Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1527502 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13455: Sep 09, 2017 05:44:32 pm
      Where are all the guys from the Brendan Rodgers thread - in case your looking to make some fun of some more manager quotes...

His body language wasn't great today either.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #13456: Sep 09, 2017 06:44:26 pm
      he is not addressing our defence
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #13457: Sep 09, 2017 06:49:58 pm

How should he address tham ?, oi you useless cu*ts
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #13458: Sep 09, 2017 06:50:37 pm
      His body language wasn't great today either.

Mmm, expecting cartwheels ?
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13459: Sep 09, 2017 10:52:26 pm
      Next three games Burnley Leinster city and Newcastle of we lose two them games he need be sack
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13460: Sep 09, 2017 10:53:06 pm
      He long enough here sick of us leak in easy goals no fright
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #13461: Sep 09, 2017 10:55:31 pm
      Next three games Burnley Leinster city and Newcastle of we lose two them games he need be sack

Jesus fella for fucks sake - does your mum put corks on all the cutlery to stop you hurting yourself?!
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13462: Sep 09, 2017 10:58:02 pm
      Just tell truth no point in attack football if we still going lose points and we still find hard beat sh*t teams
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #13463: Sep 09, 2017 11:00:49 pm
      Jesus fella for fucks sake - does your mum put corks on all the cutlery to stop you hurting yourself?!

4 games in, 3 points behind the league leaders & some are loosing their heads by calling for the Boss to be sacked...

Granted today's capitulation was sickening but up until Mane was shown Red, we were in control.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13464: Sep 09, 2017 11:01:27 pm
      Klavan one worse cback see in league Christ taught we least buy better cback in transfer
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #13465: Sep 10, 2017 01:24:32 am
      You don't tinker with your back 5 week in week out especially after coming of a clean sheet and solid performance in your previous game.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #13466: Sep 10, 2017 01:41:08 am
      4 games in, 3 points behind the league leaders & some are loosing their heads by calling for the Boss to be sacked...

Granted today's capitulation was sickening but up until Mane was shown Red, we were in control.

:f_doh: we were 1 down.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #13467: Sep 10, 2017 06:54:47 am
      It's fair to say the lads lost their stomach yesterday once Mane departed the field; it was like they thought he was packing his bags for AFCON again such was the way they shrunk into themselves.

But the boss didn't help matters and he lead this 'shrinking of the violets' by example, he really did. It's all well and good us accusing the players of doing an 'Arsenal' albeit with one man less, but Klopp also threw in the towel.

Salah the only player left in the attack with pace (put his lack of clinical finishing to a side for one moment), and who made his own space and had Otamendi on a yellow was removed from the game.

That would have set the mentality at HT for the lads, no doubt. As though it was an exercise in damage limitation but even if it was that too backfired.

Then we have Jürgen's body language  :D in the first half he was in his technical area living every moment of the game barking at his players. In the second half he was slumped in his seat as though he had accepted the consequences of the game and the impending defeat. I know I had, but then again I don't earn a seven digit salary and neither do I manage the team, but his demeanour as a leader wasn't encouraging. The lads played how he looked.

City did it the other week with ten men and managed to comeback yet when we did it, collectively from the manager downwards all our heads dropped. He told us to believe yet he clearly lost all belief yesterday in his players - and yes they would have still lost but they could have done it with pride if for nothing else.

« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2017 10:53:57 am by Beerbelly »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #13468: Sep 10, 2017 07:10:47 am
      Anybody able to source head to head stats between Klopp and Rodgers, including transfer spend etc?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #13469: Sep 10, 2017 09:06:14 am
      Bad day at  the office, once Mane went off we should have went compact, put two solid banks of 4 in front of them and made it difficult for City and then tried to hit them on them break, Klopp needs to learn sometimes you need to do it the ugly way, once we lost Mane we were all over the shop tactically with no Cohesion at all.

As admirable as plan b is making plan a work, it won't always work in the Premier League so he needs a plan C just in case in my opinion, Plan A against City down to 10 men and still playing a high line and trying to attack them allowed them to pick us off at will.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,919 posts | 4984 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #13470: Sep 10, 2017 09:30:57 am

We were in control, they scored against the run of play, prior to that had Salah been more clinical we would have been up by at least two,

Apart from De Bruyen' s through ball City hadn't done much, the rest as they say was bollocks, the fat controller sees red and gives a red without so much as a flick of his eyelids never mind a second thought and absolutely no common sense whatsoever, and therefore killing a game that could have been a classic.

The ref bottled it, should have been yellow, the keeper over acted lying prostrate on the ground for 5 mins his Oscar is in the post, f***in he'll even ratboy says it wasn't red.

YNWA
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,975 posts | 237 
      Reply #13471: Sep 10, 2017 09:47:30 am

Until the red card, we had 7 attempts on goals (3 on target) vs 5 attempts (5 on target) by City. After the red card, we had 0 attempts on goals vs 7 by City. It was more even rather than saying that we were in control.

But, that doesn't hide the fact that we capitulated meekly.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,488 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #13472: Sep 10, 2017 10:26:28 am
      We have needed a new goalkeeper for the past 4 seasons, a new centre back for the past 3 seasons. Glaringly so on times.

What did Rodgers see in Migs and our CBs (excluding Matip) and what does Klopp see that I don't see? Ok, fair enough Klopp tried addressing the CB situation this summer but come on. Why no backup CB? You telling me we couldn't bring in someone better than Klavan/Lovren?

I think the worst thing for us was Mane's sending off because it overshadows the fact our defence is terrible. "Oh, 5 goals shipped, but we only had 10 men." Dangerous thinking.

I'm really hoping we can address this January or July the latest because we simply cannot afford to defend the way we have been doing.

Please sort the defence out. If you can't win games, the next best thing is to not lose them (5-0)
      « Last Edit: Sep 10, 2017 11:26:57 am by Rush »
      Kopite78
      Reply #13473: Sep 10, 2017 10:28:48 am
      I stopped coming on forums for a while, I wondered why

Oh yeah this was it

Utter F***ing garbage.

👏👏
      Kopite78
      Reply #13474: Sep 10, 2017 10:29:47 am
      You don't tinker with your back 5 week in week out especially after coming of a clean sheet and solid performance in your previous game.

Manager said that Lovren and Gomez came back from international duty 'leggy' or he wouldn't have made those changes
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13475: Sep 10, 2017 10:32:25 am
      Maybe time for Jürgen to hire a defence coach to help him out?
      Kopite78
      Reply #13476: Sep 10, 2017 10:33:51 am
      Maybe time for Jürgen to hire a defence coach to help him out?

Doesn't need one neither did the previous manager

Doesn't work
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13477: Sep 10, 2017 10:44:04 am
      Doesn't need one neither did the previous manager

Doesn't work

I know mate, it was meant to be tongue in cheek.  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply