Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1561895 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #9637: Sep 06, 2016 12:46:35 pm
      Jürgen has placed himself into a position Wenger has been stuck in ever since the invincibles and they have won very little since then other than the FA Cup. .
      We need to get away from the argument about being for or against Jürgen because what happens if he fails and we end up outside the top 4 this season and next and then he gets sacked and we start the wheel of fortune all over again we are at a critical point in our history as clubs like Crystal Palace go out and buy players for £30mil plus. Pulling out of Gotze and Chilwell because they were not in the bargain basement isle is worrying and a trend we really need to get away from. Everytime either Moreno or Milner fucks up the pressure will ramp up and the question will be why didn't we buy a left back.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #9638: Sep 06, 2016 01:07:56 pm
      Its crazy...basically people are waiting for him to fail in order to point fingers at his football philosophy and prove a point?
      We appointed JK, knowing exctly how he operates, so why would he change his ways after being here just over a year?

I ask you, when Coutinho/Firminho/Sturridge/Origi or any of our frontline start missing opportunities, are we gonna start shouting why didnt we buy Pogba or Ibrahimovic? Lets face it, we are critical if a defender makes one mistake coz it often costs a goal, however we dont apply the same criticism for an attacker missing a scoring opportunity.

On here it just seems we need a billion dollar makeover before some are happy to support the club or manager.
      JK works a certain way, Pep and Jose work a certain way...we have to accept it and see who comes out tops.

I for one would like to give him a chance this year, to see what progress we have made.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #9639: Sep 06, 2016 01:14:09 pm
      Please hurry up weekend...I wanna see the mad man in the dugout...

Need me Klopp fix :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #9640: Sep 06, 2016 01:33:56 pm
      Please hurry up weekend...I wanna see the mad man in the dugout...

Need me Klopp fix :)

Yep.

The transfer window is over and there is no point dwelling on it.

Just look forward to seeing the lads tw*t Leicester and see the big man go mad in the new dugout.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #9641: Sep 06, 2016 01:53:29 pm
      Yep.

The transfer window is over and there is no point dwelling on it.

Just look forward to seeing the lads tw*t Leicester and see the big man go mad in the new dugout.

Yup, no more talk of transfers & takeovers till Jan at best ;D   Woo hoo!

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #9642: Sep 06, 2016 01:53:50 pm
      Klopp is decent but he has been far from perfect. I don't like being too much of an armchair pundit but I think Sturridge should have started against spurs. I think Moreno should have been dropped and sold long ago. I think Mignolet shouldn't even be our number 2 yet he got a 5 year deal. I could go on and list around 20 things he did I disagreed with but he is the manager. I think he is good enough to win something. I don't judge a manager by their cool look and cheesy smile. I judge them by the football we play.

I'm not behind Klopp because he is intense or passionate. I like him because he is doing the right things for our team to succeed. He isn't a God, he did some mistakes and he will do some others but he is a person who will learn from them.

He is still learning our league, he isn't novice but neither an expert.

Give him some time guys.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #9643: Sep 06, 2016 02:11:43 pm
      I'm not behind Klopp because he is intense or passionate. I like him because he is doing the right things for our team to succeed. He isn't a God, he did some mistakes and he will do some others but he is a person who will learn from them.

He is still learning our league, he isn't novice but neither an expert.

Give him some time guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plZRe1kPWZw
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9644: Sep 06, 2016 02:19:14 pm
      Yeah, looks like he has already found one idiot that wants to join.

Nah, Luke is a good poster, well liked, friendly and well balanced... pretty much everything you're not.   
      Haha you old miserable ball bag you.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #9645: Sep 06, 2016 02:19:51 pm
      Win a few games and no one will care a toss about any supposed mistakes. Win our next two and we are more than on track for top four or even a title challenge.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #9646: Sep 06, 2016 06:16:29 pm
      Jürgen has placed himself into a position Wenger has been stuck in ever since the invincibles and they have won very little since then other than the FA Cup. .
      We need to get away from the argument about being for or against Jürgen because what happens if he fails and we end up outside the top 4 this season and next and then he gets sacked and we start the wheel of fortune all over again we are at a critical point in our history as clubs like Crystal Palace go out and buy players for £30mil plus. Pulling out of Gotze and Chilwell because they were not in the bargain basement isle is worrying and a trend we really need to get away from. Everytime either Moreno or Milner fucks up the pressure will ramp up and the question will be why didn't we buy a left back.

I get the impression mate the Gotze deal was shelved more because of attitude than price , he wouldn't commit 100% Klopp pulled the rug no problem with that tbh ,
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9647: Sep 06, 2016 06:19:40 pm
      Win a few games and no one will care a toss about any supposed mistakes. Win our next two and we are more than on track for top four or even a title challenge.

