Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 9th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D1 L0

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1558657 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #7521: May 17, 2016 12:10:40 pm
      It's strange how yo can make a fairly simple point, (in this case it's that the players aren't all turds, and they aren't) and suddenly I'm "not giving Jürgen the credit" etc.

Look. Jürgen deserves all the credit in the world for getting this bunch of players to a European final, we wouldn't have done it under Rodgers. That's not quite a "fact" but it pretty much is nailed on in my opinion.

But, we HAVE IMHO got some good players. Lovren is a top player IMHO (and if you'll forgive me, I DID "say all along"). Clyne is a top full back in my view, Can is a very good player, ditto Milner. Now they are fit, Sturridge, Coutinho and Firmino are a top quality front three.

These players are not "turds", BUT TGAT DOESN'T MEAN JURGENS NOT DONE WELL TO GET US TO THE EUROPA LEAGUE FINAL. Hope that clears up any confusion.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7522: May 17, 2016 12:20:57 pm

Either:

a) Jürgen is a "bullsh!tter".

b) Jürgen hasn't got a clue what he's on about.

or c) Those who said the squad was sh!t and "turds" were infact talking bollocks.

I know what my monies on.

Jürgen ist eine bull shi**er .    Nein.

Jürgen ist eine dumkopf.        Nein

Diejenigen, die den Kader sagte, war "shitzen und turden " waren infact reden Bollocks .     Ja

UND 

Micken ist buyingen den viele bierens morgen abend  int SW19 .......     mate !  ;D

:ernaehrung004: :food-smiley-005: :drinking: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0:

« Last Edit: May 17, 2016 01:10:40 pm by eurored »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7523: May 17, 2016 12:31:57 pm
      Jürgen ist eine bull shi**er .    Nein.

Jürgen ist eine dumkopf.        Nein

Diejenigen, die den Kader sagte, war "shitzen und turden " waren infact reden Bollocks .     Ja

UND 

Micken ist buyingen den viele beerens morgen abend  int SW19 .......     mate !  ;D

:ernaehrung004: :food-smiley-005: :drinking: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0:

Tha' wot ?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #7524: May 17, 2016 12:37:43 pm
      Even Jürgen himself has said one of the main reasons he took the job was because he thought "Wow, I like the squad!". From that we can conclude one of three things is true.

Either:

a) Jürgen is a "bullsh!tter".

b) Jürgen hasn't got a clue what he's on about.

or c) Those who said the squad was sh!t and "turds" were infact talking bollocks.

I know what my monies on.

Boom.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7525: May 17, 2016 12:45:04 pm
      Buying players then asking them to do something totally different to their natural game will make them look like turds, a bit like forcing jigsaw pieces into the wrong place. 

Put them in the right order, let them play as they know they can and have done for years makes a much prettier picture.  Less of a hotch potch more of a masterpiece  ;)

:nod:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7526: May 17, 2016 12:51:57 pm
      For me the squad is unbalanced and pretty poor. I always expected our season would improve with the return of Sturridge, although while I rated Origi I didn't expect him to have the impact he has on this season.

I think Jürgen has done a great job but as we have seen he has had to sacrifice the league for the cups to a greater extent than he would presumably have liked.

Two finals doesn't mean we have a great squad, two finals means we are getting the best out of the squad... similarly to the way Rafa did in 2005 and perhaps more controversially as Kenny did in 2012. 

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7527: May 17, 2016 01:00:18 pm
      For me the squad is unbalanced and pretty poor. I always expected our season would improve with the return of Sturridge, although while I rated Origi I didn't expect him to have the impact he has on this season.

I think Jürgen has done a great job but as we have seen he has had to sacrifice the league for the cups to a greater extent than he would presumably have liked.

Two finals doesn't mean we have a great squad, two finals means we are getting the best out of the squad... similarly to the way Rafa did in 2005 and perhaps more controversially as Kenny did in 2012. 

As I said all along *cough* :D

I agree mate, I've seen an awful lot of similarities in this season that I saw under Kenny. Sakho even had to throw in a controversy to align it even further.

I honestly do wonder how Kenny would have got on given another year but do see the damage it was causing his health. Watching him in the stands singing YNWA at the games this season with a smile as wide as the Mersey really has warmed the heart. He sees what we do, a team returning to greatness. Jürgen is getting more out of these lads than I think you, I, or many others thought he would.

I thought Dortmund would finish our run in the cup and if they did I suspect we would have done considerably better in the league subsequently. The same as when we met Villarreal, I honestly thought we'd struggle, I think the return of Can played a massive part but the way Jürgen has got every ounce out of these players is to his and their massive credit.

Just one more hurdle awaits and it is a big one, but no bigger than the previous two in my opinion. I'm honestly going into the final more confident than I was in either the quarters or the semi, which of course is no indicator for success but it is an indicator of how Jürgen has turned doubter into believer. I didn't think these lads were capable of winning a European trophy and here they are, on the verge of greatness.

