Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526701 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15272: Dec 24, 2017 04:58:23 am
      I admittingly made a grammar error.

*Admittedly.

Sorry, I couldn't resist :D

To be fair, the "Sack Klopp because he picks Migs" argument is a threadbare opinion at best. Karius hasn't shown to be any more consistent, his errors have been as nuts and diabolical when he has made them. Just thinking that the manager should be shown the door because he picks between a couple average as F**k GK's versus the wonderful things he has done for this team and continually is doing to get better... it's a valid point to say that these fans are fickle, to put it politely.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #15273: Dec 24, 2017 07:10:33 am
      Wouldn't swap Klopp for anyone. Love the fact that he's our manager.
      I think him sticking by and insisting on working with certain players was a sign of his belief in his own coaching skills.

However, I see a watershed moment with the recent comments after the Arsenal match that the problems were 'obvious'.
      He has the frontline purring. I think he has realised that he can't 'fix' the backline and has to bring in new blood.   

I wouldn't swap Klopp either, but if he was only realising now that he can't fix or back line without bringing in New blood then I'd be worried, the rest of us spotted that ages ago.
      As long as we have dodgy goalies and CBs all Jürgen's good work will continue to be undone.
      Brendan got a lot of sick for the amount of goals we conceded, Jürgen needs to make sure he secededs in this area or we'll win nothing.
      Kopite78
      Reply #15274: Dec 24, 2017 07:15:55 am

Also.
      *tough  :-\
      And *threw  (not thrown)   :)
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #15275: Dec 24, 2017 07:28:52 am

Your intervention is both helpful and timely.

In other words - you’re correct.

;)
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #15276: Dec 24, 2017 07:31:50 am
      Y'all crazy! 😁
      Kopite78
      Reply #15277: Dec 24, 2017 10:07:18 am
      I genuinely get the frustration with results like Friday night, it feels like we lost the game with what we were doing for the first 50 minutes.. but I have a feeling we are not that far away from being a truly great side under Klopp, of course he needs to address the obvious, and that is the keeper, he has to see it, he can't not see it.
      As a defensive unit we have got better there is no doubt to that, we are actually right up there in terms of clean sheets and more importantly in terms of chances created against us
      So it's obvious that if we aren't having chances created against us that the system works.. But if we aren't having chances created but still conceeding goals the problem is the keeper.. He  is simply not  doing his job, the error for the second is unforgivable and allows what happens to happen.

Klopp must see that, and I'm willing to let him have the time to see it and solve it. Managers have to be ruthless and I believe he is and if his system is falling down on a keeper not doing the basics then he has to solve it.. it undoes all the work he has done, which he has done well in my opinion, he's turned us into an effective attacking side, but also a side who doesn't have chances against them.
      Get a keeper who saves shots in and the difference will be obvious. It's even more important for me than a cb.

We  have lost in think it's 4 in the last 33 league games. That's good, it shows character, the side is full of that otherwise at 3-2 down we don't get back into it, we lose that game without abundance of character and guts

We really aren't far away... keep the faith reds  and have a good Christmas

3 points on boxing day
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #15278: Dec 24, 2017 10:40:27 am
      At least we are proving very hard to beat. He just needs, to sort out the defence and the team are really on the move.
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #15279: Dec 24, 2017 10:43:57 am
      At least we are proving very hard to beat. He just needs, to sort out the defence and the team are really on the move.

"Hard to beat" but need to "sort out defence". Sounds oxymoron, but it's not wrong. Yeah, that's our team. :lmao:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #15280: Dec 24, 2017 10:44:43 am
      I’m wondering, or even supposing, Klopp sees the obvious, but not dropping migs is a way of keeping his confidence as high as he can to get us through the season. He used Karius in cup games to give him minutes. If he drops migs, then Karius has another nightmare, we’ve got two keepers shot to bits. I’m thinking Danny Ward is for the future, or reserve to whoever comes in.
      I just cant believe Klopp doesn’t see it. Just nursing along,what he’s got until something decent becomes available. Probably won’t happen Jan, because not much does, and showing interest in a top keeper now, and not securing him, will furthermore unsettle what we’ve got.
      I think the long contract was to get people to believe he is valued to get s decent price when he moves on.
      Poor keepers give defenders the jitters, poor defenders give keepers the jitters.
      Unfortunately we’ve got both !
      Just my opinion.
      « Last Edit: Dec 24, 2017 01:36:31 pm by GERNS »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15281: Dec 24, 2017 12:11:13 pm
      Somebody who doesn't watch football much just told me they read about how bad Mignolet is. He's becoming known amongst even people who have little interest in football. He's the hulk hogan of terrible goalkeepers. He has made Klopp the Christmas laughing stock. Sort it out fast.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #15282: Dec 24, 2017 12:31:54 pm
      Somebody who doesn't watch football much just told me they read about how bad Mignolet is. He's becoming known amongst even people who have little interest in football. He's the hulk hogan of terrible goalkeepers. He has made Klopp the Christmas laughing stock. Sort it out fast.

