Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1528146 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14536: Oct 23, 2017 12:02:51 am
      Really should have sold Coutinho this summer and invested in a CB or two and a striker... For me we have kept Sturrigde a season too long, Origi too
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #14537: Oct 23, 2017 12:04:45 am
      Really should have sold Coutinho this summer and invested in a CB or two and a striker... For me we have kept Sturrigde a season too long, Origi too

Wow you trust Edwards to bring in a couple of decent CB's or even a striker?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #14538: Oct 23, 2017 12:12:00 am

Why the need to sell Cou to invest in other positions?

Didn't we supposedly have £200 million to sign players for those positions over the Summer?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14539: Oct 23, 2017 12:13:15 am
      Thing that worries me most is IF he did leave one way or another who would we end up with?

I shudder when I think of it.

Totally agree Dave,
      As well as which there is before undertaking a considerable squad rebuild, the issue of our errant/scapegoat preferring owners.

Would a prospective applicant be prepared to carry out his duties under the direction of JWH&Co to a satisfactory standard?
      We are informed that Klopp was the owner's preferred choice all along; for whatever reason it remains a mystery why our soccer mad American custodians would opt for a manager some in this country were not even familiar with.

Could it be that somehow or other it was made known to JWH&Co that Jürgen Klopp was not only prepared to work for them but also undertake financial constraint similar to that he had experience  of and achieved success in spite of?

The prospect of a ready made scapegoat who had indeed achieved on a relative shoestring budget was manna from heaven to JWH in his Boston enclave, Klopp's signing on fee was irrelevant.
      The majority will stand behind him, even when the lack of quality in the team starts to take effect, Klopp's reputation and professionalism will deflect any responsibility from owners who refuse totally to commit or invest in the asset that is LFC.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14540: Oct 23, 2017 12:14:32 am
      Anyhow still could get top 4 these year maybe fa cup win but klopp he needs start be ruthless next summer F**k stop playing players not good enough sell them
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #14541: Oct 23, 2017 12:27:52 am
      Anyhow still could get top 4 these year maybe fa cup win but klopp he needs start be ruthless next summer f**k stop playing players not good enough sell them

Top 4?  We got that last season and stood still in the Summer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #14542: Oct 23, 2017 12:34:33 am
      Top 4?  We got that last season and stood still in the Summer.

Only common theme since Kenny, Rogers and now Klopp................... ..FSG!

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14543: Oct 23, 2017 12:37:04 am
      We never going win anything with fsg as owners watch Newcastle be take over by very rich owners talk spent up 500 million on next two transfers window we need better owners win league spent big like 100 million plus every summer not F**k net spent
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #14544: Oct 23, 2017 12:44:31 am
      I have a feeling that Klopps blind faith and maybe some would say stupidity will ultimately cost him his job.
      Handing Lovren and Mignolet extended contracts on massive wages, there is absolutely no way any other club will take on those donkeys from our hands.
      Which in turn knowing FSG with they're sell to buy means we are stuck with two players who should never have been signed in the first place.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #14545: Oct 23, 2017 12:57:15 am
      Handing Lovren and Mignolet extended contracts on massive wages, there is absolutely no way any other club will take on those donkeys from our hands.

Possible, although I remember thinking the same about Carroll and Benteke and we got about £45M back for the pair of them.

And didn't we get about £15M for Jordan Ibe or something?  If you can lace your boots up in the Premier League then that seems to be worth around £10M so who knows.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #14546: Oct 23, 2017 01:17:23 am
      Had to come on here because it is so annoying......Klopp has a superb keeper in Ward who was awesome at both Aberdeen & Huddersfield where he was given a chance. Why won't Klopp play him? Is it because he is British !!! Cannot see any other reason....

It should be the first thing he does Tuesday morning or whenever they are back mate  give Ward the gloves, then  tell Can hes surplus along with Lovern Mignolet Karius  Milner Sturridge,Klavan Ings Henderson. then tell a few more of them whats expected and after that chat someone wants to take Klopp in for a chat and tell him where he stands because that aint good enough.
      Its time for the gloves to come off, some can do it when they want, some cant do it, some used to be able to do it ,and and some their bodies just aint up to it ,time to move on 8 players but contracts complicates matters how much cash in those 2 four balls, is Can a £40 million pound player( watch Juve come Jan ) whos gonna fork out £50 large for Henderson Studge is gone Milner great pro Championship material now,  Klavan Mignolet Karius and Lovern you would be lucky to get a can off coke and a packet of
      tic tacs,  if Im wrong tell me why they are the future coz I dont see it .

