Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1537827 times
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #8464: Jul 09, 2016 06:55:49 pm
       :lmao: "Liverpool country" strikes again  ;D:

https://twitter.com/robyndavidsonxo/status/751829059479412736
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8465: Jul 11, 2016 09:26:16 am
      I've posted this in the "summer clearout" thread but it's just as applicable in here.

This is absolutely superb news and exactly the right approach to take before sending the lads on loan.

Superb in the sense that our profile has improved massively regarding our young players where instead of League 1 and 2 Clubs wanting our players it's now Championship Clubs. 

The right approach in that instead of just accepting a loan for the sake of it, each offer will be weighed up against what is actually on offer and how or if it'll benefit us and the player.  Taking account of facilities, training methods, game style etc is precisely what we should be doing, otherwise what's the point in them going.

Loan offers pour in for Liverpool FC youngsters but Klopp in no rush to lose them.

05:00, 11 Jul 2016
          Updated 08:36, 11 Jul 2016
          By James Pearce

Reds boss has a dilemma when it comes to those on the fringes of his squad.

Liverpool have been inundated with loan offers for their top young talent - but Jürgen Klopp intends to take his time before deciding what’s best for their development this season.

Ryan Fulton has joined League One outfit Chesterfield on a season long-loan and fellow keeper Danny Ward is also expected to depart on a temporary basis to gain experience with Huddersfield Town his likely destination.

However, the Reds have so far resisted approaches for a number of outfield players on the fringes of Klopp’s first-team squad.

A host of Championship clubs have registered an interest in Brad Smith but the Australian left-back is unlikely to go anywhere until Liverpool have strengthened in that position.  Ben Chilwell is the club’s top target but they have so far been unable to agree a fee with Leicester City having had a £7million bid rejected.

Ryan Kent, Pedro Chirivella, Kevin Stewart and Connor Randall are among those wanted on loan, while the Reds recently rejected an approach from Wigan for Cameron Brannagan.

Klopp finds himself facing something of a dilemma when it comes to loan deals.

When he first arrived at Melwood last October he was shocked to discover the club had no fewer than 17 players out on loan.  It was a situation completely alien to the former Borussia Dortmund boss, who insisted a club should nurture their own young talent rather than send them elsewhere.

“It is not normal to have players on loan in Germany, but in England it is,” he said.  “I’m not sure it’s always best to give young players to other clubs.  I think it’s a kind of pressure you don’t need at that age.

“Maybe we need to cool down the situation a little bit, hold on to these guys longer and let them play in our second team and develop as a team.”

Prompted by a crippling injury crisis, Klopp then recalled the likes of Kent (Coventry), Sheyi Ojo (Wolves), Stewart (Swindon) and Ward (Aberdeen), who all got first-team opportunities on their return.

However, in the months since Klopp has come to understand more fully why the Reds previously felt the need to send their youngsters far and wide.

Whereas he was used to Dortmund’s under-23s playing in the regionalised third tier of German football, the Under-21s Premier League doesn’t come close to bridging the gap between youth and senior football.  The fixture list is sporadic and matches are often little more than glorified training exercises with little edge or intensity.

Klopp, who also handed game time to Academy rookies Ovie Ejaria, Trent Alexander-Arnold and Ben Woodburn against Tranmere last Friday, wants the club’s best youngsters to spend pre-season with the first-team squad.

He wants to work with them on the training ground, assess where they are up to and leave them in no doubt about what’s required to be part of his long-term plans.

However, after the tour of the States there will be some big decisions to make.  Liverpool’s absence from Europe this season means there will be less need to rotate and less game time for those on the fringes.

Brazilian midfielder Allan Rodrigues de Souza will leave on loan as the Reds are still unable to get a work permit for him but who else follows him out the door is unclear.

The situation is complicated by the scrapping of the emergency loan system in the Football League which means loans now have to be done on a window-to-window basis.  With no more one-month loans or the ability to recall at a moment’s notice, parent clubs will have to think carefully about where their players are heading.

If a loan offer looks appealing Liverpool will send staff to check out a club’s facilities and examine training methods and playing style before giving the green light to it.  It has to be the right fit.

Ultimately, it will come down to what Klopp believes is best for those looking to make the grade at Anfield.

Train at Melwood on a daily basis and make maybe half a dozen senior appearances all season or go elsewhere and get 30 games under your belt in the Championship or League One?

