Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526735 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15341: Dec 26, 2017 08:07:03 pm
      Regardless of the result today, I would like a new manager. I can't stand Mignolet anymore and Klopp picking him again has pissed me off.

:D

Jesus.

Only just seen this, been at the game, I know you probably never go like.

I don't know how you can look at yourself in the face with sh*te like that I really don't.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #15342: Dec 26, 2017 09:08:12 pm
      Can’t believe there isn’t a line of folks waiting to praise Jürgen, I mean we give him plenty of stick when we get a bad result. Should probably give him kudos when we get a good one?

Well done today boss,  nice bounce back.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,164 posts | 829 
      Reply #15343: Dec 26, 2017 09:11:16 pm
      So you think he should stick with Mignolet then, can I please ask you why?

My opinion of whether he picks him or not is irrelevant as I'm not the manager.

I just assume that he doesn't rate Karius and Ward so he is left to choosing Mignolet every game until he finds a better replacement in the market.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #15344: Dec 26, 2017 09:52:37 pm
      Didn't this used to be a thing in this thread? 😉

After 88 Premier League games

Klopp 162 points
      Rodgers 159 points
      Benitez 157 points
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15345: Dec 26, 2017 11:05:38 pm
      We beat bottom of the league Swansea. I'm not sure this is a good measure of Mignolets abilities. Wait until we play Burnley, that's going to be a real test, I'd be surprised if there is a winner by more than a 2-0 goals. Saving a shot whilst no pressure at 5-0 agaibst Swansea is different from 2-0 against Arsenal. We've got a lot tougher games to play. I'm happy we won the game, but Mignolet has to go and I've lost faith in Klopp as a manager that's going to take us to the next level. Feel free to flip flopp, but to me the goalkeeping situation is still as dire as its ever been.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15346: Dec 26, 2017 11:24:46 pm
      Regardless of the result today, I would like a new manager. I can't stand Mignolet anymore and Klopp picking him again has pissed me off.

I'm happy we won the game, but Mignolet has to go and I've lost faith in Klopp as a manager that's going to take us to the next level.

*Team wins 5-0. Still utterly miserable*

"Lost faith in Klopp"

I find it strange that we watch City piss the league because of the hundreds of millions they've spent on Keepers and defence and it's the manager of Liverpool rather than the owners whose head you are calling for.

The problem this club has is that the managers are always having to compromise on signings.
      Klopp is no different. Even back as far as Rafa, when the team was Number 1 in Europe, it was the same.

The difference is Guardiola doesn't have to compromise.
      Change every manager you want. They won't do better than Klopp.
      Not when the owners are busy counting pennies.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15347: Dec 26, 2017 11:36:29 pm

*Team wins 5-0. Still utterly miserable*

"Lost faith in Klopp"

I find it strange that we watch City piss the league because of the hundreds of millions they've spent on Keepers and defence and it's the manager of Liverpool rather than the owners whose head you are calling for.

The problem this club has is that the managers are always having to compromise on signings.
      Klopp is no different. Even back as far as Rafa, when the team was Number 1 in Europe, it was the same.

The difference is Guardiola doesn't have to compromise.
      Change every manager you want. They won't do better than Klopp.
      Not when the owners are busy counting pennies.
      we should beat Swansea without any keeper, today was show of attacking power. Goalkeeper quality wasn't much of a factor today. When it is a big factor in a tougher game I don't think Klopp will make the right call. Karius is getting no decent run to gain experience and become the keeper we desperately need.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15348: Dec 26, 2017 11:38:36 pm
      we should beat Swansea without any keeper, today was show of attacking power. Goalkeeper quality wasn't much of a factor today. When it is a big factor in a tougher game I don't think Klopp will make the right call. Karius is getting no decent run to gain experience and become the keeper we desperately need.

Karius' aggression would also cause us to leak goals when he over commits.
      Then you'd call for Klopp's head because you don't rate Karius.