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14547: Oct 23, 2017 01:29:22 am
      When he came here, I remember him saying something along the lines of we will win a Title within the next 4 years. He's been here 2 so I am willing to give him a further 2 but if he doesn't t F**k off Mignolet, Can and Lovren as soon as possible, then I'm not sure he's going to be here another 6 months, let alone 2 more seasons.

At 3-1 down at HT he should have got Solanke and Grujic on but nope he waits till 75 minutes and brings Studge on!!! What the F**k was he thinking?
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Reply #14548: Oct 23, 2017 01:35:02 am
      Had to come on here because it is so annoying......Klopp has a superb keeper in Ward who was awesome at both Aberdeen & Huddersfield where he was given a chance. Why won't Klopp play him? Is it because he is British !!! Cannot see any other reason....

Wow
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14549: Oct 23, 2017 01:37:26 am
      When he came here, I remember him saying something along the lines of we will win a Title within the next 4 years. He's been here 2 so I am willing to give him a further 2 but if he doesn't t f**k off Mignolet, Can and Lovren as soon as possible, then I'm not sure he's going to be here another 6 months, let alone 2 more seasons.

At 3-1 down at HT he should have got Solanke and Grujic on but nope he waits till 75 minutes and brings Studge on!!! What the f**k was he thinking?

Get your point mate and considering what he took over (now it may just be dawning on Jürgen just how bloody bad it was) then 4 years seemed fair enough but it appears more and more that he over-rated what he inherited.

Not sure Grujic should be getting too many games but Solanke and Ings could easily see themselves fighting things out soon enough:

Ward
        Clyne    Matip    Gomez  Moreno
                      Henderson
                 Lallana    Coutinho
          Mane        Firmino     Salah

Karius; TAA; Klavan; AOC; Wijnaldum; Woodburn; Solanke

That's the squad and bench I'd like to see him moving forward with, of course it requires a couple of lads getting back from injury.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14550: Oct 23, 2017 01:44:23 am
      Good team mate, having Sadio and Adam back will make a world of difference.

As for Grujic, I'd love to see him get some game time, he should be playing ahead of Can every game till Adam gets back. He's going to be a Beast. Just has to get a chance.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14551: Oct 23, 2017 01:58:47 am
      Good team mate, having Sadio and Adam back will make a world of difference.

As for Grujic, I'd love to see him get some game time, he should be playing ahead of Can every game till Adam gets back. He's going to be a Beast. Just has to get a chance.

I've been hugely impressed with Grujic in friendlies, it's just whenever he gets to play in competitive games I've found him lacking quite badly.

If he could turn up in friendly mode rather than what we've seen, albeit briefly, in competitive games then he could indeed be a good player.

The question will be though is Jürgen prepared to gamble on him when so much pressure and the glare of the spotlight will be on him, especially if he does begin to ring the changes.

Not so sure mate, I will say that after watching that post match any team selection is possible. Complete change in formation, playing Sturridge in goal to help him with his lack of pace, anything is absolutely possible because Jürgen is beyond tipping point with many of them, especially our defensive unit.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #14552: Oct 23, 2017 08:06:38 am
      I don't think any of us want a change of manager. The idea of it is just madness. People shouldn't even be saying it. There should never be posts of 'I want klopp to stay but...' let's not even think it.

Can you imagine if we did actually sack him? Who would come in? Who out there is going to get more out of this group of players than Jürgen Klopp? Who out there would even want to?

He has his faults certainly. What manager doesn't? It's really starting to frustrate me how he persists with certain players and his stubborness to make changes during a game.

But. Come on. When we turn up and when we're up for it then there are very few teams who can cope with us. We are unreal at times.

In yesterday's game, how many of our players were klopp signings? People will say he has been here long enough to have made that squad his own but he has made it clear that he won't just sign anybody for the sake of it - so for me the responsibility lies with FSG.

I don't think for one second we should have put all of our eggs in one basket with VVD this summer. There should have been a shortlist of 3 or 4 world class CBs. Not VVD, Shawcross, Lescott or whatever klopp was given by those minge bags.

VVD only wanted to come here because of klopp in the first place. Keita only signed for us because of klopp so even if we finished mid table and sacked him, what would he think of that?

He has some flaws definitely and he is somewhat naive thinking he can coach some of these footballs and transform them into top players. You can't polish a turd.