What a great time to be an LFC fan.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7528: May 17, 2016 01:12:01 pm
      Buying players then asking them to do something totally different to their natural game will make them look like turds, a bit like forcing jigsaw pieces into the wrong place. 

Put them in the right order, let them play as they know they can and have done for years makes a much prettier picture.  Less of a hotch potch more of a masterpiece  ;)

Now THAT is a BOOM.

Well said Debs.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #7529: May 17, 2016 01:12:29 pm
      We are unbalanced and play on the front foot. What has happened is that the team looks completely different when there are viable attacking options to drive it forward.

That's the way the squad is set up. With the loss of Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge (injury) out the defensive problems were magnified. With Sturridge returning, Firmino and Origi finding some form after their transfers, the jitteriness at the back becomes less important and confidence grows again - we look completely different.

Bigmick is exactly right.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #7530: May 17, 2016 01:13:23 pm
      I'm more confident in the final too. I think we'll break with tradition and win comfortably. I also agree that if we'd had bugger all else to play for, we could and would have got AT LEAST fifth in the league. Jürgen is doing a fine job, and IMHO this squad of players with a couple of additions is capable of challenging on all fronts (except IMHO the champions league).
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7531: May 17, 2016 01:21:07 pm
      Now THAT is a BOOM.

Well said Debs.

It's not really a boom mate it's how I saw the squad being used.  There was no team cohesion, no plan, just a hotch potch of players thrown together that hadn't a clue what they were supposed to be doing.

Those same players look totally different now.  There's still a long way to go obviously, we aren't there yet but the pieces will come together, seamlessly, with no gaps, perfectly streamlined and with only one goal in mind - winning!
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #7532: May 17, 2016 01:21:27 pm
      I'm more confident in the final too. I think we'll break with tradition and win comfortably. I also agree that if we'd had bugger all else to play for, we could and would have got AT LEAST fifth in the league. Jürgen is doing a fine job, and IMHO this squad of players with a couple of additions is capable of challenging on all fronts (except IMHO the champions league).

We would have been 4th without doing much more than now if simple Simon had not had his usual failings before Christmas where we lost something like 7/8 points.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #7533: May 17, 2016 01:48:04 pm
      We would have been 4th without doing much more than now if simple Simon had not had his usual failings before Christmas where we lost something like 7/8 points.
      Throw a  De gea  or someone of his ilk at that team and I think we would have been considerably higher , he really has cost a lot of points this season .
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,754 posts | 7179 
      Reply #7534: May 17, 2016 01:49:57 pm
      Throw a  De gea  or someone of his ilk at that team and I think we would have been considerably higher , he really has cost a lot of points this season .

how has he faired in the last 15-20 games I think he has improved and not made as many mistakes. Would I be upset to see him leave not really
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7535: May 17, 2016 01:53:54 pm

You only need to look at where the mancs finished, with a poorer squad, a poorer manager and the sterile football they have played this season to know that's true mate. 

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #7536: May 17, 2016 02:01:11 pm
      You only need to look at where the mancs finished, with a poorer squad, a poorer manager and the sterile football they have played this season to know that's true mate. 

He is saving them big time at the moment now that could be a good thing and perhaps they will keep the clown on as manager , one can only hope
       ;D
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #7537: May 17, 2016 04:02:18 pm
      Absolutely adore the way he answers questions and deals with the media. Love Klopp.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7538: May 17, 2016 07:13:48 pm
      He is saving them big time at the moment now that could be a good thing and perhaps they will keep the clown on as manager , one can only hope
       ;D

They've only got to score a goal every five minutes tonight Andy .
       :lmao:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #7539: May 17, 2016 07:35:26 pm
      They've only got to score a goal every five minutes tonight Andy .
       :lmao:
      my best mate is Manc he reckons the media are taking the piss saying they are not mathematically out of it it's quite funny listening to him .

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6828 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7540: May 17, 2016 10:59:30 pm

Come on Jürgen let's make it 4 !!!
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2016 11:11:58 pm by AussieRed »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7541: May 18, 2016 01:02:24 am

Come on Jürgen let's make it 4 !!!

What's with the escalator? No wonder Dame Thora Hird was so keen to get up the stairs if that's what was at the top of it!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,900 posts | 6828 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7542: May 18, 2016 01:19:40 am
      What's with the escalator? No wonder Dame Thora Hird was so keen to get up the stairs if that's what was at the top of it!

They're the steps we will be climbing to accept the Trophy mate.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,754 posts | 7179 
      Reply #7543: May 18, 2016 09:20:48 am
      I expect Jürgen would be going around knocking on doors waking everyone up about 5am.

Quick Reply