Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1561669 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #1150: Oct 22, 2015 02:17:41 am
      Loved how he told the press that Lucas didn't have to answer that question as it was pointless.

Was listneing to 5Live earlier and Neil Ashton, some tw*t journalist, was banging on that Klopp would have to get used to it and would have to start answering those questions. Was making it out as some sort of 'Welcome to England' and taking about how the stuff outside the football is note important than the actual game.

Absolute bollocks he was talking and I hope Jürgen keeps it up and sticks two fingers to every one of those bitter bellends in the English media.

just seen it and Klopp is his own man he will not be answering any questions he doesnt want too and that will do for me
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,945 posts | 287 
      Reply #1151: Oct 22, 2015 02:30:28 am
      If you treat them like horses, you get horses.

Haha, Class act. Still can't get over he's our manager. What a legend and he hasn't won a game yet.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1152: Oct 22, 2015 07:46:33 am
      As time goes by I am becoming more and more a fan of the new gaffer...

I am also less convinced that he is this 'super nice guy' that smiles and laughs all the time. There are moments where he genuinely looks like he could go berserk and be a real disciplinarian. I think this mix is what is needed, players certinaly wont be able to take the piss.

Key moment for me (aside from the Rossiter comments) was about how much we ran against Spurs. He commented that you have to be prepared to put in a shift against better teams than you. That, whilst you have the ball its ok not to run around a lot, but the movement has to be there and you have to press. I think this sums up his style - and that he knows there are no easy games out there and will expect players to do what is asked of them. Worrying times for many an LFC player, either here or on loan, but good times for us I hope!

Just been looking on Getty Images (can we post these on this site mods?) at training session - plenty of shots of him with Peter Krawietz and Zeljko Buvac. I genuinely wonder what they make of the squad... Of course in the interviews he will only give one answer - but what do they really think.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #1153: Oct 22, 2015 09:36:39 am
      The bit with Lucas was brilliant, quote " he is not going to say Im an idiot in front of me, so why ask him. ;D
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1154: Oct 22, 2015 09:41:52 am
      The bit with Lucas was brilliant, quote " he is not going to say Im an idiot in front of me, so why ask him. ;D

;D :roll: :laugh: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #1155: Oct 22, 2015 10:09:17 am
      From the matchday programme

Klopp writes: “This is my first time as manager of Liverpool for a game at Anfield and it is something that will be very important for me and my staff.

“You [the fans] have a vital role to play in what we are looking to achieve. You are a very special group of supporters and the atmosphere you create is unique.

I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things.

“We must all stay together and look to enjoy the experience of following such a great club.

“Football should be about joy and fun and that must be reflected throughout the entire organisation.

“The team will go out and battle for you and look to represent you, the club and the city in how we approach our work: this is my commitment.”

Great Man has said we are all in it together - as it always should be.......
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #1156: Oct 22, 2015 11:42:25 am
      Loved the "transport the atmosphere onto the pitch" comment.

Well in!!

Can see him jumping in the Main Stand and throttling a few people, in the not too distant future!!

That was 'our' teamtalk!!

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1157: Oct 22, 2015 04:02:42 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx8GsGNrmTA

Yeah mate, he looks like he's going to take them to task and with plenty of reason behind it, absolutely absurd for the young lad to be playing 4 1/2 of footy in 5 days, bloody stupid.

Thanks for posting the vid KLuke, Klopp finds Russian hilarious it seems haha. I didn't get why the scouse journalist had to re ask a question about 3 games in 5 days, it's very obvious that's not good for any player. They're all scum whether they're from Liverpool or not, all media knobheads trying to make a name for themselves even though no one gives a crap who they are.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #1158: Oct 22, 2015 04:40:50 pm
      This is too good not to share!

LIVERPOOL: KLOPP’S GOT 99 PROBLEMS, BUT SOLUTIONS AIN’T ONE

WHAT would you like to throw at Jürgen Klopp? The Yokozuna-like weight of expectation at Liverpool? No clean sheets in eight games prior to his arrival? Two anterior cruciate ligament injuries in two days? Not enough training time to translate his ideas? The familiar, devitalising news of Daniel Sturridge being out? Two of the club’s most expensive recruits as well as the captain sidelined for the start of his managerial tenure?

