Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1543612 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #4554: Feb 10, 2016 12:09:56 pm
      The team did us proud, we lost to a last minute free kick, many were expecting us to get hammered but we never did we?...the lads gave a good account of themselves..

The priority now is the league with the FA cup out the way, Klopp can start to spend more time with the squad & get Benteke to find his shooting boots..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #4555: Feb 10, 2016 12:21:55 pm
      The only bright spot this season has been landing Klopp. Everything else has been a disappointment.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,882 posts | 704 
      Reply #4556: Feb 10, 2016 12:32:22 pm
      Quote from Kopite78
      But that's your opinion.

When he took the job the board would agree on priorities, I'm sure that the Europa League is up there as it has that CL place at the end..

My opinion is the UEFA Cup is primarily about us winning it for the fourth time and the chance to win another Super Cup. The European Cup place is next on the list.

Is it just me?
      Kopite78
      Reply #4557: Feb 10, 2016 12:37:15 pm
      My opinion is the UEFA Cup is primarily about us winning it for the fourth time and the chance to win another Super Cup. The European Cup place is next on the list.

Is it just me?

My opinion would be the exact same

But that's not the point I was trying to get across

I want us to win everything, best f**king chicken pie... The lot
      However I was trying to put across the view that the club had priorities and they will be discussed with the manager, CEO and owners every season

I might not agree or have the same priorities but it's life
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #4558: Feb 10, 2016 12:37:41 pm

Is it just me?

I wouldn't care about the SuperCup but the opportunity to win a European trophy with the likes of Sevilla, Dortmund and Napoli competing is what excites me.
      Oh and a CL place would be nice.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #4559: Feb 10, 2016 12:51:52 pm
      The only bright spot this season has been landing Klopp. Everything else has been a disappointment.

I agree mate. I didn't start the season with high expectations, but I am having to downgrade even those. 
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4420 
      Reply #4560: Feb 10, 2016 01:01:28 pm
      I agree mate. I didn't start the season with high expectations, but I am having to downgrade even those. 

You will be fine when we win the EL and qualify for the CL at the same time pushing the Mancs out from finishing 4th  ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,332 posts | 4960 
      Reply #4561: Feb 10, 2016 01:23:46 pm

And signing Firmino.

Missed the game last night.

After losing I couldn't be bothered to look for any highlights or even post about t on here.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4562: Feb 10, 2016 01:30:26 pm
      And signing Firmino.

Missed the game last night.

After losing I couldn't be bothered to look for any highlights or even post about t on here.

I'm watching it again Si, it was a good game despite the result.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #4563: Feb 10, 2016 01:34:41 pm
      I'm watching it again Si, it was a good game despite the result.

It was Debbs, beaten by a last minute free kick, I'm not too disheartened to be honest, done us proud last night, except the tow Belgiums!.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4564: Feb 10, 2016 01:50:40 pm
      It was Debbs, beaten by a last minute free kick, I'm not too disheartened to be honest, done us proud last night, except the tow Belgiums!.

We could and should have won it Shabs and won it easily at that. 
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #4565: Feb 10, 2016 02:04:11 pm
      In fairness they hit the post a couple of times and had a probable penalty turned down too, so if we're being totally honest it's not one that we should have walked it. We definately could have won it though, and in extra time in particular looked the far likelier team.

It's going to be interesting going forward what Jürgen does with the returning players, if they do stay fit (I know). If it were the previous manager before he got all confused and disappeared into a shell of indecision he'd have played the lot of them and gone for it. We'd have gone in with a front three of Firmino, Sturridge and Benteke/Origi with a midfield of Coutinho, Lucas/Henderson and Milner, probably with two bombalong full backs. I don't suppose for a moment Jürgen will be quite that gung-ho, but even though we lost last night, it was nice to see us for once causing havok when we went forward.

In truth I think it's time now for everyone to calm down. Our whole season now hinges on one game in the Carling Cup final, all the other stuff is just a bonus. Lets have a bit of a go, properly find out where we are and a decent pattern of play, and lets have some fun. I've already said I don't think Jürgen will go "balls out", but there's part of me that wishes he would.   
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #4566: Feb 10, 2016 02:10:21 pm
      Jürgen obviously knows more than I do about his squad and last night's game, but I would have loved to see Couts and Benteke come off early and have Tex show what he could have done playing behind the two strikers of Studge and Origi. It was bold going with 3 forwards, but we can't say it really worked out can we?
      Redwanderer
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #4567: Feb 10, 2016 02:33:34 pm
      I disagree mate, the mistake was Benteke missing chance after chance. We created enough tbh and they didn't exactly put us under huge pressure, the defense held up firm for the most part. Our inability to take our chances and finish teams off cost us...again.

