Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1542058 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #9752: Sep 14, 2016 07:06:07 pm
      Ironically, that's quite short sighted.

Scoring more goals isn't just a simple question of being able to see the nets more clearly.

NO sh*t SHERLOCK. You wanna take this one up with Jürgen, I'm sure he could do with this expert advice?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9753: Sep 14, 2016 07:10:42 pm

Scoring more goals isn't just a simple question of being able to see the nets more clearly.

Just thought I'd check in whilst I'm lazing on the beach :)

Clearly you've got sunstroke.
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #9754: Sep 14, 2016 07:22:16 pm
      Old Slur Alex has been on the sauce again telling the world how our boss got it wrong in the Europa League final.

The arl b***ard is still obsessed with us even in retirement, he should be focussing on how he is responsible for their downfall since his retirement by hand picking the chosen one as his successor!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9755: Sep 14, 2016 09:58:50 pm

Just thought I'd check in whilst I'm lazing on the beach :)

Ah, beach time ... keep them white russians coming ... drinks too ;)
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #9756: Sep 14, 2016 10:19:01 pm
      Can't believe anyone would buy into the red/white nets bullshit. I bet the likes of Suarez and Sturridge had a really hard time seeing the goal with red nets when we scored 53 league goals at home in 2013-14  :roll:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9757: Sep 14, 2016 11:07:20 pm
      Can't believe anyone would buy into the red/white nets bullshit. I bet the likes of Suarez and Sturridge had a really hard time seeing the goal with red nets when we scored 53 league goals at home in 2013-14  :roll:

It's almost like they can't see those big white poles sticking out of the ground :D
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #9758: Sep 15, 2016 09:17:46 am
      Why is everyone so sore about the nets being changed? I don't care what colour they are if it helps the players put the ball in the back of them.

Red probably are a bit harder to see in the corner of your eye if everyone behind them is wearing red.

This is why we need midweek football, otherwise people start questioning absolute bullsh*t.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #9759: Sep 15, 2016 10:35:52 am
      That's actually  not irony. And no one said that it was a simple question, just that it's a part of the entire equation. Go back to sleep.

;D you do know it's a running joke in the rest of the world that Americans don't understand irony?

Germans struggle with it to  - but that's due to the grammatical construction of the language.

Nevertheless thanks for your attempts at trying to explain the concept - it was amusing.

Let's hope the "entire equation" manages to net us more than the 1.8 points per game the last manager got as we have spent a lot of money and brought in quite a few new players. To save you looking it up we are currently on 1.62.

Ah - another chilled drink - delicious.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9760: Sep 15, 2016 10:53:37 am
      ;D you do know it's a running joke in the rest of the world that Americans don't understand irony?

Germans struggle with it to  - but that's due to the grammatical construction of the language.

Nevertheless thanks for your attempts at trying to explain the concept - it was amusing.

Let's hope the "entire equation" manages to net us more than the 1.8 points per game the last manager got as we have spent a lot of money and brought in quite a few new players. To save you looking it up we are currently on 1.62.

Ah - another chilled drink - delicious.

We have not spent much money at all under Jürgen Klopp unless you are holding him responsible for the cost of the new stand.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #9761: Sep 15, 2016 11:00:19 am
      We have not spent much money at all under Jürgen Klopp unless you are holding him responsible for the cost of the new stand.

I thought we had spent about £65 million?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,223 posts | 4418 
      Reply #9762: Sep 15, 2016 11:03:16 am

Nope after getting rid of the Rodgers dead wood spent bugger all.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9763: Sep 15, 2016 11:04:45 am

So what are you saying fees received for players we have sold dont matter.You are not an accountant are you.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #9764: Sep 15, 2016 11:15:02 am
      What is this 2010 again?

Whatever the net spend we still spent £65m on players - that's a lot of money in any language (ask your accountant).
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,223 posts | 4418 
      Reply #9765: Sep 15, 2016 11:17:36 am
      What is this 2010 again?

Whatever the net spend we still spent £65m on players - that's a lot of money in any language (ask your accountant).

Is it?

Doesn't even get you a sh*t midfielder at Utd  :D

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9766: Sep 15, 2016 11:19:25 am
      Why is everyone so sore about the nets being changed? I don't care what colour they are if it helps the players put the ball in the back of them.

Red probably are a bit harder to see in the corner of your eye if everyone behind them is wearing red.

This is why we need midweek football, otherwise people start questioning absolute bullsh*t.

Being honest, I don't care what colour the nets are, I'm just messing about.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9767: Sep 15, 2016 11:24:26 am
      Net spend means F**k all.

Bought players with a purpose, sold no one even remotely important and added the players Jürgen wanted. All done early in the window, too.

That's a successful window.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #9768: Sep 15, 2016 11:54:17 am
      Exactly right - we have the players teh manager wanted so hopefully we will now see an improvement in our points tally.

I think we can all agree our league performance last year was not good enough.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,662 posts | 490 
      Reply #9769: Sep 15, 2016 07:25:38 pm
      Exactly right - we have the players teh manager wanted so hopefully we will now see an improvement in our points tally.

I think we can all agree our league performance last year was not good enough.
      But we can also agree that he came in mid-season,  and was getting to know his players' strength and weaknesses( that he would've done if he had a pre-season under his belt).
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6419 
      Reply #9770: Sep 15, 2016 08:58:30 pm
      Net spend means f**k all.

Bought players with a purpose, sold no one even remotely important and added the players Jürgen wanted. All done early in the window, too.

That's a successful window.

I've been told we won't know if it's a successful window for a year. Players need time we're told.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,661 posts | 7152 
      Reply #9771: Sep 15, 2016 09:07:04 pm
      I'm done with the summer transfer window its over and it isn't going to change. Keep winning games is the best way to prove we have enough good quality players and Friday will be a good test but having already beaten Arsenal and drawn with Spurs I expect us to do well.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9772: Sep 15, 2016 09:29:59 pm
      I see there's quite an enlightening featured article on Klopp in the recent FourFourTwo magazine.

Very interesting stuff, though I can't scan any of the pages in but well worth a read (I read the article in WH Smith and put it back on the stand after I'd finished).
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9773: Sep 15, 2016 11:59:36 pm
      I see there's quite an enlightening featured article on Klopp in the recent FourFourTwo magazine.

Very interesting stuff, though I can't scan any of the pages in but well worth a read (I read the article in WH Smith and put it back on the stand after I'd finished).

That's what WHSmith is there for!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9774: Sep 16, 2016 02:35:24 am
      I've been told we won't know if it's a successful window for a year. Players need time we're told.

I don't know who said that but i reckon we're on course for a top 3 at minimum.

Every purchase had a purpose and we got them in early.

This might not be Jürgen's dream team but we're well on our way.

Quick Reply