Whatever you have, ready… aim… fire! The German will lean forward, clasping his cheeks with his palms, his eyes narrowing and the space between his lips quickly widening, before he hits you with a heavy dose of HA HA HA HA and talks solutions.

The list of Things To Love About Klopp could easily run and run, like his teams, but his ability to make problems seem so last season is certainly a characteristic to place at the top of the catalogue.

When the 48-year-old signed his initial three-year deal on the sixth floor of Hope Street Hotel, Liverpool’s treatment table was as packed as press conferences are these days. By the time he held his first pre-match briefing at Melwood last Thursday, the casualties could just about form an alternative XI.

But there was no panic, no excuses, no fatalism. When the media walked down the added-pressure-on-Sturridge avenue, Klopp took a detour down ‘have-you-heard-of-Origi?’ street.

Ordinarily, any manager that enters a new environment missing multiple key ingredients would happily roll out the welcome mat to excuses. But the man in the Liverpool dugout  not a Normal One — he is more interested in motivation than mitigation.

“I’ve learned that you do not think about the players who are not available because there is no chance to get lucky if you do this all the time.”

Preach brother Jürgen, preach.

Last season, each Sturridge setback felt like a karate kick to everyone’s ribs. Yet on Saturday, even though the team were robbed of his phenomenal finishing at Tottenham — following on from the double loss of Danny Ings and Joe Gomez — the Reds were confident of leaving White Hart Lane with something.

Supporters, too, believed Liverpool could stifle a synchronised side who dismantled Manchester City so effortlessly three weeks prior. Adam Lallana has said Klopp’s conviction is like glue — it sticks to the players, and on evidence, this extends to the fans.

Because the manager is calm over an injury crisis, so is everyone else. He gets on with it, believing success is just diligence away, and so does everyone else.

Part of his power is prioritising the collective, a lesson Klopp took off the late Wolfgang Frank, his boss while still a player at Mainz. He was shown “results could be achieved independently of individual talent, to an extent, by virtue of hard work and better organisation.”

In every press conference thus far, the question marks are presented to Klopp and in return, he pierces the room with his guffaw. “I don’t have to discuss it, just think about another solution.” HA HA HA HA. He laughs in the face of danger.

Beyond the mad howls is a man possessed. There is no doubt about whose presence permeates every inch of the complex in West Derby.

Klopp is unfazed by what he cannot control, and is fierce about what he can. One of his first instructions to his new squad was: “counter-pressing is not a requirement, it is the law.”

He has banned visitors from Melwood — friends to family — because it is the “headquarters of football” and as such, there should be no unnecessary distractions. There is no half-in attitude to sessions, you go full tilt or you go home.

Kloppo celebrates goals in training as though it’s the winner in the Champions League final. He steps in to assist players if a message is not getting across or a drill is incorrectly conducted. As Emre Can has attested, he makes you feel a little taller, a little stronger, a little fitter, a little braver.

Klopp looks at the squad and sees the promise, the strengths, the possibilities. Of course, he is aware there are plenty of flaws and weaknesses, but his job is not to play them up but get his side playing like they’re not there.

He is not scared of imperfections, if anything, he encourages it. “It is the bravery we need in football, the bravery to make faults,” Klopp has explained. “It doesn’t work without faults. Never in history.”

For the man who loves heavy metal, finding the solutions en-route to success is as enjoyable as triumph itself. And that is important, because the puzzles come in piles at Liverpool.

In the meantime, perhaps we can assist with a conundrum the spectacled one has not been able to crack yet: how to stop the reporting and camera clicks of every aspect of Klopp’s life. While he’s house hunting, taking a walk or having a steak, back off a little, allow him to breathe.

