Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1518509 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15203: Dec 16, 2017 09:34:41 pm
      Basically that's right. Jürgen's charisma and some flashes cover that fact. But there's no alternative. There is no one better than Klopp available. Also we need conituity. Maybe Benitez or Rogers could have done it with some more years but they were axed. We need to give Klopp more time to do his thing.

It's not.
      If you dont think the squad-at the point of Rodgers leaving, when he had 3 and a half years to build it- is basically the  same as now then I dont know what to say. We aren't talking the  high of Suarez and still having a Gerrard in but at the point he left..
      We've got rid of some dross and added some better options and more depth in areas we had none.
      Think of Borini, Lambert, Balotelli and think Mane, Salah and Chamberlian
      Think of Enrique and now Robertson
      Think of skrtel and Matip.

Think of the point we were at in 2010-11... it's been a slow build back and we are getting there.
      What we need is stability and patience because unfortunately we don't have bottomless pockets and cant solve it all in a couple of Windows.

Rodgers had one unbelievable season.. an 84 point league challenge, fuelled by suarez... Rodgers helped get suarez to the  level and in a system to aid that season but those talking about Klopps rotation currently, Luis was running on empty by April that year.
      Beyond that 84 point season he finished with 61 and 62 points in his full seasons
      What we need is 72+ on a regular basis to continue to improve not one in every four years..  Klopp in his first full season got us 76 points and has improved the squad in my opinion as with the examples above.
      To continue to do so will only be told by the end of this season but I refute we are at the same level we were either squad wise or consistency wise as at October 15 to now.

Yes we all want quicker progress, but we don't have the funds for that. But we have progressed..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #15204: Dec 16, 2017 10:56:12 pm
      Reading some of the sh*te on here it's quite clear we have some of the dumbest fans imaginable.

What happened to those most intelligent fans, must have died out.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #15205: Dec 17, 2017 01:16:05 am
      Reading some of the sh*te on here it's quite clear we have some of the dumbest fans imaginable.

The quality of the posts on this forum sinks lower and lower everyday.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #15206: Dec 17, 2017 03:23:53 am
      Sorry guys, I’ll try to post more often to bring the quality back up. Been kind of busy lately.
      Kopite78
      Reply #15207: Dec 17, 2017 08:14:57 am

Thanks lads 👍
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #15208: Dec 17, 2017 10:24:12 am

I think there are a lot of great posters still.

Some I disagree with.....but still quality.

The bits I struggle with - as an arl fella - are the ludicrous knee jerking we see from week to week and the persecution of some, specific players in red.

Over the years there have been many in the jersey who weren’t good enough but they weren’t subjected to some of the faceless vitriol the interweb allows.

It’s also not the responsibility of the mods who - on the whole - do a damn good job. We’re all grown men and women and responsible for what comes out our keyboards.

That’s not to my taste.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15209: Dec 17, 2017 10:38:24 pm
      Ok, I checked some stats ofthe 2017/2018 season (17.12.2017) and here is why I am wrong, why Jürgen is a top coach and why his system works:

You see a table that basically represents like one should analyze a team and its coach, in my opinion. It isn't about silverware, wins etc., because that's often a matter of luck, it's about creating as many top chances as possible with the cheapest player pool possible. As you can see, only City makes more out of what they have than us. That's pretty decent. I am also convinced that once we increase our player value pool over 450 we might get 75-80 chances which would makes us better overall and able to compete for any title.

top chances+goals     player value in Mio.       ratio: player value/top chances
      1. City         98                              517                                 5.2
      2. LFC         64                              397                                 6.2
      3. Arsenal    64                              451                                 7.0
      4. Spurs      54                              432                                 8.0
      5. United     60                              497                                  8.2
      6. Chelsea   53                              540                                 10.1

p.s. Of coutse this stat is just not complete. One would also need to take into account the numbers of top chances to happen against you. Anybody knows a site with that stat?
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #15210: Dec 17, 2017 10:59:07 pm
      Ok, I checked some stats ofthe 2017/2018 season (17.12.2017) and here is why I am wrong, why Jürgen is a top coach and why his system works:

