Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1544588 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14145: Oct 01, 2017 10:17:06 pm

The wonderful world of modern football rotation etc, plus clyne and lallana injuried
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,360 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14146: Oct 01, 2017 10:24:50 pm
      The wonderful world of modern football rotation etc, plus clyne and lallana injuried

Hes the one rotating. He doesnt have to. And if he feels he has to why play Roberstson once see him give a man of the match display and then fook him off? Why have no time for an experienced man who played way out of position last season and gave his all? Why sign a player for 40 million whose contract was up a year later make it look like he was so important then play him once and give him 8 mins max after that? Bizzare behavings
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14147: Oct 01, 2017 10:36:07 pm
      Has VVD played for them yet?  If he doesn't get a run of games, I wonder how much he'll be able to contribute in January (if we were somehow able to get him....Southampton still hold all the cards).

Saw someone say he's played and been awful, I haven't personally seen him play.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14148: Oct 01, 2017 10:39:52 pm
      Saw someone say he's played and been awful, I haven't personally seen him play.

He played yesterday, gave away a penalty. To be honest, the games he has played this season, first team and the U23's, he looks like he really doesn't want to be there but just playing to get match fitness.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14149: Oct 01, 2017 10:42:01 pm
      He played yesterday, gave away a penalty. To be honest, the games he has played this season, first team and the U23's, he looks like he really doesn't want to be there but just playing to get match fitness.

Fair enough mate, cheers.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14150: Oct 01, 2017 11:28:50 pm
      Sad fact Jordon side ways still captain of our club says all really he and can and few more should be sold but klopp still play them
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14151: Oct 01, 2017 11:31:43 pm
      We lose against utd and spurs season write off only play for Europa league spot has take fa cup serious only hope we have save sh*t season
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #14152: Oct 02, 2017 01:05:51 am
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/914556038547935232

Oh no poor millionaires got their feelings hurt over an article.. jesus :mad:
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2017 01:10:52 am by fckmediocrity »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #14153: Oct 02, 2017 01:11:03 am
      We lose against utd and spurs season write off only play for Europa league spot has take fa cup serious only hope we have save sh*t season

Going to take a wild guess on this...

In life you're a glass half-empty kind of guy?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #14154: Oct 02, 2017 01:14:21 am
      Congratulations to Jürgen. Todays point moves our half season average up to 2.05ppg. 😅
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #14155: Oct 02, 2017 01:18:42 am
      Going to take a wild guess on this...

In life you're a glass half-empty kind of guy?

Think that's putting it lightly.

Don't think the guy ever had anything in his glass to begin with.

Has anyone actually ever seen him say anything even remotely positive?
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14156: Oct 02, 2017 01:43:12 am
      Just be honest if you think club move forward l be first say things good but not we going backwards same players should be sold long ago and we still draw and lose games sh*t teams l can't see how things going get better
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #14157: Oct 02, 2017 02:16:09 am
      It's kind of weird. It feels we play not well, but if you look at the facts, you can't really b*tch about Jürgen.

Against Newcastle we had 4 high probability chances, one goal out of them, so 1/4, that's good offense if you look at it from a realistic angle. Newcastle had 1/2, that's average defense, you will always have your opponent having some chances. Besides Newcastle's goal was offside, no penalty for Lovren, offside goal of Watford...with a bit mire luck we could have 4 points more which would make us title contenders.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14158: Oct 02, 2017 02:25:32 am
      But when look at city utd even spurs beat these kind sides 2 or 3 goals poor teams we just find hard score anginst these teams
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,333 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #14159: Oct 02, 2017 03:54:43 am
      We've failed to win 7 of our 12 official matches this season. Worrying. We've won 1 in the last 7.
      Another reason to constantly remind people that pre-season matches are meaningless friendlies.
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2017 04:42:17 am by Diego LFC »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #14160: Oct 02, 2017 06:30:37 am
      Probably Klopps last season. He can thank his stubbornness to sign defenders and competent goalkeepers.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 1514 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #14161: Oct 02, 2017 08:51:27 am
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/914556038547935232

Oh no poor millionaires got their feelings hurt over an article.. jesus :mad:
      Love Klopp but is he fecking serious in saying that!? Bunch of soft over paid tw*ts... :mad:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #14162: Oct 02, 2017 08:55:15 am
      Love Klopp but is he fecking serious in saying that!? Bunch of soft over paid tw*ts... :mad:

If the players were paid on results most of them would be bankrupt.The results this season are not acceptable for a Liverpool team.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #14163: Oct 02, 2017 08:56:50 am
      no matter who is the manager - we seem to face the same issues time and time again.

something is rotten at the club.

