Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518498 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13409: Aug 24, 2017 11:38:50 am
      Just wondering what did Sakho do thst hasnt come to light that has made the boss refuse to forgive him yet its so easy to forgive a player who wants to feign injury and illness to avoid playing to force a move?

Not like we couldnt do with looking at how Sakho would play alongside Matip is it?

More in this than we know about perhaps
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13410: Aug 24, 2017 03:56:06 pm
      Just wondering what did Sakho do thst hasnt come to light that has made the boss refuse to forgive him yet its so easy to forgive a player who wants to feign injury and illness to avoid playing to force a move?

Not like we couldnt do with looking at how Sakho would play alongside Matip is it?

Erm took dodgy substances which led to him being banned and missing the Europa league final which we then lost, then on preseason tour acts like a complete c**t, then refuses to go out on loan, then in several very late night tweets bad mouths the manager.

Yeah its a bit of a mystery really,also a bit of a mystery why no other club wants to touch him with a bargepole don't you think?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #13411: Aug 24, 2017 04:02:40 pm

Dunno, but by Fat Sam's accounts of his time at Palace, he was a model professional and was the reason they stayed up.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #13412: Aug 24, 2017 04:05:03 pm
      Erm took dodgy substances which led to him being banned and missing the Europa league final which we then lost, then on preseason tour acts like a complete c**t, then refuses to go out on loan, then in several very late night tweets bad mouths the manager.

Yeah its a bit of a mystery really,also a bit of a mystery why no other club wants to touch him with a bargepole don't you think?

Uefa dismissed those charges.

As for the rest tell me the diffdrence with Coutinho? Only difference i see is open arms for 1 and cold shoulder for the other
      « Last Edit: Aug 24, 2017 04:11:03 pm by Brian78 »
      Kopite78
      Reply #13413: Aug 24, 2017 04:25:23 pm
      Uefa dismissed those charges.

As for the rest tell me the diffdrence with Coutinho? Only difference i see is open arms for 1 and cold shoulder for the other

Maybe there's more to it than we know anyway..

I for one though don't really like how the substances he took is brushed under the carpet so easily by some. Maybe they were dropped ultimately because it became a grey area but the facts still stand that he took something that he didn't tell the club about.. something had he told them they would have told him dont dare take that..
      You are meant ask the club doctor about everything, even if you have a cold or you can't sleep or whatever.. If you consider taking something you get the club doctors advice.
      It's tantamount to gross misconduct, they could sack him but why do that with an asset? So they look to sell him

It no doubt pissed the club off massively and Klopp.. Even thrown out by UEFA Klopp still lost him for that run in, for the Europa final when he was a key part at that point.
      Maybe Klopp doesn't trust him anymore because of that.. then when he is back he fucks around in training, he misses a plane, he misses a group bonding meal.. He fucks around on camera, then is up posting videos on social media in the early hours.
      Is that a way to get that trust back? To show you have learnt a lesson and that you can be trusted ? Not to me and probably not to a manager who relies on that spirit.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13414: Aug 24, 2017 05:30:23 pm
      Maybe Klopp doesn't trust him anymore because of that.. then when he is back he fucks around in training, he misses a plane, he misses a group bonding meal.. He fucks around on camera, then is up posting videos on social media in the early hours.
      Is that a way to get that trust back? To show you have learnt a lesson and that you can be trusted ? Not to me and probably not to a manager who relies on that spirit.

Considering how the PSG coaching staff saw him as a cancer, Brendan had issues with him and now Jürgen...I think its fair to see his issues go a lot deeper than what we see from the outside.

I understand why people want him in the squad however the manager knows best on this and it's probably best to trust his judgement seeing how we probably on have 1/2 the facts of what is really going on.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13415: Aug 24, 2017 06:05:05 pm
      Maybe there's more to it than we know anyway..