Well yes, until we next play a Burnley ;-)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #9648: Sep 07, 2016 03:09:50 am
      Everything isn't a laugh and a joke so lets see some results. Seems a bit disrespectful to be totally honest actually. Klopp seems to be treating this as a joke.
      Get the F**k on with business. The less I hear about the manager the better.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9649: Sep 07, 2016 04:32:19 am

I can't remember what journalist it was who was on The Anfield Wrap (but it was a well respected one) but Jürgen pulled the plug on Gotze as he was told to 'wait until after the Euros' before Gotze would make his decision. Essentially, it was boiled down to how well he played and if he could get potential suitors that were better than Liverpool, then he would bugger off elsewhere.

Jürgen's position was that a player either wants to play for Liverpool or he doesn't and so pulled the plug as soon as he heard Gotze's response. He didn't want to be messed around and in fairness to Jürgen, he gives each player an ultimatum whether they want to play for the club.

He opted for Mane instead - Mane came to the club over Man Utd because of Klopp and because of a desire to genuinely play for the club. He sure as hell looks like he wants to play for the club judging by recent performances too. And as of the moment, Mane looks a superior signing than Gotze would have been. So, transfers to Jürgen are about attitude as much as ability. Too often, we've had players not taking pride in the club they are playing for. It's nice to see Jürgen actively seeking out attitudes of players - and his lack of a left back signing shows a man who isn't going to panic buy and end up with an unprofessional tosser like Balotelli.

There's a rationale behind Jürgen's transfer strategy, and that would not be the case if he wasn't a proven world class manager. We're too quick to pass judgement on his strategy when he hasn't really had a chance to show everyone.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #9650: Sep 07, 2016 09:29:18 am
      Well he didn't arrive in June he had plenty of time to look at Moreno and our other fullbacks two of which have left the club and we have a ex England midfielder playing on the wrong side as our first choice left back which cost us points against Spurs as Milner drifted naturally in midfield. What we are being told is that we could not find a suitable left back anywhere in the world that could fit in to the team.
      This is 2016 loyalty exist in the form of multi million pound contracts and what if Jürgen looked into the eyes of his squad and only a handful showed the guts and spirit and loyalty and desire to play for Liverpool. We are competing with clubs like City,Utd,Chelsea,Spurs and Arsenal the first three will spend money until they get it right which means we along with another 3 or 4 clubs will be fighting for 1 CL place and we are going to do that with our principals in tact our bank account growing and Moreno at left back.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #9651: Sep 07, 2016 09:38:52 am
      Everything isn't a laugh and a joke so lets see some results. Seems a bit disrespectful to be totally honest actually. Klopp seems to be treating this as a joke.
      Get the F**k on with business. The less I hear about the manager the better.

You really think he isn't taking the job seriously?

Get a grip mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #9652: Sep 07, 2016 09:44:29 am
      Get the f**k on with business. The less I hear about the manager the better.

WTF - you pissed when you posted?

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #9653: Sep 07, 2016 09:48:45 am
      WTF - you pissed when you posted?

The clue is in his sig mate.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9654: Sep 07, 2016 12:38:37 pm
      Dreamt last night that Liverpool were knocked out of the League Cup 6-1 at home with Jürgen bizarrely substituting Rafa Benitez onto the field in the process. Ended with the coaching staff getting pelters from the crowd and Klopp with that angry face of his from that game between Dortmund and Napoli a few years back permanently frozen on his face like a mad Thomas the Tank Engine character.

If that ain't a sign to spend less time reading these threads I don't know what is.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #9655: Sep 07, 2016 12:41:42 pm
      Dreamt last night that Liverpool were knocked out of the League Cup 6-1 at home with Jürgen bizarrely substituting Rafa Benitez onto the field in the process.

Level with us.  He played left back didn't he?
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9656: Sep 07, 2016 12:49:42 pm
      Dreamt last night that Liverpool were knocked out of the League Cup 6-1 at home with Jürgen bizarrely substituting Rafa Benitez onto the field in the process. Ended with the coaching staff getting pelters from the crowd and Klopp with that angry face of his from that game between Dortmund and Napoli a few years back permanently frozen on his face like a mad Thomas the Tank Engine character.

If that ain't a sign to spend less time reading these threads I don't know what is.

Level with us.  He played left back didn't he?

;) ;D :lmao:
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #9657: Sep 07, 2016 02:25:09 pm

I was thinking very similar this morning (before reading your post).  Its amazing how many players we were now being told that we were going for, and that we may try again in January or next Summer.  This is the BS that Arsenal fans get every year.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9658: Sep 07, 2016 03:57:05 pm
      I was thinking very similar this morning (before reading your post).  Its amazing how many players we were now being told that we were going for, and that we may try again in January or next Summer.  This is the BS that Arsenal fans get every year.

Journo talk .
      They keep feeding us every window with somebody or other  and we lap it up.
      My first dog was called Boot. Labrador.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #9659: Sep 07, 2016 03:59:23 pm
      I only read through this once but it sure hits the nail on the head for me.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/Jürgen-klopp-blind-faith-liverpool-supporters/

Quick Reply