Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1525915 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3390 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #14904: Nov 27, 2017 04:32:54 pm
      It would actually be a quite interesting game to be played.....the best squad from the Brodgers "era" vs Jürgen's current squad. Wonder who would win that one?

Was judging it by the team Jürgen inherited from brendan which didn't have luis or stevie, but it would be interesting,  think luis would just swing it
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #14905: Nov 27, 2017 05:24:56 pm
      If Klopp knows the defence needs strengthening then why the f**k doesn't he strengthen it??  Klopp is a fantastic man manager, no question about that, but I think he's a fairly average tactical manager, certainly in terms of defence.

Average manager? & only in defensive terms? F***ing hell...

Season has barley begun & some of you are throwing in the towel.. 
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14906: Nov 27, 2017 06:33:52 pm
      Average manager? & only in defensive terms? F***ing hell...

Season has barley begun & some of you are throwing in the towel.. 

To be fair. Our weakest area last season was the defence and keeper. We had a whole summer to address this but spent the time apologising so we went into the season with it again being our weaker area. Only thing now though, is our CM area is looking just as weak and also wasn’t addressed. Not good enough, it cost us last season and it’s costing us this season. We have a guy playing DM who is literally incapable of making a tackle and lacks any bottle and leadership, yet we sold Lucas who could make a tackle and doesn’t shy away from things.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #14907: Nov 27, 2017 06:51:51 pm
      And how many have we lost to the bottom six clubs compered the big six...?

Just saying...

Use to tease my mate (A Man Utd supporter) about how we use to beat them all he time; until he came back with... "I would rather lose to Liverpool every season if it meant us winning the league" since that bit of banter they (Utd) have won four more titles...

There are only two players in our current squad that knows what it is like to win a Premier League Title... And no supporter born after April 1990 that knows what it is like to have won a title, so they latch on to how well we do against the top six...

This is not directed at you MiRO...but just saying

Still feels great to beat them (the top six that is), but it would feel better if there was a title or two in there

Just saying .....

Lot of negativity and some justifiable criticism of Jürgen creeping in and I just thought I would throw a bit of positivity in there.

I know you're not having a go.

Just think how I feel having supported the Reds since the early sixties and been on the journey ever since.

I agree.

Dumbing down by stages .....  top four then top six.

The current team ?  ...... the players worth putting on the shirt you can count on one hand ..... and that is the sorry state.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #14908: Nov 27, 2017 07:02:16 pm
      To be fair. Our weakest area last season was the defence and keeper. We had a whole summer to address this but spent the time apologising so we went into the season with it again being our weaker area. Only thing now though, is our CM area is looking just as weak and also wasn’t addressed. Not good enough, it cost us last season and it’s costing us this season. We have a guy playing DM who is literally incapable of making a tackle and lacks any bottle and leadership, yet we sold Lucas who could make a tackle and doesn’t shy away from things.

I would be concerned if we were 6 points off the relegation zone but were 6 points from 2nd to a team that has spent an obscene amount..

I'm sure the Boss is aware of our back 5 issues & I'm sure they will be addressed..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14909: Nov 27, 2017 07:15:14 pm
      I'm sure the Boss is aware of our back 5 issues & I'm sure they will be addressed..

I hope you’re right, I really do, but he has shown little sign of addressing this since the day he arrived.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,177 posts | 1630 
      Reply #14910: Nov 27, 2017 07:58:28 pm

Absolutely spot on.

It’s obvious to a blind man where our problems lie and it was mentioned all of last season and through the summer. Yet the club did nothing about it besides sign a second choice left back.

The GK situation is another that baffles me. We all know Migs isn’t the answer and presumably so did Klopp because he went out and signed Karius, but then he said they had to battle for the no.1 spot. Except Karius makes a few mistakes and is binned, whilst Migs is undropable. Then the rotation of them for PL and CL just points to Jürgen not being ruthless enough to make a decision about who his number 1 is.

I have a very bad feeling that Jürgen is digging his own grave with his persistence with players who have proven time and again they aren’t good enough.

Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Gini. Every single one of those could be improved upon and are what I would deem as ‘squad’ players. Our problem is they are all first XI and Jürgen needs to address it sharpish and stop thinking he can polish a turd with some of them.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #14911: Nov 27, 2017 09:45:33 pm
      Absolutely spot on.

It’s obvious to a blind man where our problems lie and it was mentioned all of last season and through the summer. Yet the club did nothing about it besides sign a second choice left back.

The GK situation is another that baffles me. We all know Migs isn’t the answer and presumably so did Klopp because he went out and signed Karius, but then he said they had to battle for the no.1 spot. Except Karius makes a few mistakes and is binned, whilst Migs is undropable. Then the rotation of them for PL and CL just points to Jürgen not being ruthless enough to make a decision about who his number 1 is.

