Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1538456 times
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #7498: May 16, 2016 03:35:48 pm
      I don't think there's a single club in the world that wouldn't want Klopp as their manager!

Right now there is actually one. They have Ranieri as their hero, but before long they gonna have to join the rest of the world i'm afraid.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,964 posts | 5020 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #7499: May 16, 2016 04:18:12 pm
      I'm more confident going into next season than I have been since Kenny left. I was always convinced when Kenny came back that we would win the league within a couple of years, I feel the same now with Jürgen.  Hopefully this time I'm right :)

Got a feeling you will be mate.  ;)

YNWA

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7500: May 16, 2016 04:44:16 pm

No its not.

Different ball game had Klopp spent 100's of millions and been here a couple of seasons, then i'd agree.

Its all about perspective and looking at the whole picture/circumstances.

Its easy to say we finished 8th, It's unacceptable. Full stop. without considering or taking in to account why.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,613 posts | 7142 
      Reply #7501: May 16, 2016 05:21:58 pm
      I was disgusted that Rafa was sacked I was even more disgusted we appointed Roy. I was elated when Kenny was appointed I was really pissed when they sacked him. I was dubious about Brendan from day one and so pleased when he left .Now back to being elated because of Jürgen because he like Kenny like Rafa he is a winner and we should never appoint another manager unless they have a pedigree of winning.
      We are about to be winners again on Weds.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #7502: May 16, 2016 06:36:17 pm
      8th ain't great but if we're honest, we've been going through the motions in the league for the last half dozen games or so. We've had two finals which have (rightly) taken our focus, and I've no doubt that if we only had the league to play for we'd have at least finished above Man Utd.

The league has been a bit of a learning curve, and as long as we actually HAVE learnt what is/was needed, it'll be worth it in the end.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #7503: May 16, 2016 07:18:08 pm
      many are happy with 8th as long as we have Klopp.

Nobody's happy with 8th so give it a rest.

Think it explains why we're on our 5th manager in 6 years.

I don't remember the open bus tour after we finished 2nd either.

Our aim should be to win every competition we are in. This season we've had a chance in 2 out of 4 which isn't bad considering a managerial switch.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,372 posts | 1540 
      Reply #7504: May 16, 2016 09:09:59 pm
      How did that work out this year with Ranieri, eh?

If we do well in the league next year, I want it to be on merit, not just because we were not as "distracted" as 7 other sides.

I've said it before and will say it again, I want European football next year. We need European football next year to build on the progress this year, and to help attract better players on board. I just can't see the likes of Gotze or Reus (to name two) coming near this place, if the nearest he'll get to Europe is Bournemouth.

We won one league game in the last 5, failing to secure a European place in the league, not the best form going into a European final tbh. That just increases the pressure on the players because make no mistake, Seville are a quality side and they're not double holders in this for effect. Well there's no second chances anymore. It's all or nothing now.

I'm actually wondering if Klopp hasn't already got a couple of big names lined up. They are just waiting to see if we get into C.L. before committing to us.  Just a thought !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,399 posts | 6406 
      Reply #7505: May 16, 2016 09:24:07 pm
      I'm actually wondering if Klopp hasn't already got a couple of big names lined up. They are just waiting to see if we get into C.L. before committing to us.  Just a thought !

Don't think so. Didn't Klopp make pretty strong statements that he didn't want players that weren't committed to this project no matter CL participation?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7506: May 16, 2016 09:38:51 pm
      Don't think so. Didn't Klopp make pretty strong statements that he didn't want players that weren't committed to this project no matter CL participation?

He did mate.  We might get Gotze but that'll be due to Klopp himself rather than CL qualification.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1680 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7507: May 16, 2016 09:47:26 pm
      Still couple of days to go.
      But cmon Jürgen, bring it home!!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7508: May 17, 2016 06:23:39 am
      Day Of Destiny 18/5/16

That is some shiny turd  Jürgen has polished to get us to the Final.

Proves a lot doesn't it ?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #7509: May 17, 2016 11:13:57 am
      Day Of Destiny 18/5/16

That is some shiny turd  Jürgen has polished to get us to the Final.

Proves a lot doesn't it ?

Even Jürgen himself has said one of the main reasons he took the job was because he thought "Wow, I like the squad!". From that we can conclude one of three things is true.

Either:

a) Jürgen is a "bullsh!tter".

b) Jürgen hasn't got a clue what he's on about.

or c) Those who said the squad was sh!t and "turds" were infact talking bollocks.

I know what my monies on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7510: May 17, 2016 11:19:37 am
      Even Jürgen himself has said one of the main reasons he took the job was because he thought "Wow, I like the squad!". From that we can conclude one of three things is true.

Either:

or c) Those who said the squad was sh!t and "turds" were infact talking bollocks.