You see a table that basically represents like one should analyze a team and its coach, in my opinion. It isn't about silverware, wins etc., because that's often a matter of luck, it's about creating as many top chances as possible with the cheapest player pool possible. As you can see, only City makes more out of what they have than us. That's pretty decent. I am also convinced that once we increase our player value pool over 450 we might get 75-80 chances which would makes us better overall and able to compete for any title.

top chances+goals     player value in Mio.       ratio: player value/top chances
      1. City         98                              517                                 5.2
      2. LFC         64                              397                                 6.2
      3. Arsenal    64                              451                                 7.0
      4. Spurs      54                              432                                 8.0
      5. United     60                              497                                  8.2
      6. Chelsea   53                              540                                 10.1

p.s. Of coutse this stat is just not complete. One would also need to take into account the numbers of top chances to happen against you. Anybody knows a site with that stat?

I'm speechless. I've seen it all now.

Of everything out there, nothing convinced you of the fact that Klopp might actually be a good manager? But two statistics that have nothing to do with eachother whatsoever suddenly makes Klopp a top manager for you? Wow.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #15211: Dec 17, 2017 11:54:17 pm
      Needs 34 pts out of the next 51 (17 league games) to overtake Rafa and have the best opening 100 league games I assume since Dalglish 1985.

Hope he can achieve it but doesn't give much leeway for draws.

So yeah, blame me for jinxing the Everton and West Brom draws.

Anyway, three games on and he now needs 29 pts out of our next 44!  Arsenal up next as well.  Going to be very tough to match it now I think. 
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #15212: Dec 18, 2017 09:14:52 am
      We've become the first team in top flight history to win 4 away games in a row by at least 3 goals.

Cracking stat that.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #15213: Dec 18, 2017 09:30:13 am
      Anyway, three games on and he now needs 29 pts out of our next 44! 
      Out of 45?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #15214: Dec 18, 2017 09:39:16 am
      It’s funny.

For all the ups and downs since Aug I think (more than ever) that we’re really close to a breakthrough......and that’s with so little investment in top-end quality AND with sub-par goalie / centre-backs in particular.

He’s got blind spots that drive me nuts sometimes but I genuinely believe we’re on the brink of something.....really progressing.
      « Last Edit: Dec 18, 2017 09:54:46 am by Scotia »
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #15215: Dec 18, 2017 09:46:51 am
      Best man for the job.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #15216: Dec 18, 2017 10:01:26 am
      Since the Spurs match on 22nd Oct, we've played 12, won 8, drawn 4, scored 37, conceded 7 (the 3 against Seville, the only match we've conceded more than one) and kept 7 clean sheets.  The manager's not doing too badly the past 2 months.
      Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #15217: Dec 18, 2017 10:24:45 am
      Just to add to that we have only lost twice in the league this season so far, only city have bettered that.

I remember these win stats saying Rodgers was better than loop, is this still the case?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #15218: Dec 18, 2017 10:48:16 am

Whoops - meant needs 29 out of 42.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #15219: Dec 18, 2017 11:04:58 am
      I remember these win stats saying Rodgers was better than loop, is this still the case?

Rodgers has a marginally better win percentage (in the league, not in all comps), but he also has a higher loss percentage so Klopp is currently averaging 1.84 points per game whereas Rodgers had 1.8.  Not much in it.

Benitez still the best in terms of collecting league points (average 1.9) since the King Part I.

Klopp's Liverpool are the hardest to beat.  Lost 19% of his games, Benitez lost 22.5% and Rodgers 25.3%.

As for the goals and all that...

https://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/alltimemanagerstats.htm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #15220: Dec 18, 2017 11:12:32 am
      Rodgers has a marginally better win percentage (in the league, not in all comps), but he also has a higher loss percentage so Klopp is currently averaging 1.84 points per game whereas Rodgers had 1.8.  Not much in it.

Benitez still the best in terms of collecting league points (average 1.9) since the King Part I.

Klopp's Liverpool are the hardest to beat.  Lost 19% of his games, Benitez lost 22.5% and Rodgers 25.3%.

