Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager

Read 1526229 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,170 posts | 1384 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #15479: Jan 01, 2018 08:25:31 pm
      He utilised the squad, got a bit lucky at the end but Burnley didn't batter us, we competed. One or two rested, one or two nursing knocks. Klopp trusted the squad, trusted players, got Lallana out there, got a MOTM performance out of Alex. 7/10 for me.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #15480: Jan 01, 2018 08:43:37 pm
      16 unbeaten games now, not bad, not bad at all.

Keep up the good work Jürgen.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #15481: Jan 01, 2018 10:58:30 pm
      Seven changes for a very difficult game away at Burnley was a big gamble, a gamble that paid off in the end.

My only concern this Season has been our defence, i fully accept the rotation policy but we don't have the talent depth to rotate the defence.

Thank F**k we have signed van Dijk, a small part of the final solution but a solution all the same. I don't know what the plan is for the defence but we need another centre back and a goalkeeper as soon as possible.

Lovren, Klavan and Mignolet are hindering our progress, Klopp has to be ruthless in this department.

Been reading a lot of the stat posts recently and while they make good reading they only paint part of the picture, stats don't show lack of control, lack of leadership, lack of organisation, lack of positional awareness, lack of game intelligence and lack of heart.

If we can get a top class keeper, another centre back along with the addition of Keita then i feel we will have what is needed to finally make a concerted assault on Number 19 next Season.

Klopp is going to take us there, it's just going to take a little bit longer than i expected, that is down to the investment though.

Today's result was fantastic, we didn't play well but we ground it out, that is a massive step in the right direction. Add a bit more quality and we will be there.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15482: Jan 01, 2018 11:06:45 pm
      Dead man walking floats on water..

Keep drilling Boss..
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #15483: Jan 01, 2018 11:08:49 pm
      Lot of posters gone missing since Arsenal.......funny that. Petulance is so dull when you’ve grown up kids......

Outstanding 10/12 across festive period.

Well in boss.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15484: Jan 01, 2018 11:10:39 pm
      He utilised the squad, got a bit lucky at the end but Burnley didn't batter us, we competed. One or two rested, one or two nursing knocks. Klopp trusted the squad, trusted players, got Lallana out there, got a MOTM performance out of Alex. 7/10 for me.

F**k all this 'lucky' bullshit I say! No one (including me) was saying that Watford or Chelsea were 'lucky' when they got their late equalisers against us this season. Nah - we deserved the three points today. No ifs no buts.
      « Last Edit: Jan 01, 2018 11:16:03 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15485: Jan 02, 2018 12:20:31 am
      F**k all this 'lucky' bullshit I say! No one (including me) was saying that Watford or Chelsea were 'lucky' when they got their late equalisers against us this season. Nah - we deserved the three points today. No ifs no buts.
      We deserved it yes, but keeping Solanke on and taking off Mane was ridiculous. -2 for that at least. He picked Migs as well who can't save anything. Static when they scored.  We've got no premier league games for a couple of weeks now. It's like a rest now. Let the fringe players have FA cup.
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2018 12:25:34 am by Ribapuru »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15486: Jan 02, 2018 12:41:22 am
      We deserved it yes, but keeping Solanke on and taking off Mane was ridiculous. -2 for that at least. He picked Migs as well who can't save anything. Static when they scored.  We've got no premier league games for a couple of weeks now. It's like a rest now. Let the fringe players have FA cup.

Rib, thought the same mate but Klopp has come out and said Mane wasn't feeling well and needed to take him off for precautionary reasons. He's too important.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #15487: Jan 02, 2018 05:15:32 am
      Rib, thought the same mate but Klopp has come out and said Mane wasn't feeling well and needed to take him off for precautionary reasons. He's too important.
      In that case, 6/10 for me. I still think he should have made a HT change and stuck with Karius. -2 and -2 for those.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #15488: Jan 02, 2018 05:38:39 am
      Ribs will probably give a 5/10 to the boss even after he wins the CL final.  :D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #15489: Jan 02, 2018 08:52:18 am
      Lot of posters gone missing since Arsenal.......funny that. Petulance is so dull when you’ve grown up kids......

Outstanding 10/12 across festive period.

Well in boss.

He’s managed December perfectly. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again... we have the best manager in the world at our club.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #15490: Jan 02, 2018 09:19:27 am
      Dead man walking floats on water..

Keep drilling Boss..

Spot on. Cracks me up some of the nonsense that people post in their name Shabs it really does....

He’s clinging on remarkably well since that “near death” September isn’t he.......🙄
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #15491: Jan 02, 2018 01:31:05 pm
      Top Top marks to Jürgen for how he has negotiated the Christmas period. Took some grief for the team selection against the bitters and the defensive frailties at the Emirates but he seems to have learnt from last season's January where we completely ran out of steam and as a result has rotated the squad in virtually every game. The proof will be in the coming weeks but I think we're in great shape. 10 points out of 12 over the festive period, a world record signing to come in and improve our defence, a returning Lallana and growing contributions from players like Chamberlain and Klavan. Unbeaten in 16 (13 in the League) and showing some resilience along the way (see the comeback win over Leicester, yesterdays' late winner and the equaliser at the Emirates when we could have caved in completely). Things are looking on the up (so long as you don't read one of Ribs' posts).
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #15492: Jan 03, 2018 07:58:32 am
      Quote from Kopite78
      I hate this argument

It's not fit as in your or my levels of fitness, they'd run over us at 50%
      It's how fit or fatigued they feel against their contempories

A fatiging professional at say 70% will not be at their best if an opponent is at 90%

We can say money this and money that but you could pay them a trillion quid a week or nothing and that fact still stands especially nowadays as the game is quicker and more reliant of fitness than ever before.