I for one though don't really like how the substances he took is brushed under the carpet so easily by some. Maybe they were dropped ultimately because it became a grey area but the facts still stand that he took something that he didn't tell the club about.. something had he told them they would have told him dont dare take that..
      You are meant ask the club doctor about everything, even if you have a cold or you can't sleep or whatever.. If you consider taking something you get the club doctors advice.
      It's tantamount to gross misconduct, they could sack him but why do that with an asset? So they look to sell him

It no doubt pissed the club off massively and Klopp.. Even thrown out by UEFA Klopp still lost him for that run in, for the Europa final when he was a key part at that point.

Don't forget traveling to Anfield even though he wasn't in the squad, then making a show of a celebration with Benteke. Have you seen any other player not selected for the team or bench do that, let alone one under contract to the opposition.

I would also add that when Sakho was playing fo rus, it's not as if we didn't have some of the same defensive issues, with set pieces and what not, that we do now. In his case add the maddening tendency to dither on the ball in the back. He's a good defender mind, but he's not some kind of foolproof answer. We need help in the back but the argument against it being Sakho is strong.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #13416: Aug 24, 2017 09:38:07 pm
      Last time the manager was in the CL......

https://youtu.be/kuxVqFgISc8
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #13417: Aug 25, 2017 06:56:03 pm

Let's not get too crazy still hasn't won ol big ears yet and his best chance so far he got done by Bayern!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #13418: Aug 26, 2017 01:18:06 am
      Poor fella. Seemed a bit upset that he was the last to know about Gini getting a new addition to his family.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #13419: Aug 27, 2017 06:39:52 pm
      Savage record against the so called top 6
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #13420: Aug 27, 2017 06:55:49 pm
      Savage record against the so called top 6

Trying to remember where the 1 defeat came from
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #13421: Aug 27, 2017 07:10:39 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #13422: Aug 27, 2017 08:02:31 pm
      Trying to remember where the 1 defeat came from

Ha ha i was too ashamed to say that
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13423: Aug 27, 2017 08:06:58 pm
      Ha ha i was too ashamed to say that

That's because it's a long, long time ago.

Sunday 17th January 2016 (over 18 months) scum beat us in a very lucky 1-0, we were by far the better side that day as I remember too. There's a loss to the Chavs in preseason too if anyone wants to count that, but I don't. Incredible record really and if we can produce it again this year then I think we'll go very close indeed.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13424: Aug 30, 2017 02:36:46 pm
      This could have gone in the Hoffenheim Post Match thread.

This could have gone in the Arsenal post match thread.

It is exactly what I was saying in the latter and that is whilst making excuses for those teams failings our own brilliance is being overlooked.

I have put it in this thread because it is down to this man and his team that we are getting the results and that this article can be written.

For the German press it was all about Hoffenheim’s tactical naivety. For seasoned watchers of Arsenal, it was all about the lack of commitment with manager Arsène Wenger suggesting his side ‘made it easy’ for the opponent.

For Liverpool, it is becoming a welcome trend that each time they dismantle a visitor, there is an immediate fixation on the failings of the vanquished rather than skill of the victor.

Jürgen Klopp will say he is not irritated amid the usual claims he does not pay attention to the analysis (don’t believe a word of it, personally), but privately he will and probably should be a little miffed that for the second time in four days – first in Germany, now in England – his side’s brilliance has been overshadowed.

Arsenal were so terrible at Anfield it was impossible for that not to be the story of the afternoon.
      But we should not ignore how Liverpool whippets sapped the energy and exposed Wenger’s side to prompt such a capitulation. Nor should we forget how the tactical traps Klopp set in both games empowered his side, even if there is disbelief Hoffenheim and Arsenal failed to identify them.

There is an increasing sense with Liverpool that their flaws are the subject of more attention than their strengths.

“Sure, they’re great going forward but what about that defence? And did you see how long their goalkeeper takes to kick the ball?”

Each time a side tries to attack Liverpool and suffers, there is always someone around to issue a reminder how different it will be when a manager plays eleven behind the ball and denies Sadio Mané and Mohamed Salah space.

The last few days of this transfer window will be dominated by social media angst if the club fails to sign a centre-back or additional midfielder in the event of injuries and suspension.

