Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1561715 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #6969: May 01, 2016 11:03:45 pm
      The problem is not just about team selection. The problem is also that players tend to have one eye on the big game coming up. Unless you really have something to play for in the league most sides results tend to fall away when they are on a cup run. Even most supporters went into today's game with a "meh" attitude.

I don't think we have helped ourselves with our decisions over the last couple of weeks but hopefully everything now will be focused on Thursday. My worry is that you can't just turn it on and off like a tap and we really need to be at our best for this game.

Jürgen has a lot of work to do this week and he really needs to get this one right.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #6970: May 01, 2016 11:09:45 pm
      How do you question a manager who got us into a domestic final & 90 mins from our first European cup final in 9 years in his first maiden season with a squad some said was sh*te?..

I don't get it?..
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #6971: May 01, 2016 11:11:24 pm
      Its a tough one for me, on one hand i want us to win the Europa and that means keeping players fit, but at the same time i just hate seeing us lose. I get why Jürgen did what he did, but i just hope people don't bi*ch and moan about it if we don't win the Europa League because he did what most of us asked for and really focused on it.

If he had fielded an full strength team today and we won 4-0 but a couple of our first 11 go into the 2nd leg fatigued or with a knock, people will be going batshit crazy.

I personally think Klopp will rally the troops Thursday night and Sturride will start and we will win 3-1.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6972: May 01, 2016 11:26:56 pm
      How do you question a manager who got us into a domestic final & 90 mins from our first European cup final in 9 years in his first maiden season with a squad some said was sh*te?..

I don't get it?..

Kenny got sacked for similar mate.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #6973: May 01, 2016 11:32:16 pm
      Kenny got sacked for similar mate.

Kenny got sacked for defending Suarez not for failing to win the FA cup or our league position...

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6974: May 01, 2016 11:36:54 pm
      Kenny got sacked for defending Suarez not for failing to win the FA cup or our league position...

Asked to respond to Ferguson’s comments that the reaction to Suárez’s suspension played any role, Henry said: “That did not play a part. It did not come into play. Basically that did not come into it, and we have been into the factors why. No one man is bigger than the club and no one issue is going to determine the long-term viability of the club.”

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #6975: May 01, 2016 11:56:21 pm
      Asked to respond to Ferguson’s comments that the reaction to Suárez’s suspension played any role, Henry said: “That did not play a part. It did not come into play. Basically that did not come into it, and we have been into the factors why. No one man is bigger than the club and no one issue is going to determine the long-term viability of the club.”

& I'm all if a sudden supposed to believe JWH .... It PR damage limitation to the asset..

Sorry S@int but Kenny was hung out to dry over Suarezgate under the cover of league position..JWH stated even if Kenny had won the FA cup Kenny was going.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #6976: May 01, 2016 11:59:58 pm
      & I'm all if a sudden supposed to believe JWH .... It PR damage limitation to the asset..

Sorry S@int but Kenny was hung out to dry over Suarezgate under the cover of league position..JWH stated even if Kenny had won the FA cup Kenny was going.

Do you truly believe that?  I went up for a few of the games that season, the football was every bit as poor as the worst of Rodgers, at times.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6977: May 02, 2016 12:00:53 am

We totally lost focus in the league mate. The cups became everything.

"The FA Cup would not have made any difference had he won it. No, no," Henry said with some emphasis.

"For us, we were 17th over the second half of the season and Liverpool should not be in that position.

"The play was lacking - I think it was obvious to every Liverpool fan that something was wrong and something needed to be done in the current circumstances.

"We had a very poor second half to the season."
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #6978: May 02, 2016 12:03:37 am
      Do you truly believe that?  I went up for a few of the games that season, the football was every bit as poor as the worst of Rodgers, at times.

I do mate, when you are playing in 2 finals of a domestic cup it can have an impact on your league campaign... Granted some if the footy was poor but winning a cup & a second final softened the blow of our league performance.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #6979: May 02, 2016 12:13:19 am
      winning a cup & a second final softened the blow of our league performance.

It did for us mate, Henry obviously had a different view. He wanted to bring in his own manager which Kenny never was.

As I said in my post above "Unless you really have something to play for in the league most sides results tend to fall away when they are on a cup run"

Our results fell away and Henry used that to bring in his own man.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #6980: May 02, 2016 12:14:52 am
      Kenny was never a long term appointment for FSG. He only chucked his hat in because of the Owl. As for losing too Swansea, I'd rest all the players and get them fired up for Thursday too. Who wouldn't. They don't want injuries etc before that game. We don't want them tired.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #6981: May 02, 2016 12:15:01 am
      No two ways about it for me Jürgen has had a bad week and it could get a lot worse for him and us if we do not progress on Thursday.

As stated many times on here love the man and the coach but he got several things fundamentally wrong for me the last week and both him and his players will need to redeem themselves come Thursday night. Villareal were there for the taking we set up for a 0-0 draw to roll them at home that backfired, we dropped our in form striker and gave him 90 minutes against a side on the cusp of a relegation battle that backfired.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #6982: May 02, 2016 12:15:36 am
      I do mate, when you are playing in 2 finals of a domestic cup it can have an impact on your league campaign... Granted some if the footy was poor but winning a cup & a second final softened the blow of our league performance.

If I'd seen improvement as the season went on, I'd agree, but I saw a gradual decline in quality.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6983: May 02, 2016 05:40:45 am
      Once again we go into Thursday's game on the back of a sh*t result. I said last week you can't keep changing half the team, it is of no benefit. We need consistency and confidence going into such important games, not on the back of getting stuffed by Swansea. Pretty much everything Klopp could have gotten wrong in the last few games, he has gotten wrong. Not good enough and 3 games without a win is unnaceptable. It's like we have surrendered the league and just going through the motions. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose on Thursday and IMO it would be down to all this changing of the line up because all it is doing it showing who isn't good enough to be here next season. If a player can't play 2 games a week then they need a reality check.

