Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526800 times
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #13823: Sep 20, 2017 12:26:38 pm
      We're two seasons off competing for the league.

4th place again will be an achievement with the current squad.

exactly. with the current squad. so something has clearly gone wrong.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #13824: Sep 20, 2017 12:29:23 pm
      exactly. with the current squad. so something has clearly gone wrong.

Yes we didn't sign a top CB and have to wait a year for Keita.

This is common knowledge.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13825: Sep 20, 2017 12:32:28 pm

Yes its common knowledge to us, but not to Herr Klopp. F**k sake all we need is 2 CB's, a DM and a striker and we challenge for the league. Oh and the ability/skill to change tactics intra game would be a very nice thing as well.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #13826: Sep 20, 2017 12:35:27 pm

so we shall just give this season a bye? yes that  makes sense.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #13827: Sep 20, 2017 12:36:20 pm
      so we shall just give this season a bye? yes that  makes sense.

Like I said top 4 will be an achievement.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13828: Sep 20, 2017 12:38:33 pm
      Like I said top 4 will be an achievement.

I still reckon we'll get top 4 but i do think the gap form 3 to 4 will be quite big.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13829: Sep 20, 2017 10:05:53 pm
      Klopp had do buy 2 centre backs in Europe can't be that hard if season right off it be too late get back winning league for years first our best players what leave win things these was year we should be going for league
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #13830: Sep 20, 2017 10:17:18 pm
      Sometimes I wish Klopp would just come out and say.. These are the players we are targeting this year.. I need so and so player this year by so and so time..  So that we clearly know who fu**ed up and who didn't... But, we can throw stones only at the faces seen on the window.

Just wish it was that simple.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #13831: Sep 20, 2017 10:24:59 pm
      With 10 minutes to go last night 2-0 down we were still fannying around with it across the backline and our manager was sat with his head down, looking like he'd had enough.
      What he's got to realise from that second half performance last night is that for players like Woodburn, Ward and Ings - That cup competition was their only realistic chance of making a name for themselves in the first team. Now it's gone.
      I'd defo start Woodburn and Ward again this Saturday without a doubt over Mignolet and as a replacement for Mane.
      What doesn't he see in their capabilty?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13832: Sep 20, 2017 10:36:49 pm
      Regardless of were we finish this season, I want to see all remenants of the discredited 'transfer committee' swept away and Edwards be replaced by a proper, genuine, experienced Sporting Director, whether Klopp likes him or not. It's just failed too many times, too many Summers pass without the right players being signed. Even if this ends up a terrible season, Klopp should be given more time but the support around him needs a major overhaul once and for all.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13833: Sep 20, 2017 10:38:14 pm
      Regardless of were we finish this season, I want to see all remenants of the discredited 'transfer committee' swept away and Edwards be replaced by a proper, genuine, experienced Sporting Director, whether Klopp likes him or not. It's just failed too many times, too many Summers pass without the right players being signed. Even if this ends up a terrible season, Klopp should be given more time but the support around him needs a major overhaul once and for all.

Yep, I'd go for that too. That said, Salah was probably a TC signing and looks like a bit of a steal right now.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13834: Sep 20, 2017 10:46:35 pm
      I really happy when got klopp but we still have sh*t players Henderson few more he should got rid of start rebuilt Christ can't be that hard get rid of few them players buy better player s
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #13835: Sep 20, 2017 10:47:42 pm
      How many years these club be buying sh*t players from premier league 40 million ox he sh*t we became joke of club
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #13836: Sep 20, 2017 10:57:36 pm
      Yep, I'd go for that too. That said, Salah was probably a TC signing and looks like a bit of a steal right now.

Mick, aren't all signings TC signings with Klopp a part of the committee? Rodgers had a big problem with the TC and inevitably with Edwards. But, Klopp is very much a part of committee and is perfectly fine with the ways things work. I read somewhere that his relationship with Edwards is terrific. Sometime back Klopp gave an insight into how a player is targeted - a player's name is mentioned, analysis done, meetings conducted to make a decision on the player...All of this made by the committee. The names of the players are sometimes suggested by scouts, at times by Klopp/his coaching staff and other times by the committee. Based on what Klopp said in that interview it looks like he has the final say (I read it as his vote gets a higher weightage when compared to other votes). 

The difference is in the approach to get the player. Say, for example, Klopp approaches the player/transfer if it is a German player. But,the approach/strategy to land the player is an unanimous decision of the committee, one that everyone is in agreement.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13837: Sep 20, 2017 11:13:33 pm
      Mick, aren't all signings TC signings with Klopp a part of the committee? Rodgers had a big problem with the TC and inevitably with Edwards. But, Klopp is very much a part of committee and is perfectly fine with the ways things work. I read somewhere that his relationship with Edwards is terrific. Sometime back Klopp gave an insight into how a player is targeted - a player's name is mentioned, analysis done, meetings conducted to make a decision on the player...All of this made by the committee. The names of the players are sometimes suggested by scouts, at times by Klopp/his coaching staff and other times by the committee. Based on what Klopp said in that interview it looks like he has the final say (I read it as his vote gets a higher weightage when compared to other votes). 

The difference is in the approach to get the player. Say, for example, Klopp approaches the player/transfer if it is a German player. But,the approach/strategy to land the player is an unanimous decision of the committee, one that everyone is in agreement.