There will certainly be fewer loans sanctioned this summer but for some it will still be the right option in order to ensure they kick on.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8466: Jul 11, 2016 12:57:33 pm
      Good to hear that even Jürgen went "Oh!" watching the youngsters play, it shows how much they can impress and young players can make those big development jumps unexpectedly.

Boss: We don't want to have an easy pre-season

Chris Shaw
      @shawct

Jürgen Klopp welcomes problems and challenges during Liverpool's pre-season schedule – as they will ensure his players are ready for the Premier League kick-off next month.

The Reds began their run of nine preparation matches with a 1-0 win over Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park on Friday night, Danny Ings powering in the decisive goal on 79 minutes.

Klopp’s side were made to work hard for the result, squandering several chances to take the lead after the hosts had struck the post through Connor Jennings in the first half.

But the manager insisted that kind of game is required at this stage of pre-season and provides early examples of what must be tweaked before facing Arsenal on August 14.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s always nice to see the very young lads in games like this and think ‘oh!’ because they make really big steps.

“That’s good to see.  The young boys only enjoy it, they have no pressure, and it’s nice.

“But for all of the other players, they have to show a little bit to me and the crowd, and the opponent is hard and well organised.

“We need these moments in the pre-season to go through.  If it’s easy in each game in the pre-season, then we get the first problem in the first game in the Premier League.

“So we want to have the problems in the pre-season and be well prepared in the Premier League.”
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #8467: Jul 11, 2016 01:07:09 pm
      Good to hear that even Jürgen went "Oh!" watching the youngsters play, it shows how much they can impress and young players can make those big development jumps unexpectedly.

Boss: We don't want to have an easy pre-season

Chris Shaw
      @shawct

Jürgen Klopp welcomes problems and challenges during Liverpool's pre-season schedule – as they will ensure his players are ready for the Premier League kick-off next month.

The Reds began their run of nine preparation matches with a 1-0 win over Tranmere Rovers at Prenton Park on Friday night, Danny Ings powering in the decisive goal on 79 minutes.

Klopp’s side were made to work hard for the result, squandering several chances to take the lead after the hosts had struck the post through Connor Jennings in the first half.

But the manager insisted that kind of game is required at this stage of pre-season and provides early examples of what must be tweaked before facing Arsenal on August 14.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: “It’s always nice to see the very young lads in games like this and think ‘oh!’ because they make really big steps.

“That’s good to see.  The young boys only enjoy it, they have no pressure, and it’s nice.

“But for all of the other players, they have to show a little bit to me and the crowd, and the opponent is hard and well organised.

“We need these moments in the pre-season to go through.  If it’s easy in each game in the pre-season, then we get the first problem in the first game in the Premier League.

“So we want to have the problems in the pre-season and be well prepared in the Premier League.”

He's proper switched on is our Jürgen isn't he Debs?

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8468: Jul 11, 2016 01:17:33 pm

He's proper switched on is our Jürgen isn't he Debs?

YNWA

There's no need for a charm offensive from our Jürgen mate, he just goes about the job and gets things done.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      Reply #8469: Jul 11, 2016 04:41:10 pm
      There's no need for a charm offensive from our Jürgen mate, he just goes about the job and gets things done.

I think this is the beginning of the Klopp era proper, he's had 8 months to assess what he thinks is needed and to set in motion the plans that will bring about a success not seen since the Paisley era,

We've had plenty of managers come and go in recent times all of whom have tried to improve us, Hodgson being the exception, but this time it feels different, I dunno but there is something more meaningful with the way Jürgen conducts his business, it's more of a professional feel about it and well it just seems so right,

We all know what Sir Bob gave us in his time as manager, I'm thinking that Jürgen can have a similar vein of success but we just don't know it yet, and this is just the start of the journey,  I mean two finals within 7 months is not a bad start is it, especially when he was still to put his own players in,

The future I feel is very very bright with our Jürgen at the helm?

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8470: Jul 11, 2016 05:54:13 pm
      I think this is the beginning of the Klopp era proper, he's had 8 months to assess what he thinks is needed and to set in motion the plans that will bring about a success not seen since the Paisley era,

We've had plenty of managers come and go in recent times all of whom have tried to improve us, Hodgson being the exception, but this time it feels different, I dunno but there is something more meaningful with the way Jürgen conducts his business, it's more of a professional feel about it and well it just seems so right,

We all know what Sir Bob gave us in his time as manager, I'm thinking that Jürgen can have a similar vein of success but we just don't know it yet, and this is just the start of the journey,  I mean two finals within 7 months is not a bad start is it, especially when he was still to put his own players in,

The future I feel is very very bright with our Jürgen at the helm?