Issue now is that there are 2 keepers that need replacing.
      There aren't many available that are of the calibre that LFC need.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #15349: Dec 27, 2017 12:05:57 am
      Riparu I always thought you were a bit dim but no you’ve now confirmed your a complete pr**k
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15350: Dec 27, 2017 12:42:37 am
      Karius' aggression would also cause us to leak goals when he over commits.
      Then you'd call for Klopp's head because you don't rate Karius.

Issue now is that there are 2 keepers that need replacing.
      There aren't many available that are of the calibre that LFC need.
      harsh on Karius. He's not been given much of a chance. Ward and Karius deserve a chance. I don't think Karius has been magnificent, but I am quite impressed with how he patrols the area.

It's been mentioned in a few places Kevin Trapp will come in January, I'm not sure about him. I've heard that he can make some howlers too.
      « Last Edit: Dec 27, 2017 12:48:14 am by Ribapuru »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15351: Dec 27, 2017 12:56:21 am
      harsh on Karius. He's not been given much of a chance. Ward and Karius deserve a chance. I don't think Karius has been magnificent, but I am quite impressed with how he patrols the area.

It's been mentioned in a few places Kevin Trapp will come in January, I'm not sure about him. I've heard that he can make some howlers too.

It's not harsh on Karius.
      With him some proper elite centre backs would be needed to be on their game for how he plays.
      Liverpool doesn't have them. If you've got a keeper that commits like that you've got to be prepared for it.
      Lovren and company. Not so much. I prefer Karius to Mignolet.
      I'll take proactive over inert.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #15352: Dec 27, 2017 03:27:04 am
      Can’t believe there isn’t a line of folks waiting to praise Jürgen, I mean we give him plenty of stick when we get a bad result. Should probably give him kudos when we get a good one?

Well done today boss,  nice bounce back.

It's always easier to criticise than to praise. Just have a look at the amount of pages in a live match thread when we draw / lose (we've actually only lost 3 games in the last 35 or something?) a game compared to when we win and demolish teams. Of course it's no fun to say something was good, it's only fun to rip into players, the manager and blaming the scapegoat of the day for whatever result we had on the day (in no way blaming you, just in general).

I'm happy with our progress under Klopp. Yes, the amount of draws are rather frustrating, but we haven't been outplayed by a single team so far this season (unless people really want to count the City game where we were down to 10 men). We've turned last season's losses into draws, time to turn a few of them into wins.

Last season we regulary struggled beating the bus parkers / cannon fodder / lower half of the table teams.

This season's numbers so far against these teams:

Win: 8
      Draw: 2
      Loss: 0

Goals for: 29 / Goals against: 3

Those are some pretty stellar numbers compared to last season.

Out of our eight draws:
      - Six were against teams in the top half of the table
      - Two were scoreless draws
      - In all but one of the six score draws, we were ahead at some point in the game

We're pretty much the polar opposite of last season dropping points in the games against the big teams now. Though I think we deserved more in all of the Chelsea, Arsenal and manc games.

We're well on our way to have a 80-90 goals scored season and 75-80 points season (if we manage to turn some of these draws into wins) while having made the final 16 in the CL. Progress.

With regards to the goalkeeping situation: there was a clear agreement in place at the start of the season. Mignolet gets the league, Karius the CL. If Klopp didn't rate Karius, he wouldn't be playing him in the bloody CL and the occasional league game. Think he's just being careful with him. Lots of people are calling for him to get a run in the side (me included). The majority of these people will jump on his back from the moment he fucks up. This board goes half into meltdown when we draw a game. What do people think will happen if he messes up just once? We all saw what happened last season.

Did I agree with Mignolet starting against Swansea? Nope, but at least we know Klopp is a man of his word.

RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,183 posts | 1634 
      Reply #15353: Dec 27, 2017 06:27:30 am
      Great result yesterday and a great way to bounce back.