Klopp isn’t a laughing stock, but you are. ;)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15283: Dec 24, 2017 12:57:32 pm
      Klopp isn’t a laughing stock, but you are. ;)
      it's funny you say that. Nobody knows me, everyone knows Klopp. There's no such thing as an anonymous laughing stock.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #15284: Dec 24, 2017 01:25:19 pm

Someone who knows F**k all about football forums told me this post was rabbling sh*t. The Donald Trump of Hulk Hogan forum posts.

This game is fun. Especially at 11:47pm christmas eve in Australia after 15 pints. Shitccheeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh . Gimme more gimme gimme more.

I love you Kloppo you beautiful b***ard. I know Migs aint your fault. Sure, some may think everything should have been fixed immediately but Rome wasn't built in a day and Rome is a steaming shithole in comparison to the illustrious beauty of Liverpool FC. You'll get it right old mate, ship off Migs whenever possible and sort the D out, we're aces. To be fair, considering how F***ing disastrous the keyboard warriors would have us all think this team is, being in fourth aint really that bad. Must be doing something right ay Kloppo!

That's the crux of it for me, and what shits me to F***ing tears. Every result that isn't a four nil spanking is dissected to pieces and these fucks suddenly start calling for Klopp's head because he isn't doing our divine right and stomping away with the league. Look at what he was handed! Everything that is wrong with this team, more or less, are holdovers from the old generation. He's giving it time, building from the front maybe (lets face it, that's F***ing fun) and giving it every chance. I laugh at the suggestions that Klopp is "only just seeing what the fans have seen for years" - F***ing get off your soapbox cu*ts, you think Klopp hasn't seen every minuscule F**k up that we've seen, and the ones we haven't? F**k me, the c**t just doesn't jump on FIFA and make dream moves materialise because he's F***ing playing real life, not Professional mode.

Man I don't know if anything I just said makes sense but F**k me, merry christmas ya filthy F***ing red animals I love most of ya and F**k Trump and lets go and win some F***ing sh*t next year. Wheres the mothercuking eggnog.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #15285: Dec 24, 2017 01:30:50 pm
      De gramer und speling on hear is gon to da focking dogs, sort it out !!#!
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #15286: Dec 24, 2017 02:56:16 pm
      Should it bother Klopp that Conte won the league in his first attempt and now Pep is all but set to win his first one in his second season here but he has not even come close to winning it yet? I think it should.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #15287: Dec 24, 2017 03:44:58 pm
      Should it bother Klopp that Conte won the league in his first attempt and now Pep is all but set to win his first one in his second season here but he has not even come close to winning it yet? I think it should.

No it shouldn’t.

Not remotely.

Actually even less than that if possible.

So in summary.....no.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15288: Dec 24, 2017 05:07:02 pm
      Someone who knows f**k all about football forums told me this post was rabbling sh*t. The Donald Trump of Hulk Hogan forum posts.

This game is fun. Especially at 11:47pm christmas eve in Australia after 15 pints. Shitccheeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh . Gimme more gimme gimme more.

I love you Kloppo you beautiful b***ard. I know Migs aint your fault. Sure, some may think everything should have been fixed immediately but Rome wasn't built in a day and Rome is a steaming shithole in comparison to the illustrious beauty of Liverpool FC. You'll get it right old mate, ship off Migs whenever possible and sort the D out, we're aces. To be fair, considering how f**king disastrous the keyboard warriors would have us all think this team is, being in fourth aint really that bad. Must be doing something right ay Kloppo!