Yep..gotta agree with this.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #4568: Feb 10, 2016 02:35:24 pm
      Jürgen obviously knows more than I do about his squad and last night's game, but I would have loved to see Couts and Benteke come off early and have Tex show what he could have done playing behind the two strikers of Studge and Origi. It was bold going with 3 forwards, but we can't say it really worked out can we?

The only one that really failed I thought was Origi who looked completely out of place on the left.

It was odd that once we got the runners all our midfielders suddenly thought they were Gerrard too though, it was like this shock to the system for them to see people actually moving in front of them that they couldn't resist the hollywood pass and that hindered our play too much.

I know people will say we removed the bridge between the two but it was a case of both, there was plenty of space for our midfielders to move into but whether tiredness (Chiravella and Stewart were knackered at this point) or just that "wow, runners" sensation brought it out of them.

I think what will have helped is people can see how we will look with a better player up there, Sturridge transformed our attack, completely night and day seeing him dart between the lines, grab the ball and actually beat people with some pace about it, different class entirely.

I was really disappointed in Benteke not actually passing on the occasions he had to Sturridge at this point he'd already missed 5 or 6 chances so perhaps it was born out of frustration that caused him to screw up but his shot when Jabv compared it to the "paralytic hamster" Sturridge was free about to completely break their defensive line and would have had a 1v1 with a simple pass, or the 5v2 where Benteke had so many options and still screwed it up waiting far too long were the bigger disappointments about his play for me.

I know I harped on about the 9 missed chances but I can actually cope with that, what I can't cope with is 1 lad making 1 mistake in the whole match (that wasn't even a foul on reflection) and the support jumping on his back, completely disproportionate.

I absolutely can't wait to see Sturridge with Firmino and Coutinho. Whether we choose to play them as a tandem up top with Cou behind or get someone on the left other than Origi I'm not sure but it was a delight to see how well they played together. One thing I'll give Sturridge credit for is every time he comes back from injury (perhaps it's practise) he does seem to hit the ground in decent form and he looked close to top form straight away last night.

Keep him fit (miracles could happen) and we might have a really encouraging end to the season.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #4569: Feb 10, 2016 03:31:29 pm
      I disagree mate, the mistake was Benteke missing chance after chance. We created enough tbh and they didn't exactly put us under huge pressure, the defense held up firm for the most part. Our inability to take our chances and finish teams off cost us...again.
      Let me elaborate. Prior to Sturrigde and Origi you have Smith getting to the by-line and putting in decent balls into decent areas, with no one getting on the end of them, even Ibe played a few decent balls in....After  both Origi and Sturridge was introduced Smith stopped getting forward, yet Sturrigde started to get into those positions Smith had been playing the ball into earlier... Ibe was push back into midfield and Sturridge into Ibe's position hence we did not create as many chances as earlier... Yes Benteke missed two clear cut chances, but we would would have had plenty more had we (a)...Swapped Sturridge and Origi for Coutinho and Benteke/Ibe... (b).... played Sturridge through the centre instead of Benteke
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4570: Feb 10, 2016 04:51:02 pm
      It would seem ''priorities'' are a luxury we are not entitled to right now.
       A respectable position in the Prem is increasingly looking like an acceptable proposition,  hopefully provide a springboard for the manager's grand plans for next season.

It seems we have been living GroundHog Next Season for a few years now Stu .
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #4571: Feb 10, 2016 05:01:08 pm

Hope springs eternal mate.
      Kopite78
      Reply #4572: Feb 10, 2016 05:20:39 pm

Without hope what is life lads?

Tell yous what though like, I'm not hopeful..

I know it will be sound

You know what? F**k all the sniping at each other that I see that goes on since I've joined.. We are privileged to be reds.. And I F***ing love it.
      Let everyone snipe at us, I'll piss myself even more when Herr Klopp brings the title home
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #4573: Feb 10, 2016 07:30:47 pm
      Win the League Cup, and europa league place is secured

Win the Europa League, and Champions League place is secured

That's where Klopp's focus will be now. As well as telling his defenders to defend to the final whistle, not the 80th plus minute and keep losing concentration and conceding sloppy goals
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #4574: Feb 10, 2016 07:59:39 pm
      Win the League Cup, and europa league place is secured

Win the Europa League, and Champions League place is secured

That's where Klopp's focus will be now. As well as telling his defenders to defend to the final whistle, not the 80th plus minute and keep losing concentration and conceding sloppy goals

So you don't think he's already done that?
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #4575: Feb 10, 2016 08:19:23 pm
      So you don't think he's already done that?

think I have heard him speak about this on more than one occasion and its clear he isn't happy.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #4576: Feb 10, 2016 11:02:53 pm
      Have a feeling the gaffer's statement on ticket prices to the press did not hurt the cause either, no doubt in my mind he had a word with FSG also.

Quick Reply