YNWA

It's a strange one mate, I've had a very comfortable and confident feeling that our Club is now in safe hands since he arrived, for the first time in decades.  I get the Paisley connection and I've read others say it's similar to 1959 when Shanks arrived but I think we're somewhere in between.

What I mean is we're not quite in the same doldrums as 1959, let's face it we've not been anywhere near relegation for over half a century but we're not quite at the total domination phase we were when Bob took over either, there's still a bit of work to do yet.

I agree with the professional bit too, Jürgen seems to see and know what the problems are but rather than moan about them he just gets on and sorts them out.  He may not be going about things like some thought he would but he's doing what's worked for him before with a few adjustments along the way.  It's like with the fitness thing, there was no way he was going into the new season with the lads not fully prepped for what's in store for them, they may not like it but it's his way or the highway  :D

We're definitely at the start of a very enjoyable journey, it'll still be a bit bumpy along the way but the destination will be worth it in the end.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8471: Jul 11, 2016 06:42:49 pm
      It's a strange one mate, I've had a very comfortable and confident feeling that our Club is now in safe hands since he arrived, for the first time in decades.  I get the Paisley connection and I've read others say it's similar to 1959 when Shanks arrived but I think we're somewhere in between.

What I mean is we're not quite in the same doldrums as 1959, let's face it we've not been anywhere near relegation for over half a century but we're not quite at the total domination phase we were when Bob took over either, there's still a bit of work to do yet.

I agree with the professional bit too, Jürgen seems to see and know what the problems are but rather than moan about them he just gets on and sorts them out.  He may not be going about things like some thought he would but he's doing what's worked for him before with a few adjustments along the way.  It's like with the fitness thing, there was no way he was going into the new season with the lads not fully prepped for what's in store for them, they may not like it but it's his way or the highway  :D

We're definitely at the start of a very enjoyable journey, it'll still be a bit bumpy along the way but the destination will be worth it in the end.

I imagine they'll hate the triple sessions at first but they'll start to love it when they see the results of it all, that's always the case isn't it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8472: Jul 11, 2016 06:46:59 pm
      I imagine they'll hate the triple sessions at first but they'll start to love it when they see the results of it all, that's always the case isn't it.

Definitely mate. 

Hopefully the Arse will wonder what's hit them  :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      Reply #8473: Jul 11, 2016 08:29:30 pm

I think your spot on Debs in regards to our current status, pitchside we're just about keeping up with the Jones's, the Jones's being the top 6-8, season 13/14 apart we seemed to have found the level for the kind ambition shown thus far from FSG,

To be fair to them I think they have realised that we need more than just chucking money hand over fist at a problem and hoping it gets better, when they appointed Brendan they did so I believe with an air of naivety, their thinking being the ability to control the purse strings and to a certain degree the manager too, but realised that was never going work long term, in appointing the next manager they obviously did due diligence and discovered that Herr Klopp was the perfect fit,
      like you said he may not be doing things that many would expect, but his methods are tried and tested and has brought about success so kudos indeed,

There will be bumps along the way as was with any managers journey, and again Klopp will make mistakes too, but you know he'll learn from those mistakes and be better for it, we have remember also that Jürgen himself is still learning, but learning very fast.

YNWA
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #8474: Jul 11, 2016 09:36:21 pm
      Klopp on bringing league title back to Liverppol. ;D

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/752601527928381440
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8475: Jul 11, 2016 09:57:14 pm
      I think your spot on Debs in regards to our current status, pitchside we're just about keeping up with the Jones's, the Jones's being the top 6-8, season 13/14 apart we seemed to have found the level for the kind ambition shown thus far from FSG,

To be fair to them I think they have realised that we need more than just chucking money hand over fist at a problem and hoping it gets better, when they appointed Brendan they did so I believe with an air of naivety, their thinking being the ability to control the purse strings and to a certain degree the manager too, but realised that was never going work long term, in appointing the next manager they obviously did due diligence and discovered that Herr Klopp was the perfect fit,
      like you said he may not be doing things that many would expect, but his methods are tried and tested and has brought about success so kudos indeed,

There will be bumps along the way as was with any managers journey, and again Klopp will make mistakes too, but you know he'll learn from those mistakes and be better for it, we have remember also that Jürgen himself is still learning, but learning very fast.