I have a very bad feeling that Jürgen is digging his own grave with his persistence with players who have proven time and again they aren’t good enough.

Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Gini. Every single one of those could be improved upon and are what I would deem as ‘squad’ players. Our problem is they are all first XI and Jürgen needs to address it sharpish and stop thinking he can polish a turd with some of them.

Not even a 2nd choice left back because he’d still rather play a midfielder (Milner) there, so went and signed a 3rd choice left back.
      It does bafffle me, can’t get my head around it at all. Fair credit to Moreno, he’s not been too bad this season, Sevilla aside, but how does it go from Klopp essentially outcasting Moreno from the squad entirely and looking like having no future with us to that role going to the new signing in Robertson and Moreno now first choice?!

There isnt another manager I would rather have than Klopp, but his stubbornness to sort the painstakingly obviously just makes me want bang my head against a brick wall.
      If he doesn’t have success with us then it will be his own stubbornness to sort the defence/keeper out that will cost him.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #14912: Nov 27, 2017 09:55:04 pm
      Not if we had Playoffs like in the NFL. I preach this for years, would make everything more interesting.

You could accomplish the same thing by implementing a true wage/transfer cap which would then put the emphasis on management, scouting, youth development, tactics.
      Kopite78
      Reply #14913: Nov 27, 2017 10:34:03 pm
      You could accomplish the same thing by implementing a true wage/transfer cap which would then put the emphasis on management, scouting, youth development, tactics.

What would you suggest? I'm all seriousness in terms of the caps?
      A player limit? A squad limit?

There is a certain reluctance to do so because of back when it was in place there was a feeling of players essentially being treated like slaves. The retain and transfer system was abolished and it's been an upward curve towards where we are now.

There's a great book on it from around  ten years ago that I'd recommend
      My father and other working class football heroes
      Of course it would never return to those days but if you read it you can see why they wanted the maximum wage and transfer fees being outlawed

I wouldn't want it returning
      « Last Edit: Nov 27, 2017 10:39:39 pm by Kopite78 »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #14914: Nov 27, 2017 10:37:22 pm

This doesn't work, either.

We have it in the Rugby League competition here in Australia and it just forces everything to be swept under the carpet. Payments get made through third parties, in brown paper bags, etc.

Rather the system stay the same.

Plus i hate the play-off system for football.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #14915: Nov 27, 2017 10:50:06 pm
      What would you suggest? I'm all seriousness in terms of the caps?
      A player limit? A squad limit?

There is a certain reluctance to do so because of back when it was in place there was a feeling of players essentially being treated like slaves. The retain and transfer system was abolished and it's been an upward curve towards where we are now.

There's a great book on it from around  ten years ago that I'd recommend
      My father and other working class football heroes
      Of course it would never return to those days but if you read it you can see why they wanted the maximum wage and transfer fees being outlawed

Salary Cap plain and simple....it will never happen of course because of all the money/agents/work around's but if one wanted to create parity then that is where it could be done...

City's annual salaries are £225 million/year where Bournemouth's is £34 million/year bring that down to say £75 - £100 million and you have parity and I don't this any of the starting XI within any squad are living in the poorhouse.

Use that savings to lower ticket prices and then the league is fun again.

Never going to happen, not in a million years but a salary cap would bring the league more in to parity then some kind of playoff system.
      Kopite78
      Reply #14916: Nov 27, 2017 10:56:56 pm
      Salary Cap plain and simple....it will never happen of course because of all the money/agents/work around's but if one wanted to create parity then that is where it could be done...

City's annual salaries are £225 million/year where Bournemouth's is £34 million/year bring that down to say £75 - £100 million and you have parity and I don't this any of the starting XI within any squad are living in the poorhouse.

Never going to happen, not in a million years but a salary cap would bring the league more in to parity then some kind of playoff system.

All across every league in the world?

Clubs in the top league's could afford to drop prices anyway, as we stand, weather that's man city or Bournemouth.. they just won't. Salaries have nothing to do with that, greed does.
      There's other ways about it nowadays anyway, sponsorship deals and the like. Money has gone mad in the game, that's what brought these horrible opportunistic owners into the game anyway.

I'd still suggest you read that book, it will give you a better understanding of the history that's lead us to here

Play offs are sh*te by the way.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14917: Nov 28, 2017 04:51:39 am
      I would be concerned if we were 6 points off the relegation zone but were 6 points from 2nd to a team that has spent an obscene amount..

Imagine if we recruited well?