It's time he acts and becomes ruthless. No more mr nice guy. Take that armband from Henderson firstly. Then put Lovren and mignolet up for sale.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #14553: Oct 23, 2017 08:45:58 am
      I think this is the line in the sand for a lot of supporters, me included. This is the point where folk are saying "Sort it out - right now."

Personally, I no longer think Klopp can sort it out, I'm now hoping he can sort it out. The reasons for my lack of faith is the fact he can't or won't change tactics during a game. Sure he'll change personnel, like Can going right back, Gomez going centre back, and Ox going wide with Couts in the middle (anyone remember him throwing Matip up front in some cup game?). But even though the faces change, I don't see our tactics change. And that's the trouble for me.

You can change all eleven players during a game, but if the way you play, the way you approach a game doesn't change, the result isn't going to change. Sure you'll strike gold now and then, that's law of averages, but for the most part you're still using the wrong approach. 

Do I want Klopp gone? Honestly, I don't know. My heart says "Yes. This is my football team, get Ancelotti/Simeone/Nextbrightyoungthing in to win me lots and lots of league titles". But my head says "Klopp has a proven track record so let him have two more transfer windows to turn it around." Which brings me to another issue I have with all this.

I'm so sick and tired and fed up to the back teeth of finding myself in the situation seemingly season in season out, where we are in October but once again frustratedly looking to January and Summer transfer windows to see if Klopp/Rodgers etc can get it right. Groundhog day.

I am genuinely concerned that Klopp is a great motivator but lacking in the tactics department. The troubling thing is, I'm sure Mignolet will start the next game, and I wouldn't be surprised if Lovren does too. But maybe, just maybe, the Spurs game was the point of no return for certain players. Maybe the Spurs game was the point where Klopp says I've had enough. What with Huddersfield up next, and Danny Ward having played for them, perhaps this will see Ward between the sticks. I'm not holding my breath though.
      « Last Edit: Oct 23, 2017 01:30:42 pm by Rush »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #14554: Oct 23, 2017 10:35:50 am
      Klopp gave the contracts to Mignolet and Lovren. We can wrap it up any way we choose but the blame lays solely at the gaffers door for persevering with these and other inadequete players for to long

Does Klopp have to use his own money to sign the quality we need?
      From experience that is the only way we are going to get a squad capable of challenging to an acceptable standard in the Prem and Europe.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #14555: Oct 23, 2017 10:41:30 am
      Get you're head out of your stubborn hole Jürgen and sign some players.

We need a new GK, 2 new CB's, a DM and a striker.

You have 2 windows left to bring in the quality we need or else F**k off back to Germany.

I like you a lot man but your stubbornness is killing me.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #14556: Oct 23, 2017 10:51:43 am
      Quote from rossyred on Yesterday at 09:55:22 pm
      Klopp gave the contracts to Mignolet and Lovren. We can wrap it up any way we choose but the blame lays solely at the gaffers door for persevering with these and other inadequete players for to long

Does Klopp have to use his own money to sign the quality we need?
      From experience that is the only way we are going to get a squad capable of challenging to an acceptable standard in the Prem and Europe.

wow!! people here laughed and had a go at me for suggesting that we should of gone for Pepe in the summer for free, he would of made us better at the back given us bite
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #14557: Oct 23, 2017 10:54:28 am
      wow!! people here laughed and had a go at me for suggesting that we should of gone for Pepe in the summer for free, he would of made us better at the back given us bite

We haven't had bite since Suarez left  :P
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 733 posts | 113 
      Reply #14558: Oct 23, 2017 11:19:22 am
      the present owners have not improved our fortunes to any great extent and their methods do not provoke optimism in any way whatsoever.

Apart from:

- Stadium expansion, with the owners currently looking at ways to develop the Anfield Road end
      - Investing millions in the redevelopment in the club stores in Liverpool, making them double the size they were previously
      - Further investment planned in the Academy / Melwood training facilities
      - The steady increase in our gross revenue - according to Forbes, our revenue was $295m in 2012, $296m in 2013, $313m in 2014, $415 in 2015, $471m in 2016.

The problem is that we are still miles behind Man Utd. Whilst we are closing the gap financially, they are still a long way away - their revenue for 2016 was $765m

It is frustrating when we see them sign players for mega amounts of money but the reality is that we are not even close to their level in terms of financial clout. The current owners have invested in long-term sources of revenue that will enable us to close the gap and built a solid base to begin to compete more steadily with the likes of Man Utd and Real Madrid etc.

However, we won't see the fruits of this investment for another few years. But to say that they don't invest in the club is nonsense and does not bear any scrutiny when held up against facts.

Quick Reply