Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1538384 times
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #9913: Sep 25, 2016 10:33:32 am
      Not many managers will talk about things that we could do better after a 5-1 win.  Just love his interviews, doesn't mess about just says it as it is.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,530 posts | 1517 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #9914: Sep 25, 2016 11:00:07 am
      I want a Klopp hug
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #9915: Sep 25, 2016 11:54:22 am
      Interesting comments in his post match presser, he seemed very unimpressed with our second half and mentioned how we must go for 95 minutes.

Scary thought that he wants us playing even better than yesterday!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #9916: Sep 25, 2016 12:00:42 pm
      Interesting comments in his post match presser, he seemed very unimpressed with our second half and mentioned how we must go for 95 minutes.

Scary thought that he wants us playing even better than yesterday!

Think it's more that he wants our form maintained over a full game mate.  No taking our foot off the gas when we think the games won, that's how complacency sets in and draws and defeats happen.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9917: Sep 25, 2016 01:22:31 pm
      Finally somebody with some level of intelligence will be a guest on MNF, Klopp will be on tomorrow.
      Redangel

• 8,381 posts | 1021 
      Reply #9918: Sep 25, 2016 02:11:17 pm
      Finally somebody with some level of intelligence will be a guest on MNF, Klopp will be on tomorrow.

Just read that myself. I'll be glued to the TV, it'll be entertaining that's for sure!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9919: Sep 25, 2016 02:15:32 pm
      Lovely! What time is that on UK time? I'll try find a stream.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9920: Sep 25, 2016 03:31:14 pm
      Lovely! What time is that on UK time? I'll try find a stream.

7pm UK time mate. Kick off at 8pm for the game.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #9921: Sep 25, 2016 04:09:59 pm
      24 goals after 8 games this season is our highest in 121 years.

What a turn around from where the club was a year ago.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9922: Sep 25, 2016 04:27:42 pm
      7pm UK time mate. Kick off at 8pm for the game.

Who cares about the game! It's Klopp we want to see and hear.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9923: Sep 25, 2016 05:14:39 pm
      This notion of new players needing to 'bed in' to their new club is looking more and more like a fallacy. It's a standard cliche that is thrown out by 99% of managers when players struggle in the initial phase of their move.

I haven't seen this be disproved to such an extent than by Jürgen at the minute as all the signings have hit the ground running.

When was the last time we could say that about summer transfer business? In hindsight, it is looking increasingly like the best summer in years.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #9924: Sep 25, 2016 05:19:37 pm
      This notion of new players needing to 'bed in' to their new club is looking more and more like a fallacy. It's a standard cliche that is thrown out by 99% of managers when players struggle in the initial phase of their move.

I haven't seen this be disproved to such an extent than by Jürgen at the minute as all the signings have hit the ground running.

When was the last time we could say that about summer transfer business?

Shows how he has turned things around at the club.

There's been so much talk about the maligned transfer committee and the strategy at the club, but after just one window (Jürgen said he wouldn't sign anyone in January) we can see how much of a mess Brendan had us in.

Jürgen, working with the same people, was able to identify and sign who he wanted so early in the window. Having the squad working together for the majority of pre season has paid dividends so far.

Further credit to the man and the job he is doing.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9925: Sep 25, 2016 05:22:11 pm
      Who cares about the game! It's Klopp we want to see and hear.

Watford v Burnley - the Peter Andre and Katie Price of Premier League fixtures.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #9926: Sep 25, 2016 05:30:34 pm
      Shows how he has turned things around at the club.

There's been so much talk about the maligned transfer committee and the strategy at the club, but after just one window (Jürgen said he wouldn't sign anyone in January) we can see how much of a mess Brendan had us in.

Jürgen, working with the same people, was able to identify and sign who he wanted so early in the window. Having the squad working together for the majority of pre season has paid dividends so far.

Further credit to the man and the job he is doing.

Everyone is to blame regarding the transfer business. Prior to Rodgers it was still a major screw up (e.g. Charlie Adam is still one of the worst players to have ever pulled on a Liverpool shirt).

Rodgers should never have signed off on some of them but questions remain over who scouted and recommended Mignolet (who quite clearly was never the 'sweeper keeper' Rodgers wanted) and what bright spark was scouting Balotelli and thought he was a worthy replacement for Suarez.

The simple fact is though that Jürgen is the only manager since Rafa to have an in depth knowledge of the transfer market in his ability to spot gems that will improve the squad immediately. You can have strategies focussing on British talent, young talent, bargain talent, etc but nothing can compensate for actual scouting ability. Top foreign managers will always beat the island mentality of British managers in my opinion - looking at our most successful phases in the last 25 years, it's no surprise it's foreigners that have made the biggest impact when in the managerial hotseat.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #9927: Sep 25, 2016 05:40:52 pm
      Watford v Burnley - the Peter Andre and Katie Price of Premier League fixtures.

So planning our evening viewing we want to watch it at 7:30-8, 8:50 to 9:05 and 9:50 onwards.

Sack the actual game off!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #9928: Sep 25, 2016 05:42:37 pm
      Rodgers should never have signed off on some of them but questions remain over who scouted and recommended Mignolet (who quite clearly was never the 'sweeper keeper' Rodgers wanted) and what bright spark was scouting Balotelli and thought he was a worthy replacement for Suarez.