YNWA

I agree they've realised that it takes more than just chucking money at the problem mate, it takes proper planning and vision at the playing end to get to where we need to be.  If the rumours are true that they've wanted Jürgen for a while then at least they have some idea about what was needed, it just took them longer than expected to get there.

Brendan was fine as a young coach with fresh ideas who could develop young players but he wasn't experienced enough to have the know how or vision to put the whole thing together and I think the worst thing that happened for him was the 13/14 season.  It elevated him to a position he wasn't ready for and hadn't a clue how to keep the momentum going.

As for Jürgen well he sure had a steep learning curve last season mate.  He probably expected a lot of games, more so than in the Bundesliga and he would already know that we didn't have a winter break but I doubt he expected them to come as thick and fast as they did.  I know none of us expected to get to 2 finals which added even more games, nor did he envisage such a massive injury list nor for as long as they lasted.

He'll have learned a hell of a lot from last season but not just about the players and although he barely had time to think, let alone prepare us, he'll be ready for this season and beyond.  He does have the experience and the vision to take that next step, he's experienced it before and knows what needs to be done. 

I'm looking forward to next season, I think we'll surprise a lot of people including our own fans.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,963 posts | 5019 
      Reply #8476: Jul 12, 2016 12:35:22 am
      I agree they've realised that it takes more than just chucking money at the problem mate, it takes proper planning and vision at the playing end to get to where we need to be.  If the rumours are true that they've wanted Jürgen for a while then at least they have some idea about what was needed, it just took them longer than expected to get there.

Brendan was fine as a young coach with fresh ideas who could develop young players but he wasn't experienced enough to have the know how or vision to put the whole thing together and I think the worst thing that happened for him was the 13/14 season.  It elevated him to a position he wasn't ready for and hadn't a clue how to keep the momentum going.

As for Jürgen well he sure had a steep learning curve last season mate.  He probably expected a lot of games, more so than in the Bundesliga and he would already know that we didn't have a winter break but I doubt he expected them to come as thick and fast as they did.  I know none of us expected to get to 2 finals which added even more games, nor did he envisage such a massive injury list nor for as long as they lasted.

He'll have learned a hell of a lot from last season but not just about the players and although he barely had time to think, let alone prepare us, he'll be ready for this season and beyond.  He does have the experience and the vision to take that next step, he's experienced it before and knows what needs to be done. 

I'm looking forward to next season, I think we'll surprise a lot of people including our own fans.

Your intelligence has no bounds oh wise one, you are indeed the Oracle of lfc Reds,

YNWA
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8477: Jul 12, 2016 01:01:58 am

Your intelligence has no bounds oh wise one, you are indeed the Oracle of lfc Reds,

YNWA

Not really mate, it's only an opinion and a need to believe that we aren't beyond getting back to challenging and actually winning stuff again.

I can't and won't accept that we're nothing more than a midtable team that's only capable of the occasional cup win every decade or so.  That's just too heartbreaking to contemplate.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #8478: Jul 12, 2016 02:03:05 pm
      Liverpool FC boss Klopp adds another new member to backroom team

12:38, 12 Jul 2016
          Updated 12:55, 12 Jul 2016
          By Andy Kelly

Club has new head physio after departure of Chris Morgan

Jürgen Klopp has added another new member to his backroom team with the appointment of Andy Renshaw as head physio at Liverpool.

Renshaw has previously been head physio at the Academy and for the Liverpool U21 team managed by Michael Beale.

He was the man on the sidelines for Liverpool on Friday night as they took on Tranmere Rovers in their first pre-season game.

As a result of his promotion the Academy has today advertised for a new head physio to move into the position Renshaw is vacating at Kirkby.

Renshaw has been at Liverpool for seven years having previously spent two years as first team physio at Bolton Wanderers and seven years as their reserve/Academy sports scientist and physio.

His qualifications were gained first in sports science at the University of Sheffield and later in physiotherapy with a first class degeree from the University of Manchester

He has since also completed a Masters in musculoskeletal physiotherapy.

Renshaw’s appointment continues Jürgen Klopp’s shake-up of his Liverpool backroom staff after the departure of the highly-respected head physio Chris Morgan in June after 11 years at Melwood.

Both Steven Gerrard and Jordan Henderson paid tribute to Morgan when his departure was announced last month.

“My opinion is he is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there will ever be,” Gerrard said.

“Thanks to Chris Morgan for keeping my body together for 10 years.”

Fitness and conditioning coach Ryland Morgans was also allowed to leave a few weeks before the end of last season, the Welshman going on to work with Chris Coleman’s national team at Euro 2016, before joining Championship side Cardiff.