It’s at Anfield where you should take his breath away.

http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/10/liverpool-klopps-got-99-problems-solutions-aint-one/

By Melissa Reddy in The Anfield Wrap
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #1159: Oct 22, 2015 04:48:43 pm
      Our new manager Jürgen, settling in really quickly. Already he is sticking up to the FA quite rightly too, at least we have a manager who speaks his mind.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1160: Oct 22, 2015 09:57:43 pm
      Not many managers walk on the pitch and shake hands with all the players and officials, especially after not getting a win.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1161: Oct 22, 2015 10:05:08 pm
      still unbeaten Jürgen
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1162: Oct 22, 2015 10:26:09 pm

Or still winless, depending on how you look at it :laugh:
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #1163: Oct 22, 2015 10:34:32 pm
      Or still winless, depending on how you look at it :laugh:

daft thing is we are second in the Europa league table and still  in distance for a top four place and we have been absolutely sh*t all season.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1164: Oct 22, 2015 11:02:40 pm
      daft thing is we are second in the Europa league table and still  in distance for a top four place and we have been absolutely sh*t all season.

It really is a great opportunity for us to take advantage of the situation. Just need the players to step up, though.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1165: Oct 22, 2015 11:44:41 pm
      He's got his work cut out at this club.

And I don't envy him.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1166: Oct 22, 2015 11:46:24 pm
      He's got his work cut out at this club.

He has, and until the injuries get sorted the simple fact of the matter is we aren't very good. Even when they are sorted it's by no means a certainty that we are much better.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1167: Oct 22, 2015 11:48:12 pm
      He has, and until the injuries get sorted the simple fact of the matter is we aren't very good. Even when they are sorted it's by no means a certainty that we are much better.

Indeed.

Starting (bit early I know) to think this club is a bit of a poisoned chalice when it comes to managers.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1168: Oct 22, 2015 11:52:42 pm

I think he'll be fine as long as he's given time. At least this time EVERYONE was in favour of him when he first got the job, so as long as the fans are true to their words and don't turn on him he'll be fine.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1169: Oct 23, 2015 12:03:24 am
      Indeed.

Starting (bit early I know) to think this club is a bit of a poisoned chalice when it comes to managers.

I simply think it is down to lack of goal scorers mate. We saw with the mancs how Van Persie dragged a very average Manc side to the title and how Suarez and Sturridge almost did the same for us. I said before the game that the team didn't have a lot of goals in it.

I still believe our hopes lie in Sturridge and hopefully Benteke will chip in too. Goals change games and I think we will have to either pray Sturridge stays fit or bring someone in at Christmas.

I think once we get Henderson, Sturridge fit and Benteke and Firmino playing regularly we will see an improvement. Maybe not as great as we would all like but top 5 or 6 should be easily attainable, even higher if our rivals continue to have their own problems.

I think Klopp has taken on a big job here, maybe even bigger than he realised and it will take time and MONEY but I think he will succeed.   
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1170: Oct 23, 2015 12:11:06 am
      Yep, my guess is if Sturridge had played against Spurs and Ruben Kazan we'd have won both.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #1171: Oct 23, 2015 12:31:42 am
      Yep, my guess is if Sturridge had played against Spurs and Ruben Kazan we'd have won both.

A sharp Sturridge, yes but he's been lacking match fitness. Once he's back we'll be alright, if he can stay fit. The problem is if we're going to play with a single striker, as Klopp's history suggests we will, we need clinical finishers in midfield to make up the goal tally.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1172: Oct 23, 2015 12:32:55 am
      I simply think it is down to lack of goal scorers mate. We saw with the mancs how Van Persie dragged a very average Manc side to the title and how Suarez and Sturridge almost did the same for us. I said before the game that the team didn't have a lot of goals in it.   

RVP was the difference and that was very much a commercial decision to get him in for his goals.

I have seen so many "when Sturridge is back" posts  for months now, as if he is the Messiah.
      Rodgers was waiting for him  to return , like a kid waiting for a bus.

For years we have needed four proven strikers that we could rotate.

The last few year's "strikers" ... except Louis ... have been laughable.

Quick Reply