You make them sound like a bunch of OAP's. If a team has better players than their opponents, then it usually doesn't matter what their fitness levels are, as they'll still win. When we regularly won 3 and 4 trophies in a single season, we essentially got by on a squad of 15 players or so, with only one substitute per game available. Today, we regularly rotate players and for all this mass rotating and resting, the result of it all is 1 trophy in 10 years. So tell me which way is better now. 

These guys are full time professional athletes. Their one job is to play football games and if that means playing 2-3 games a week, that's what it means. If they weren't playing, they'd be training. Like in any profession, they don't get paid to put their feet up.

We need to have the strongest line up on any given day to get the result we need. All players can get injured at any time, not because they played x amount of games beforehand, or they played a cup game in midweek. That's what it takes to be successful. The more successful you are, the more games you play. It's always been thus.

I know you reject this argument, but footballers really do have the life of reilly compared to those in other sports. The Tour De France is the most demanding endurance race in the world. Where hundreds of competitors are expected to put in 200 miles of intense physical effort every day for 3 weeks, in oppressive weather conditions, climbing some of the highest mountain ranges in Europe, flying down them at breakneck speeds, negotiating terrifying hairpin bends at speed, putting up with crowds literally screaming in their face, and after 5-6 hours slog in the saddle, risk serious injury in sprint finishes. And then do it all over again tomorrow, and the next day and the next day and the next, and all just to win a yellow shirt. There's no such thing as stoppages and a 15 minute half time break. Most of them have no chance of winning the thing, some are amateurs, but it's no defence to say "I'm too tired today, I need a kip". That's just one event in one sport of course, I could mention many others. But fair play, they just get on with it without complaint, and if they can manage it, so can full time professional footballers at the peak of their profession.

Meanwhile, as Rib continues to dig an ever bigger hole for himself, the bigger picture is we've zoomed all the way up from 6th a couple of weeks ago, to now comfortably in the top 4, 16 games unbeaten, with 16 league games to go. Over Christmas, we've taken 10 points from 12, we're in the knockouts of the European Cup, we have the signing of the summer banging goals in on tap, and we've just signed the league's most wanted defender. So we've had a very Happy Christmas, and we can look forward to a Happy New Year too.
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #15493: Jan 03, 2018 11:00:33 am
      Multiple times he has blamed the defence when we conceded much less shots but equal or more goals.
      Against Arsenal he refused to blame Mignolet and put it down to team defending and hinted the attack was wasteful.
      I can understand him not wanting to publicly shame Mignolet, but many fans would rather he say nothing than blame others.

Maybe Jürgen prefers the win as a team lose as a team mantra? He often praises THE TEAM when we win rather than singling out particular individuals so I think he is fairly consistent in how he addresses performances win, lose or draw.

And with regards to the Mignolet save I am quite certain he said that Simon should have used both hands to make the save and that it should have been saved.

I'd much rather the Klopp approach as opposed to a Mourinho who often throws players under the bus with his public comments in the media.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15494: Jan 06, 2018 12:50:54 am

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #15495: Jan 06, 2018 12:52:15 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #15496: Jan 06, 2018 12:54:20 am

I'm not angry at him. I'm just disappointed.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #15497: Jan 06, 2018 04:02:37 am
      I'm not angry at him. I'm just disappointed.

Exactly
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #15498: Jan 06, 2018 04:28:27 am

I'll raise you a full frontal pic   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #15499: Jan 06, 2018 11:11:00 am
      I'll raise you a full frontal pic   :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Sammy Lee full frontal.......?

I’ve just stabbed two forks in my eyes so I don’t have to see that ffs.

Typing from memory - impressive huh?! 😎
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #15500: Jan 06, 2018 11:15:08 am
      On a serious note - one or two zoomers aside - we’re making real progress.

Every team in the land is changing their setup to combat us.

That’s pretty cool when you pause and think about it.

We need a little more stability (VVD and a keeper especially) and resilience and we are not far off.

Keep saying it but let the man spend the Couts money and we’re gonna be more than ok........

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #15501: Jan 06, 2018 11:19:28 am
      On a serious note - one or two zoomers aside - we’re making real progress.

Every team in the land is changing their setup to combat us.

That’s pretty cool when you pause and think about it.

We need a little more stability (VVD and a keeper especially) and resilience and we are not far off.

Keep saying it but let the man spend the Couts money and we’re gonna be more than ok........

If we can add another quality striker, 2 creative midfielders, 1 CB & 1 goalie, then I believe we have a title winning side..

Man it's a joy to have Klopp bossing us..

Ps: Klopp still not appointed that defensive coach yet ?  :roll:

Quick Reply