Hodgson  :lmao:

Sir Suarez
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 59 
      Reply #15221: Dec 18, 2017 11:19:30 am
       :gt-happyup: :gt-happyup:

Thanks for that
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #15222: Dec 18, 2017 04:33:26 pm
      It’s funny.

For all the ups and downs since Aug I think (more than ever) that we’re really close to a breakthrough......and that’s with so little investment in top-end quality AND with sub-par goalie / centre-backs in particular.

He’s got blind spots that drive me nuts sometimes but I genuinely believe we’re on the brink of something.....really progressing.

So true mate, I've found it relatively amusing seeing the highs and lows people have hit when personally I've always been supremely confident he'll get it spot on.

Now City are going to prove to be a lot harder nut to crack under Guardiola, he's earned my respect a bit in transforming them into the most formidable side I've seen in the prem era. That wont detract what  I think Jürgen is building here and has been doing since the moment he got here.

If people are 100% honest with themselves, look back at what he took over, player for player and compare the options we have now with the money spent and they can be nothing but astonished at the job he's doing.

When he took over we had very little talent to speak of, certainly those that were being played.

Now we have:

Firmino - Easily one of the best players in the league, I still think he's underrated by our fans.

Salah - Obviously one of the best players in the league but interesting to compare Firmino's shot accuracy and conversion rate, but that's for another day.

Mane - Another top player.

Coutinho - Clearly progressed under Jürgen, now much more consistent.

Lallana - Came on leaps and bounds under Jürgen.

Keita - One of the best in the world.

Lallana - I put him in as on the end of last season's form he was one of the best in the league in his position, huge improvement.

That's 7 players I would rank right up there with the best in this division in their current position, I personally would include Matip but I know many wouldn't so I'll not even add him. Gomez is on his way there too at a quick rate of progression now he's put his injuries behind him.

There's so many reasons to be positive about our club right now that you'd be nuts to think of changing but still it wasn't long ago that there were calls to do just that, I don't understand it but each to their own.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #15223: Dec 18, 2017 04:43:11 pm
      So true mate, I've found it relatively amusing seeing the highs and lows people have hit when personally I've always been supremely confident he'll get it spot on.

Now City are going to prove to be a lot harder nut to crack under Guardiola, he's earned my respect a bit in transforming them into the most formidable side I've seen in the prem era. That wont detract what  I think Jürgen is building here and has been doing since the moment he got here.

If people are 100% honest with themselves, look back at what he took over, player for player and compare the options we have now with the money spent and they can be nothing but astonished at the job he's doing.

When he took over we had very little talent to speak of, certainly those that were being played.

Now we have:

Firmino - Easily one of the best players in the league, I still think he's underrated by our fans.

Salah - Obviously one of the best players in the league but interesting to compare Firmino's shot accuracy and conversion rate, but that's for another day.

Mane - Another top player.

Coutinho - Clearly progressed under Jürgen, now much more consistent.

Lallana - Came on leaps and bounds under Jürgen.

Keita - One of the best in the world.

Lallana - I put him in as on the end of last season's form he was one of the best in the league in his position, huge improvement.

That's 7 players I would rank right up there with the best in this division in their current position, I personally would include Matip but I know many wouldn't so I'll not even add him. Gomez is on his way there too at a quick rate of progression now he's put his injuries behind him.

There's so many reasons to be positive about our club right now that you'd be nuts to think of changing but still it wasn't long ago that there were calls to do just that, I don't understand it but each to their own.
      Agree Luke.  I've only been on this site a few months and been surprised by the extreme reactions to every setback (a match without a win!) we have.  The quality of our bench is one of the key indicators of how I think we're looking stronger.  Our bench yesterday had Milner, Mane, Lallana, Ings, Solanke & TAA.  Not all world-beaters, granted, but plenty of quality & options there.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15224: Dec 18, 2017 04:57:46 pm

That actually is a very good measure of a team, but I agree that you need to include the stats about shots against you, I fear that would have us sliding down that table to perhaps 4th place ;-)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15225: Dec 18, 2017 05:01:02 pm

;D Hodgson, F**k me what a nightmare that was.

Quick Reply