These are all pertinent points.
      Certainly Liverpool must learn from the mistakes, not just of all last year, but previous times when they appeared to be on the brink of transforming a very good team into a trophy winning and title challenging one, only to take retrograde steps (usually involving the sale of their best player).

They started last season in the same style as this, only for the combined impact of injury and Mané’s departure for the Africa Cup of Nations to ensure a top four finish was the last target – a notable achievement but less celebrated because the campaign had promised more.

It would require an injury crisis impacting five or six players to compel the manager into a radical shift in style
      This year they must prove the additional demands of the Champions League and Klopp’s rotation system do not have a detrimental impact. For all that there is also far more to celebrate than concern about the emerging team at Anfield.

This is a side which has lost just once in its last 17 competitive games, and has even kept four consecutive clean sheets at home in the Premier League. That has not happened too often lately and suggests while the defence does indeed need reinforcing, it is not as ruinous as some argue.

Klopp’s regular contention the weaknesses are not so debilitating can be backed up with results, even if the naked eye and experience of seeing how vulnerable they look when trying to preserve narrow leads offers understanding as to why anxiety remains.

Unlike the last exciting Liverpool teams to emerge, this is a side constructed around complementary elements. There was a time when an injury to Adam Lallana or Philippe Coutinho would force Klopp to reconstruct. Now it would require an injury crisis impacting five or six players to compel the manager into a radical shift in style.

Hoffenheim and Arsenal will not be the last club to come to Anfield this season and have their imperfections exposed.

If the question ‘was it that Liverpool were so good, or were the opposition so bad?’ is repeated often, it should be a source of reassurance rather than annoyance.

When Klopp arrived at Anfield, opponents were regularly provoking Liverpool into a regular bouts of soul-searching. It bodes well that his side is now inflicting that kind of torment on others.

Thank you Daily Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/28/liverpool-fans-can-celebrate-positives-picking-opponents-apart/

As your front page said yesterday.

Words are powerful .  Choose them well.
      « Last Edit: Aug 30, 2017 02:41:47 pm by MIRO »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13425: Aug 30, 2017 02:52:54 pm
      This could have gone in the Hoffenheim Post Match thread.

This could have gone in the Arsenal post match thread.

It is exactly what I was saying in the latter and that is whilst making excuses for those teams failings our own brilliance is being overlooked.

I have put it in this thread because it is down to this man and his team that we are getting the results and that this article can be written.

For the German press it was all about Hoffenheim’s tactical naivety. For seasoned watchers of Arsenal, it was all about the lack of commitment with manager Arsène Wenger suggesting his side ‘made it easy’ for the opponent.

For Liverpool, it is becoming a welcome trend that each time they dismantle a visitor, there is an immediate fixation on the failings of the vanquished rather than skill of the victor.

Jürgen Klopp will say he is not irritated amid the usual claims he does not pay attention to the analysis (don’t believe a word of it, personally), but privately he will and probably should be a little miffed that for the second time in four days – first in Germany, now in England – his side’s brilliance has been overshadowed.

Arsenal were so terrible at Anfield it was impossible for that not to be the story of the afternoon.
      But we should not ignore how Liverpool whippets sapped the energy and exposed Wenger’s side to prompt such a capitulation. Nor should we forget how the tactical traps Klopp set in both games empowered his side, even if there is disbelief Hoffenheim and Arsenal failed to identify them.

There is an increasing sense with Liverpool that their flaws are the subject of more attention than their strengths.

“Sure, they’re great going forward but what about that defence? And did you see how long their goalkeeper takes to kick the ball?”

Each time a side tries to attack Liverpool and suffers, there is always someone around to issue a reminder how different it will be when a manager plays eleven behind the ball and denies Sadio Mané and Mohamed Salah space.

The last few days of this transfer window will be dominated by social media angst if the club fails to sign a centre-back or additional midfielder in the event of injuries and suspension.

