would have played it the same way.

We will just trounce them at Anfield.

Brendan? Nah he would have got a nosebleed going so far in a European competition  :)

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #7154: May 03, 2016 09:14:09 pm
      Brendan? Nah he would have got a nosebleed going so far in a European competition  :)

I was thinking Rafa myself but before my time perhaps I would be wrong.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #7155: May 03, 2016 09:17:29 pm
      I was thinking Rafa myself but before my time perhaps I would be wrong.

Only kidding with you, but your right Rafa was the master of Europe.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7156: May 03, 2016 09:18:16 pm
      Thought there was another manger in the not so distant past that would have played it the same way.

There was mate and he didn't start our most prolific striker in the CL FINAL and we lost that game too.

:)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,451 posts | 8657 
      Reply #7157: May 03, 2016 09:32:32 pm
      There was mate and he didn't start our most prolific striker in the CL FINAL and we lost that game too.

:)

Stretching things there describing Crouchie as prolific, saint ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7158: May 03, 2016 09:37:17 pm
      Stretching things there describing Crouchie as prolific, saint ;)

Maybe a bit of poetic licence mate, but he scored 7 CL goals and 18 in all comps that season. 
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7159: May 03, 2016 09:42:21 pm
      Maybe a bit of poetic licence mate, but he scored 7 CL goals and 18 in all comps that season. 

Somewhat underrated and forgotten is Crouchie. Shame that for Crouch that he didn't start the final. Had scored a great hattrick against Arsenal about a month before that final as well.
      Mattie 84
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #7160: May 03, 2016 09:46:42 pm
      Course he doesn't mate and he couldn't give a sh*t what we think anyway.

Let's hope if he keeps making these "mistakes" that people don't like, they don't end up driving him out of the Club.  Afterall we clearly know far more about football than he does  ;D

Jürgen Klopp does not regret putting Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge on the bench against Villarreal
      By Allan Valente

Last Updated: 29/04/16 11:58pm

Jürgen Klopp has no regrets about leaving Daniel Sturridge on the bench for Liverpool's Europa League defeat to Villarreal and says he would make the same decision again.

The England international, who has scored four in his last five matches, was an unused substitute in the semi-final first leg defeat in Spain on Thursday night, despite the Reds lacking a cutting edge up front.

Thousands of fans on social media were left bemused by the decision but Klopp insists he has to make difficult decisions in the best interests of the team and, if he was given the chance again, he would still not change his line-up for the game.

"It is about finding stability.  With decisions like this it is always two questions," Klopp said.  "Was it the right decision to choose this line-up?  With a 1-0 defeat you cannot be sure it is 100 per cent right.

"The next question is: Would I do it again?  Yes.  Then it is finished and I don't have to think about it again.  That is my life - making decisions and in the end accepting the result.

"With Daniel [Sturridge] in particular it is not about how it is always, it was a decision for this line-up.  That is very important.  It was not against Daniel.

"My job is not to do what you the media want, what the player wants, it is to try to help the player and help the team in this moment.  I always try to do my best and because I am not perfect maybe it sometimes does not work.  But next time I will try it again."

The 26-year-old is likely to return to the team for Sunday's trip to Swansea and Klopp has no doubts the striker will be at the top of his game.

"The mentality of Daniel is really good, very confident, because he has all these qualities and he knows about these qualities," the German added.  "Daniel came back from injury and now he is fit for the longest period.  That is very important.

"We could have let him play in the first few weeks, hoping he could do something special, but that would not have been the right decision for him because then he would have been injured again.

"It does not work.  The Premier League, Europa League, everything is too intense.  It is about balance, absolutely always.  I've said a few times that I always think more about the strengths of a player than the weaknesses."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10263420/Jürgen-klopp-does-not-regret-benching-liverpools-daniel-sturridge
      quite right sturridge is a lazy b*sturd
      Mattie 84
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #7161: May 03, 2016 09:51:18 pm
      And you know this for certain how? 

Can't remember hearing him say we were playing for a draw, or seen any quotes in the media that he did.  See what I posted above about his thinking on the game.
      moreno squares it to ibe klopp would of been a tactical genius get caught on the break got beat 1-0, big deal klopp ken's what he's doing and it will be put right Thursday night
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #7162: May 03, 2016 10:46:11 pm
      Someone removed my reply to this.

did it have something to do with talking out of his arse?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7163: May 03, 2016 11:00:54 pm
      That's what I meant! I suppose it's four less letters but that seems pretty stoopid to me, think I'll go the whole hog and say Brendan and burn those extra calories.