That's the crux of it for me, and what shits me to f**king tears. Every result that isn't a four nil spanking is dissected to pieces and these fucks suddenly start calling for Klopp's head because he isn't doing our divine right and stomping away with the league. Look at what he was handed! Everything that is wrong with this team, more or less, are holdovers from the old generation. He's giving it time, building from the front maybe (lets face it, that's f**king fun) and giving it every chance. I laugh at the suggestions that Klopp is "only just seeing what the fans have seen for years" - f**king get off your soapbox cu*ts, you think Klopp hasn't seen every minuscule f**k up that we've seen, and the ones we haven't? F**k me, the c**t just doesn't jump on FIFA and make dream moves materialise because he's f**king playing real life, not Professional mode.

Man I don't know if anything I just said makes sense but f**k me, merry christmas ya filthy f**king red animals I love most of ya and f**k Trump and lets go and win some f**king sh*t next year. Wheres the mothercuking eggnog.
      It makes no difference if we were 1st or 20th on this matter. Mignolet is a disgrace and a lot of fans are rightly  pissed off so they're asking Klopp why he is putting them through it.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #15289: Dec 24, 2017 06:15:18 pm

If we spent as much as City or had a squad as good as Chelsea's to begin with then maybe but we didn't so no. Probably a question more for Mourinho that, who's spent almost as much as City but will probably fall well short of the title in both seasons he's been there.

Don't get me wrong though, lots of improvement needed from Jürgen and the club as a whole in 2018.
      « Last Edit: Dec 24, 2017 08:43:20 pm by chats »
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15290: Dec 24, 2017 07:08:37 pm

Players value in Mio.

Chelsea 540
      City 517
      LFC 397

So Klopp has the worst hand to play. He also neither did have much football luck nor injury luck so far. Give him VVD + Keita + Coutinho not leaving and he owes some success. Right now he's building up this team to get where City, ManU and ManC already are.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15291: Dec 24, 2017 08:26:03 pm
      Players value in Mio.

Chelsea 540
      City 517
      LFC 397

So Klopp has the worst hand to play. He also neither did have much football luck nor injury luck so far. Give him VVD + Keita + Coutinho not leaving and he owes some success. Right now he's building up this team to get where City, ManU and ManC already are.

Lukaku £75 million.
      Salah £37 million.

He's hardly dealt a poor hand. According to Transfermarkt our squad is worth £462 - that's more than Spurs. If we'd bought Van Dyke it'd be worth £537 putting us £3 million behind City. What seperates us is they've been better at buying than we have. I would also remind you that it was he that said he doesn't want to spend massive amounts on players, that he'd retire if that was the only way to win, so again, you can't say he's been dealt a poor hand, rather he's chosen one for himself.

Stop making excuses for him. He's the one that's been responsible for our problems. He's the one who needs to be ruthless over the next two windows and replace the players who fail season in, season out. No one's calling for his head - yet - we're only calling for change.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #15292: Dec 24, 2017 08:28:41 pm
      Anyone calling for Klopp’s head is an outright idiot.

As for change....I’m sure he will be making the changes he feels are necessary. I’d love to have a new keeper but I suppose he can’t snap his fingers and have one right now. Hopefully....soon......
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15293: Dec 24, 2017 11:28:48 pm
      Anyone calling for Klopp’s head is an outright idiot.

As for change....I’m sure he will be making the changes he feels are necessary. I’d love to have a new keeper but I suppose he can’t snap his fingers and have one right now. Hopefully....soon......

Why not? Guardiola did. Comes in, bins off Hart because he's sh*t, brings in Bravo. He doesn't work out so he goes out and gets Ederson who proves the difference maker this season. Let me put it another way to you. How long do you think Coutinho, Salah, Mane, Keita, whomever else comes in is going to stay at our club if all their efforts to win enough matches to win silveerware are wasted because the gaffer doesn't sort out the defensive side of the squad? There's a stat knocking around, I don't know if you've seen it or if it's been posted up here, but 41 points we've dropped from winning positions, more than anyone else in Europe since Klopp took over. If not now, over the next two windows, then when?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #15294: Dec 25, 2017 02:04:04 am

Pep and Conte had reasonable teams that they took over.

We had Rodger's underperforming dross to deal with and still are.

Quick Reply