Or he thought Brendan was ruining too many really good players  ;)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #7511: May 17, 2016 11:34:51 am
      Or he thought Brendan was ruining too many really good players  ;)

.........And that the squad was infact pretty good and those who said they were all "turds" were talking sh!t? Yep, I agree Debs.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #7512: May 17, 2016 11:42:31 am

He will of no doubt, he knew majority of the players were equipped to play a relentless pressing game from the 'nearly season', even some of our newer additions such as Firmino he knew was a hard worker from his time in Germany and Llalana who he'd considered for Dortmund.

He probably thought it would make the transition to his style much easier and more of a tweak here and there other than ripping it all up and starting afresh.

No doubt over the last seven months his view will have changed somewhat players he was excited about have probably dropped down the pecking order, players he was indifferent about have possibly worked their way in to his plans.

That's why i'm happy Klopp didn't really make any transfers in January, he's had 7 months to really evaluate the squad in competitive football matches, its going to be an interesting summer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,217 posts | 4412 
      Reply #7513: May 17, 2016 11:44:33 am
      I can't imagine Jürgen would have said anything different about the squad he's not a idiot.

If we take our red tinted glasses off the squad is average but with a couple of stars like Coutinho and Sturridge.

The table never lies.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,471 posts | 4592 
      Reply #7514: May 17, 2016 11:48:47 am
      I can't imagine Jürgen would have said anything different about the squad he's not a idiot.

If we take our red tinted glasses off the squad is average but with a couple of stars like Coutinho and Sturridge.

The table never lies.

Klopp has done wonders with an under performing squad....we lacked direction,belief & most of all we were pretty dysfunctional....

& add the fact how Klopp has united the club once more...

Had Rodgers still been around he would have expected another £300 million to improve the current squad...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,596 posts | 1680 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7515: May 17, 2016 11:51:12 am

Either:

Yea, Jürgen has already said he didn't need to teach the players how to play ball, BR had already done that. And he had. We have a decent set of players. And Klopp has been able to get them up for the Cup. We need to add quality to challenge for the PL, but again we have a experienced manager who has already shown his steel in how he picks his teams, and imagine he'll be same in transfer market.

The manager's in really a good position just now.
      If we win Europa, he gets massive credit for bringing us to the final, and deservedly so.
      If we loose, well, he's done his very best with the 'players available'.

Don't think Klopp's thinking about any that though. Like everyone, he wants to WIN.
      Enjoy the occasion, soak up the atmosphere ... sure ... but this is last game of season, don't leave ANYTHING out on that pitch, we've won nothing yet, the prize is massive, we have a great history in Europe, we have the desire and the ability to win it, so go out there and show everyone we are back on the big stage!!!!!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #7516: May 17, 2016 11:51:15 am
      .........And that the squad was infact pretty good and those who said they were all "turds" were talking sh!t? Yep, I agree Debs.

Buying players then asking them to do something totally different to their natural game will make them look like turds, a bit like forcing jigsaw pieces into the wrong place. 

Put them in the right order, let them play as they know they can and have done for years makes a much prettier picture.  Less of a hotch potch more of a masterpiece  ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #7517: May 17, 2016 11:52:07 am

Or we look more a cup team rather than a league team at the moment

i.e they turn up when they want!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #7518: May 17, 2016 12:01:56 pm

The table never lies.

True.  The European Cup team that won in Istanbul - that finished 37 points off the top of the league and was rightly dismantled within weeks, was a worse side than the one that lost two years later in 2007.  But that's just football.

This Liverpool side has got way too many average players in it - my opinion on that won't change if we win tomorrow. More power to the manager - takes a special coach with a wide knowledge of continental football to get average players to a European final.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #7519: May 17, 2016 12:02:56 pm

Either:

Well Mick whatever the outcome tomorrow , Brendan had a couple of goes at europe and failed fckin miserably , now that could be because the players were turds or ? Klopp has had one go with those turds and voila now go figure what the problem was .
      « Last Edit: May 17, 2016 12:14:17 pm by JD »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #7520: May 17, 2016 12:07:17 pm
      Jürgen's revolution: how Klopp persuaded Liverpool he would be their perfect match

Jürgen Klopp’s Liverpool revolution began in the city that never sleeps.

New York city. Autumn. A job interview to shape Liverpool’s future.

John W. Henry, Mike Gordon, Tom Werner and Ian Ayre heard Klopp map out his vision over six hours in a Madison Avenue law firm.

He detailed the qualities of the squad he’d be taking over, expressing admiration for recruits who were being written off as emblems of a poor transfer policy. He promised he’d turn Emre Can into a central midfielder; he explained why Roberto Firmino wasn’t being used in the position that made him excel in Germany.

