Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528216 times
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14191: Oct 03, 2017 01:34:22 pm
      Klopp be in third year next he have other rebuilt job on look like we need about 6 or 7 better players then what we have can't see him win league here when his time up he should do rebuilt job when he come in got rid of sh*t
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14192: Oct 03, 2017 01:35:57 pm
      He get big money for Philip countho and can be gone l think be few more gone next summer
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #14193: Oct 03, 2017 03:38:11 pm
      City spent 200 million on a defence.
      racer, it not so much about the money as how you spend it... There are some good players out there that will vastly improve our defense... The young Burnley lad James Tarkowski looked impressive against us, sure he will not cost as much as VVD, but the two would be nice to have  ;D

Unless LFC actually address that area of the first team it doesn't matter what manager is at the club.
      Mentally weak players will remain mentally weak players.
      There are too many of them in the first team.
      Amen to that
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #14194: Oct 03, 2017 03:39:53 pm
      If it isn't broken, don't fix it !

When are you gonna realise Jürgen, it is f**king broken !
      Broke...?? It's mash up
      Tadders

• 6,767 posts | 570 
      Reply #14195: Oct 04, 2017 05:00:28 pm
      how much would Masch be worth to this team now?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #14196: Oct 04, 2017 06:13:21 pm
      how much would Masch be worth to this team now?

The current one?

Not much as he wouldn't be able to cope.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14197: Oct 04, 2017 06:38:20 pm
      The current one?

Not much as he wouldn't be able to cope.

Therein lies the problem with a lot of these 'solutions' people keep throwing out. Certain players, or certain types of player, would require the entire system changing and that is not something I see Klopp doing any time soon.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #14198: Oct 04, 2017 08:07:00 pm
      The young Burnley lad James Tarkowski looked impressive against us, sure he will not cost as much as VVD, but the two would be nice to have

Don't you think playing for a Burnley side that has two banks of 4 parked in their own half and playing for the current Liverpool side that defends on the halfway line two different things? Sure, there could be a few defenders out there, but, I am not sure if Tarkowski is one of them.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #14199: Oct 04, 2017 08:28:38 pm
      I was hoping to replace Henderson. Had my CV typed up and everything, put drunk Sunday kick abouts on there...

Maybe the least funny thing on the internet. Well done.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #14200: Oct 04, 2017 08:57:49 pm
      For me, Klopp is ruining is time here himself.
      I wonder what does he do in training! Nothing seems to improve, nothing changes. The players run and are free to create but we lack balance, structure and proper defending techniques... so frustrating.

I know it won't happen but we need a defensive coach like Clarke. He did wonders here.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #14201: Oct 05, 2017 03:02:55 pm
      Getting increasingly frustrated at how repetitive and predictable we have become as a team.

I think we are in desperate need of a shake up, I think we should look to re-shuffle the formation a bit, maybe something like the below.

Mignolet

Clyne                         Matip                       Gomez

Can                                                                          Moreno     

Henderson

Salah                                                                    Mane

Coutinho     

Firmino         

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #14202: Oct 05, 2017 03:56:09 pm
      Getting increasingly frustrated at how repetitive and predictable we have become as a team.

I think we are in desperate need of a shake up, I think we should look to re-shuffle the formation a bit, maybe something like the below.

Mignolet

Clyne                         Matip                       Gomez

Can                                                                          Moreno     

Henderson

Salah                                                                    Mane

Coutinho     

Firmino         

So the dreaded monkey in the middle formation with Henderson being the monkey?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 820 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #14203: Oct 05, 2017 04:11:06 pm
      So the dreaded monkey in the middle formation with Henderson being the monkey?

Just put it together randomly, the main point is what we are trying to do now is just not working.