Mignolet signing was not in the same ballpark of odd signings as Balotelli and Benteke.  Latter two seemed completely unsuited not just for us but even what Rodgers was looking for.  I would still love to know which boxes both of them ticked when they were assessing transfers.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #9929: Sep 25, 2016 05:54:14 pm
      Everyone is to blame regarding the transfer business. Prior to Rodgers it was still a major screw up (e.g. Charlie Adam is still one of the worst players to have ever pulled on a Liverpool shirt).

The simple fact is though that Jürgen is the only manager since Rafa to have an in depth knowledge of the transfer market in his ability to spot gems that will improve the squad immediately. You can have strategies focussing on British talent, young talent, bargain talent, etc but nothing can compensate for actual scouting ability. Top foreign managers will always beat the island mentality of British managers in my opinion - looking at our most successful phases in the last 25 years, it's no surprise it's foreigners that have made the biggest impact when in the managerial hotseat.

In the name of F**k was going on there? And Stewart Downing! Arghhhh!

What the F**k had overcome us in the summer of 2011? F***ing delusional!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #9930: Sep 25, 2016 05:57:10 pm

In regards to the signings of Balotelli, Benteke and Mignolet - the difference between a manager like Brendan and one like Jürgen is BR chose to accept those signings rather than identify better players or develop the ones he had.

Yes, there is blame to be shared behind closed doors about the business done during Rodgers' time here, but from seeing how Jürgen operates it is clear to me that BR's decisions cost us a lot of money and time regardless of whether it was directly his fault or not.

He failed to identify the right players (Benteke, Mignolet etc.), got rid of players he could've developed or used (Reina, tried to shaft Lucas etc), and accepted/made signings he didn't know how to use (Balotelli, Markovic, Luis Alberto, Emre Can etc) to fit a system he made up every couple of months after he was found out.

A monumental mess.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9931: Sep 25, 2016 06:23:37 pm
      Mignolet signing was not in the same ballpark of odd signings as Balotelli and Benteke.  Latter two seemed completely unsuited not just for us but even what Rodgers was looking for.  I would still love to know which boxes both of them ticked when they were assessing transfers.

I think Migs belongs in there really. BR in an ideal world wanted to play out from the back but Migs distribution is the weakest part of his already limited game.

One of the biggest shockers for me was Ally Cissokho on loan. Again with the theme of playing from the back, he was the worst with the ball at his feet i'd seen since dancing Djimi Traore.

There were many strange transfers at that time and under BR. The likes of Sahin who came and played all over the pitch. Luis Alberto, Lazar, Balo, Benteke, Manquillo again another wird loan. Even Sakho who it became pretty clear Brendan couldn't be arsed with.

I think the transfer comitee and BR were on totally different wave lengths, and judging by what Klopp has done since he has come in, he's acted very quickly to say if I don't think they will suit us then he is happy to wait.

Agree or disagree, (and I was ranting that we needed a left back and demanding we spend some of that money we made on sales in the Summer)  it seems to me Klopp will not panic buy because we are short. He will firstly look to see if there is a solution already in the squad.

We do still need to phase Moreno out and bring a left back in, but until the right one comes along he isn't going to fall down a Cissokho/Manquillo type trap.

It takes a big character I think to do that, because in the end I think BR accepted the sh*te names the TC came up with rather than standing up to them and saying no thankyou. In the end under BR we ended up with a few very strange looking squads.

Klopp is a huge character and will politely and happily knock names who he doesnt want on the head.

Should mean we arwbt aren't chopping and changing 6 or 7 players in and out season on seaon too.

Ramble over!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #9932: Sep 25, 2016 06:27:50 pm
      We're going to win the F***ing league! There I've said it!
      Jürgen for president!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #9933: Sep 25, 2016 06:29:56 pm
      I think Migs belongs in there really. BR in an ideal world wanted to play out from the back but Migs distribution is the weakest part of his already limited game.

Yet he shafted Pepe Reina who could play out from the back and had probably the best distribution out of any keeper in the Premier League.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #9934: Sep 25, 2016 06:32:47 pm
      Yet he shafted Pepe Reina who could play out from the back and had probably the best distribution out of any keeper in the Premier League.

Yep but towards the end I don't think Pepe was the keeper he was. Probably better than Migs, but i could understand why he wanted to try someone else.

Bit like with Klopp with Karius now. Even if he turns out to be a disaster  (dont think he will) you can understand why he's trying a new man in goal.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #9935: Sep 25, 2016 06:39:11 pm
      Yep but towards the end I don't think Pepe was the keeper he was. Probably better than Migs, but i could understand why he wanted to try someone else.

I think part of that was a mixture of there being a fair bit of talk about him having the chance to return to Barca and also with there being a lot of talk that the club were wanting rid of him anyway with the new policy that also meant the likes of Kuyt and Maxi were wrongly binned off.
      I remember seeing somewhere that after Rafa, Pepe was trying to push for the club to hire Pellegrini, then obviously that didn't happen but Woy did happen. Seeing the likes of Masch, Torres etc sold and players like Poulsen and Konchesky being signed. Followed on with the likes of Adam and Downing etc.
      Pepe was always a big part of the teams personality too, he knew he had quality players around him but then with the changing of managers, not having the manager he felt would take the club forward, poor players being signed and generally the club not being in a great place took it's toll on him and had an impact on his game.

Quick Reply