Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526396 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15111: Dec 13, 2017 06:45:55 pm
      Neither. Klopp took a look at Everton's League position, looked at a few matches and decided they were sh*t, had no pace and judging them to be nothing more than a mid-table team, the substitutions were predetermined prior to the match.

So what did he think of Chelsea then when he rotated?

The rotation thing will work or it won't proof won't be until the end of the season.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #15112: Dec 13, 2017 06:46:24 pm
      He picked the players that played well too (like Salah) so I'm not sure your point really makes much sense.

We didn't win, so I stand by my comment
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15113: Dec 13, 2017 06:52:44 pm
      Neither. Klopp took a look at Everton's League position, looked at a few matches and decided they were sh*t, had no pace and judging them to be nothing more than a mid-table team, the substitutions were predetermined prior to the match. What should have happened is a double substitution involving Coutinho for Milner (who was playing sh*te) and Firmino for Solanke (who was ineffectual), allowing himself one final substitution to take off Salah once we'd scored that all important second goal.

What he does instead is take off our best goal scorer and biggest threat to Everton at 1-0, handing them a massive boost and blunting our attack in one fell swoop, whilst also substituting an attacking midfielder who was having a reasonable game, and, hardly having featured for us since signing, was the last player in need of a rest, whilst leaving on a defensive one who was playing crap against a team that had no interest in attacking us and therefore posed no threat to our midfield.

Rotation isn't the issue, it's when and where to rotate and it was the mid-week game against West Brom, the relegation threatened side not the side playing us in a Derby, one of the most anticipated and important games in any season, a game that you simply do not under any circumstances whatsoever, loose to the other side. By doing so, by underestimating the importance of the match, by removing our goal threat, he not only cost us the match but resulted in our dropping outside the top four, albeit with a game in hand, rather than capitalising on the weekend's results and moving to third in the table, three points behind United and putting huge pressure on their next game.

Klopp fu**ed up, no ifs, no buts, no two ways about it.

So you didn't bother to read the post before yours saying Salah was feeling his hamstring a bit.

That's the problem when you make a judgement without having all the relevant information.

And none of us have all the relevant information, so spouting on about Klopp "getting things wrong" just looks silly.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #15114: Dec 13, 2017 09:52:57 pm
      Jürgen you do realize that it's legal to make changes earlier than the 75th minute right??
      Piss poor game management yet again. There was no urgency in the team at all until the last 10 minutes or so.
      Harrisimo

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Reply #15115: Dec 13, 2017 10:54:48 pm
      Jürgen you do realize that it's legal to make changes earlier than the 75th minute right??
      Piss poor game management yet again. There was no urgency in the team at all until the last 10 minutes or so.

And yet he played the side that everybody wanted - fab4...Hendo out...we didn't win so you blame Klopp for not changing the side you and nearly everybody endorsed.  And yes Klopp is the manager so the buck stops with him. I have enough faith in him but it's not that easy getting the balance right.

Thru in the C/L...still well in the hunt for a top 4 spot...not that bad and we have to accept that's about where we are at in the wider scheme of things.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15116: Dec 13, 2017 11:58:38 pm
      Lots of rotation but yet City are flying by only really rotating Aguero and Jesus. Likes of Silva, Sterling and KDB seem to be playing every game. Sterling's game is also very similar to Mane and Salah, in terms that he basis a lot of his play on the use of his pace.

Think all this rotation is starting to hamper us, we can't get into any rhythm. We get a win but then we go into the next game with 6 different players starting. I get we needed to manage the players better than last year around this time but this is getting ridiculous now. Play your strongest team, get the win early on and then look to take the key players off early.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #15117: Dec 14, 2017 12:16:40 am
      And yet he played the side that everybody wanted - fab4...Hendo out...we didn't win so you blame Klopp for not changing the side you and nearly everybody endorsed.  And yes Klopp is the manager so the buck stops with him. I have enough faith in him but it's not that easy getting the balance right.

Thru in the C/L...still well in the hunt for a top 4 spot...not that bad and we have to accept that's about where we are at in the wider scheme of things.

I'm not talking about the lineup. I'm happy with today's lineup as was I with that lineup against Everton. My main issue with Klopp is that he always waits to make his subs until very late during the game. And when he makes changes, a lot of them make absolutely no sense. There's this stats floating around that says we're among the worst teams when it comes to scoring in the last 15 minutes of the game (or something similar). I remember many times already this season when we dropped points in the last 10 minutes of the game but can't seem to recall the last time we did the opposite.

Yes I love the man and I enjoy our football this season and the general direction we're heading toward. But this is clearly a main issue we can't ignore or make excuses time and time again.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #15118: Dec 14, 2017 12:21:26 am
      Lots of rotation but yet City are flying by only really rotating Aguero and Jesus. Likes of Silva, Sterling and KDB seem to be playing every game. Sterling's game is also very similar to Mane and Salah, in terms that he basis a lot of his play on the use of his pace.

