Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518502 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14743: Nov 15, 2017 05:30:02 pm
      Think we missed a trick here, if Jürgen misses the game we could have had moyes for 1 game, get fat sam in
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #14744: Nov 15, 2017 06:12:02 pm
       Jürgen Klopp to miss Wednesday’s training session

15th November 2017

Jürgen Klopp has attended a hospital appointment today as a precautionary measure, after feeling ill.

He is being assessed by doctors and will be absent from training on Wednesday as a result. There are currently no plans for Jürgen to remain in hospital beyond his appointment and he will therefore return home this evening; however, he may require further check-ups in the coming days.

The club urges that the privacy of Jürgen, his family and other patients is respected while attending hospital visits.

Offal

Get well soon,  boss.

Get well soon Klopp  :cool-smiley-027:
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #14745: Nov 15, 2017 07:12:37 pm
      Get well soon boss!
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #14746: Nov 15, 2017 08:08:55 pm
      Get well soon Jürgen, hopefully a clean bill of health after the tests! YNWA.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #14747: Nov 15, 2017 08:13:49 pm
      Get well, gaffer. Hope it's nothing serious.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14748: Nov 15, 2017 09:06:16 pm
      Get well soon,  boss.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #14749: Nov 15, 2017 09:36:17 pm
      I’m sure he will be fine. May want to lay off the smokes though.
      Get well soon Jürgen.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #14750: Nov 15, 2017 09:48:31 pm
      Get well soon Boss.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #14751: Nov 15, 2017 10:02:02 pm
      Saw that he'd been given the all clear and is expected into training tomorrow.

Encouraging, good to hear!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #14752: Nov 16, 2017 03:37:19 am

I appreciate Klopps man management skills but sometimes he just needs to be ruthless.

We saw how ruthless he can be with Sakho, who, in my opinion, is head and shoulders above Lovren in every sense.  Now it's time to be ruthless with others too.  Only half of our starting 11 currently is title winning standard. A few of them can play a role within the squad. A few of them just need f**king off ASAP.

Well said about Klopp to be ruthless. Been saying the same probably the last 1 year or so and similar mistakes made by players over and over again and yet Klopp persists with them. Either these players have limited capabilities or they actually have problems improving. Either way, they are only going to drag the whole team down together with Klopp.

I don't have the privilege of going behind the scenes to find out what is actually happening. After reading many articles and posts here and elsewhere, it may not be 100% Klopp's fault. I would think Klopp is no fool, he knows which player is not good enough but yet persists with them as there is no guarantee that he will get players he wanted knowing how misery the owners are. Klopp could be playing it safe too.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #14753: Nov 16, 2017 10:25:06 am
      Well said about Klopp to be ruthless. Been saying the same probably the last 1 year or so and similar mistakes made by players over and over again and yet Klopp persists with them. Either these players have limited capabilities or they actually have problems improving. Either way, they are only going to drag the whole team down together with Klopp.

I don't have the privilege of going behind the scenes to find out what is actually happening. After reading many articles and posts here and elsewhere, it may not be 100% Klopp's fault. I would think Klopp is no fool, he knows which player is not good enough but yet persists with them as there is no guarantee that he will get players he wanted knowing how misery the owners are. Klopp could be playing it safe too.

I understand Klopp being stubborn over VVD. That was the player he wanted. That was the player he met with and the player who he convinced to join us despite being interest from other teams with more money and power.

It must be extremely frustrating wanting a player and having no support from your owners. We didn't even bid for Klopps number 1 target and what's worse, somebody in the club purposely leaked it to the press, sabotaging any potential deal and embarrassing us and Klopp in the process.

But to persist with Lovren and to make Mignolet captain is just inexcusable. Is he actually taking the piss? Is he doing this out of spite knowing full well they will cost us games so he can say 'I told you so' to our owners? Or is he genuinely naïve and somewhat deluded and thinks that the pair of them are half decent players? Or players that he can get more out of?

I just don't know. I suppose it doesn't matter what the answer is because neither benefit us.

Making Mignolet captain was a bizarre decision. It sends out a statement to Mignolet, the squad and to all the fans that he is very much a part of this team. Something I find completely baffling.

But away from football for a second, I hope Jürgen makes a speedy recovery and is fit and well soon.

bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14754: Nov 16, 2017 10:49:40 am
      Hope you're feeling better Jürgen.
      The stress of watching Migs and Lovren close up. Have to find a cure for that.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14755: Nov 16, 2017 10:57:36 am
      Hope you're feeling better Jürgen.
      The stress of watching Migs and Lovren close up. Have to find a cure for that.

One exists. It's called 'January Transfer window'.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14756: Nov 16, 2017 11:10:08 am
      One exists. It's called 'January Transfer window'.

Another is don't play them, come on Jürgen its not rocket surgery ffs!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14757: Nov 16, 2017 11:42:01 am

None of them are good enough. Migs should have been sold in the Summer while his stock had risen, Karius has consistently failed to cover himself in glory, Moreno has improved but we all know his lack of a footballing brain means he's an accident waiting to happen and neither Lovren nor Matip are good enough to be first choice center backs for a top six side in this country, and what players are we being linked with for January? More midfielders. Klopp has consistently failed to address the glaring weakness in the side and it is ours, and will be his, undoing. Entertainment without anything to show for it at the end of the season is worthless.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #14758: Nov 17, 2017 05:35:48 pm

Or brain science haha
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14759: Nov 17, 2017 08:55:49 pm

I have never criticized Jürgen on the forum.
      I was one of the major voices calling for TPM's head and installing Klopp ... who was my first choice in front of Simeone.
      My wishes came true.

Some of the football we have played has been amazing .
      Only months after arriving here Jürgen had got us to two finals.

Our attack currently is something else when firing on all cylinders.

Tomorrow, Maureen will beat Ferguson's record for consecutive matches going unbeaten if the Scum don't lose to the Toon.

We have some green shoots appearing in defence.

Gomez was awesome in the international v Brazil and got MOTM.

We just can't afford to keep losing points due to  Lovren,  Mignolet and the other second rate players who shouldn't even be near the first team.

Build from the back .   
      Lets see that being done and we can put a serious team onto the pitch.

Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #14760: Nov 19, 2017 03:16:09 pm
      https://www.facebook.com/FootballFightsBIGHits/videos/495496944165984/

I have it on good authority that Jürgen is about to upgrage our goalkeeping situation - have a look at the link...
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #14761: Nov 19, 2017 03:55:38 pm
      https://www.facebook.com/FootballFightsBIGHits/videos/495496944165984/

I have it on good authority that Jürgen is about to upgrage our goalkeeping situation - have a look at the link...

You mean by not buying any of them we instantly upgrade our goalkeeping situation?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #14762: Nov 19, 2017 05:37:34 pm
      You mean by not buying any of them we instantly upgrade our goalkeeping situation?

Exactly.

Migs will be like a new signing ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #14763: Nov 19, 2017 08:34:06 pm
      Love the Man

Anyone see his Interview in the Tunnel after the match?

Interviewer: What more can you say about Mohammed Salah?

Jürgen: : Keep it gooooooinggggggg 

I was in hysterics  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #14764: Nov 20, 2017 09:24:10 pm
      Sorry to hear you were unwell Jürgen. Such a demanding job being a football manager, we all have to bear in mind the pressures.

Think back to the pressure king Kenny was under should give us all a reminder that it's only a game.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #14765: Nov 21, 2017 09:47:19 pm
      For the love of god Jürgen buy a defensive midfielder

Quick Reply