Alternative candidates, such as Carlo Ancelotti, made it sound like they’d get to work once they drove into Melwood. Klopp gave the impression the job had already begun, as if it was his vocation. After an hour in his company, FSG were preparing contract talks with Klopp’s agent, Marc Kosike.

It was announced a week later. A jubilant fanbase and enthusiastic media declared the prototype Liverpool manager in place, as if some footballing version of a dating agency had delivered the perfect match. FSG retained some caution despite enjoying the positivity after a difficult 18 months under Brendan Rodgers. Klopp had still needed to convince them with deeds. Even they could not have envisaged how swiftly the relationship has flourished with two major final in four months.

We can talk about press conferences coated in charisma, the occasional brilliance hinting at what is to come, and the obvious change of style from pedestrian, predictable football to the ferocious foraging that overcame Manchester United, Borussia Dortmund and Villarreal.

But a truer insight into how Klopp has taken a grip of Liverpool came courtesy of an interview with Adam Lallana as part of the Europa League Final build-up.

Lallana was recalling Klopp’s promise before the League Cup Final that it would be ‘the first of many’ when the manager appeared from behind a glass wall at Melwood’s training ground.

Klopp was in mischievous mood, patrolling the corridor, poking his nose against the partition suspiciously peering and pondering what his midfielder was saying.

The manager moved out of sight and Lallana continued. Within a few minutes, Klopp reappeared across the other side of the room, spotted through the French doors separating the office where this interview is taking place from the veranda.

He intervened, ordering a journalist to let him in.

“Ask him if he knows when Spurs start pre-season training.”

Klopp said, roaring with laughter.

“I asked him and he knew. He said it was July 1!”

Lallana protested he didn’t realise the question – asked on the day he’d been linked with a reunion with former manager Mauricio Pochettino - was a joke.

Within five minutes, those present witnessed the quintessential Klopp - a manager with a multi-faceted relationship with his players. The boundaries of who is the leader are clear, but equally the style can be one of paternal warmth as much as cracked whip.

Klopp’s Liverpool is fixated on hedonism, making the smiling face part of the kit, creating an environment where players are reminded of the privileges their talent affords them and encouraged - compelled if necessary - to suck the marrow out of life. Gerard Houllier and Rafa Benitez, the club’s last great European conquerors, were brilliant football minds but you could never imagine them engaging with their players in this way in front of guests. Melwood was like a scientific laboratory under them - and by the end of their reigns more like boot camp. This is not to decry different methods, but merely to underline how utterly different Klopp is.

“There are different ways to Rome,” as Klopp puts it.

He has all the studiousness and attention to detail that typified Houllier and Benitez at their best, but it is allied to contagious charm. Anger comes when players fail to create bonhomie.

“He is animated and emotional on match days. That makes him who he is. When you come onto the training pitch he is very affectionate, and has a laugh and joke,” said Lallana.

“People speak about the hugs he seems to give everyone but sometimes that can mean a lot to a player. It can make you feel wanted and shows he appreciates the hard work you have just put into a game. He demands hard work. He demands 100%. He doesn't do passive.”

Klopp’s arrival at Anfield now seems one of football’s greatest no-brainers, but there are those who were worried Liverpool waited too long to move for him.

The hero of Liverpool’s last European trophy win, Jerzy Dudek, had consulted the Polish contingent who excelled in Klopp’s Dortmund side and was eager for his former club to get on with it.

“I knew he was right because I spoke to Lewandowski, Piszczek and Blaszczkowski and they all said his mentality with the players, transmission to the supporters and knowledge of the game is so good,” said Dudek.

“I don’t wish bad for anyone but I was scared they would miss out on Klopp. This is the right man for this club. I was scared maybe Arsenal would take him before us.

“Lewandowski said he is a guy who you never know is speaking seriously or speaking with love. Sometimes he can kill you on the pitch and then a few seconds later he is giving you a hug. Direction is important. You are scared and then he maybe says I did too much - but he stirs emotions and that is why the players are so focused. You never know when he is going to shout. He is involved in every single moment. If he sees someone is not working, he will go and he is going to kill him. If the person starts to cry he says ‘ok man, no problem. I am watching you.’ You have to work for him.

“When you see what he has done and how he is at the end of the game with the supporters you see the passion and enthusiasm. Everyone is engaged. Ten minutes before time (against Villarreal) when Dejan Lovren made a tackle, you saw what Klopp is. He didn’t see the reaction he wanted from the people and he turned around and said ‘come on, cheer him’. He wants you to fight for him.”

This is the Klopp that seduced Liverpool in New York. It is the man Liverpool hopes will deliver their ninth European trophy in Basel.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/16/jurgens-revolution-how-klopp-persuaded-liverpool-he-would-be-the/

Quick Reply