Edwards's and his formularic approach to signings is the single biggest reason we fail to land top targets each Summer. He was criminally amatuerish in his approach to the Van Dyke dealings, failing even to put a single bid in, perfering instead to breif the media about how he'd chosen us over Chelsea. These kinds of mistakes cannot continue, some times you have to pay over the odds for a player just to get the deal done. An experienced Sporting Director would not have made that mistake. If it was a mistake in isolation it wouldn't matter but it's not, it's Summer after Summer after Summer that we fail to do the right kind and right amount of business and it's why season after season we fail to achieve our ambitions.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #13838: Sep 20, 2017 11:25:21 pm
      Edwards's and his formularic approach to signings is the single biggest reason we fail to land top targets each Summer. He was criminally amatuerish in his approach to the Van Dyke dealings, failing even to put a single bid in, perfering instead to breif the media about how he'd chosen us over Chelsea. These kinds of mistakes cannot continue, some times you have to pay over the odds for a player just to get the deal done. An experienced Sporting Director would not have made that mistake. If it was a mistake in isolation it wouldn't matter but it's not, it's Summer after Summer after Summer that we fail to do the right kind and right amount of business and it's why season after season we fail to achieve our ambitions.

I am sure Edwards would have been the negotiator and strategist in chief to get VVD because Edwards is from Southampton. And, mate, why do you think we issued that apology? Just a few months ago we were found to be tapping up a 12 year old school boy, promising to pay his fees, only to later renege on that promise. And, do you remember that apology to Fulham a fee years ago?

Ineptitude of the highest order..And, to think Edwards was promoted to lead the charge a couple of years ago.

And actually a little puzzled as to how the failure in negotiations and failure to land the No. 1 target has all become Klopp's fault now.

« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2017 11:29:36 pm by redindian »
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #13839: Sep 20, 2017 11:26:22 pm
      To think that some people are still trying to find the "positives" of last night having been shamefully beaten.

We should be talking of the positives after winning and moving to the next round. A win. A victory.

Instead Klopp put out a ridiculous team of half-men and went for the loss. I'm appalled. Why did he do it? Rest our players again? It's not like they have done anything in recent games.

Klopp has failed to impress for some time. When was the last time he got it right? Perhaps the pundits were right in saying our victory over Arsenal was down to their failings. We've done nothing to convince otherwise!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #13840: Sep 20, 2017 11:31:56 pm
      To think that some people are still trying to find the "positives" of last night having been shamefully beaten.

We should be talking of the positives after winning and moving to the next round. A win. A victory.

Instead Klopp put out a ridiculous team of half-men and went for the loss. I'm appalled. Why did he do it? Rest our players again? It's not like they have done anything in recent games.

Why did he do it?............he doesn't rate it as high as you, esp when he will have posters like you slating him for not achieving Top 4 and bombing out of the CL.

Just look at the reserve team Utd put tonight out compared to ours!

That's what Klopp has to compete against.

DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #13841: Sep 20, 2017 11:41:48 pm

Just look at the reserve team Utd put tonight out compared to ours!

Really? This?...

Romero
      Darmian
      Lindelöf
      Smalling
      Blind

Herrera
      Carrick
      Lingard
      Mata
      Martial
      Rashford

Those in bold started in the Champions League match. In other matches, Rashford is a regular, and Carrick, Lingard and Herrera get plenty of game time.

They were playing at home. To Burton Albion !!

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13842: Sep 21, 2017 10:42:23 am
      Really? This?...

Romero
      Darmian
      Lindelöf
      Smalling
      Blind

Herrera
      Carrick
      Lingard
      Mata
      Martial
      Rashford

Those in bold started in the Champions League match. In other matches, Rashford is a regular, and Carrick, Lingard and Herrera get plenty of game time.

They were playing at home. To Burton Albion !!

I agree, maureen seems to focus much more on cup competitions than many other managers, I actually think he is right to do that as the league cup in particular is a fairly easy win and its good for the manager, the team, the fans, the sponsors and the club.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #13843: Sep 21, 2017 10:57:17 am
      And actually a little puzzled as to how the failure in negotiations and failure to land the No. 1 target has all become Klopp's fault now.

It can only be his fault in the eyes of anyone who was adamant Jürgen was "In total control of transfers". [Unless those good people have changed their mind and now admit they were wrong, of course 😊].

For the rest of us, those who saw that nothing too much had changed with the TC; Jürgen will not take all the blame. 😎
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #13844: Sep 21, 2017 11:09:04 am
      It can only be his fault in the eyes of anyone who was adamant Jürgen was "In total control of transfers". [Unless those good people have changed their mind and now admit they were wrong, of course 😊].

For the rest of us, those who saw that nothing too much had changed with the TC; Jürgen will not take all the blame. 😎

Spot on mate. As I've said many times, just because we are surrounded by flip floppery it doesn't mean we have to go there ourselves. I never myself bought into that "total control" nonsense, so therefore it would be silly to now blame all failings on Jürgen.

Yes he gets the credit/blame for all signings which eventually walk through the door, but we can hardly blame him for those that don't, particularly when he's not the one doing the negotiating.

Fortunately for Jürgen the TC signings which he "signed off" (and although I have no evidence I'm assuming Salah and Robertson to be those) are working out pretty well. Jürgen also deserves credit for rejecting the other TC suggestions, the James Ward Prowse's of this world (again no evidence, just going on past records).

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #13845: Sep 21, 2017 12:15:28 pm

Let's be honest here, deserved or not, Klopp's brought a lot of this on himself with his idiotic comments about how it was impossible to find anyone other than Van Dyke who was better than our current Center Backs. Stating very clearly that he thought we had very talented defenders when all the evidence, not to mention our own eyes, points to the contrary. Had he kept his mouth shut he wouldn't be getting this backlash he's getting now.

Quick Reply