I’m really starting to like AOC in the middle there, think he really adds something to our game.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15354: Dec 27, 2017 07:41:56 am

I was a fan of Mignolet and now he also got on my nerves but to say that we should sack Klopp because of one player and do not base your decision to say it on form and performance is bollocks. You have your own opinion.

I trust Klopp because he genuinely looks like he cares about our team.

We're not a bad position but we need to improve. His target should be our defense and that is not rocket-science to know about it. Klopp needs to do something about it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15355: Dec 27, 2017 08:24:20 am

Why do you continue to be a total kunt ?

99.9% of posters on these boards agree that Mignolet is F***ing sh*te and has no right to wear the shirt, you persistently spout your own sh*te about almost every topic that arises from posters opinions, your the only pr**k calling for Klopp's head because he persists with Migs....the only one....isn't that ironic...cos maybe Klopp is the only one....that thinks Migs should stay in goal...You want Klopp replaced because YOU don't like it, none of us do Fuckstick but we're not calling for his sacking....who would you bring in ?
      f***in Pulis or some other tw*t manager,

Ive a better idea...why don't the mods sack you and spare the rest of us from reading your constantly sh*te posts ?

F**k off tw*t !
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #15356: Dec 27, 2017 08:53:07 am

Ah - festive hangman, love it Billy.

Is there a “u” in there? 🤔

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #15357: Dec 27, 2017 09:10:55 am

You need to turn off censored mode to get the full hit.

Yes, u is correct BTW.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,913 posts | 4980 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15358: Dec 27, 2017 09:20:54 am

Aye, a double 'u' too 😉

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15359: Dec 27, 2017 09:21:19 am
      Somewhere down the line this season Klopp's faith in Migs will pay off..

I think there will be a silver lining..
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #15360: Dec 27, 2017 10:11:34 am
      Does seem to be an embarrassment of riches of goalkeepers in the Prem: Butland,Pickford,Hart,Schmeichel, Forster,Heaton.And there just the English ones.

Pickford would've been my choice but we didn't go for him. No real point in upsetting the cart this season but sooner or later a serious decision, regarding our goalie type thingy will have to be made.

Klopp had a go with Klarius, but now can't really make his mind up,despite Mig trying to make the decision easier.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #15361: Dec 27, 2017 10:13:59 am
      I do hope this rotation tactic pays off for us. The scum, spurs and Arsenal seem to be playing the same players alot which could burn them out. Arsenal could still lose Sanchez and Ozil in January which will make them weaker. Spurs could lose Danny Rose but on the other hand we could lose Coutinho. One good thing for us is Lallana coming back as hes such an important player for us. It will be interesting to see the comings and goings from the top  4 teams in January.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #15362: Dec 27, 2017 10:18:11 am
      I do hope this rotation tactic pays off for us. The scum, spurs and Arsenal seem to be playing the same players alot which could burn them out. Arsenal could still lose Sanchez and Ozil in January which will make them weaker. Spurs could lose Danny Rose but on the other hand we could lose Coutinho. One good thing for us is Lallana coming back as hes such an important player for us. It will be interesting to see the comings and goings from the top  4 teams in January.

The loss of Coutinho would hit us far harder than Arsenal losing Sanchez. Don't think Ozil will go, if both go then that would be a blow but even those two would not amount to us losing Phil.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #15363: Dec 27, 2017 10:19:46 am
      He’s not really rotating the keepers at the moment tough is he.

It’s Karius in Europe and Migs at Home unless he’s injured or sits up to 6am watching the boxing and lets the boss find out.......

The situation in Europe is very, very common. It’s just the media here that keep pitching he can’t make up his mind. Which is total pish.

Agree or disagree but get the basis right.

For what it’s worth I always felt IF he was gonna make a change it was more likely for Leicester than Swansea. Just not the big guy’s style to bump in reaction to an error.

Quick Reply