Ah, didn't know what that meant :) Man, hopefully TCM doesn't ever get to the point were people get so bitter they can't even use his name.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,333 posts | 4960 
      Reply #7164: May 03, 2016 11:09:48 pm
      Ah, didn't know what that meant :) Man, hopefully TCM doesn't ever get to the point were people get so bitter they can't even use his name.

Agree.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7165: May 03, 2016 11:10:09 pm

Oh TCM will never be looked upon like TPM, it'll take TFM one helluva performance to overcome the memories TCM will give us over the next few years and by then TPM will be long forgotten. When the TPM has either side of him TPM before him and TCM it brings perspective and I hope TCM is here for very many years before we even need to consider TFM.

:D

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #7166: May 03, 2016 11:23:44 pm
      Someone removed my reply to this.

PM me then, save clogging this thread up with herd mentality.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7167: May 03, 2016 11:42:49 pm
      Can we not keep the sheep on one side of the fence and the goats on the other.

srslfc... me and you can just sit on the fence as usual mate :)

Probably cause a big argument now over who's a sheep and who's a goat

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7168: May 03, 2016 11:56:17 pm
      Can we not keep the sheep on one side of the fence and the goats on the other.

srslfc... me and you can just sit on the fence as usual mate :)

Probably cause a big argument now over who's a sheep and who's a goat

I dunno about fence sitters and sheep but this goat has all the attributes of being able to maneuver himself to either side or indeed atop the fence in question. I also like his ability to pluck off the lower hanging fruit.

So no argument at all Saint, we're (apparently there's a gang on this side who would burn Brendan as soon as look at him, laugh uncontrollably at the mention of the word Benteke and striker in the same sentence and we want our cake and eat it (is there really anything else you should be doing with delicious cake?)) the goats. Now you have the choice of fence sitter with Si or being one of Billy's wellie wearing bitches, I'm sure you can way up the pro's and cons but eventually you'll realise that Crouch nor Sturridge would have made a difference  :f_tongueincheek: :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnO7CQRkyW0
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7169: May 04, 2016 12:05:28 am
      I dunno about fence sitters and sheep but this goat has all the attributes of being able to maneuver himself to either side or indeed atop the fence in question. I also like his ability to pluck off the lower hanging fruit.

So no argument at all Saint, we're (apparently there's a gang on this side who would burn Brendan as soon as look at him, laugh uncontrollably at the mention of the word Benteke and striker in the same sentence and we want our cake and eat it (is there really anything else you should be doing with delicious cake?)) the goats. Now you have the choice of fence sitter with Si or being one of Billy's wellie wearing bitches, I'm sure you can way up the pro's and cons but eventually you'll realise that Crouch nor Sturridge would have made a difference  :f_tongueincheek: :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnO7CQRkyW0

Nah mate, I am happy on my fence. I do think Crouch would have made a difference... in fact he did make a difference when he came on...he set up Kuyt's goal.

Sturridge... we will never know mate, I think he would others don't ... no problem.

BTW be warned Billy's wellies work just as well with goats... why do you think me and Si are sat on a high fence... better safe than sore. :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7170: May 04, 2016 12:05:40 am
      Animal Farm references - seems appropriate.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7171: May 04, 2016 12:07:17 am
      Nah mate, I am happy on my fence. I do think Crouch would have made a difference... in fact he did make a difference when he came on...he set up Kuyt's goal.

Sturridge... we will never know mate, I think he would others don't ... no problem.

BTW be warned Billy's wellies work just as well with goats... why do you think me and Si are sat on a high fence... better safe than sore. :)

Haha, was only 'kidding' with you.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7172: May 04, 2016 12:09:20 am
      Haha, was only 'kidding' with you.

Baa!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7173: May 04, 2016 12:11:55 am
      Animal Farm references - seems appropriate.

Wait till we get to the pigs Debs... then there will be problems :)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7174: May 04, 2016 12:14:03 am
      Wait till we get to the pigs Debs... then there will be problems :)

I think the pigs have enough problems after last weeks verdicts.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7175: May 04, 2016 12:16:42 am
      I think the pigs have enough problems after last weeks verdicts.

Effortless, nicely done.

Quick Reply