If a player cant play two games a week.

Call me old fashioned but I still cant understand why we have to rest players between games in the modern era of super fitness.

Why we played against Swansea the youngest ever Liverpool side in the Premier League era and came out of it with what we deserved to.

The classic was the Real Madrid and Chelsea week under TPM which spectacularly backfired on him.
      A European campaign to be forgotten.

I do consider what Jürgen has done since only last October is to maximise both the players performance and the teams tactics.
      That is remarkable .
      For that alone and for some of the results I can not complain. ***

Problem is.
      A turd is still a turd at the end of the day and there are a considerable amount of dross players to rid ourselves of.

How do you question a manager who got us into a domestic final & 90 mins from our first European cup final in 9 years in his first maiden season ?..

I don't get it?..
      « Last Edit: May 02, 2016 06:35:30 am by eurored »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #6984: May 02, 2016 07:41:57 am
      I just hope this isn't a sign of things to come next season; if we're doing well in a cup the kids are thrown into league games.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #6985: May 02, 2016 07:51:03 am
      You are definitely a low life .
      You were the one who stooped to mention it in a derogatory manner.

You are just being evasive.

I simply asked why you hadn't even made one post regarding the Inquest verdicts and you said you "had posted on another forum".

I said.  OK.
      Give us the link .
      Let us see what comments you have left .

I'll ask you yet again. One more time
      Post us the link so we can read them. Third time of asking . Where are they ?

You haven't made any posts . You are a liar. Even in that you have been disrespectful and evasive.

It has nothing to do with an internet spat.

It simply proves you have nothing to do with this club .

The only way you try to avoid this humiliation that you deserve , is to try to be disrespectful regarding this subject  ....... which is your sewer level.

Time is  up.

For my part the subject is CLOSED.

Still banging on about it I see - at least this time even your friends can see how pathetic this is which shows that they have some class.

Off you jog- I hope you're proud of yourself.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #6986: May 02, 2016 07:54:24 am
      Once again we go into Thursday's game on the back of a sh*t result. I said last week you can't keep changing half the team, it is of no benefit. We need consistency and confidence going into such important games, not on the back of getting stuffed by Swansea. Pretty much everything Klopp could have gotten wrong in the last few games, he has gotten wrong. Not good enough and 3 games without a win is unnaceptable. It's like we have surrendered the league and just going through the motions. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose on Thursday and IMO it would be down to all this changing of the line up because all it is doing it showing who isn't good enough to be here next season. If a player can't play 2 games a week then they need a reality check.

Exactly right - a very honest appraisal which would have been shouted down all round on here not long ago.

The truth is inescapable - Klopp has made wuite a few mistakes. That's OK he is human just as every one of our managers in history has made mistakes.

The dilemma here, in my opinion, is that both strikers have been mishandled and we now have to decide which of them start in less-than-ideal circumstances.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #6987: May 02, 2016 08:27:15 am
      Quote from vulcan_red
      Kenny was never a long term appointment for FSG. He only chucked his hat in because of the Owl. As for losing too Swansea, I'd rest all the players and get them fired up for Thursday too. Who wouldn't. They don't want injuries etc before that game. We don't want them tired.

Kenny was one year into a three year contract. He was a long term appointment, not an "interim coach".

Onto current matters, and it looks like the players put the feet up for the season at half time against Newcastle. While resting players en masse while we're not guaranteed to get European football at all next year, is at best risky. If we don't get past Villarreal, it will have been a foolhardy move, and Klopp will be responsible for it.

Remember his quote from the Kazan trip and his decision to field a full strength side, that playing a side of youngsters is experience for them, but "not the experience they should get". It still applies now.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      Reply #6988: May 02, 2016 08:35:11 am
      Kenny was one year into a three year contract. He was a long term appointment, not an "interim coach".

Onto current matters, and it looks like the players put the feet up for the season at half time against Newcastle. While resting players en masse while we're not guaranteed to get European football at all next year, is at best risky. If we don't get past Villarreal, it will have been a foolhardy move, and Klopp will be responsible for it.

Remember his quote from the Kazan trip and his decision to field a full strength side, that playing a side of youngsters is experience for them, but "not the experience they should get". It still applies now.

True - interesting to see what those who were criticising us playing a "B side" against Real will post when we still had a chance to get into the Champions League via the Prem.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #6989: May 02, 2016 08:39:02 am
      :D

In my humble opinion with the cloak of non disclosure encompassing me like a shroud of mystery, I believe we'll be losing seven first teamers.As for gaining I'm afraid that cannot be discussed at this time as it may complicate any deal that may or may not be on the table, if any deal is on the table, which there may or not be, possibly.

Nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more squire, say no more. 

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #6990: May 02, 2016 08:43:06 am
      I think I said before that Klopp was probably expecting more from Villarreal, I certainly thought they would be better. He played with a team that he thought could keep them out, and still come away with a win. I truth we should still have done so, but a 1-0 defeat isn't the end of the world. Even at 0-0 we would have to score, so we will be going about this game the same way we would if it was still score less.
      I also think Sturridge should have been brought on, but then again he played the full 90 yesterday and didn't score, there's no guarantee he would've scored then either.
      Maybe we should all trust Klopp's judgement, after all, if we win this tournament the semi final first leg will be quickly forgotten.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #6991: May 02, 2016 08:45:54 am
      Still banging on about it I see - at least this time even your friends can see how pathetic this is which shows that they have some class.

I SAID : SUBJECT CLOSED  .   

Do you have a reading problem as well ?

Quick Reply