As well as his lieutenants Zeljko Buvac and Peter Krawietz as assistant coaches he has also brought in Andreas Kornmayer from Bayern Munich as head of fitness and conditioning and Mona Nemmer as nutrionist, also from Bayern.

Klopp has made no secret of the fact he believed his Liverpool team were not fit enough when he arrived last October.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,372 posts | 8621 
      Reply #8479: Jul 12, 2016 03:05:26 pm
      Is it true Klopp was asked after the Tranmere match if he knew anything about Fleetwood and he replied by saying "Yeah, they're a good band" :laugh:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8480: Jul 12, 2016 04:30:40 pm
      Is it true Klopp was asked after the Tranmere match if he knew anything about Fleetwood and he replied by saying "Yeah, they're a good band" :laugh:

I hope it is :D

Edit: Just watched the interview on YouTube and this is what was said...

CR: Well you've got another game in just a few days, so what step up are you looking for from tonight to the game against Fleetwood?
      JK: I know nothing about Fleetwood, I thought it's a rock band to be honest.
      CR: Fleetwood Mac (laughs)
      JK: Yeaaahhh, sorry (laughs)

:lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #8481: Jul 12, 2016 07:19:19 pm
      I hope it is :D

Edit: Just watched the interview on YouTube and this is what was said...

CR: Well you've got another game in just a few days, so what step up are you looking for from tonight to the game against Fleetwood?
      JK: I know nothing about Fleetwood, I thought it's a rock band to be honest.
      CR: Fleetwood Mac (laughs)
      JK: Yeaaahhh, sorry (laughs)

:lmao:

I just can't stop thinking about tomorrow *rim shot*
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8482: Jul 12, 2016 09:02:47 pm
      Klopps clear out is officially underway now then. Skrtel left, Ibe imminent, Canos imminent plus more to follow.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #8483: Jul 15, 2016 11:33:49 am
      There's no question we need a bit of a clearout, some of the committee and Rodgers buys aren't in Jurgens plans at all. I do think however while we've got the out door revolving we could get the inward one doing the rounds too. If the stories about us wanting Chilwell and Zeilinski as our final two signings of the window are true, I wouldn't be confident we'd do a whole lot better than last season in the league.

If we do end up this time next year talking about how we've finished  6th, but done as well as can be expected "under the circumstances" and pointing out that Jürgen has "spent significantly less" than our rivals while speculating about "how big our war-chest is for the coming season given that we spent bugger all this Summer", it will be a wasted year in my view.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #8484: Jul 15, 2016 02:30:17 pm
      There's no question we need a bit of a clearout, some of the committee and Rodgers buys aren't in Jurgens plans at all. I do think however while we've got the out door revolving we could get the inward one doing the rounds too. If the stories about us wanting Chilwell and Zeilinski as our final two signings of the window are true, I wouldn't be confident we'd do a whole lot better than last season in the league.

If we do end up this time next year talking about how we've finished  6th, but done as well as can be expected "under the circumstances" and pointing out that Jürgen has "spent significantly less" than our rivals while speculating about "how big our war-chest is for the coming season given that we spent bugger all this Summer", it will be a wasted year in my view.

Aye, if Benteke goes for 25-30 million as has been mooted (I'm amazed they turned down 25 tbh) I think the clubs transfer business this summer will be around the break even mark.

What a dream that would be for FSG, particularly given the outlay on the new main stand. Someone posted how shrewd they were in the FSG thread and meant it as a compliment. They certainly are shrewd. It looks like we are wholly relying on Jurgens ability to buy modest and polish rocks into diamonds and to do it pretty quickly at that.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,212 posts | 4409 
      Reply #8485: Jul 15, 2016 10:35:29 pm
      https://twitter.com/_chrisbascombe/status/754066204873064448

Well Jürgen you may have won a few things in Germany but according to the experts on here you don't know what you are doing without spending Mourinho style!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #8486: Jul 15, 2016 10:41:54 pm
      Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  53s53 seconds ago
      Klopp felt Liverpool were being used by Gotze as a back-up option so withdrew his offer. #lfc (Chris Bascombe)

True to his word, what a surprise.

Anfield HQ ‏@AnfieldHQ  43s43 seconds ago
      Klopp has recruited 4 players so far, and at least 3 more are expected to come in soon. #lfc (Chris Bascombe)

Guessing the 3 will be Zielinski, Chilwell and a CB?

Quick Reply