Looking back at it i would have Can in the middle and Ox out right.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14204: Oct 06, 2017 11:07:03 am
      Therein lies the problem with a lot of these 'solutions' people keep throwing out. Certain players, or certain types of player, would require the entire system changing and that is not something I see Klopp doing any time soon.

and therein lies the real problem, Klopp's inflexibility, stubbornness, tactical naivety and lack of vision.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #14205: Oct 06, 2017 01:25:14 pm

Are you refering to a proper DM/DLPM? I don't see how that would require the entire system to change.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #14206: Oct 06, 2017 01:40:53 pm
      Absolutely nothing wrong with the system, fact is some of our Main players are simply not at the level to implement it properly, add to this the defense and the midfield are not nor will ever be good enough to take us up to the levels required to compete consistently at the top table,

This will take time and obviously a shed load of dollars, Klopp will get it right but for now he is making do with what he has, we can argue til we're red in the face about how he should have bought this player or that and perhaps there exists some very valid points, however like the man himself has said they have to be the right players with the right fit,

January may well prove very fruitful and bring in one or two quality individuals that will bolster our campaign going into the new year, maybe even see Naby come in for 5 months acclimitisation ready for next season,

This month will tell us a lot about where we're at , get through this relatively unscathed we could get our mojo back over Xmas and into January.

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14207: Oct 06, 2017 06:00:07 pm
      I wish people would stop having a pop at Jürgen, best manager we could have and he will get us going! Has my full support even though some keyboard warriors seem to know better regarding transfers, systems and any other bollox they throw out. Get a grip.

I think most people on here know better how to organise a defence yes, I also think most people on here know more formations than Klopp appears to know and they might even know that sometimes you have to change tactics mid game.
      Best manager we could have, hmm I'm not so sure about that any more, sorry but I really am starting to lose faith in Jürgen a bit or is there some kind of special genius behind nor getting another CB in the summer and instead spending £40 million on the Ox?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #14208: Oct 06, 2017 06:15:45 pm
      I wish people would stop having a pop at Jürgen, best manager we could have and he will get us going! Has my full support even though some keyboard warriors seem to know better regarding transfers, systems and any other bollox they throw out. Get a grip.

Both Rinus Michels and Rafa (an avid student of Michels approach) advocated that the players fit the system, and not to change the system to suit the players, because if you do it that way, you are saying the approach (system) is wrong.

Klopp as well seems to be from the Michels school, in that he believes in controlling the whole environment (in this case the pitch) rather than sections of it.
      We all know (or should) that Michels was the architect of Total Football, which again seems to be what Klopp aspires to, along with trusting players, and giving players freedom, and this is especially hard to coach in an era where many players are over coached from a young age into rigid structures and formations.

The idea that some fella on an internet forum "knows better" than Klopp, what Klopp is working towards is laughable.
      Klopp isn't thinking about just the next game, he has already mapped out the season, and knows his long term plans for next season.
      It's his nature to think long term, and work towards the goals he has set.

People looking for short term solutions are going to be disappointed.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #14209: Oct 06, 2017 07:27:29 pm
      I think most people on here know better how to organise a defence yes, I also think most people on here know more formations than Klopp appears to know and they might even know that sometimes you have to change tactics mid game.
      Best manager we could have, hmm I'm not so sure about that any more, sorry but I really am starting to lose faith in Jürgen a bit or is there some kind of special genius behind nor getting another CB in the summer and instead spending £40 million on the Ox?

Why don't you apply to manage a football team, you should have plenty of offers after all you are better than a twice winning title manager who also reached a CL final.

F***ing clowns calling themselves LFC fans, posters like you deserve Hodgson!

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14210: Oct 06, 2017 07:35:37 pm
      Why don't you apply to manage a football team, you should have plenty of offers after all you are better than a twice winning title manager who also reached a CL final.

Too many games of football manager i think
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #14211: Oct 06, 2017 07:51:45 pm

He is def a clown when it comes to this topic, but bro :o :angry-smiley-034:

I feel for anyone who truly crosses you  :lmao:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #14212: Oct 06, 2017 10:22:15 pm
      Don't you think playing for a Burnley side that has two banks of 4 parked in their own half and playing for the current Liverpool side that defends on the halfway line two different things? Sure, there could be a few defenders out there, but, I am not sure if Tarkowski is one of them.

Go back and re-watch the game and watch him in particular, his reading of the game, his tackling, his blocks... I know one thing... His better than Lovren by a country mile.... I think your objection to him is that he plays for Burnley... We bought  Robertson from Hull City
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14213: Oct 06, 2017 10:36:30 pm

Who is lucky if he even makes the bench

Quick Reply