Klopp clearly has no one who tells him that our defence is shocking individually and as a unit
      klopp has no one telling him that we need a goal scorer who will score 20 a season
      klopp has no one telling him that our central midfield options are all the same type of player
      oh - and we have no leaders.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #14164: Oct 02, 2017 09:18:24 am

I saw the post match presser and the context has changed somewhat.

That wasn't a standalone quote and he didn't place that much emphasis on it, like twatter have here. Yes, it is soft but that's how twatter can take things out of context and make it look even worse.

I feel for the big man. He needs our support now. I honestly think he (and his paymasters), have set-us back over the last two transfer windows. He's basically got to lie in that bed now, irrespective of his mistakes and there have been a few. The pressure is on him now, to me he's on the back foot, and I don't like seeing managers of MY team either down or on the back foot. It's all well and good supporting a manager through the good/easy times, but for me it's times like this where support for our manager is paramount, this is when we stand side-by-side with him as we walk through the storm.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,991 posts | 241 
      Reply #14165: Oct 02, 2017 09:31:24 am

That wasn't a standalone quote and he didn't place that much emphasis on it, like twatter have here. Yes, it is soft but that's how twatter can take things out of context and make it look even worse.

I feel for the big man. He needs our support now. I honestly think he (and his paymasters), have set-us back over the last two transfer windows. He's basically got to lie in that bed now, irrespective of his mistakes and there have been a few. The pressure is on him now, to me he's on the back foot, and I don't like seeing managers of MY team either down or on the back foot. It's all well and good supporting a manager through the good/easy times, but for me it's times like this where support for our manager is paramount, this is when we stand side-by-side with him as we walk through the storm.

This, BB!
      Let us not forget that it is this romanticism and this support that we give our players and managers that made Klopp want to become our manager. Rivals fans and clubs are already having a field day. It is important that we are not divided so that we can lead the man through this mini-storm.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #14166: Oct 02, 2017 09:35:45 am

Good post mate, and as I said in the "we aren't going to win the league" thread of a few weeks back, there are worrying signs.

I'm not so worried about the team and the performances. I kind of knew if I'm honest that we had been worked out by the bus parkers. I kind of knew that if teams didn't try to build from the back that our gegenpresse (you don't hear of that anymore do you?) was a bit null and void. I think I more than suspected that our defence and goalie were below top class, the midfielders samey, the leadership lacking. Many people intimated it hadn't been a good window, that a striker who scored goals wouldn't be a bad idea etc so I'm not amazed nor worried by how we're doing.

No, what worries me are the telltale signs that the people who urged me and others to keep the faith are losing it themselves. Don't do it, we have the right manager but in too many cases the wrong players. Those wrong players will never win f*** all under ANY manager. Stick with Jürgen, he's the only chance we've got. If he can't win things while spending a fraction of the teams above him (AND REALITY CHECK HERE, HE MIGHT NOT), then nobody can.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,986 posts | 3061 
      Reply #14167: Oct 02, 2017 10:09:15 am
      Good posts from Belly and Mick.

Was thinking about this whilst painting the little un’s room On Saturday. It’s funny isn’t it how quickly things turn.

I was listening to some of the Echo’s “Blood Red” podcasts from start of season in gym the other night.

They went from Watford and “same old Liverpool flaws” to Hoffenheim and “we should fear nobody” to the draw and “we have a chance to really do something” to City blah blah blah.......

I still don’t think we’re as bad as we’ve looked since the last international break......but doubt is a parasite and the team and (dare I say it the boss) are afflicted right now.

This time the break might just be the best thing that could happen.

Quick Reply