Think all this rotation is starting to hamper us, we can't get into any rhythm. We get a win but then we go into the next game with 6 different players starting. I get we needed to manage the players better than last year around this time but this is getting ridiculous now. Play your strongest team, get the win early on and then look to take the key players off early.

That would be ideal but it seems we haven't learnt how to set up the team to hold a lead...
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #15119: Dec 14, 2017 12:44:35 am
      Going say that how come city play same team every week don't seem tried as us is way klopp training team maybe it not fit for premier league press game
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #15120: Dec 14, 2017 12:46:02 am
      We need top forward next year and playmaker that can beat park bus teams
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #15121: Dec 14, 2017 01:16:36 am
      klopp makes so many strange decisions

scrap that,he makes loads of poor decisions - that cost us points
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #15122: Dec 14, 2017 01:25:06 am
      Sad thing is we two tough away games come up lose both we could be 7 in league l feel like we going miss get top 4 next year other rebuilt job on look at have bring in 5 good players in next year cback playmaker in midfield other forward other winger and maybe other cback
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #15123: Dec 14, 2017 01:57:15 am
      Rotate if you have quality filling in...................
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #15124: Dec 14, 2017 01:59:21 am
      draw made absolute sense looking at the boys out there. seemed like they probably didn't even prepare for this game, no time, huge fixtures all piled in week after week now, probably had to take this one as it came. i'm not too fussed at all about the draw, we have much higher standards now so don't need to get hysterical after a couple games where we didn't score 7. still well on track in 3 competitions.

Going say that how come city play same team every week don't seem tried as us is way klopp training team maybe it not fit for premier league press game

they're doping
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6354 
      Reply #15125: Dec 14, 2017 02:23:54 am
      Draw sucks for sure, but that goal should have counted and then we are all talking about digging out a tough 3 points against yet another bus parker.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2805 
      Reply #15126: Dec 14, 2017 07:56:51 am
      Issue of rotation has to be brought up.

We've made far, far more changes than anyone in the league - importantly significantly more than the teams around us. Does that mean a) Jürgen's style is simply so intense that we have to make this many changes just to be able to hold our current league position or b) is Jürgen simply changing it up too much?

I have no problem with a few changes here and there but I struggle to see how we can build any momentum if we make 5-6 changes every single game.
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2017 08:57:43 am by chats »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15127: Dec 14, 2017 08:20:42 am
      The rotation is probably excessive but clearly the ghost of last january is hanging over klopp, no league cup or cl means hopefully we will see the benefits,  lallana will help also with the link with midfield and attack
      Tadders

• 6,723 posts | 566 
      Reply #15128: Dec 14, 2017 08:40:28 am
      fighting for fourth place with burnley\arsenal\spurs then.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15129: Dec 14, 2017 09:20:10 am
      fighting for fourth place with burnley\arsenal\spurs then.

And referees.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #15130: Dec 14, 2017 10:32:45 am
      My only issue last night and every game where we are struggling is how long he takes to make changes. Waiting until the 75th odd minute to make subs when clearly nothing was changing from half time on.

Needs to be more decisive this way. How Emre Can lasted the full game is beyond me!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15131: Dec 14, 2017 10:53:01 am
      My only issue last night and every game where we are struggling is how long he takes to make changes. Waiting until the 75th odd minute to make subs when clearly nothing was changing from half time on.

Needs to be more decisive this way. How Emre Can lasted the full game is beyond me!

Can't disagree with this, especially when you take into account that Jürgen rotates as much as he does to protect his players  from injury, and to keep them fresh,  so therefore would it not make sense then to use his bench earlier than he has done of late, ensuring that injuries are kept to a minimum while maximizing freshness of legs and providing valuable pitch time for non starters, but hey, what do i know?

YNWA
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15132: Dec 14, 2017 11:08:32 am
      We need top forward next year and playmaker that can beat park bus teams

I'd rather play a system that can beat park bus teams. One simple system is for instance: buy two 190+cm forwards and cross the hell out into the box. But there are more subtle ways too.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15133: Dec 14, 2017 11:24:10 am

Can't disagree with this, especially when you take into account that Jürgen rotates as much as he does to protect his players  from injury, and to keep them fresh,  so therefore would it not make sense then to use his bench earlier than he has done of late, ensuring that injuries are kept to a minimum while maximizing freshness of legs and providing valuable pitch time for non starters, but hey, what do i know?

YNWA

He is a very very stubborn man and from his interviews it also appears that he is quite an insecure person, these are not qualities of great football managers, certainly not in the Prem. The reason he doesn't make a substitution before the 75th minute is because he refuses to admit he was wrong in the team selection, either that or he is F***ing moron, take your pick. Yesterday for example it was obvious to everyone that we needed to make a change, if he'd brought on the Ox and Solanke in the 55th minute, given them 35 minutes plus maybe altered the formation a bit then I think we would have won that game with ease.
      My view of Klopp is that when it works it is a beautiful thing and we play some magnificent football, but he has F**k all idea about how to set up a defence and he has F**k all concept of a plan B inside a game, I'd expect more for the money he is paid.

Quick Reply