These are all pertinent points.
      Certainly Liverpool must learn from the mistakes, not just of all last year, but previous times when they appeared to be on the brink of transforming a very good team into a trophy winning and title challenging one, only to take retrograde steps (usually involving the sale of their best player).

They started last season in the same style as this, only for the combined impact of injury and Mané’s departure for the Africa Cup of Nations to ensure a top four finish was the last target – a notable achievement but less celebrated because the campaign had promised more.

It would require an injury crisis impacting five or six players to compel the manager into a radical shift in style
      This year they must prove the additional demands of the Champions League and Klopp’s rotation system do not have a detrimental impact. For all that there is also far more to celebrate than concern about the emerging team at Anfield.

This is a side which has lost just once in its last 17 competitive games, and has even kept four consecutive clean sheets at home in the Premier League. That has not happened too often lately and suggests while the defence does indeed need reinforcing, it is not as ruinous as some argue.

Klopp’s regular contention the weaknesses are not so debilitating can be backed up with results, even if the naked eye and experience of seeing how vulnerable they look when trying to preserve narrow leads offers understanding as to why anxiety remains.

Unlike the last exciting Liverpool teams to emerge, this is a side constructed around complementary elements. There was a time when an injury to Adam Lallana or Philippe Coutinho would force Klopp to reconstruct. Now it would require an injury crisis impacting five or six players to compel the manager into a radical shift in style.

Hoffenheim and Arsenal will not be the last club to come to Anfield this season and have their imperfections exposed.

If the question ‘was it that Liverpool were so good, or were the opposition so bad?’ is repeated often, it should be a source of reassurance rather than annoyance.

When Klopp arrived at Anfield, opponents were regularly provoking Liverpool into a regular bouts of soul-searching. It bodes well that his side is now inflicting that kind of torment on others.

Thank you Daily Telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/28/liverpool-fans-can-celebrate-positives-picking-opponents-apart/

As your front page said yesterday.

Words are powerful .  Choose them well.

Article is spot on Skip, we don't get nearly enough credit. It's hilarious when people suggest, yeah but "if they just put 11 behind the ball" without realising just how desperate they have become that they're forced into resorting to the most defensive possible approach.

I understand our frailties and they rightly get some stick but to reduce teams to one option when playing against us really is the sign of just how dominant we're becoming, or indeed have become. As I said last season we were nowhere near as bad against the 'bus parkers' as was suggested and Jürgen had the answers if it wasn't for injuries, now he's beefing up the squad in the attacking areas (those which were ravaged last season) then these problems will become fewer and fewer.

At the back we'll always have issues, I disagree with JD when he says we're Keegan's Newcastle because we surrender so few shots on target that our defending is actually reasonably good in open play but when it comes to set pieces then that's where I think we have struggled more than expected. This, for me, is Jürgen's biggest gripe because as he says "it's not difficult" and on the training ground we no doubt look excellent at it but under the pressure of the game for some reason the cracks begin to show. To me that's a mental issue more than it is down to ability or understanding instructions/coaching. It'll come, as the belief grows in the lads and hopefully a new CB which doesn't transmit nerves to everyone, then we'll begin to get better but most importantly we need more communication and clarity back there. Not just when we're 4-0 up but at each and every set-piece. Sort our issues there and we'll move from top 4 near certainties imo, to actual title contenders.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #13426: Aug 30, 2017 05:12:57 pm
      Almost primed and ready to sit back our perch...

The little Brazilian was key to this team but not anymore, the last two results prove that the Boss has it almost ready to take on the world without Couthino..& I don't think he has been missed from the teams display..
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13427: Aug 30, 2017 06:30:11 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #13428: Aug 30, 2017 07:02:16 pm
      Klopp needs a £2b release clause methinks

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #13429: Sep 05, 2017 03:12:10 pm
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #13430: Sep 05, 2017 03:14:38 pm
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,955 posts | 234 
      Reply #13431: Sep 05, 2017 03:29:52 pm
      Completely transform our squad? I wouldn't go that far

Yes. We still have a long way to travel.

Quick Reply