We wouldn't be sitting behind four other teams struggling to find consistent form to break away from the pack, but we'd be near Man City.

So many wounded beasts in this league and we stab ourselves in the leg to hold us back with them.

By that i mean Chelsea, United, Arsenal and Spurs all addressed key areas with big signings and we added two more attackers and a third-choice left back. They're pumping money in to strengthening but the difference between the clubs is still very small. If we'd just go out and fix our issues like them we'd be walking away from them on the ladder. Just annoying.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14918: Nov 28, 2017 12:51:31 pm

I really like the idea of a salary cap or squad cap. It could quite easily be implemented by FIFA and UEFA and would lead to cheaper ticket prices for fans but they are both to corrupt to ever do it, the rich clubs won't allow it and will bribe heavily to ensure it will never happen.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14919: Nov 28, 2017 03:05:50 pm
      This doesn't work, either.

We have it in the Rugby League competition here in Australia and it just forces everything to be swept under the carpet. Payments get made through third parties, in brown paper bags, etc.

Rather the system stay the same.

Plus i hate the play-off system for football.

Over here in superleague we have some very highly paid cleaners on the books.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #14920: Nov 28, 2017 09:20:29 pm

If he doesn’t have success with us then it will be his own stubbornness to sort the defence/keeper out that will cost him.

Said that many times before, his continue procrastination will only lead to his self-destruction. Time and again, a big majority of the fans kept highlighting the faults and weaknesses but he kept to the same approach that continue to give us problems. A world class manger is one who is able to identify faults early and able to identify who is good enough to make up the 11; and to make those bold decisions to move on players.  To me, Klopp is simply too soft to sell or even drop players.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #14921: Nov 28, 2017 10:39:55 pm
      Taught when klopp come in he be more ruthless he not he still pick same players next season will be were he got too much better sell on Henderson type players or he be sack
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,545 posts | 3905 
      Reply #14922: Nov 28, 2017 10:46:10 pm
      Taught when klopp come in he be more ruthless he not he still pick same players next season will be were he got too much better sell on Henderson type players or he be sack

Huh?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14923: Nov 28, 2017 11:31:14 pm
      I have to admit, the man is totally getting on my tits now. Here's the latest round of bullshit to pour from his mouth:

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp says it was 'not possible' for players to do better against Chelsea[/news
      The Liverpool manager believes concerns about his side's game management are overblown

Jürgen Klopp denied that Liverpool have a problem with game management on Tuesday, claiming he cannot fault his players despite conceding a late goal to draw 1-1 with Chelsea last weekend.

Klopp’s side were pegged back by Willian at Anfield on Saturday after the Brazilian’s 85th-minute cross-cum-shot deceived goalkeeper Simon Mignolet and drifted in at the far post.

The draw with Chelsea came in the same week as the surrender of a three-goal advantage in a Champions League clash with Sevilla, leaving Klopp to ponder how his players dropped four points in the space of four days.

Full article here: https://ind.pn/2zx9oBH

I'll probably get flack from this from his cult of mindless woshipers but quite honestly if Brendan Rodgers came out with this rubbish the board would be full of outrage and people calling for his head. That doesn't mean I want Klopp fired, but it does mean I want an end to the constant stream of bullshit excuses that he comes out with, I want him to stop taking me for an idiot and I want him to recognise that A) there is a deep, structural problem with a team that cannot hold a lead, and B) that problem exists because too few of our players are good enough.

The stats don't lie. Since he took over, our goal difference is just +3 and we've let in 30 goals in the last 20 minutes of games. Compare that with City who have +34 with only 16 in the last 20, Arsenal with +30, Spurs with +21 and United with +17. In total, since he took over, we've conceded 100 goals, more than any other club. Like any other problem, you have to acknowledge its existence before you can deal with it. He needs to stop making excuses, acknowledge that we have a problem and take appropriate steps to deal with it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #14924: Nov 28, 2017 11:34:24 pm
      I'll probably get flack from this from his cult of mindless woshipers but quite honestly if Brendan Rodgers came out with this rubbish the board would be full of outrage and people calling for his head.

We're still playing as if Rodgers was in charge and he's sounding like him more and more lately.

Enough excuses and dumbing down our expectations. Stop being soft cu*ts.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14925: Nov 28, 2017 11:39:48 pm
      That goal tally by the way is just League goals. It doesn't include cup competitions so the total amount is quite a bit higher.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #14926: Nov 29, 2017 12:00:14 am
      Stats don't  lie. Would you want him gone,fcuk me no chance. Do we all drive the perfect route in life,like fcuk do we. Best man out there,unless you all want Rafa back. Kop on,Klopp on together  we can get there.

Quick Reply